2007 Custom FD12
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 189,000
The word “Custom” in boat building could mean many a different things, for not all custom designed and built boats are the same. We have one off custom designs built in Finland or the Netherlands that cost more than one could ever imagine looking at this Listing. Then we have the other side of equation, which is some backyard project with some welder with some left- over metal and a torch. And then we have something in between the two.
Eos, as she’s called is a Eva Hollman designed spin off of the incredibly powerful and extremely sea kindly Flying Dutchman, better known in sailing circles as the FD-12. If any of you sailors staring at this listing doesn’t know what a FD-12 is, is that she was one beautiful design, with her high sharp powerful bow, a beautiful sheer-line, and rounded rear end. Her deck was flush all the way to a trunk cabin and with deep offshore cockpit. She was a true cutter rig. There was a FD-12 that made the headlines in many a sailing magazines years ago, before we were graced with absolute bull with “boat of the year” stuff. It just goes to show one what money in advertising can buy.
This “famous” ( she had a dark blue hull) FD-12 sailed out of New England many a times to points North and South where one can clip off ice cubes from glaciers and icebergs. The design is proven, the build speaks for itself and if one has the skill, nerve and desire; this modified improved design is going to do the job that’s asked of her.
Eos, has seen very little action in a life so far. She yearns for the open ocean as a race horse yearns for a long finish straight away. The build is rock solid. The design is proven. The care and love that she has received throughout her years makes her young at heart. Seasoned sailors that own her need to move on to greener pastures. They need the boat sold now.
Eos has been modified to make her even better, all under the watchful eye of her Designer. If done right, which it was, it only got better.
Eos has all the equipment that one could ever need and want. She is over built in every which way, has all of the creature comforts, cruising equipment and safety equipment one could want and or desire, and she sits waiting for her next lover.
A walk-thru from bow to stern is as follows. Watertight sail storage area forward closed off by an actual submarine watertight door. Then aft of that is a full beam to beam workshop that anyone would give anything for to have it. Aft still farther is the full beam to beam saloon offering comfortable seating port and starboard. Storage is everywhere. Then to port is a very comfortable. and functional dining/office/ships navigation area. This area serves many proposes and makes much sense. Hand holds are hidden and incorporated in places that make sense. Opposite is the real U-shaped galley where one could cook and function and stay in place during any and everything. Engine access in centerline under the galley centerline counters. Aft of the galley, still on starboard is the huge bathroom with a walk-in shower stall. Aft is the full beam master stateroom. The port aft of the dining and ships office, is the upper and lower berths where one can feel space and see light. It’s not a cave in any which way.
Eos isn’t for every and or anyone. She’s for the skilled mechanical sensible sailors that have the balls to just do it, instead of just dreaming and talking about it.
This Listing Broker has been fortunate to have owned and sailed many high end sailing vessel afar. Eos is up to each and every one of these at a lot less money. If interested, call me to discuss, for many a videos and much data is available to serious Buyers.
Equipment REALLY Worth Mentioning:
- Both Headsails on Furlex Furlers
- Mainsail Schaefer Gama Roller Furling Boom
- Maxwell Electric Windlass
- Major serious ground tackle
- Electric primary and Mainsail electric self tailing winches
- AB aluminum dinghy with Yamaha outboard
- Full sun shade cover
- Top of the line Furuno and Maritron electronics
- Iridium Satphone
- Air conditioning and Heat throughout interior
- Glacier Bay Refrigerator and Freezer, 12v
- HRO watermaker
- And the list is very long
Eos Basic Hull Design and Construction:
Eva Hollman laid up a one-off reverse transom version of her Flying Dutchman (FD-12) cutter in her yard in Costa-Mesa CA. She began by re-lofting her canoe sterned FD-12 hull plans into a reverse transom FD-12 hull. She then built a male plug from these lines and applied C- Flex over the plug. She then laid up multiple biaxial glass and mat layers over the C-Flex using vinylester resin. Wide Kevlar X oriented bands were then glassed in just ahead and just behind the keel. The hull was turned right side up and glass was applied to the inside of the C-Flex. Then a complete set of ribs and stringers were glassed in. The deck was glassed to the hull using a triangular belt line joint of Eva’s own design and the inside of the hull was coated with fire retardant vinylester resin. The special deck to hull joint, the 14,500 lb. External lead ballast shoe, the robust solid glass hull, and the fore and aft watertight compartments were all done to satisfy the first owner who was very safety conscious. When Eva designed our rig she used the same philosophy. She said that she didn’t approve of a rig design that might be damaged if the boat was rolled over. That about explains her philosophy for the entire boat.
The hull was completed in 7/83 by Eva Hollmann, naval architect at her boat yard in California. In 6/87 the uncompleted yacht was sold by Harvey Berger to William Smith.
No additional work was done on the yacht and we, subsequently, purchased the still uncompleted yacht in 10/90 from William Smith.
Since that time we extended the stern to accommodate external propane storage and base for a stern arch thus extending her overall length on deck from the original 50 feet to 51 feet 8 inches and completed her interior.
In 9/2006 we received a Watercraft Certificate of Title from the State of Minnesota. She also an has USCG registration.
The boat was launched 9/2007 at Barker’s Island Marina in Superior, WI (twin port of Duluth, MN). More work was completed and we set sail 7/2009. Then as full-time cruisers we took her through the Great Lakes, down the St. Lawrence River, out the Gulf of St. Lawrence and down the East Coast arriving in Brunswick, GA 1/2010. Since that time she has been in the southeast US and the Bahamas. She has spent every hurricane season at Brunswick Landing Marina in Brunswick, GA with no damage.
In late November 2018 while at Brunswick she sustained a mild lightning strike that did not cause structural, rigging, hull or engine damage. Several but not all electronic devices were affected. All damaged devices and/or systems have been replaced.
David Walters Yachts, RogueWave Division located in Annapolis MD is your choice for bluewater boats! Buying or Selling... Reach Bernie Jakits at 443-742-1792 or email@example.com Licenced and Bonded in Maryland, Florida & California
Reach Bernie Jakits and the RogueWave Division at 443-742-1792 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RogueWave Yacht Sales has merged with David Walters Yachts! The RogueWave Division in Annapolis MD remains Your Choice for Blue Water Boats. Annapolis MD is the best place in the world to buy or sell a boat! We take great pride in helping our clients get into the right boat! Call us to discuss your sailing vision! We are always interested in marketing your high quality blue water capable boat!
Email Bernie@davidwaltersyachts.com or call anytime, 443-742-1792.
Please contact Bernie Jakits at 1-443-742-1792
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Eva Hollmann
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 59 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 5 in
LWL: 42 ft 5 in
Length on Deck: 51 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 50000 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 14400 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 68 ft 1 in
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 76 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Year Built: 1993
Engine Model: 4B 3.9M
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1061
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 76 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 1500 RPM
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (130 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (198 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (35 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 2
Number of heads: 1
Total Liferaft Capacity: 4
This Custom 59 (LOA) foot ocean going cruiser is based on the FD 12 and yet it bears little similarity. It is however a unique custom vessel built for a couple to live aboard and cruise the world. This is a roomy two stateroom vessel with a large head and stall shower. Starting forward in the forepeak is a very large storage area with access to the chain locker in the bow and a watertight bulkhead and watertight door. Next aft is a brilliant workshop that is about five feet wide and 4.5 feet long. There are two large workbenches and considerable storage. This is a real workshop complete with a drill press, banc saw, large vice, and an overhead opening hatch. It’s an amazing space and offers many possibilties for a talented sailor to even support their sailing habit.
Next aft, the main salon is spacious with two settees, one is L-shaped and the other straight. There is storage everywhere with cabinets outboard, behind and under the settees. There are thirteen cabinets in all, plus bins behind and beneath the settees. There is more storage under the cabin sole. The space is well ventilated with three large hatches and six port lights. The salon head room is 6’3” to 6’9” and accommodates six to nine people quite easily. The “Sahara” (beige) UntraSuade upholstery on the settees is in excellent condition and the settees are supported with the trampoline type netting which makes them very comfy. The whole interior of the vessel from the salon aft to the galley and dinette is open so it feels spacious and bright. The lighting from the hatches, port lights, and interior reading and low amp LEDs as well is wonderful. Throughout the vessel there is very good lighting designed carefully for the use of the space. All the lighting is designed for low amp efficiency. The Formica panels on the bulkhead and cabinets are complemented with oiled mahogany trim. The port light hull windows have shelves under them which adds to the ambiance. The cabin sole is a combination of removable Armstrong Cushion Step Vinyl in the Salon and Lonseal IMO Lonmarine mahogany wood flooring.
The galley is a perfect sea going galley that is safe and secure underway. It is well appointed with all the conveniences with refrigerator, freezer, stove, double deep sink and ample storage in twelve cabinets and four drawers; two large and two smaller drawers. There is a deck prism for increased light and ambiance and it is well ventilated with an opening port and overhead hatch. Adjacent the galley is a dining booth and also the navigation station. The dinette seats four in comfort. The table easily accommodates an Imray ocean chart. There are removable fiddles for the table. Two prisms provide light and there is a port light and a very large overhead hatch. Outboard the ships nav instruments are mounted for easy viewing. Next aft is the guest stateroom with the berths offset so that the lower berth head end is not below the upper berth. It just makes it more comfortable. There are storage bins, four, and a hanging locker. There is storage under the lower berth as well. The mattresses are supported by strong trampoline type netting which provides for air circulation. There is ventilation with two opening ports and one large hatch.
The head is next aft and aft of the galley at the base of the companionway for easy access. It is large, 5’ by 5’ with the toilet mounted fore and aft. There is a deep sink and vanity. The stall shower is large with a teak seat and shower door. There are two large hatches and two opening ports for great ventilation.
The companionway is designed with safety in mind and is wide with treads for safety and hand rails for security. There’s storage behind the companionway stairs.
The aft cabin is the owners stateroom. It is about nine feet square with four cabinets, a hanging locker, two seat benches and the spacious queen berth and five feet of bookshelf!. There are two watertight hatches through which you can access the mechanicals space. This steerage space houses the mechanical equipment and steering gear. All floors are secured but removable. There are 20 bins under the floors with lockable access lids.
The boat is delightfully romantic with a light and bright feeling..
Creature Comforts and Entertainment:
- Many beautiful custom features all perfectly integrated
- Well thought out ventilation
- Nine opening ports
- Seven large overhead hatches
- Eleven Hella fans (two speed turbo)
- Air-conditioning system for the aft stateroom and main system for the forward areas.
- Espar diesel heat
- Flat screen TV
- Laptop hook up for navigation
- Nice low amp lighting
- Wifi booster
- Large center cockpit with dodger, bimini and connector
- Teak cockpit table
- Stall shower
- Owners aft stateroom
- Mechanicals space
- Forepeak storage is amazing
Galley & Plumbing
The galley is original but in like new condition. It is really nice with everything you need and want.
- Secure off shore galley with nice space, light, and air
- Glacier Bay Mark II 12v refrigeration system
- Locking top opening
- Separate freezer top opening
- Broadwater propane stove with two burners, oven and broiler
- Double Americast Beige sinks
- Hot and cold pressure water with mixing faucet
- Propane hot water on demand – Precision Temp tank less showermate
- Filtered water system
- Manual hand pump for fresh water
- Formica countertops with high fiddles and a large amount of counter space
- Grab rail
- Trash bin
- Spice storage
- Flatware drawer
- Custom dish storage
- Dishes convey
- Liquor storage is in the saloon.
Propane for galley stove and hot water
- Port and Starboard stern lazarettes.
- Properly vented with solenoid
- Two 20lb tanks to run the stove and water heater.
- Water maker – HRO Safari Horizon Escape 200 gallons a day
- 130 gallons of water in three plastic tanks
- Clean out ports are transparent.
- Two deck fills on the port side.
- Maritron tank gauges
- One head with stall shower
- Sink with vanity and separate stall shower
- Full size Raritan electric marine toilet
- Hoses for head maintained with SewClean from Trac Technology
- Diverter valve for direct overboard
- Holding tank is Sealand Tough Polypropylene
- Holding tank is 35 gallons with deck pump out on the starboard side
- Gobius tank gauge
- Overboard pump out offshore
- Pressure water pump
- Hot water heater is tank less propane system
Electronics & Navigation
Grand navigation station is the large booth style dinette. The beauty of this is that the table has fiddles and easily accommodates an ocean chart. There is chart storage behind the seat backs, and there is a tube rack in the aft stateroom book shelf. This area is the navigation station and the ships office. All the ships navigation and communication instrumentation are installed here.
- Furuno 4KW 24” radar is mounted on Questes self leveling mount on the arch
- Radar display in the cockpit, and on PC with MaxSea Time Zero TZ SW
- Chart plotter is Furuno Navnet TZ 9” MFD and MaxSea Time Zero SW installable on linked PC, new in 2019, with ownership and support transferred to the new owner.
- AIS integrated with radar and chart plotter
- Additional GPS Maretron 100 new in 2019
- Maretron DST 100 depth, speed, and temp transducer new in 2019
- Interphase ISCAN Forward Looking Sonar
- Airmar Ultrasonic Weather Station interfaced to Maretron DMS 410 repeater displays in the cockpit and nav station
- Maretron SSC300 Solid State gyro compass (new in 2019) Rated binnacle compass 4.5" Danforth.
- Hand held compass
- Windex on the masthead
- Heeling indicator
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio w/ DSC and full function cockpit mic
- ICOM 802 Single Side Band Radio with auto tuners AT-140
- Gam McKim backstay antenna and copper strap ground to external plate.
- Iridium 950A satellite phone
- Alpha Marine 3000 Gen X autopilot controller replaced 2019 with powerful RAM drive
- Maritron DSM 410s display UTC and local time
- Airmar Ultrasonic Weather Station with barometer interfaced to Maretron DMS 410s (new in 2019).
Systems: Mechanical & Electrical Systems
Large engine room located on the centerline beneath the salon galley island with removable panels for great access. The cabinet can also be removed or suspended from above allowing complete access to the engine.
- Cummins 4B 3.9M 76 HP (continuous 2500 RPM)
- Engine year is 1993 with only 1061 hours on it
- Fuel capacity is 198 gallons and burns about 2 gallons per hour
- Cruising range is about 600km
- Cruises at 6.5 knots at 1500 to 1800 rpms with max speed of 7.5 knots
- Straight direct drive shaft 1 and ¼ inch
- Evolution Shaft seal adapted to Sunstrand system (instead of traditional stuffing box)
- Auto Prop 500 mm three blade with reversible variable pitch
- Dual Racor fuel filters with easy access
- Two Vetus sea water strainers
- Amsoil Diesel Marine Oil always used
- Spares for Cummins and for Kubota diesel engine: shut off valve, gaskets, filters, water pump, serpentine belt, Cummins spare starter
- Steering system is rack and pinion with a push rod linkage.
- Emergency tiller
- Mermaid AC systems – two separate systems.
Electrical system includes charging through shore power, or the main engine, or the Kubota. There are identical Eaton hydraulic diesel pumps on the Cummins and the Kubota diesels. Either pump can be used to power the Eaton hydraulic motor that powers the P-Max alternator. The alternator is managed by an ARS-5 Balmar regulator which has a battery heat sensor and charges the house battery bank
DC 12v Electrical System
- House bank has 679 Amp Hours
- Seavolt gel batteries (seven) new in 2014 – individually tied down in vented space
- Separate start battery for Cummins – Spiral Cell battery
- Alternator is Hamilton Ferris 150 amp
- Balmar ARS-5 regulator
- Xantex battery monitoring system
- DC electrical breaker panel
- 12 Volt Systems:
- Nav lights new port and starboard deck level nav lights
- Tri-color masthead navigation and anchor light with LED bulbs
- Strobe light
- Anchor light LED bulb
- Stern light
- Steaming light
- Deck Lights on spreader
- two forward spot lights on the arch
- 12 Volt outlets – there is one dual 12v outlets at the dining/nav station
- Cabin lights - White quartz halogen light bars and red LED rope light Port & starboard near overhead in saloon, white quartz halogen light bar in workroom, red rope light in work room and forepeak, 13 LED task lights, 1 quartz halogen task light, 4 fluorescent task lights, 12 LED dome lights
- 12v Refrigeration compressor (new 2020)
- Electric bilge pumps – Two Rule automatic 4000 GPH pumps installed one higher than the other
- Electric winches
- Electric windlass
- Shower sump pump
- Deck wash down pump
- Fresh water pressure pump
- Emergency manual pump in cockpit locker hose is run from bilge to cockpit but the stored pumps not installed.
- Electrical spares including spare hydraulic pump for charging system and 4.5 gallons plus 13 qts of Amsoil diesel
AC 110v Shore Power System:
- 120v 350 amp connection
- 50 amp to 30 amp pig tail connection
- 50 ft. Smartplug plus two 50’ Marinco shore power cord extensions
- Magnum Sine Inverter Charger model MS200
- Inverter is 2000 watts
- Galvanic Isolator
- AC breaker panel has master on-off breaker. There is a handheld reverses polarity indicator.
- 110 v outlets twelve double outlets
- Air conditioning systems – Mermaid 16,500 BTU and 5200 BTU compressors, one in the aft stateroom, one in salon
Rig and Sails Inventory
- Cutter rig with Schaefer in-boom furling mainsail and UK Tape drive furling headsails
- Mast height is 68 ft
- Keel stepped mast
- Leisurefurl – in boom furling system
- Bridge clearance specs say 64’
- Double spreader rig
- Mast painted in 2019
- Standing rigging 1/19 ss wire rigging inspected Spring 2019
- Stayloc fittings
- Chain plates inspected in 2019
- Running back stays for use in heavy weather
- Furling mainsail in boom with Schaefer roller furler and boom vang
- Line stopper on the cabin house to manage mainsail outhaul and furling line
- Boom end sheeting to traveler with 4:1 tackle
- Garhauer #MT-UB 3 traveler controlled in the cockpit
- Genoa tracks full length toe rail tracks port and starboard with Garhauer movable blocks.
- Staysail self tacking sheet car on athwartship stainless steel rail.
- Downwind pole mast mounted with the pole lift control line led to the cockpit
- Mainsail raised in the cockpit with electric winch
- All control lines led to the cockpit
- Reefing from the cockpit for all sails.
- Line stoppers on the mast
- Four electric winches and array of line stoppers for all applications
- Primary sheet winches on the combing two Barient 36 STE 12v, ¾ HP
- Secondary winches for staysail on the coach roof Harken 46.2 STE
- Electric Cabin house winch to manage in boom furling
- Mainsheet can be led to electric winch on the cabin house if necessary
- Cabin top winch Harken 46 two speed
- Headsail furling line winches – two Harken radial model 46.2STE
- Good winch care and condition
- Total sail area 1655.49 sq ft
- Mainsail is a full batten in-boom UK Tape Drive Spectra Batmain 499.49 sq ft furling mainsail
- UK Tape Drive Spectra furling headsail 130% 926.25 sq ft
- Staysail furling UK Tape drive Spectra
Hull Construction and Design Features
- Solid fiberglass hull hand laid by Eva Hollmann, Naval Architect
- Full keel with fore and aft “Brewer bites” for reduced wetted surface and better performance (cutaway forefoot)
- Raked bow with sugar scooped transom and swim platform
- Skeg mounted rudder
- Lead keel 14,400 lbs ballast
- Keel bolts – Ten CDA 954 Aluminum Bronze
- Displacement 49,000 lbs
- Hull to deck flange fiberglassed solid joint
- Barrier coat – Interprotect
- Raised water line for cruising load
- Teak toe rail
- Marlon thru hulls
- Topsides painted in 2014 Alexseal Moondust
- New bottom SeaHawk Biocop with booster – two coats June 2019
- Grounded in 2010 – repaired by Shumway Marine, Rochester NY in winter of 2010
- Fiberglass sandwich with structural foam core
- Teak decking overlay in average to good condition
- Kiwi grip nonskid professional painted in 2018
- Deck prisms rebedded
- Cabin house is painted – good condition
- Bow pulpit
- Stanchions 36 inches high with double Amsteel life lines
- Port and starboard boarding gates amidships
- Boarding ladder SS and starboard attaches to toe rail on either side
- Stern rail integrated with radar arch
- Deck hatches – seven Goiot SS two way opening 19.7” square
- Two sliding hatches – Goiot SS 28.3” by 28.3” SS
- All hatches have screens
- Six dorades with fiberglass baffle boxes
- Nine Vetus opening port lights with screens
- Eight Vetus hull windows
- Exterior trim is teak – bare and clean
- Bow, stern and midship cleats
- Motor mount on the stern rail
- Stern arch with Questes leverler for Radome
- Shade tree sun awnings – two sections making one
- Center cockpit rectangular with great seating for five-six people
- Narrow enough to brace while seated
- Lee clothes in the cockpit with see thru upper sections.
- Mesh line bags
- Flat coamings you can sit on
- Great winch placement for single hand sailing
- Mini dodger over companionway
- Stratoglass for visibility
- Bimini over aft section of cockpit
- Helmsman cushion seat
- Binnacle/pedestal with steer steering and nav pod
- All navigation displays in the cockpit
- Sailing instruments, radar, and plotter and Maretron sailing instrument displays
- Large steering wheel – Whitlock 40” SS Destroyer with 8 spokes
- Winch placement is good
- Engine instrument panel
- Danforth compass binnacle mounted
- Two large cockpit drains
- Teak cockpit table stows on the pedestal
- Cockpit cubbies port and starboard
- 3 opening ports from cockpit to aft cabin
- Propane lockers in aft lazarettes
- Double bow rollers
- Maxwell VWC 3500 vertical electric windlass with straight drop into chain locker
- Deck wash down system hose for anchor wash down
- SuperMax 68lb with HT Acco chain 400’ 3/8”
- Secondary anchor Bulwagga 68lb anchor with 600’ Megabraid rode with a breaking strength of 15,000 lbs
- Stern anchor 66lb Bruce stowed in stern anchor well
- AB Lamina 9A, 9’2” dinghy
- Serial No XMO57028G111
- Stows on chocks on foredeck
- Yamaha 9.9 hp two stroke outboard
- Lifting crane
- Motor mount on transom stern rail
- Dinghy anchor and rode
- Shoreside chain for locking
- HawkEye hand held depth and temp sounder
- Up-N-Out ladder
- Ding-EZ foldable dock access aid
Additional and Safety Specifications & Items
- Winslow Ultralight Offshore 4 person Life raft (inspected in 2015)
- Life raft stows at base of companionway
- Ditch ban Attwood 2’ dry bag foldable plastic bucket with handle with supplies, handheld Garmin GPS, hand held compass
- Throwable flotation , Throwraft TDer01
- EPIRB McMurdo G5 Smartfind plus 406 GPS expires 9/20/202
PFDs: Two adult inflatable (3 re-arming kits), 2 adult life preservers, one child preserver, 2 harnesses with lanyard, 4 standard quick release bungee lanyards, 2 double heavy duty quick release bungee lanyards, 2 standard quick release lanyards
- Flares:7 Red Parachute Signal Rockets, 6 hand held flares, 4 floating smoke cans, orange distress flag, orange, distress ocean streamer, Weems & Plath Night Visual SOS, Olin Flare gun (8 expired cartridges) Note: All flares, rockets, smoke cans and gun cartridges are out of date.
- Fire extinguishers ): 3 Halotron ABC ( galley, guest quarters, captain’s stateroom) 1 Halotron BC in work room, all charged and current as of 3/2020
- Fire blanket
- Automatic fog horn
- CO detector
- High water bilge alarm
- MARPOLE garbage placard
- No Discharge placard
- Jack lines
- Lee cloths for sea berths
- GFCI protection for AC outlets
- Emergency tiller
- Large Tri-Lens Radar Reflector at upper spreader
- Adventure Medical Kits Marine 3000 Medical Kit with outdated drugs removed
- SPARES: 2 Antal sheet stoppers, Shaefer block w lg becketblock for main sheet, deck seaming equipment (electrically heated rod with U shaped end attachment designed with correct width and depth to strip caulking from deck seams in long strips), as well as many other spares (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, rigging, etc
Eos Propulsion System
1. Start and warm up engine in neutral
2. Set working rpm to 1200-1500 with pull knob on lower left of instrument pod
3. Push control lever on the pedestal forward for forward and aft for reverse. The more forward or aft the faster the prop RPM. (Vertical position is neutral.)
1. System is as effective in reverse as in forward; as opposed to boats that are not as effective in reverse.
2. It is unnecessary to adjust engine RPM once it is set.
3. As with any large skeg hung rudder regardless of the propulsion, high speed in reverse will exert strong force on the rudder.
4. Standard minimal maintenance required.
1. Cummins 4B 3.9-M engine – 76 hp
2. Sunstrand Hydrostatic transmission
3. Evolution shaft system
4. Auto-prop automatically self-pitching feathering propeller that maintains maximum efficiency at all times.
5. Whitlock King Cobra rack and pinion direct drive steering. No cable or chain on pulleys
6. Alpha 3000 Gen X auto pilot and compass
Owner Boat Data & Statistics Documentation
Boat Data & Statistics Documentation:
Hull – Paint Top: Paint cabin: Alexseal moondust (see repaint hull 10/2014). Keel and Ballast:
Sea Hawk BioCop – 2 coats 7/2019 Eva's materials – lay-up resin=Dow Durakane 411-45. Water tight bulkheads (fore & aft)=DB-170 biaxial cloth inside coated with fire retardant alpresin=DOW Durakane 510-A. Bill's materials -lay-up resin=Hetron 922 vinyl ester. Fabric=Advanced textiles type 1708. Interior bulkheads are structural foam core. Outside of hull and cabin coated with Zspar U-107 undercoater. Insulation - 2 part pour foam #510 density = 2 lbs./sq. FT. against hull.
Repaint of Hull 10/2014 : Alex Seal: P2094G2 Fairing Compound P3002G Fine Filler Spray- High Build P4420G White Finishing Primer T1158G Moon Dust
Robbie at Martech did painting 904-465-2346
- Transom Addition – Style 281 6” kevlar tape (used in addition and arch).
- Propane Lockers & Tanks - Hatches - Hinge 2” X .075” X .250” X 72” STSNH 1.00 JT - Gulden #SS08080708; Tanks – 20 lb. 4.7 gal Worthington LP tanks. Type 1 valve and
- Regulator – Marshal Controls Model 290.
- Ports – Screens - Vetus HOR73, Dead lights - Vetus PG93AB Type PG93 Anodized Aluminum/Smoke Acrylic; Port lights Vetus PZ73AB Type PZ73 340 x 160MM Aluminum opening, anodized aluminum. Screens – white No-see-um mesh from MosquitoCurtains.com
Prisms - Simpson Lawrence – replaced 3/09 by ones made in Duluth, MN.
Canvas – Cockpit lee cloths: Sunbrella parchment, Regalite Clear Window Vinyl, bags –Textilene beige – Bimini: Stamoid (top of the line) Sand. – Dodger: Makrolon polycarbonate Shade Tree awnings. Forward awning, model 130. Aft awning, model 250
- Special - 190" long X 180" wide tapering to 140" No slit; Special - 156" long X 156" wide tapering to 86", 45" Slit with snaps and Velcro, add’l line from McMaster-Carr Nylon covered elastic cord 1/8”
Transmission - Hydraulic (Hydrostatic) Pump - Sunstrand 90R055MAIN6S3S1 C03NNN292924. Motor - Sunstrand 90M055NC0N7N0S1W00NNN000024. Suction - 1”mNPT to 8” fNPT #0102-16-8SS; 1/2” mNPT to 3/8”mJIC 90 degree #2103-8-6SS; 3/8”mORB to 3/8”mJIC 90 degree #2503-6-6SS. 3/8” hydraulic hose 1 wire #421-6. 3/8” reusable hose end #20642-6-6SS. Case Drain & Cooler - 3/4”mORB to 1/2”mJIC 90 degree #2503-12-8SS; 1/2” reusable hose end #20642-8-8SS; 1/2” hydraulic hose 1 wire #421-8; 1/2” mJIC to 1/2”fJIC 90 degree #3903-8-8SS; 3/4”mNPT to 3/4”mJIC to 3/4” mJIC #013T-12SS; 3/4”fJIC to 1/2”mJIC #0603-12-8SS; 1 1/2” mORB to 3/4” fNPT #6405-24-12SS. Working Ports - 1” hydraulic hose 4 wire #16CE; 1” code 62 flange 90 degree 16FH9B; 1” code 62 flange straight #16FHB; 1” code 62 flange kit # HFHFHK-20. Hydraulic Fluid – Amsoil # ATHQT-EA. Hydraulic cooling – ITT Standard SS Oil Cooler (McMaster # 35185K55) Model SSCF Part # SN5160050
- Shaft Assembly - The Evolution Co. 4’ tunnel containing 1 1/4’ Type 22 SS shaft, thrust bearings, seals, bushing, needle bearing - forward adapted to hydraulic motor. Spine coupler Baldwin Supply Company 03-32-0029. Prop shaft donut Zincs Boatzincs.com/beneteau-donut-collor-specs Type BD-30 (5/8 fits OK)
Propeller - Auto-Prop – Serial # AP2294RH - 500 mm (19.7”) diameter, Max Shaft RPM 2346, Shaft HP 26, H6 hub configuration, gear ratio 1.5:1. Blade Id #AP2294 (3 Blades). Propeller Zinc from Auto Prop then www.Boatzincs.com is H-6 Autoprop, Zinc Anode (H-6)
Prop Shaft - Size 1.25” diam. motor end 14 tooth, 12/24 pitch, 1.2258 major diameter spline, propeller end US standard taper.
Ballast - Attach Bolts – 1 ½” rods cut to length, faced and fine threaded CDA 954 Aluminum Bronze (Special Parts, Inc.), 2 3/8” Hex nuts CDA 954 Aluminum Bronze , 3” diameter washers CDA 954 Aluminum Bronze.
Lead Ballast - Custom 14500 lbs. poured (TCSR, Inc.), 423 lbs. lead removed by planning + 241 lbs. Bolts, nuts & washers, Ballast weight = 14318 lbs + (GRP fairing=82 lbs.) Total Ballast Weight = 14400 lbs.
Deck - Teak Caulk - Detco DT/CA/GS1-302 GA (Tubes DT/CT/DPA) (Mixer DT/MXL/HS 10). Teak Wood Primer - Detco DT/CA/GS-2703 QT. Deck Caulk Removal Hot Knife (Boat/U.S. 1275 w/#3 blade). Non-skid - TBS 5/64” Sand , Viscom International 14-10216-04, adhered with West epoxy. All non-skid patches resurfaced in 2018 with KIWI Grip. Teak treated with One Time, golden honey, UV cure, 7 year treatment Jan. 2014.
- Wood Cap Rails - Rails bedded to hull with Dofinite (Eva). Track bedded with Boat Life. Re-bedded holes with Boat Life 1036 caulk. Treated with One Time, golden honey, UV cure, 7 year treatment Jan. 2014.
- Life Line Stanchions - 304 s.s. custom bases from our drawing with double set screws. 36” tapered stanchions 1” 304 s.s. tube. Stanchion Gate Tapered 36” Style B T304 Tops-In-Quality. Stanchions 1” X 36’ FLH stanchion T304 Tops-In-Quality (custom bases)
- Jack Lines – 5 mm Vectran V-12 line, 2@35’
- Life Lines – 5mm STS-HSR Dyneema single braid - BS 9,300 lbs. - anti-chafe collars for ShadeTree: 2”x 20mil UHMW with high bond adhesive - replaced life lines and jacklines Dec 2016 – jack lines:V-12 vectran 5 mm line
- Hawse Pipes – 2 custom SS.
Cummins Diesel - serial # 44791474; ID # 812-377-6879. Made 9/20/92; purchased 11/19/92. Total cost: $6148. model 4B3.9-M engine with FH-9001 flywheel housing. flywheel housing adapter #600-144753-1. drive plate & hub #600-348272-1. Rotates counter clockwise viewed from the fly wheel end, e.g., pump rotates clockwise.
Specification: 76 BHP @ 2500 RPM (medium continuous rating). Torque = 159 ft./lbs.
17:1 Compression ratio. Displacement = 239 cubic inches. Idle speed = 700 RPM/900 RPM. Firing order = 1, 3, 4, 2. Dry weight = 910 LBS. Fuel delivered to engine = 8 Gal./ Hr. Fuel burned at rated output = 3.5 to 4 Gal./ Hr. Ingested air = 140 CF/Min.
Exhaust produced = 400 CF/ Min. Internal coolant flow = 55 Gal./ Min. Raw water coolant flow = 23 Gal./ Min. Rotation = Clockwise (when viewed from front of engine). Counterclockwise (viewed from flywheel end). Wiring diagram = # 3920281. Engine painted with Cummins Marine Gray # 3375379.
Information on Fuel Injection Pump Data Plate
# D3042F201 # 21920/00HK # 53D800-3-2725 Cummins # 3908646
Sen-Dure heat exchanger model # 9445-1-7. Front engine case & support = Cummins engine support option # EM9049, (part number front # 3914656). (Cummins Great Lakes part crankshaft adapter #AG-3001 and Drive Coupling #AG-202349). Rear of engine hydraulic pump adapter # 600-144753-1. Drive plate from Gear Products, Inc. Tulsa, OK 1-918-234-3044. Gear Prod. Part # 600-3482 72-1.(spline socket = SAE “B”, .875 Major Diam., 13 tooth, 16/32). Front vibration isolator = Barrie Controls # 22003-13. Rear vibration isolators (2) = Barrie Controls # 22003-11. Cummins raw water rebuild Kit # 3908220.
Hot exhaust = Black Steel 3” pipe (sandblasted & painted with hi-temp Insl-X Silicone Coating Zinc Dust Med Gray HR 2413 500-122 F. paint) then wrapped with aluminized Silica blanket material – Durablanket, 2300F. (Smith –Sharpe), hardened with Rigidizer fluid (Smith-Sharpe) & covered with type 304 SS wire cloth 6 X6 mesh., .028”. Bellows = Vetus #EXPST 3 ½” s.s. bellows diameter.
Cooled exhaust = Custom designed type 316 S. Steel spray head assy., Vetus # LSG90 (90MM = 3 1/2”) plastic water lift muffler, Vetus #SLAG90 & Trident #252 exhaust hose, Centek # 1100503-10 exhaust tubing, Vetus plastic gooseneck #LT90, & Vetus # TC090 transom exhaust. Exhaust transom connection- Vetus 90 MM TC090
Filters & Zincs - Fuel filter on engine = Cummins (2 micron) # 3907024. Oil filter on engine = Cummins # 3907002 or Amsoil # SDF oil filter or FleetGaurd 3805 orFram PH300 WearGuard. Raw water filters = (2) Vetus #CONN 330 1 ½” filters. Air filter = Cummins # 3910559 filter. Zinc =Cummins B engines Cummins part # 68241, Boatzincs.com Type E-2 (5/8” X 2” - 1/2” NPT)
Fluids - Anti-freeze = Texaco Havaland extended service (orange) anti-freeze 50/50 mix. Engine oil = Amsoil 15W-40 HD diesel marine oil (10 quarts).
NOTE: Transmission oil cooler on engine (used to cool the case drain oil from the hydraulic transmission) = Sen-Dure # 10261-1-7, Cummins # 3915159.
Series 381 Control parts list # 0591 Serial no. 44791474 Model 4B-3.9-M Valve lash (cold) intake 0.010, Exhaust 0.020 Rated HP 76
Fuel Pump Plate CAV Supplier part no. DPA-U3042F210 Serial no. 21920100HK Pump setting code 53L-800-3-2725
Electrical - 12 volt negative ground system. Run system solenoid on Cummins pull in amperage = 60A. Starter solenoid pull in amperage = 97 A. Starter cranking current draw = 1,117 amperes. Total starting amperage spike = 1,400 amps. Start/run fuse Blue Sea Systems #5136, ANL 400 slow-blow fuse.
Kubota Diesel - Model #Z 482-B-1; Serial # Z 482-404185 ; Purchased 12/30/93; Cost = $2711.00
Specifications: Displacement = 29.23 cubic in. (2 cylinder total). HP = 10.8 (continuous). Torque = 22 ft/lbs @ 2800 rpm. 16 ft/lbs (net continuous). RPM (no load) = 3800. RPM (loaded) = 3600. RPM (idle) = 800. Weight = 117 lbs.
Intake air = 27.4 CFM @ 3600 rpm. Rotation = Clockwise (viewed from the front). Counterclockwise (viewed from flywheel end), e.g., Pump rotates counterclockwise.
Coolant thermostat cracks @ 165 degrees, (fully open @180 degrees). Heel tolerance = 20 degrees, (30 degrees for 10 minutes). Paint = Kubota blue part #70 – 000 – 0097 (spray can).
Raw Water Pump
Make = Oberdorfer #202M. ID. Plate stamp = 202M 15. Cover plate numbered B6597. Output = 9 1/2 gal./min. @3500 rpm. Pump draws ¾ hp. Raw water filter – Vetus Type 330. Repair Kit #11691. Retaining Clips #5373. Tri-State Pump Inc, 5027 Industrial Road, Unit 2, Farmingdale, NJ 07727 732-223-3222
Hydraulic pump housing = BoWex #K-106-42-FLE (with nylon flange), and 3.1 BoWex#M-42 hub. SAE “B”, .875” major diam., 13 tooth 16/32 spline socket.
Custom Heat exchanger (Sen-Dure Products, Inc) = 9 gal./min. two pass unit (dissipates 800 Btu/min.). Water hose - Trident 134 H.D. water 3/4” and 1/2”. Ignition switch = Kubota part #66711-55132. Run solenoid = Kubota 1A-W/1753ES, 12volt, Part # 12E5ULB1S, serial#39672. Start run fuse = Blue Sea Systems, PN: 5131 , ANL250 , Slow Blow 250 AMP fuse. Gages = Murphy gauge. Oil pressure, Water temp.
Vibration isolators = Barrie controls#25453-1 (with #R-18733-1 washers). Throttle Return Spring (Lee Spring Company LE 022C 10 S). Fuel filter (on engine) = Kubota part #19204-43012. Fuel filter element = Kubota part #15231-43560. Fuel Filter assembly - 15353-43010, Replacement part 15393-43017, bolt 8MM X 64 MM 01153-50865, Replacement Part 01150-50865. Air cleaner = Donaldson DuraLite #ECC05-5003.
Exhaust System - Bellows: Vetus #EXPST 1 ½” s.s. bellows. Hot exhaust: Black Steel 1 1/4” pipe (sandblasted & painted with hi-temp Insl-X Silicone Coating Zinc Dust Med Gray HR 2413 500-122 F. paint) then wrapped with aluminized Silica blanket material – Dura blanket, 2300F. (Smith –Sharpe), hardened with Rigidizer fluid (Smith-Sharpe) & covered with type 304 SS wire cloth 6 X6 mesh., .028” diameter.
Water Lift Muffler = Vetus LP40 (40MM = 1 5/8”) WLOCK L40R. Hose = Vetus #SKANG 40 (1 5/8”). Gooseneck = Vetus #LT40 (1 5/8”) WLOCKLT40. Transom exhaust = Vetus #SPDOORV 40 (1 5/8”).
Regulator Part #: RP201-53710 from Northern Power Products, Inc. Eagan, MN 800-284-6247
Charge times: Best charging regime is to charge from 50% to 90% as a bulk charge rather than from 80% to 95%. Upper 10% is slow acceptance charge. Alternator will charge at 58Ah with Kubota throttle set on #3. 2 1/2 hours to charge basically top 20%. Throttle run on #3 for first hour and then #5 for remainder of time.
- Outboard Motor : Yamaha Model 9.9MSH, serial #: 682K-S-1044650 G. 9.9 hp 2 cylinder 2 stroke gas powered marine, alternator output 80W, shaft length 15” WT. 79 lbs. MFG 08/08, gas tank capacity: 12 liters(3 gal.)
- Dinghy : AB inflatable keel model Lamina 9A 2011: Serial # XMO57028G111, length 9’ 2”, beam 4’ 9” ,WT. 79 lbs., MN registration #: MN4957KT (expires 12/31/2020); chain: carbon steel cut-resistant Security Chain, Zinc-plated finish ¼”
- Life raft : Winslow Ultra-Light Offshore Model 40ULO 4 Person, recertified 12/15, River Services, Savannah, GA
- EPIRB : McMurdo G5 SmartFind Plus 406 GPS EPIRB, Category 2 - manual, ID #: 2DCC51EBBEFFBFF, Serial #: 20013791, Battery expiration Sep 2021, operates on 406 MZH and 1215 MHZ
- Fuel system : NOTE: This system feeds both engines and the Espar heater and a Custom designed pump controller from Mobile Marine Electrical Services Inc.
Day Tank - 4 Gal.(15L), type 316 S. Steel, day tank with fuel level controls from Montour Marine Systems, Inc. Fuel pump – Flojet Model 4105-501 Bait Tank Pump Serial # 93468747, 3.3 GPM, 12V DC, 3.5A (7A max) Use 10A fuse. Feed hoses = ¼” Shields series 350 (type 1) fuel hose. Vent/fill hoses = 1 ½” Shields series 350 (type 2) fuel hose. Fuel distribution = bronze ball valves. Pumping time ~ 2 mins. Use 2.5 GPH @ 1500 RPM @7 knots through the water, Gobius G4: 2015-4.0-G4 (fuel monitor)
Fuel tank level sensors = Tanks 1,2,4,5 Maretron TLM 100-01 Tank Level Monitor: tank 1 serial # 1506284 – Feb 2019, tank 2 serial #1506288 – Feb 2019, tank 4 serial # 1506375 – July 2019, tank 5 serial # 1506378 – July 2019
Filters -Fuel filters to day tank = (2) Racor # 220 Spin-On Series Fuel Filter/Water Separators with # R24S (2 micron) filters and (2) Racor # 220 Spin-On Series Fuel Filter/Water Separators with # R24T (10 micron) filters. Max GPH 30, Flow Rate LPH 114. Replacement element = R24 series (R24S and R24T). Fuel Ports NPT ¼”.
Tanks - 14 gauge 316 L. Tanks Total cap = 198 gals (total wt. fuel tanks = 420 lbs, 1868.5 lbs. fuel). Fuel tank tubes - 16 gauge fill pipe. Fuel tank gaskets. Individual tanks - #1 = 31.5 gal (wt. 80 lbs), #2 = 59 gals (wt. 105 lbs.), #3 = 60 gal (wt. 115 lbs.), #4 = 25 gal (wt. 60 lbs), #5 = 22.5 gal (wt. 60 lbs). Check Valves – 8Z-CBL-B Ball valve. Fill Shut off valves (tank 1 & 2) 316 SS female thread 1 ½” ball valves.
Refrigeration - Glacier Bay - Mark 11 - ½ hp 650 rpm motor. Uses HFC-134a refrigerant.3- lb. charge. Refrig. Plate #1 11 X 16“(reefer should run once every 24 hrs). Separately controlled #4 15 X 19 “freezer” (freezer should run once every 20 hrs). Glacier Bay high R value vacuum.Corner mounts $5629.25 plus $3754.76 for panels. Cooler box panels glued together with Plexus 310. Heat Exchanger zincs Boatzincs.com Type E-1 ½” X 2”, . Johnson CM30 12v circulation pump # CM30P7-1, 12V (10-24489-03 DIA 20) ¾” hose spuds. New condenser(8/19) from Parts.com Seabreeze Part# 012-0400 ($374.69)
Diesel heater - ESPAR D5LC Vin # 25186101. Use 25 amp breaker. Pump fuel meter 12v part #25-1729-45-0000
Shore Power Components - Marinco Power Inlet – Round S/S Trim 16a 230V. Smart Plug, 30 A, 115V.
Step-down Transformer - Charles 3/8 KVA IsoGuard Serial # 2002560.
Wire - ANIXTER # 5MF-1201-EPDM, 12 AWG, 65 X 30 stranded, tinned, EPDM insulated wire. ANIXTER # 5MF-1001-EPDM, 10 AWG, 65 X 28 stranded, tinned, EPDM insulated wire. ANIXTER # 5L-0801, 8 AWG, 37 strand, tinned, annealed, Hypalon insulated, Diesel-locomotive. ANIXTER # 5L-0401, 4 AWG, 105 strand, tinned, annealed, Hypalon insulated D.-locomotive. ANIXTER # 5L-1011, 1/0 AWG, 275 strand, tinned, annealed, Hypalon insulated D.-locomotive. ANIXTER # 5L-2021, 2/0 AWG, 325 strand, tinned, annealed, Hypalon insulated D.-locomotive. ANXITER # 5L-3031, 3/0 AWG, 450 strand, tinned, annealed, Hypalon insulated D. locomotive.
ANIXTER # 5L-4041, 4/0 AWG, 550 strand, tinned, annealed, Hypalon insulated D. locomotive. ANCOR Marine grade primary wire, 14-16-18 gauges, type 3 stranded, tinned, 600 V insulated. ANCOR Marine grade 4/0 AWG, type 3 stranded , tinned, battery cable (red & black).
ANCOR # 311XXX & 312XXX, waterproof (adhesive lined), ring terminals.
ANCOR # 309XXX, waterproof (adhesive lined), butt connectors. ANCOR # 2301XX, step-down butt connectors. ANCOR # 2522XX Heavy duty battery lugs, tinned, annealed.
Wire Conduit - WAYTEK # 500, ½” ID, corrugated loom, polyethylene, black, unslit. WAYTEK # 750, ¾” ID, corrugated loom, polyethylene, black, unslit.
Inverter/Charger - MagnumSine , 2KW, continous charge 105 amps, Serial # WJ1-05814, Model# MS2000, mfg: 4Q2018, purchased 11/26/2018
Inverter Specifications - Continuous output power 2000 watts, output current 17 A,
Weight 42 lbs. Length 13.75” x Width 12.65” x Height 7”.
Connected to Magnum Model ME-RC Basic Remote Control
Charger Specifications – Charger output 100 amps, efficiency 85%, transfer relay 30 amps.
Alternator – Hamilton Ferris P-Max 200 externally regulated with bi-directional fan. Weight 28 lbs. Draws 4 HP @ 3000 RPM. Produces 150 amps.
Voltage Regulator – ARS-5 BALMAR regulator with MC-TS-A Temperature Sensor (alternator) and MC-TS-B Temperature Sensor (batteries).
Engine Batteries - Cummins battery = Optima (spiral cell) “blue top”. Kubota battery = uses house battery. Specifications for Optima. Type = D750 U. Charge at 13.8 to 15.0 volts. Float charge at 13.2 to 13.8 volts. Constant voltage charge. Maximum voltage = 15.6 unlimited current until battery reaches 125 degrees F. Charge until charge current drops below 1 amp. Voltage = 12. Marine cranking amps = 750. Power = 9.0 kW. Size = Length 10”, Width 6.8”, Height 7.8”. Weight = 43.8 lbs. Posts = SAE & GM. Group = 34. Battery Charger – Battery MINDer AGM only BM2012-AGM with temp probe
Fuses and Circuit Breakers - House battery fuse = Blue Sea Systems # 5002. Class T fuse holder with T-Tron # JJN-400, 400 amp class T fuse.12 Volt Motor fuses = Blue Sea Systems # 5001. Blue Sea fuse blocks with Blue Seas # 5129 200 amp fuses.
House Batteries – 7 Seavolt West Marine # 8G31DT Gel Batteries. Group 31, 97 AH, 12 V. Total = 679 AHs
Lighting (interior) – Guest (offshore) quarters. Reading lights = 2 Fril. Triton LED reading lights. (1501SNBNLG4TA18WW) with G4 Tower 40 watt bulbs.
- Stove - Propane: Broadwater propane Cutter Style Serial # 733E (purchased 6/96).
- Galley Sink – American Standard Double bowl sink – Americast - cream color -22”x33”
- Galley Faucet – Ambassador Marine, Universal (Pacifica) Pull-Out Galley Faucet, Chrome Model No. 132-0003-CP. www.ambassadormarine.com ,800-270-4262
- Water System - Water maker – HRO Seafari Horizon Escape Watermaker - serial 3 SEM060362478A. 7/03200gal/day - Water Tanks - 3 High Density Polyethylene Seeley Plastics. Tank # 1 52.0 &18.5 gal = 70.5, Tank #2 50 gal. Total Vol. 130 gal. Vents Perko 503DP4CHR Gas-tank-vent. Tank Monitors Maretron TLM 11-01, Tank #1 Serial # 1505419, Tank #2 Serial # 1505385 Fill Hose - Shield 148-1126 Series 148 Heavy-Duty Vinyl Hose 1/1/2”. Deck fill - Scandia #6124-00 Blue. Water Hoses - Shield #162-0126 Vinyl Hot water 1/2”. Shield #162-1006 Vinyl Hot water 1”. Water Heater - Precision Temp Model Power Mate Serial # 02 09 1778. Pressure Water ShurFlo Aqua King II Premium 4.0 GPM model # 4148-153-E75 Filler Hose FilteMr – Sediment trap Rusco-1-250ST-F (WaterFilters.Net). RV Fresh Water Filter – Tier1-OR-38 with Pentek 158110 Clear filter housing, uses C2 Pentek filter cartridge. Mounted with 244047 bracket.
Head - White Raritan Marine Elegance (house bowl) Model 231HR01200 Serial # 001255 1012 Sea Water & Remote pump. Hose Shield #101-1120 No-Odor Super Head Hose 11/2” Water intake: Shield 162-0126 Series 162 Polyester Reinforced Clear PVC Tubing 1/2”. Fresh water pump replaced 7/2019
Holding Tank - SeaLand Tough 4040 35 gal. 13.5 X 21 X 30” Polypropylene (Defender) Black Water Sensor: Gobius Tank Monitor System 970442
Head Sink - Polar #101-110-R Single 13 X 17” 3.5” drain. Polar sink strainer #7400. Polar adapter sink drain #578812. Faucet - Phister 8H3-89PC High arc Lavatory.
Head Shower - Faucet: Agua fine Scandvik #SS1601. Shower sump: Rule #25S-PLT 500 gph ¾” discharge line. Fiberglass wallpaper Tasso #G140 Medium Burlap.
Steering - Whitlock King Cobra Premiere Pedestal with Brake & custom 32” ht. PMKC0100, Serial # 035706. King Cobra output lever CL0200. Premiere stop ring PMSR01. Duralumin Tiller lever bored to 2 1/4” (rudder stock diameter 0TL110; AHFT 12 drag link assemblies #DL1205 with 1 1/4” SS tube #TUB114. Premiere Pedestal Bolt Set 90mm 12mm diam. #PMPB1020. Premiere Double leaf teak cockpit table #CT0300. Custom Instrument pod & extended guard rail # PMIP0606. Engine control & mechanism # TX0200. 40” diameter SS Destroyer Wheel(8 Spoke) WH0750. Wheel dimensions: rudder stock diam. 2 ¼ “ nominal (actual 2.247”). Distance from CL of rudder stock to CL of pedestal = 30 1’4” (note: ½ “ wide, ¼” deep, 2 1’2” long keyway located on forward side of rudder stock). Pedestal height cockpit sole to center of wheel = 32”. ($3040.80 on 9/95),
- Auto steering - Alpha systems 3000 Auto Pilot control system (1/17), Serial # 35129. 10 ' compass cable (3000) Control cable MACC20. Spectra Auto Pilot Hand Controller. Screw drive ram model UQDUHT18 serial # 33566 serviced 1/1/2017. Compass rebuilt 11/15. New control unit Alpha 3000 Generation 10 purchased 1/19
- Rudder - Needle bearing Thrust Washer: Timpken Torrington NTA-3648. Nylon Delrin bearings relieved to .007 over rudder shaft diameter (8/21/08). Shaft lubricated with AMSOIL synthetic grease.
Winches - Winch Handles Harken - 10” Aluminum B10ASG. Main Electric: two Barient Model 36 STE-12V 3/4 hp, 3400 RPM, 12V-DC, 57 am. Additional Electric – Two Harken 12V powered radial winches, model 46.2 ST E
Mast - Two used aluminum extrusions sleeved together to form one 67 foot structure. Original Mast was built for Bill Lee’s “Merlin” Santa Cruz 50. Bought for $3800 including shipment from CA in 5/99). Mast cut and sleeved by Bill Hooper at Hoopers’ Yacht Services, Afton, MN. who painted it (aluminum) to match the anodized boom, and did part of the rigging. Additional rigging installed by Barker’s Island Marina staff Superior, WI. Truck to deck ring including 2’ antenna = 62’1”. Truck to deck ring = 60’ 1”. Truck to LW = 66’ 1”. Deck ring to mast step = 7’1 ½”. Deck ring to lower spreader 21’5”. Deck ring to gooseneck = 3’10”. Total mast length = 67’ 2 ½”. Deck ring to LWL = 6’. LWL to tip of VHF antenna = 68’ 1”.Fore/Aft location = centerline of mast is 25 ½ “ behind station #4 and 23” ahead of station “5. Spreaders: Upper length = 3’9” and lower length = 5’5”. Mast repainted 6/2019
- Adjustable Mast Step - Custom AL 5083 Hard Coat Anodized Black (Stillwater Metals, Inc.), 1/2" aluminum alloy 6061 wt. 65 lbs. Slide Plate Teflon .118” X 14” X 15”. Mast step bolts - four 5/8-11 SS bolts, 5/8-11 SS hex nuts, 5/8 18-8 SS flat washers and four ½” 18-8 SS bolts, 1/2-13 SS 18-8 hex nuts, 1/2 18-8 SS flat washers.
Mast Collar – Custom SS Deck Ring with 5 turning block loops sealed to mast with Spartite Wedging System.
- Boom - Schaefer 17.5’Gamma roller furling boom. Serial # G-0128 with 7/8 Internal Mast Track Kit. Delivered to Barker’s Island Marina’s shop by Hooper’s Yacht Services. It was installed by BIM staff. 6063-T5 Aluminum. Max”E” dimension: 20 ‘ (foot length), Max “P” length: 53’ (luff length). Size: 9.65” (245mm) length X 12.31” (313mm) diameter. Schafer heavy duty fixed rigid vang, adjustable – 9”
Chain plates and backing plates - Hi-Grade Neoprene Hard 1/8”gaskets. Anti-Seize Premium Grade Nickel (McMaster-Carr 1028K63). Forward lower & Aft lower & Backstay plates 1/2” 316 s.s. with passivated 3/4” Bolts. Upper & Intermediate plates 1/8” 316 s.s. with passivated 3/4” bolts. Custom plates from our prints by Nellessen tool. Double inner forestay & running backstay plates 3/8” 316 s.s. with passivated ½” bolts. These custom plates from our prints by Tops-In-Quality. Chain Plate Holes: for upper/intermediate shrouds – 5/8”pins (.625”), for lower shrouds ¾’ PINS (.750”), for backstays ¾” pins (.750”), for running backstays 5/16” pins (.3125”).
- Standing Rigging - Designer Specified Wire Forestay = 7/16” X 64’, 1 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 22,500 lbs.). Staysail stay = 5/16” X 46’, 1 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 12,500 lbs.). Lower forward shrouds = 7/16” X 24’, 1 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 22,500 lbs.). Lower aft shrouds = 7/16” X 24’, 1 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 22,500 lbs.).
Intermediate shrouds (continuous to deck) = 5/16” X 43’, 1 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 12,500 lbs.).Upper shrouds (continuous to deck) = 5/16 X 61’, 1 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 12,500 lbs.).Upper running backstays = 3/16” X 34’, 7 X 19 type 316 wire (break =3,700 lbs.).Lower running backstays = 3/16 X 19’, 7 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 3,700 lbs.). Running backstay tails = ½” X 14’ Sta-set X (break = 9,500 lbs.) or7/16” Sta-set (1/2 break 3,700 lbs.). Backstay = 7/16” X 55’, 1 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 22,500 lbs.). Backstay (split segment) = 7/16” X 12’ (each side) 1 X 19 type 316 wire (break = 22,500 lbs.). Terminals Hayn Swageless Hi-Mod Compressions fittings (installed by Barkers Island) Turnbuckles
Actual Installation: Roller Furlers: Yankee rolls onto Furlex #300 furler. Staysail rolls onto Furlex #200 furler.
Running Rigging - Designer Specified Halyards :Spinnaker halyard = ½” unspecified low stretch line. #1 Jib halyard = ½” Sta-Set X (break 9,500 lbs.). Staysail halyard = ½” Sta-Set X (break 9,500 lbs.). Mainsail halyard = ½” Sta-Set X (break 9,500 lbs.).
Sheets Actual Installation Main Sheet Traveler – Garhauer #MT-UB 3.
Jib Sheet Blocks – Garhauer G-3 Genoa Car, SWL = 3500 lbs.
- Running Backstays – Designer Specified 3/16” 7 x 19 wire & 7/16” or 3/8” sta-set with a 3:1 tackle = 3,170
Whisker Pole - Forespar LC 15-27 Combo Pole
Sails – UK Tape Drive Spectra Batmain (Tape Drive S2MX/Kevlar) 499.49 sq FT, 5 full batten mainsail design, (Blue Streak, RBS, full length 40% tapered battens), #7 Teflon luff tape, 3/8 foot rope, Schaefer SS tack fitting and headboard fitting. 130% Tape Drive UK Spectra Yankee (Tape Drive S2MX/Kevlar) 926.95 sq FT. Tape Drive Spectra Furling UK Staysail (Tape Drive S2MX/Kevlar) 229.79 sq FT.
Windlass - Maxwell Model # vwc3500 12 V with wildcat for 3/8“ ACCO high test chain. Max load 3500 lbs. using 160 amp draw. 12 - solenoid dual direct 12V. Windlass Cooling Fan - Orion Fan OD4020-12HS-C.
Anchoring -Anchor Chain - 400' 3/8" high test ACCO. Anchor Rode - 600' 3/4" megabraid New England Rope 15,000 lb. break strength. Anchors: Bow = SuperMax 68 lbs. and Bulwagga 68 lbs, Stern = Bruce 30kg (66 lbs). Note: 7’ from bow to water
General layout for Markings: Black (rope) or White (chain) = 25’, Orange (both) = 50’, Black (rope) or White (chain) = 75’, Red 1 band (both) = 100’ 2 bands (both) = 200’ 3 bands (both) = 300’
ROPE MARKINGS: Black = 25’ Orange = 50’ White = 75’ Red = 100’ Red - 4 bands (rope) = 400’, Red - 5 bands (rope) = 500’, Red - 6 bands (rope) = 600’
CHAIN MARKINGS: White = 25’ Orange =50’ White =75’ Red =100’ Last 100’ = 3 bands White ,3 bands Orange , multi bands White ,multi bands Red ,
- Fenders - one Aere Inflatable Fenders 10 HP Inflator Bravo. Praktek, Inc., 12207 NW 35th St., Coral Springs, FL 33065 954-345-AERE. 4 Taylor made "Big B" vinyl (sand) fenders purchased 10/19.
- Counter Tops & Interior surfaces – Wilson Art “Aegean” counter tops. Other surfaces Wilson Art #1530-60 “Beige” high pressure laminate bonded with Weldwood waterproof contact adhesive
Cabinet Latches - Swell Latch, Flush Style SouthCo # 19-10-103-10.
Paint – Interior: System Three WR-LPU San Juan Tan, Blu Glo White 4259 (bilge), White Primer
- Exterior : (Hull and cabin) AlexSeal, moon dust. Bottom: SeaHawk biocop with booster )blue)
Wind vane - Davis Windex 15.
- Radar – Furuno NavNet TZ Touch 9”MFD Registration F76C11A755, Furuno AIS Receiver FA-30 Serial # 3560-0710, IC# 12818-FA30. Furuno Ethernet Hub Model Hub-101 Serial # 002800, Furuno 4KW 24” UH Radar Serial # 4357-1433, MaxSea Timezero TZ Number: TZ 4D53 4865 83FA CABF 6F for installation.
Radar Reflector - West Marine Large Tri-Lens Reflector RA-4520-1.
Cushions - Saloon 5” high density & soft compression foams , Ultra Suede Sahara 3092. Berths 5” Visco Elastic foam laminate, Ultra Suede Sahara 3092. Booth 2 ½” ?? Ultra Suede HP Moonstone 5522-2679
Ground Plate - Guest Super 18” X 6”.
Hatch Springs For Settees - Moonlite Marine Hatch Holders - Medium 10”.
Settee Locks - 18-8 SS Shoulder-Style Quick Release Pin, Ring Grip, 3016” diam, 1” usable length.
- Saloon Flooring - Armstrong Cushion Step #3117 – Procelin.
- Sonar/Sounder - Interphase Iscan V90, serial # 624-U-42642furun
- Compass – Danforth 4 ½ “Constellation Compass, Model # C-483
- VHF Radio – Horizon GX2000 with cockpit repeater
- Entertainment Equipment – Samsung LED flat screen TV – Version SP01, model# UN19FA000AFX2A, Serial #: NS160A14.
- SSB Radio – ICOM Model #IC-M802 Transceiver Serial # 0106600, ICOM Automatic Antenna Tuner AT-140, Backstay antenna GAM McKim
- Satellite Phone – Iridium 9505A MRHS0088F L5 04825 705LV8, IMEI:300214010573680, Mobile Satellite Telephone, AC travel charger with 5 international plugs, 1x high capacity battery. Ant. portable auxiliary, earpiece and IMEI #300214010573680, Auto Accessory Adapter, Iridium approved antenna and pipe mount, LMR 400 20M cable, Beam cradle for 9505a, USB Serial Adapter for XP and Vista machines, Antenna coax connector SMA female right angle adapter (SMA-2599 from Pacific Custom Cable)
Bilge Pumps - Main system: 2 Rule #555 4000 gph 1 ½” port automatic in removable fixture. Manual bilge pumps: Titan pumps (28 gals/min)- main pumps output thru Groco bronze anti-siphon valves and bronze 1 ½” thru hulls. Plastic locking connectors from McMaster-Carr on removable fixture.
Overheads - Wilson Art Laminate D403-6 White Sand contact cemented to 1/8” marine plywood.
Emergency Ventilation –
- Ventilation - Dorade Cowl Vents - Vetus “Tom”. Screens - SS Bolting Grade woven wire cloth, type 316 50 X 50 mesh, .0055 wire diam., 36” width McMaster-Carr #9230T961. No-seeum mesh inserts.
- Plywood Sound Deadening - inter-layer for Kubota engine room. Hough Marine & Machine Inc.L150 1L.
- Maretron NMEA 2000Multi Combo # 8 System – DSM410 - Universal Displays: Cabin display serial # 1100681 – Feb 2019. DSM410 Helm display serial# 1880658 – Feb 2019 DST 100 – Depth, Speed, Temp Transducer SN: 100855 June 2019. GPS 100 – GPS Antenna/Receiver SN: 1581697 June 2019 . Maretron Gateway NMEA 2000/USB (USB100-01) serial # 237652 June 2019.. Actisense NMMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 Gateway (NGW-1) June 2019. Maretron Solid State Rate/Gyro Compass SSC300 serial # 1781068 – Feb 2019. AIRMAR Ultrasonic weather station SN: 60094752
Communications – ICOM SSB MF/HF Marine Transceiver model IC-M802 serial # 0106600. ICOM IC-M34 VHF Marine Transceiver (hand held). ICOM Automatic Antenna Tuner AT-140. Horizon GX2000 VHF
Hydraulic System :Reservoir - Reservoir 35 gal., 316 SS, empty = 125 lbs., 12”wide X 32” high X 22” deep. Fairey Arlon TTF 170 50 gpm. 10 micron return filter (Fauver TF170SAEZ4MB4BT22TP). Fairey Arlon #TTF-60 30GPM 100 mesh suction screen. 20 degrees to 240 degrees McMaster # 3946K14 Thermometer. Gits HFV #1655-125 (1 ¼” NPT) Vent (1/2 lb. vacuum, 10 lbs. pressure). SS Heat exchanger (9.1 sq ft. surface area, 76 GPM flow capacity-McMaster-Carr) Distribution Manifold: Spencer 12 volt, three solenoid valve manifold. Hydraulic pumps: 2- Eaton model #70423 variable displacement piston pumps. SAE “B” .875 major diam., 13 tooth, 16/32 spline shaft.Max. speed = 2700 RPM @ 3000 psi. rated, (200 psi. idle). Max. flow = 26 gal./min., side ports, Max. temp = 225 degrees. One pump drive driven by Kubota Model Z 482-B-1 2 cylinder diesel engine. 10.8 HP (continuous) @ 3600 rpm (loaded). Rotates clockwise (viewed from the front). 22 ft./lbs. = Max. torque @ 2800 RPM. (16 ft./lbs. Net continuous). Bo Wex M-42 mounting hub, (SAE “B” .875 major diam., 13 tooth, 16/32 spline socket). Pump ID 70423 RBT (cw rotation (R means right) when looking at shaft. One pump driven by Cummins Model 4B 3.9-M 4 cylinder diesel engine. 76 BHP (continuous )@ 2500 rpm., Torque = 159 ft./lbs. Rotation clockwise (when viewed from front). Front power takeoff = SAE “B” .875 major diam., 13 tooth, 16/32 socket. Pump ID 70423 LBG (ccw rotation (L means left) when looking at shaft. Hydraulic motors: 2-Eaton model #74111 piston motors, one motor installed, (second motor as spare).18.5 HP., Max. speed 4500 rpm @ 3000 psi., side ports. Max. flow = 16.9 gal./min., max. temp. = 225 degrees, 11 lbs.
- Boarding Ladder: purchased from Dive N Dog, 4451 Pine Ridge Road, Naples, FL 34119 – 6 step telescoping
Hatches – Goiot Two-Way Hatches – 7 50.50.2 cm(19.7 X 19.7”) #102420 and 2 Sliding Hatches 72.72.6 (28.3 X28.3”) #102442. All lens replaced in 2008.
Air Conditioners – Main unit is Mermaid M-16C-T 16,500 BTU serial 0712-CF-0297 (July 2012). State room unit is Mermaid MSC-U 5,200 BTU serial 0712-CF-0298 (July 2012). 239-418-0535. Raw water Pump replaced main AC 10/2018, IWAKI Mag-drive Sea Water Pump MD-15RT-115NL 300 GPH 115V 1/2”. Small AC raw water pump replaced with IWAKI Mag-drive Sea Water Pump MD-15RT-115NL 300 GPH, 1/75 HP, 115 volt, 0.29 amp, 1/2” MPT output & 1/2” FPT input. From Defender Ind. $187. Both units now run identical seawater pumps.
- Communications –
IC-M802 serial # 0106600. ICOM IC-M34 VHF Marine Transceiver (hand held). ICOM Automatic Antenna Tuner AT-140. Horizon Matrix GX2000 VHF
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.