2007 Vancouver 38 Pilot
Interested in this boat?
- View Full Specifications
The 34 Pilot's big sister, the Vancouver 38 Pilot is similarly conceived.
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
With the comfort and security of a raised deck saloon, everyone - the pilot included - can shelter from the elements while still enjoying 360 degree views. The sailing performance is excellent with the same rig as the Vancouver 38 but with a self tacking staysail for convenience. The interior volume for a 38 footer is vast, with three double sleeping cabins - all large, two heads compartments - and a large galley with space for every modern convenience. It can be finished in a choice of timbers and tailored to the owner's exact requirements. There are spaces to fit any manner of optional equipment including generator, watermaker, fridge and freezer. The Vancouver 38 Pilot is not a motor sailer but a powerful sailing yacht built for long distance cruising.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 30 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 22378 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x 56 HP
- A deep locker is fitted to starboard giving plenty of stowage space.
- A separate gas bottle stowage is situated aft and to starboard, accessed through the cockpit seat and is drained overboard.
- It has capacity for two bottles.
- The helmsman?s seat has a moulded-in hump which opens for access to the aft peak locker.
- Two 21/2 inch storm drains are moulded into the aft end of the cockpit which discharge directly through the counter.
- The seat tops are teak laid and a teak grating is fitted to the cockpit sole.
- The steering is a Whitlock Mamba system with a direct linkage to the rudder.
- The rudder stock incorporates a spigot for emergency steering tiller.
- A 30 inch stainless steel wheel, hide covered, is fitted to the pedestal.
- A compass is fitted to the steering pedestal and a pedestal guard is provided.
- All interior joinery is of solid teak and maple veneered plywood, an all teak finish is available as an alternative.
- All toilet bulkheads and the galley working surfaces are in Formica type laminates.
- The toilet compartment work surfaces are in Nordseal granite impregnated GRP.
- All cabin soles are finished in teak and holly striped plydeck.
- All woodwork is treated with satin finish high quality varnish.
- All cushions are covered in colour co-ordinated high grade fabrics from Northshore?s range.
- Curtains are fitted to all ports and a hatch blind to the underside of the forecabin hatch.
- Sun blinds are fitted to the pilothouse windows.
- There are two full length single berths with an infill to make a double, the infill will stow between the berths to form a seat.
- There are GRP storage bins under the berths.
- The chain locker is forward with access through a bulkhead trap.
- There are storage locker and shelves under the deck and a hanging locker and dressing table unit to starboard.
- The saloon seating provides excellent vision through the pilothouse windows.
- The windows are 10mm thick toughened glass.
- To port is a dinette with a settee that can be used as a sea berth with the lee cloth.
- The table unfolds ? coffee size to dining size ? by use of hinged flaps and will extend across to the helm seat by addition of a leaf.
- Forward of the dinette are stowage bins and there are cave lockers behind the seat backs.
- To starboard is the chart table with adjustable helmsman?s seat giving excellent views forward.
- A console is provided to mount instruments and there is plenty of space to stow books and charts.
- There are stowages under the sidedeck and aft to starboard is a large oilskin locker and access steps to the aft heads and cabin.
- The cabin is to port and has a large double berth, the mattress is split longitudinally and a lee cloth is provided.
- A hanging locker is fitted outboard and there are additional stowages for outboard of the berth on the hull side and a shelved cupboard inboard.
- An emergency escape hatch to the saloon is fitted.
- The cabin aft is to port and is accessed through the aft heads.
- It has a large double berth and the mattress is split longitudinally.
- A hanging locker and seat with stowage under are fitted together with a shelf on the hull side and small cave lockers.
- An emergency hatch to the cockpit is fitted.
- a marine toilet with hinged cover, washbasin and shower with shower curtain.
- There are stowages outboard under the side deck.
- The heads compartment is vented.
- Power is fed from three heavy duty 12 volt batteries of approximately 100 amp hr each.
- Two batteries for the domestic systems and one battery for engine starting, each bank is separately isolated but may be paralleled as needed.
- The batteries are stowed in a GRP container vented overboard charging via voltage control equipment.
- All systems are separately switched with circuit breakers mounted in a specially made panel.
- A battery state meter is provided.
- A windscreen wiper is fitted to the forward starboard pilothouse window.
- The accommodation has deckhead and bulkhead lights to provide adequate and pleasant lighting throughout.
- The galley lights under the side decks have a dimmer switch for night sailing.
- There is a red light system for night sailing.
- Compass light, instrument lights and engine room lights are all provided.
- Navigation lighting includes: port and starboard combined bow light, stern light, steaming light, deck floodlight and tricolour/all round white light on mast.
- Raytheon ST60 log, echo sounder and wind instruments are fitted in the cockpit with a multi unit at the chart table.
- Cathodic protection is provided by wiring the rudder stock, Pbracket, shaft and engine to a sacrificial anode.
The galley is on the starboard side opposite the midships cabin. It is fitted with:?
- Two burner gimballed cooker with grill and oven, with fail-safe devices on all burners.
- Gas tap adjacent to cooker.
- Sink with drainer with a mixer tap providing pressurised hot and cold water.
- Hand operated fresh water pump as a back-up.
- Ice box (convertible to refrigerator) located under the saloon floor.
- Stowages for plates and cups.
- Drawer units and lockers outboard under the side deck.
- Galley crash bar.
- Rubbish bin.
- The engine is the 4 cylinder Yanmar 4JH3E giving maximum output of 56 hp driving through a mechanical gearbox.
- An 80 amp alternator is fitted.
- The engine is fresh water cooled and heats hot water via a calorifier to provide hot water quickly for domestic use.
- A fixed 20 inch three blade propeller is fitted.
- The engine compartment is soundproofed and fitted with an electric extractor fan.
- The instrument panel provides tachometer, oil pressure gauge, water temperature gauge, key switch, alarm buzzer for oil pressure, battery charging and engine temperature.
- The engine exhaust is taken via a water trap silencer and reinforced hose with swan neck to a fitting at the transom.
- The engine is connected via a coupling to a 11/4 inch diameter stainless steel propeller shaft which is supported by a bronze P bracket fitted with a rubber bearing.
- The stern gland is a rubber phosphor bronze faced seal.
- The engine speed and gearbox is operated by a single lever control mounted on the steering pedestal.
- A secondary position is provided at the internal piloting position.
The following are fitted:?
- A heavy duty stemhead fitting in stainless steel with two 4 inch diameter rollers with dropnose pin for securing the anchor when stowed in the fitting.
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits.
- Stainless steel boarding ladder on transom.
- Bollard on foredeck for ground tackle.
- 2 x alloy cleats and fairleads on foredeck.
- 2 x alloy cleats and fairleads amidships.
- 4 x alloy cleats and 2 fairleads aft.
- 3 x stainless stanchions either side plus gangway gates port and starboard.
- 2 x T section alloy genoa tracks with roller fairleads and end stops.
- 1 x self tacking staysail track with roller bearing blocks.
- Mainsheet track with adjustable car with control lines leading aft to a pair of rope clutches.
- 2 x Lewmar 48 CST genoa sheet winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 30 CST coachroof winches.
- 1 x 16 CST Mainsail reefing winch.
- 8 x rope clutches (4 each side) with appropriate rope organisers.
- 1 x Lewmar forehatch.
- 4 x Lewmar deck hatches, two in pilothouse, one over galley and one over midship cabin.
- 1 x perspex companionway hatch.
- 2 x Lewmar opening port lights to fore cabin.
- 2 x Lewmar opening port lights to galley.
- 2 x Lewmar opening port lights to midship cabin one on coachroof and one to saloon.
- 1 x Lewmar opening port to forward heads.
- 2 x Lewmar opening ports in aft end of pilothouse.
- 2 x Lewmar opening ports to aft cabin.
- 1 x Lewmar opening port in cockpit well to after cabin.
- 2 x Lewmar opening ports to aft heads.
- 1 x Lewmar trim port in forward pilothouse.
- 2 x dorade box ventilators with 4 inch cowls.
- 3 x electric vents over galley and both toilet compartments.
Hull and Deck
- Both hull and deck mouldings are laid up in accordance with Northshore?s Nordseal system.
- The hull topside has a 1/2 inch balsa core sandwich and is double gel coated, pigmented white.
- The sandwich construction is stopped 6 inches above the water line.
- From this position down the hull is a single laminate with clear gel coat which is antifouled.
- The cored topside provides both panel stiffness and thermal insulation.
- The hull is supported by a GRP base module, the module incorporates transverse floors and longitudinals and the bulkheads are glassed to hull and deck.
- There is a drain pipe from the chain locker to the deep bilge.
- The engine seating has a gel coated surface and forms an integral drip tray.
- The ballast is cast lead of 8,198lbs which is fully encapsulated in the hull moulding and over laminated.
- The deck is 1/2 inch balsa cored laminate with unpolished gel coat to receive Treadmaster (standard) or a teak deck (optional).
- The coachroof top is 3/4 inch balsa cored laminate with moulded non-skid surface and is integral with the cockpit and deck.
- Solid ply reinforcements are fitted in lieu of the balsa for strength where fixings pass through the laminate to prevent the core crushing in compression.
- The deck is reinforced forward to support an anchor windlass.
- The deck is bonded to a shelf which is an integral part of the hull, the joint is overlaid with GRP.
- The cavity between the hull and deck upstand is filled and capped with a teak rail.
Spars, Sails and Rigging
- The spars are aluminium alloy anodised silver.
- The mast is sound deadened, has a spinnaker pole track, is provided with double spreaders and internal halyards.
- The boom is provided with slab reefing with two reef pennants and one outhaul with stoppers at the forward end.
- A solid kicker with tackle is supplied.
- The forestay has a Furlex roller reefing system.
- The standing rigging is all 1 x 19 stainless steel wire with stainless steel open bodied rigging screws and toggles.
- Main, genoa and staysail halyards are colour coded braided rope.
- Genoa and staysail sheets are provided together with a topping lift, mainsheet, mainsheet traveller control lines, burgee and signal halyards.
- A mainsail, cruising yankee, staysail and storm staysail are supplied which are triple stitched and made to ocean cruising specification.
- The bilge and lockers of the yacht are painted.
- All teak work on deck is left bare.
- The hull has a double style line in gel coat to the owner?s choice of colours from Northshore?s standard colour card.
- The cavita line is finished in paint to the owner?s choice of colour.
- The yacht is handed over afloat and in commission ex. works Itchenor.
- 1 x mainsail cover.
- 1 x 45lbs CQR anchor.
- 55 x metres of 9.5 mm calibrated short link chain.
- 4 x fenders with lanyards.
- 2 x 15 metre 14 mm warps.
- 1x sprayhood in owner?s choice of colours.
- 1 x ensign, staff and deck socket.
- 1 x lock-in winch handle.
- 1 x standard winch handle.
- 1 x emergency tiller.
- 2 x fire extinguishers.
- 1 x fire blanket.
- 1 x boat hook.
- 1 x gas bottle.
Interested in this boat?
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.
Please enter a valid name!
Please enter a valid email address!
RE: Vancouver 38 Pilot
Message cannot be empty!
Please enter a valid name!
Please enter a valid email address!
Message cannot be empty!