2007 Flying Tiger 10M
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / Gas/Petrol
- Located In:
- Milford, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 29,900
The Flying Tiger 10 M is a keelboat designed in 2005 by naval architect Robert H. Perry. Built by Bill Stevens at Hansheng Yachts in Xiamen China, and marketed by Hiptrader LLC, the FT10 is intended as an affordable one-design club racer. With its light displacement (4900 lbs), open transom, and bowsprit that supports a large masthead asymmetrical spinnaker it can be classified a sportsboat. In order to allow manufacture in China and global distribution, the boat was designed to fit inside a standard shipping container.
The idea of building an affordable 30 foot sport boat emerged in 2002 as a heated discussion topic in the on-line forum Sailing Anarchy. A group of avid one-design racers contributed to the definition of the requirements of a low cost 30 foot sport boat. The group guided Perry through the design of the Anarchy 30 concept boat. Starting from the Anarchy 30 Perry designed the Flying Tiger 10 M during the most part of 2005 in an open forum under the scrutiny and the input of the forum members, in a process that is probably unique in the history of American yacht building. Although built in 2007, this boat was never launched or rigged until 2012.
For a personal description of this vessel or to schedule an appointment to come take a look, please, contact the listing broker Bill Kolkmeyer at 203-878-6373 X 1 (office), 203-856-4669 (Moble) or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Bill Kolkmeyer at 203-878-6373
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hanseng Yachts
Designer: Robert H. Perry
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 32 ft 7 in
Beam: 9 ft 2 in
LWL: 30 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 7 in
Displacement: 4900 lbs
Ballast: 1918 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 50 ft 0 in
Total Power: 9.8 HP
Engine Brand: Tohatsu
Year Built: 2007
Engine Model: 4Stroke
Engine Type: Outboard 4S
Engine/Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
Engine Power: 9 HP
Fuel Tanks: (6 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Spinnaker pole - Bow Sprit
Road trailer - Custom ROAD KING Double Axle Trailer
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Flying Tiger 10 meter was designed to fill a void in one-designed sport boats, namely affordability. In keeping with the cost factor we were able to construct a boat utilizing technology where we felt it was needed most without incurring excessive cost.
- Large V-Berth In Bow Section
- Oval Opening Hatch Above V-Berth
- Salon w/2 Settee Berths, Chart Table/Sink And Galley Pump
- 12Vdc Main Electrical Panel w/Breakers And Voltmeter.
- Quarter Berths Aft Under Cockpit (2)
- Interior Lighting
- Storage Compartments Under All Berths
- Adjustable Bracket For Lowering/Raising Outboard Motor
- Compartment For 25 Lt. Fuel Tank
- Compartment Vented With Electrical Blower
- Engine Controls Recess Built Into Cockpit Starboard Side.
- Bridge Deck Hinged Hatch Closure
- TOHATSU 9.8hp Four Stroke - Electric start
DECK and HARWARE
- Vacuum bagged fiberglass sandwich core construction.
- Carbon Fiber Mast
- Carbon Fiber Boom
- All interior bulkheads and furniture molded and cored fiberglass construction.
- Primary Winches #40 Harken, Aluminum Drum
- Secondary Winches #16 Harken, Aluminum Drum
- Spinlok Rope Clutches (5)
- 8 Inch Marelon Cleats (4)
- Harken Adjustable Jib Leads
- Harken Mainsheet Traveler w/Controls And Fine Adjuster
- Plastimo Manual Bilge Pump Mounted In cockpit
- Stainless Steel Bow Pulpit w/LED Navigational Lights
- Stainless Steel Stern Pulpit w/LED Navigational Light
- Stainless Steel Stanchions And Lifelines
- Stainless Steel Handrails On Cabintop (2)
- Stainless Steel Tiller w/Carbon Fiber Extension
- Harken Winch Handles (2)
Raymarine / TackTick Electronics
Number of Units | Description
1 T104 Wireless Speed, Depth, Wind and NMEA System
1 - T111 Mutifunction Wireless Dual Display
1 - T112 Mutifunction Wireless Analogue Display
1 - T120 Wireless Wind Transducer
1 - T121 Hull Transmitter
1 - T122 Wireless Interface
1 - T911 Speed and Temperature Transducer
1 - T912 Depth Transducer
1 T113 Multifunction Wireless Remote Display
2 T210 Multifunction Wireless Maxi Displays
MAST and RIGGING
- Mast, Boom And Prodder Carbon Fiber
- 2 Sets Tapered Sweptback Spreaders.
- Aluminum Foil Sections
- 1X19 Stainless Steel Wire Rigging, Continuous.
- Adjustable Backstay
- Facnor Jib Roller Furler
- Main, Jib And Spinnaker Halyards.
- Main, Jib And Spinnaker Sheets
- Main Outhaul, Cunningham and Boom Vang
- Keel Hoist
- BETTS aftermarket rudder
Carbon Fiber Mast
Carbon Fiber Boom
Carbon Fiber Rudder (Betts Upgrade)
Carbon Fiber Tiller
Carbon Fiber Sprit
- Ullman Racing Main - 2017
- Kevlar Main - Neil Pryde
- Dacron Main - Neil Pryde
- Brand New "in the box" by North - 2018 NEVER USED
- Kevlar by Neil Pride - furling
- Dacron by Neil Pryde - well used
- Old Neil Pryde
- Ullman - Regatta Only - good condition
- Neil Pryde Code Zero - used in one regatta - 2018
I : 39.25 ft
J : 12.08 ft
P : 40.00 ft
E : 14.58 ft
- First - Many Wednesday Night Series Races
- First - Faulkner Island Race 2014
- First - Faulkner Island Race 2015 (Division and overall)
- First - Frost Point Challenge 2015 (Pequot YC, Cedar Point YC, Saugatuck YC, Black Rick YC)
- Second - Frost Point Challenge 2014 (Pequot YC, Cedar Point YC, Saugatuck YC, Black Rick YC)
- First Place Flying Tiger - Block Island Race Week 2013
- Second Place Flying Tiger - Block Island Race Week 2015
NOTE: #81 was not put in the water and rigged until 2012 by the current owner. He started racing her in 2013 and actively raced her thru 2015 and did very well with her. He ran into some health issues and did not sail her in 2016. She went back in the water for the 2017 season but by then he had lost a bunch of his crew. He work on recruiting and training new crew for 2017 and 2018 season. The boat did not go back in the water for the 2019 season for personal reasons. The boat has been lightly used and is in very good condition.
PLEASE NOTE: IF NOT SOLD BEFORE 11/22/2019 THE BOAT WILL BE MOVED UP TO THE OWNER'S PROPERTY IN UP STATE NY ("IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE !!") AND STORED ON IT'S TRAILER IN HIS BARN. NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE AN OFFER.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Prospective Purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing that are NOT SPECIFICALLY noted or described on this listing sheet are NOT INCLUDED as part of the sale and or asking price.
cheap and easy