2007 J Boats J/122
- View Full Specifications
Recent price drop
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Redondo Beach, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 234,000
TKO is incorporated as a Delaware Corporation for Tax savings.
The J/122 is designed to be a fun, fast, efficient racing and cruising sailboat that can be sailed by a couple, double-handed or with a full compliment of crew on-board.
Developed with and built by J/Europe in France, the J/122 is distinguished by a well executed high quality interior, a non-overlapping sailplan configuration that helps simplify the deck layout and sail selection. A setback headstay with furler are recessed into the deck to maximize the jib luff length while retaining the convenience of jib furling from the cockpit. Plus, the simplicity of an asymmetric spinnaker flown from a retractable carbon bow sprit, makes it easy to achieve near peak performance with minimal crew effort.
The J/122 cockpit is ergonomically optimized with a floor mounted traveler, below decks mainsheet system, offshore seatbacks, remote backstay adjuster and an available removable transom storage dock box that allows one to increase cockpit storage for cruising or convert back to a lighter race mode in a matter of minutes.
TKO has a two cabin with one forward head layout
Please contact Jim Murrell at 562-594-9716
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Alan Johnstone
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 10 in
LWL: 34 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 3 in
Displacement: 14900 lbs
Ballast: 5600 lbs
Deadrise: 62 ° at Transom
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: D2-40B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (42 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Seating Capacity: 6
Upgrades in the last few years
- New batteries New wand and anemometer at masthead
- New battery charger
- New bottom paint with Petit Black Widow and burnished
- Replaced furling drum on jib
- New rudder bearings, upper and lower
- Upgraded nav with new B&G Zeus3 12inch touch display chart plotter w Platinum+ charts New Fusion sound system
- Pulled mast, removed and inspect all fittings, clearcoat, new halyards
- New backstay pump and rebuilt hydraulic adjuster
- Electric fresh water head
- B&G ACP-1 processor
- B&G H3000 CPU
- B&G H3000 FFD's 3 on seahood over companionway
- B&G 20/20s 3 on carbon fiber mast bracket
- B&G Thru hull speedo
- B&G H3000 Auto Pilot pack type 1 w/display
- B&G Linear Drive Auto Pilot Rebuilt 2014
- B&G Remote Auto Pilot controller
- B&G Zeus3 12 inch touch display chartplotter w/CA, HI, Baja MEX, incl WiFi for adding tablet
- ICOM M-424 VHF fixed radio at nav New 2015
- Magnetic compass at helm
Sail Inventory North Sails
- 3Di Mainsail 2017
- 3DL Mainsail 2008
- 3Di L/M Jib Endurance 2017
- 3Di M/H Jib Endurance 2018
- 3Di #3 Jib 2018
- 3Di L/M Jib 2015
- 3Di Nordac M/H Furling jib 2018
- 3DL Heavy jib 2008
- 3DL #4 jib 2008
- Staysail drifter 2016
- 1A Spinnaker 2015
- 2A Spinnaker Airx 600N 2017
- 3A Spinnaker
- 4A Spinnaker
- Cold-molded, solid, and laminated walnut, finished in satin varnish. White finish on main bulkhead.
- Removable, wood effect veneered floor panels with lockdown hardware and ss metal ferrules and flush fasteners.
- White wood hull lining effect in main cabin. Vinyl lining on hull sides in sleeping cabins.
- Cored and insulated doors to all cabin areas.
- Large double V-berth with top access lockers below.
- Large hanging locker, desk with storage above and below.
- Locker and bookshelf on port side.
- Shelf above berth on port side, bow sprit containment area to starboard
- Access door to main cabin and forward head.
- Integrally molded for easy maintenance, with shower tray, sink with access below to seacocks, toilet roll holder.
- Sink is recessed in synthetic resin colored worktop, with rail for hand towel.
- Retractable faucet/shower with pressurized hot and cold water.
- Electric shower drain pump.
- Large storage area along the hull side with dual hinged & angled mirror doors.
- Recessed access door to main and forward cabins
- AFT CABINS (Port & Starboard)
- Large hanging locker.
- Locker with doors, storage below and above.
- Shelf along the hull side.
- Large double berth.
- Access door to engine.
- Option for extra water tank under berth (Starboard cabin).
- Recessed access doors to main cabin
CHART TABLE (to port)
- Large forward facing chart table.
- Chart and navigation tool storage under table top lid.
- Locker under chart table.
- Top access bookshelf/bin locker outboard.
- Large hinge panels outboard for instruments.
- Navigator?s seat with storage below.
- Large storage locker and shelf aft of nav seat with hinge down access panel on forward face.
- Settee/berths to port and starboard.
- Drop leaf table with integrated rails and bottle storage compartment.
- Large storage lockers behind backrests.
- Water tank and fuel tank under settees.
- Two stainless handrails on overhead.
- Double hull windows on each side.
- Integrated, sliding curtains.
L-SHAPED GALLEY (to starboard)
- Gimbaled LPG gas stove with oven and 2 burners, with s/s protection bar.
- Double s/s sink unit recessed in synthetic resin worktop.
- Pressurized hot and cold water.
- Large 150 liter molded icebox/fridge, with single top access, divider, storage shelf and 12v compressor.
- Two utensil drawers.
- Large storage under drawers.
- Storage under sink with shelf.
- Trash bin with direct access from worktop.
- Full length locker outboard of galley worktop with crockery storage system.
- White laminate finish for better wear resistance.
- Open locker/molded shelf for loose deck gear.
- Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
- SS handrails mounted between bulkheads.
- Front engine access via piston assisted hinge-up lid.
Racing ratings and measurements
PHRF Southern California
Buoy - 27
OWC - 18
RLC - 21
TCC Non-spin 1.076 Very competitive in local racing. Won first place TWICE in San Francisco Big Boat Series.
Spars & Rigging
- Auto-claved carbon fiber mast, runnerless with double spreaders, mainsail track
- aluminum boom, with 12:1 outhaul purchase system, two reef line sheaves, internal mainsheet anchoring point and forward articulated blocks to deck.
- Pre-molded mast wedge system, and adjustable mast step.
- Discontinuous rod rigging (Nitronic 50).
- Remote panel hydraulic backstay adjuster with panel installed on forward face of pedestal.
- SS hydraulic panel guard.
- Jib furling system with integrated furler drum into the deck.
- Retractable carbon bowsprit controlled from cockpit with watertight containment
- Adjustable jib car lines.
Other Boats from Denison Yachting
Dana Point, CA, United States
Newport Beach, CA, United States
Long Beach, CA, United States