2006 J Boats J/124
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Alameda, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 189,000
This beautiful J/124 features many upgrades and has been well outfitted and customized for inshore racing and daysailing. A navigator's dream, she features a recently installed B&G H 5000 system with custom fabricated stainless screen encasement and helm station wheel mount and waterproof touch pad, along with controls to display both chartplotter and Expedition. For the audiophile, she features a Bowers and Wilkinson stereo system with indoor and outdoor speakers.
She’s been well maintained, with all new shrouds and rod rigging in 2017, upgraded winches and a full asymmetrical and symmetrical setup and kit.
From its large carbon wheel to the fine teak joinery work and Ultra suede upholstery below, or simply by the smooth, graceful way it slides through the water, the J/124 is every bit a sailing yacht… in the best sense of the word. One that is a joy to sail in all conditions with minimal crew.
Yet, J/124’s focus on short-handed sailing qualities doesn’t preclude many days of offshore coastal sailing. Her narrow beam and low center-of-gravity are hallmarks of seaworthiness.
J/124 is a true escape…away from all the trappings and chores of home. Little-used amenities and complex cruising systems are discouraged where possible. But, all the important stuff is there:
A full function galley; 6 feet of headroom; three separate sleeping areas; a cockpit made secure with 14” high backrests and seats that are long enough to sleep on, make Spirit of Freedom not only a joy to sail but a commodious and welcoming escape for family and friends.
Please contact Bill Colombo at 510-523-8500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Spirit of Freedom
Warranty: 10 years
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 9 in
Beam: 11 ft 4 in
LWL: 36 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 11 in
Displacement: 12600 lbs
Ballast: 5000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 12600 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar 2GM 20F
Engine Model: Yanmar 2GM 20F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Hull and Deck
- Sunbrella Wheel cover (Gray)
- Large 12' Cockpit (seating for 8 people) made secure with 14” high backrests and seats that are long enough to sleep on.
- Fiberglass hull & decks; white gel coat hull, black boot stripe, white cabin tops with sand colored non-skid decks.
- Solid Teak port and starboard toe rails
- Ronstan sheet bags
- Light & ventilation provided by 3 hatches, 3 opening ports with Screens
- Teak and Holly cockpit sole
- Fin keel w/bulb -Spade rudder
- Bow & stern pulpits
- Stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines
- Port, starboard, stern boarding gates
- Port & starboard seat lockers
- Large starboard Lazarette locker for holding gear, lines etc.
- Stern-mounted swim ladder/with fresh water wash down
Deck Hardware and Rigging
- All shrouds and rod rigging replaced in 2017
- Hall Carbon mast W/ Antal track
- Hall quick vang
- Sail Tech hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Spinlock halyard rope clutches
- 2 Lewmar 48 ST primary winches
- 2 Lewmar 44 ST halyard winches
- 2 Lewmar 44 ST mainsheet winches
- Symmetrical spin pole
- Custom asymmetrical sprit
- Custom Harken below deck furler
- Harken jib lead adjusters
- Harken traveller
IJPE : 754.00 sq ft
I : 49.00 ft
J : 14.00 ft
P : 48.33 ft
E : 17.00 ft
Working Sail Area : 754.00 sq ft
Full suit of all Pineapple sails:
- Carbon fiber mainsail with flicker
- Asymmetrical spinnaker
- Reaching Asymmetrical spinnaker
- Symmetrical Spinnaker with Sprit of Freedom logo
- Reaching Symmetrical Spinnaker
- Working jib
- 105% AP Jib used with inhaul system
- 155% Genoa
Electronics and instrumentation
Instrumentation: All new in 2017
- B&G H 5000 Hercules CPU
- 3 20/20 mast displays
- 1 mast GFD
- 2 GFD's in the Sea Hood
- 1 Triton 2 in the Sea Hood
- B&G 16" Glass Helm displays in a custom SS Helm station wheel mount
- The Touchscreen is connected to the chart plotter
- Built in water proof Touch Pad for the computer
- Zeus 2 Glass Helm CPU
- Full AC and DC Instrument panels
- 110 shore power W/ cord
- Xantrex battery charger
- 110 V & 12V circuit breaker panels
- 2 110 V outlets in head
- 2 110 V outlets in galley
- 2 110 V GFI outlets at nav station
Manufacturer Provided Description
The J/124’s focus on short-handed sailing qualities doesn’t preclude many days of offshore coastal sailing. Her narrow beam and low center-of-gravity are hallmarks of seaworthiness. All the important stuff is there: An adequate galley and chart table; the accessible top-loading icebox; 6 feet of headroom; three separate sleeping areas; a dodger for all-weather protection; and a cockpit made secure with 14” high backrests and seats that are long enough to sleep on. The high-tech composite hull evolves from J’s that have dominated IRC competition in Europe over the past three years. The Hall Spars mast and ACC rudder are carbon fiber.
The Main cabin is appointed in Cherry and Teak Panels and white formica tops for easy care and brightness. All Upholstery is Indigo blue Ultrasuede for an elegant bristol look and a durable long life.
The Varnished Sole is Teak and Holly with teak edging. The sole is securely screwed down and looks like new.
2 burner Force 10 LPG stove
Large polished Scandvik deep sink with Hot and Cold pressure water and foot pump.
Sea Frost efrigerator
The Nav Station has a large chart area and a Teak Chart rack. The large instrument console has room for a Raymarine c-120 Radar and GPS plotter, VHF and Music Radio and full Breakered Electrical Panel, with room to spare for more. Below the Instruments are drawers.
The Aft Stateroom Bunk is perfect for a guests, with a hanging locker for gear
The Forward V Berth is queen Bed sized, with a large hanging locker, chest of drawers and volumes of storage under the bed. The interior is lit by Chrome fixtures and low voltage LED lighting.
The Aft Head has a Shower and large (hop in) door for access to the huge Sbd. cockpit locker.
Head located stbd side aft with water closet, wash basin and access door to cockpit locker
Aft Cabin with with quarter berth, locker to port
Forward cabin located thru varnished louvered teak doors, double V Berth, hanging locker, vanity
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sail California
San Diego, CA, United States
J/125 J 125
Alameda, CA, United States
Alameda, CA, United States
J/105 J 105
Alameda, CA, United States