2007 Morris M42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Northeast Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 590,000
The Morris M-42 was designed following the introduction and immediate success of the M-36. The M-42 gives owners standing headroom below and a layout that is conducive to cruising. Meanwhile the design characteristics follow the same rational of being very simple to sail, beautiful to look at, and most importantly….fun!
Sweet Lucy features a Leisurefurl Boom, a bowthruster and has been professionally maintained.
Specializing in Morris/Hinckley Boat Sales, please call me, WYTHE INGEBRITSON: Cell: 207-664-8111 Office: 207-244-5531 or E-mail: email@example.com for more information on Morris new and used sailboats and brokerage Hinckley power or sailboats.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-244-5531 or 207-664-8111
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morris Yachts
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
LOA: 42 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 3 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Displacement: 16300 lbs
Ballast: 6234 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 2 in
Total Power: 39 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3JH4E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 39 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Hull and Deck
- Manually consolidated composite hull with Vinylester resin and vacuum bagged Core-Cell core.
- Awlgrip “Vivid Red” hull.
- Single stripe boot (Oyster White)
- “Oyster White" deck.
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
- Manually consolidated composite deck and superstructure with Vinylester resin and Core-Cell core.
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- PVC rubrail with a solid SS oval chafe strip (Awlgripped to match hull)
- Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole.
- High performance bulbed keel.
- Varnished teak toe rail and coaming cap.
- Custom fiberglass sea hood.
- Butterfly hatch clad with teak and finished with gloss varnish.
- All sheets, main halyard, jib furling line, main furling line, and vang control lines are led below deck to rope clutches and electric winches located at control pods in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsperson. Forward of the control pods are spacious port and starboard cockpit seats. The seats are over six feet in length and comfortably suitable for seating six adults or taking a nap.
- Hatches on all three cockpit seats allow access to below-decks storage Varnished teak drop leaf table permanently fixed to the cockpit sole (with cover).
- Teak foot block below cockpit table.
- Teak foot block for helmsman.
- Varnished teak steering wheel .
- Varnished teak on coaming cap.
- Cockpit boom light (w/dimmer).
- Whale cockpit shower.
- Dodger with ss bows and aft welded handrail and removable side handrails.
- Small bimini at the helm with folding bows.
- Two sets of saloon style removable companionway doors (solid and screens).
- Custom companionway opening with varnished teak vertical slides and three drop board (each drop board and slide is lined with brass channel).
- Yanmar 3JH4E x SD Saildrive unit, 39HP FWC marine diesel engine.
- Flex-O-Fold 16” three blade propeller (upgrade).
- Yanmar engine mount pan – fiberglass.
- Morris custom instrument panel at the helm
- Faria gauges with SS bezels.
- Ignition switch.
- Start/Stop buttons.
- Audible alarms for cooling water, high temperature, low lube oil pressure, and Saildrive water flow.
- Tachometer with hour meter.
- Illumination switch.
- Morse single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Yanmar spares kit and service manual.
- Racor model #220 spin-on fuel/water separator.
- 40-gallon aluminum fuel tank w/SS deck fill.
- Cruz-Pro tank gauge.
- Reverso oil change system.
A comfortable, spacious interior with full standing headroom, finished in classic Herreshoff style with antique white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry joinery. Interior cushions are covered with UltraLeather. Interior pillows and shams made by Chesapeake Yacht Interiors and the cabin top is finished with painted wood sheathing. Teak cockpit sole with gloss varnish. The port and starboard settees are designed for comfortable lounging or sleeping. The cherry drop-leaf table incorporates liquor storage and invites gracious dining. A modern “butterfly-style” hatch above the dining table and eight large fixed portlights provide great natural lighting and ventilation.
Twin end tables with storage lockers below and lockers with shelves outboard are built in at the forward end of the settees. A hanging locker forward of the head and lockers outboard at the forward and aft end of the settees provide additional storage. Open shelves outboard at the center point of the settees provide space for books, etc. The forward cabin provides a queen size berth, and two large drop fronts to access the space under the berth. A large overhead hatch and two 4” SS dorade vents provide great natural light and ventilation. A custom anchor design was used for ventilation through locker doors.
- Located aft to starboard.
- Isotherm top loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and wire basket.
- Force 10 two burner propane stove with thermostat controlled oven on a gimbal mount.
- Corian counter top.
- Drop down door below stove.
- Custom shelving and dividers to maximize storage space.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- Located aft to port opposite the galley.
- Corian counter top with SS sink and single lever faucet.
- Scandvik mixer valve with wall mount shower head.
- Molded fiberglass floor pan with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- Swing-out shower enclosure.
- Mirror with frame on forward bulkhead.
Electronics, Communication and Navigation
- ICOM IC-M422 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone.
- Raymarine ST60 displays for speed, depth and wind mounted in the seahood.
- Raymarine C80 color radar/chart plotter display (helm) with 2KW dome.
- Raymarine AIS receiver interfaced with C80 display.
- Raymarine ST6001 S1G Autopilot w/gyro compass core pack.
- Alpine AM/FM stereo receiver and CD player with two six inch speakers in main salon and two waterproof speakers in the cockpit.
- I-Pod docking station.
- Perko bicolor bow light and transom stern light
- Aquasignal tri-color masthead light & combo steaming/deck flood light.
- Spreader lights.
- Mastervolt AGM house batteries - two (450 Ah @ 12 VDC)
- Optima 1000M amp engine start battery with 800 cold cranking amps.
- Dedicated bow thruster battery.
- Mastervolt 90 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- Mastervolt 12 VDC / 110 VAC distribution panel.
- 1500W inverter/charger.
- 110V shore power system with (4) outlets, SS power inlet, and 50ft x 30 amp cord.
- Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
- 12 volt outlet.
- Three red courtesy lights.
- Espar D4 Airtronic diesel heater with three vents.
- Marine Air 10,000 BTU air conditioner.
- 50-gallon fresh water capacity.
- SS deck fill.
- ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- 6 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
- Whale water system filter.
- Multi-tank gauge system.
- Sealand Vacuflush marine toilet.
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to seacock for overboard discharge.
- Snake River external tank level monitor.
- (2) Stainless steel 4” cowl vents mounted on varnished teak dorade boxes.
- SS foredeck and cabin top hatches.
- (4) Hella turbo fans.
- Diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer.
- Bilge pump cycle counter.
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Emergency tiller.
- Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguishers (3).
- Engine compartment “fire port”.
Spars and Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars.
- Forespar Leisurefurl in-boom mainsail furling system.
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- Antal mainsail luff track.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Schaefer 2100 manual headsail furling system.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Navtech integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Hall Quick-Vang
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Lewmar 50 CCEST electric self-tailing primary winches.
- Lewmar 44 CCST manual secondary winches.
Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following:
- Full batten Main.
- Furling jib.
- Gennaker G-AP3 with snuffer.
Anchoring and Mooring
- Delta 35 lb anchor w/150’ nylon, 30’ of chain.
- Anchor deployment system w/manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- Lewmar V2 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- Salt water wash-down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
- Docking Lines and Fenders (with fleece covers)
- Aluminum boat hook.
- Max-Power compact retractable bow thruster with joystick control at the helm.
- Canvas sun cover for full boat.
- Cockpit seat and back cushions with custom fabric
- Varnished teak flagstaff and flag.
- Ocean-Air Skyscreens on overhead hatches.
- Two piece SS folding swim ladder.
- Tool kit, spare bulbs & fuses.
- Full winter canvas cover.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Ocean Series 42
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 48
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
OCEAN SERIES 46
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Mt. Desert, ME, United States