2007 Swan 42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hamble, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 240,000 Tax Paid (US$ 309,984)
- Sale Pending
Swan 42 "Fargo" has been meticulously optimised for IRC and competitively campaigned for the last couple of seasons.
Her owner took her to Cowes Week and Britannia Cup victory in 2018, and Round the Island second in class zero in 2019, highlighting the competitiveness of these boats under IRC, despite them being widely regarded as ORC bandits.
Rigged for both asymmetric and symmetric spinnakers, a second max draft rudder and custom carbon boom, Fargo is capable of winning against grand-prix race boats.
Please contact at +44 (0)23 8045 0000
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Other
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 10 in
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Number of cabins: 3
• One Sail Main 3DL (70:30 carbon M3) (2015).
• One Sail Jib 1 light/medium 3DL (carbon M3) (2015).
• One Sail Jib 2 (carbon M3) (2015).
• One Sail Jib 3(carbon M3) (2015).
• One Sail Jib 4 (carbon M3) (2015).
• One Sail roller furlong Blast reacher 3DL (T4) (2017).
• One Sail A1 asymmetric downwind laminate CZ 30 DP (2015).
• One Sail A2 asymmetric downwind laminate CZ 60 GP DP (2015)
• One Sail A4 asymmetric downwind laminate CZ 60 GP DP (2015)
• One Sail Spinnaker staysail aramid downwind laminate CZ 15 GP (2015).
Original Class Sail and more IRC sails in store includes
• Delivery main and roller Gib as well as full roller furling forestay and system
• 3 x main sails
• Over 8 A and S sails all in fair order
Construction of the Swan 42:
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Hull is infusion molded e-glass/vinylester laminate with carbon reinforcements in selected areas.
• Sandwich with closed-cell foam cored hull, with higher density foam in bottom and slamming areas.
• Fiber reinforcements are multi-axial and unidirectional.
• Structural bulkheads are veneered sandwich construction or marine grade waterproof plywood.
• Watertight bulkheads at bow, drained fore peak.
• Bottom stiffeners reinforced with unidirectional carbon and multi-axial glass fibre in selected areas.
• GRP engine beds.
• Stainless steel chain plate deck fittings.
• Topsides are gelcoat.
• Epoxy coated bottom.
• Deck is infusion molded e-glass vinylester laminate sandwich deck with glass skins and closed-cell foam cores.
• High-density core or compact laminate under winches and deck hardware as appropriate.
• Epoxy coated, faired and painted in 2014.
• Single-point lift.
Keel & Rudder on the Swan 42:
• T-keel, steel fin with antimony alloyed lead bulb and with upper flange recessed into hull.
• The fin is bolted to hull with high-tensile steel bolts.
• Max draft class rudder (Plus spare).
• The rudder bearings serviced in 2015.
• The Nautor's Swan, Club Swan 42 carbon mast is supplied with a clear coat finish (recoated in 2015).
• The 15/16ths rig is set up for fractional upwind sails and masthead spinnakers.
• Two sets of swept-back spreaders support the runner-less rig, and the Hall – Antal mainsail luff track acceptseither a boltrope or slides.
• The hydraulic mast step adjustment enhances the tuning process.
• Hall constructed carbon-fibre bowsprit system with added bob-stay.
• Navtec rod rigging with aramid backstay. (NEW in 2015_
• 3 x booms (1x class boom, 1x Carbon IRC boom, 1x Southern spars IRC boom (2017)
• All current running rigging is of 2015 or newer
• Large amount of spare running rigging
Swan 42 Domestic Equipment:
• Two-burner Gas stove with oven. (New in 2016 complete fitting)
• Stainless steel double sink with freshwater tap.
• Top loading refrigerator 105/gravity drain with valve, battery driven.
• Formica counter tops and sink cover.
• Garbage bin.
• Marine toilet using sea water for flushing.
Summary of Accommodation:
• This version of the accommodation plan has 2 cabins (two aft) and open sail storage area fwd and 1 head
compartment. Pullman berths in main salon.
• It facilitates movement from one part of the yacht to another, has great storage capacity, comfort and an
• The wood work is in pear-tree coloured wood with fiddles and mouldings in solid wood.
• The light colour of the woodwork gives a greater feeling of space.
• 240 V outlet at chart table.
• 240 V shore power.
• 30 amp shore power cord and inlet.
• Inverter/battery charger.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
• Pressure hot and cold water.
• Back up foot pump for fresh water.
• 2 x Manual and one electric bilge pump.
• 140 Litres fuel in two polyethylene tanks.
• 320 Litres in polyethene tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
• Flexible holding tank, 14.5 gal/55 L, emptied by hand pump or deck suction.
• Covers for wheels, table, chart table, cooker, and work top by Pig bags
• Ebispacher Heating
• 1 x Radar pole (No Radar)
• Swan adjustable shipping cradle
• B&G Zeus³ 12 (2015).
• B&G H3000 (2015).
• B&G VHF with wireless handset in cockpit (2015)
• B&G GPS and complete new wiring for entire system (2015).
Mast and Bulkhead Electronics:
• Port bulkhead – 1 x B&G H 5000 (2015).
• Starboard bulkhead – 1 x B&G H 5000 (2015).
• Mast display – 4 x B&G H 5000 (2015).
• Cabin top winches Harken two speed with fast drum (2015) original class winches in Store 2 B 44.2 STA.
• Mainsheet winches 2 B 53.2 STA.
• Primary winches 2 B 60.3 speed.
Engine & Gearboxes:
• Volvo Penta D2-40, 130S marine diesel 29 kW, 40 HP. Serviced 2015 2016 by Volvo
Propulsion & Steering:
• Alum. Quadrant.
• Twin composite pedestals, twin wheels.
• Saildrive leg with 2 blade folding prop. Serviced 2015 2016 with new Rubber hull seal 2016