2008 M.A.T 12
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Valencia, Spain
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 160,000 Tax Paid (US$ 177,536)
The MAT 12 design represents an extension of the successful Mills Design IRC Cruiser/Racer theme blending the performance characteristics of a racing design with the comfort and accommodation of a performance cruiser, resulting in a true dual-purpose yacht. With success across the Mediterranean she built on our production IRC experience while sharing many of attributes of our 40' racing design Tiamat to promise both racing and cruising enjoyment.
This design concentrates on good all-around speed in a wide range of conditions. The balance of featrues and performance is made possible by quality cored vinylester/e-glass boatbuilding by MAT. On deck the security of seats and coamings creates a comfortable space for family and friends, while racing the large cockpit aft of the seats provides an uninhibited racing platform. Twin wheels allow the driver the best possible vision and communication with the mainsheet trimmer seated directly in front of him. A liferaft locker in the cockpit floor is a great feature for offshore racing and multiple opening ports and hatches provide the best airflow to the interior. The selection and location of deck gear reflects the race-winning capability of the design, allowing a skilled crew to extract the racing potential. Below the 3 cabin interior provides a lot of accomodation, with full galley and nav facilities and a fully enclosed head.
The swept spreader rig with masthead spinnakers and non-overlapping jibs is not only favoured by IRC, it is also the most popular sailplan for a wide range of sailing. With no runners or large jibs to worry about both racing and cruising are faster and more enjoyable. Nice features like external chainplates under a recessed cover reflect the combination of practical boatbuilding and visual flair which make this such a successful design. The 3 cabin interior provides a lot of accomodation, with full galley and nav facilities and a fully enclosed head. Results show the MAT 12 brings a new level of performance to the production Cruiser/Racer market offering a better priced and faster design with a better deck layout and more enjoyable sailing than its competitors.
Contact Liesbeth Groeneveld at +31 320746046
Please contact Liesbeth Groeneveld at 0320746046
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Mark Mills
Flag of Registry: Belgium
LOA: 12.45 m
Beam: 3.75 m
Maximum Draft: 2.25 m
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of heads: 1
IG = 17.47 m ISP = 17.70 m. P = 16.85 m E = 5.90 m J = 4.83 m
Design Mark Mills
Yard Mat Turkey
CE cat A
Delivered end 2008
Diesel 188 L
Water ca. 400L
- 4 mastdisplays, 2 displays inside and remote
- Carbon windmeter in masttop
- Hydraulic Nexus Autopilot
2 Quantum Mainsails:
- Offshore, used.
- Inshore, as new.
- J1 Quantum, used.
- J1 Olimpic, good.
- J1.5 Olimpic, absolutely new.
- J2 Quantum, good.
- J3 Quantum, good.
- S2L Quantum used
- S2M Quantum good
- S4 Quantum good
- A1 Quantum good
- A0 Norts Sails with karver furler. As new.
Spars and rigging
The swept spreader carbon rig, with masthead spinnakers and non-overlapping jibs is not only favoured by IRC, it is also the most popular sailplan for a wide range of sailing. With no runners or large jibs to worry about both racing and cruising are faster and more enjoyable.
- Mast Hall Spars in MS 40 High Modulus carbon fiber
- Hard coat anodized aluminium maststep with spacing for two (2) mastjack Cylinders and Fore-/ Aft Screw Adjuster
- Reinfocement for lifting bar, two (2) bricks with security bolts and lifting bar.
- 2 Holmatro mastjack cylinders with pump and gauge
- Rubbaweld Masttape
- Aluminium hard coat anodized waterlock
- Harken Spinnakerpole track & gear
- VHF antenna including cable
- Windex on masthead
- Perco (small) steaminglight
- LOPOLIGHT LED WHITE 360º masthead light
- Boom in carbon fiber, Hall Spars
- Spinnakerpole in carbon fiber Hall Spars
- Navtec rod rigging
- Running rigging
- 8 opening BSI Moonlight portlights, 4 opening BSI Moonlight hatches, 1 opening BSI Moonlight round foredeck hatch.
- Stainless steel open bow pulpit and stern rail, stanchions, 5 mm S/S lifelines, 620 mm high.
- Anchor locker with drain, provision for. mounting the windlass in the locker.
- 40 mm molded toerail to mast.
- Recessed companionway sliding hatch.
- Opening liferaft locker in cockpit floor.
- Locker for gas bottle.
- Black Magic: 6 x Harken self tailing alloy winches for halyards, mainsheet and jib sheets.
Harken Black Magic racing block and car package including:2:1 mainsheet to winch, Mainsheet traveller and track, blocks for 6:1 winward sheeting traveller purchase system.
Longitudinal jib tracks, ball bearing cars and blocks for 12:1 purchase system .
- Spinlock XX and XTS series heavy duty clutches.
- Twin wheels carbon
- Foldable cleats aft aluminium
- Carbon-fiber rudder shaft manufactured with a safety index of 9x, the blade designed with the assistance of most advanced simulation software, and self-aligning rudder bearings provide an extraordinary sailing experience.
- Composite rudder and custom carbon fibre stock.
- Jefa high performance self aligning top/lower rudder bearings.
- Composite twin pedestals.
- Twin 1000 mm leather covered light alloy or carbon wheels
Keel and Bulb
- Deep keel, rudder, and bulb profiles shaped via CFD* minimize friction, while channeling all the energy to carry the boat forward.
- 950 kg sg iron fin with 2675 kg lead/antimony bulb = 3625 kg (approximate)
- Keel Frame: FEA* computer simulations depicting how the system would react in times of grounding make light but strong designs possible. Special aluminium alloy keel/mast frame. Anodised and protective epoxy paint coated.
- Enclosed head to port forward of mast, s/s hand basin, shower, china bowl, cabinet, hatch for ventilation and day light.
- Forward cabin with double berth, wardrobe, large space under the bed, naturel light from foredeck hatch
- Navigation station to starboard of companionway.
- Central salon area with settees port & starboard, large wet locker starboard, cabinets with doors on P&S. 4 opening portlights, 3 hatches, optional drop-leaf table.
- Double berth cabin port & starboard aft, hanging lockers, double portlights.
- Lightweight honeycomb cored satin varnished mahogany floor boards, cabin doors, cabinet doors.
- Fabrics - High density foam cushions, sunbrella upholstery, dark grey
Galley to port by companionway
- s/s sink
- gimballing cooker, 1 burner
- refrigerator compartement, toploader, lightweight
- 2 bladed racing folding propeller.
- 2 sets of floors (wooden and light weight with antislip)
- 1 set black cushions (race)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.