2008 Fathom Yachts 40 Expedition Fast Trawler
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Orange Beach, AL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 407,500
40' Fathom Expedition Fast Trawler is a semi-displacement hull that cruises at 9 knots to 16 knots! Designed by Naval Architect, Gregory C. Marshall the 40' Fathom is fresh approach to cruising and exploring. Made in the United States in Washington State!
Two Stateroom layout, raised Pilothouse with Flybridge!
Powered by a single Cummins 425hp Common Rail Diesel make this yacht super efficient.
- Bow & Stern Thrusters
- 9kw Northern lights generator
- 2800 watt inverter
- RIB 10' dinghy 2017 with 2018 outboard and Davit
- Fold down Transom
We expect this vessel will sell quickly so please serious inquiries only, thank you.
Contact Mark Zeigler, Listing agent 904-614-4963 cell
For clearer photos with NO Pop Up Ads please visit our website at www.mzyachts.com
Serious inquiries only please all photos are 3/1/2020
Please contact Mark Zeigler at 904 389 0500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 40 ft 4 in
Beam: 14 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
Bridge Clearance: 15 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 24000 lbs
Total Power: 420 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Year Built: 2007
Engine Model: QSB 5.9-425
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3090
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 420 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 1400 RPM
Maximum Speed: 16 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Aluminum (140 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (400 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Fiberglass (45 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Entering the vessel from the cockpit door places you in the Main saloon area with a Large "U" shaped settee on the Port side with seating for 6 for dinner. (The settee also converts to a large double berth.) Across on the Starboard is comfortable chair with ottoman and if desired room for two traditional to scale barrel chairs.
Forward and up three steps on the Starboard side places you in the Pilothouse with comfortable helm chair and large "L" shaped settee with table. Please note from the pilothouse area is Open to the Saloon area with No Bulkhead wall giving a very spacious look and feel.
Back down the step and on the Port side is the spacious galley feature beautiful granite counter tops, stainless steel backsplash and numerous cabinets and drawers.
From the Galley and three steps down forward places you in the hall way to the Head/Bathroom to Port with Separate Shower and across the hall the Guest Stateroom with a double berth. Forward in the Bow is the Master Stateroom featuring a center-line Queen berth, hanging locker, drawers and cabinets.
The Fathom 40' features rich Teakwood interior through out the Yacht. The sole is a Teak & Holly with a protective coating giving a durable surface for many years of use with no maintenance.
- Nova Kool refrigerator/freezer (larger size)
- Force 10 Euro Kera electric oven and 3 burner stove top
- Sharp microwave Oven (mounted above oven & stove)
- Stainless steel sink
- Granite counter top
- Storage drawers and cabinets
- Garmin 4212 multi-function display (lower helm)
- Garmin 4208 multi-function display (flybridge helm)
- Garmin radar (2018)
- AIS B transmitter
- Simrad Autopilot at both helms
- New Seawatch TV antenna
- New Rogue Wave dual band Pro WIFI repeater with New TP Link router
- RICHIE compass
- Uniden Vhf (lower helm)
- Northern Lights 9kw Generator M7732-41770C Hours 890
- Magnum MS2812 Inverter/Charger 2800 watt inverter
- Charles Isolation transformer
- Blue Sea electrical panels
- 12 volt outlets at each helm
- Glendinning cable master with 70' cord 50 amp
- 4D AGM starting battery (new April 2020)
- 4D thruster/windlass battery
- 6 6 volt DC house batteries
- Group 24 Generator start battery
Engine room / Mechanical
The Engine room is accessed by lifting the gas-strut assisted molded-in Flybridge step, whereby you step down into the storage "garage" and then through a Diamond Seaglaze door into the engine room. The garage houses the inverter and electrical panels, along with spare parts storage.
- Cummins QSB 5.9 -425 HO 425hp Main engine with 3090 hours
- ZF 280-1 A gearbox
- ZF electronic engine controls
- SmartCraft system engine monitoring
- Seastar Hydraulic steering system
- Dual Racor fuel filters with gauge #75900MAX
- Reverso oil change unit
- Sidepower Bow & Stern Thrusters
- Air Conditioning system Cruiseair 2x 12,000 BTU and 1x 16,000BTU
- Force 10 Stainless Steel 11 gallon water heater
- Tecma electric head freshwater system
- Tankwatch grey and black water tank level monitors
- Lewmar anchor windlass with foot controls
- Stainless steel anchor roller
- Buegle 70lb anchor 250' of 3/8" chain (approximately)
- Spare Danforth anchor 6' 3/8" chain 150' 5/8 three strand nylon (approx.)
- Raw water wash down Fore & Aft
- Non-skid decks
- Stainless steel rails and deck hardware
- Swim platform
- Swim ladder
- Achilles HB-310AX 10' RIB 2017
- Suzuki 15hp 4 stroke outboard 2018
- Steelhead Davit WD600 600lb cap.
- Kahlenberg horns
Recent upgrades and Maintenance
- 11/2019 New Cutlass Bearing
- 1/2020 Serviced removed aftercooler
- 1/2020 replaced Racor filter
- 3/2020 Engine oil change & filters
- 4/2020 Complete bottom job including sand blast Running gear epoxy prime & paint running gear. Bottom: removed all existing bottom paint, prep bottom for epoxy primer. 3 coats of epoxy primer and then 2 coats of Pettit Trinidad PRO-BLUE bottom paint.
- 4/2020 New 4D AGM starting battery
- 9/2020 Replaced Stern thruster with new SE 80 thruster larger more powerful.
- 10/2020 ZF transmission drive coupling replaced
- 12/2020 New Rogue Wave dual band Pro WIFI repeater. Installed new TP Link router
- 12/2020 New Bimini top in sunbella ARUBA color with 3 side Stratoglass enclosure
- 12/2020 New Generator Start battery
- 12/2020 Service generator oil and filter
- 12/2020 Changed Engine air filter system
- 12/2020 Changed 3 Engine zincs
- 12/2020 New Seawatch 19" TV antenna and new signal amplifier
- 2/2021 Prop sent to Prop shop check and balance. Aligned shaft, found to be out by .0055 dye checked no cracks or issues.
1400 rpm @ 7.3 knots
1580 rpm @ 8.0 knots
1600 rpm @ 8.0 knots
1890 rpm @ 8.8 knots
2480 rpm @ 11.2 knots
2950 rpm @ 16.3 knots
2980 rpm @ 16.7 knots
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Mark Zeigler Yacht Sales, Inc.
Fort Pierce, FL, United States
38 Eastbay EX
Jacksonville, FL, United States