2006 Bavaria 33 Cruiser
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Barcaldine, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 44,500 (US$ 57,770)
- Sale Pending
The Bavaria 33 Cruiser is a deceptively larger 33' cruiser. A development of the successful Bavaria 32 the model had a relatively short production run. With a greater displacement and considerably larger sail area than her predecessor the design sails well with improved handling in heavier seas.
A well presented and lightly used example of the class DROOKIT is offered for sale with a complete inventory which includes:
- Volvo Penta D1-20 engine
- Shore power system
- Holding tank
- Webasto thermostatically controlled cabin heating
- Raymarine chart plotter, instruments and VHF
- Honda outboard engine
Currently lying ashore DROOKIT is available for viewing by prior arrangement, in line with the latest government guidelines.
Please contact Mark Cameron at +44 (0)7988763254
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bavaria Yachts
Designer: J&J Designs
LOA: 10.65 m
Beam: 1.85 m
LWL: 10.25 m
Maximum Draft: 3.48 m
Displacement: 5390 kgs
Ballast: 1450 kgs
Total Power: 19 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: D1-20
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 19 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (250 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (180 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 1 (60 Liters)
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
'As a replacement for the extremely popular Bavaria 32, the 33 Cruiser, while being a departure in many areas, still retains that real “yacht” feel that was a major component of the success of the 32. At 34’3” overall, the 33 Cruiser boasts almost 150 sq. ft. more sail area. Set on over four feet more mast height, the enhanced performance potential sets it even further apart from the competition. A fuller hull shape allows for increased interior volume, while two fixed hull ports and two skylights aft of the mast accentuate the lighter mahogany interior wood finish.'
- Single piece GRP moulded hull.
- Sandwich type construction above the waterline, solid GRP below.
- Kevlar reinforced bow sections.
- GRP moulded internal structural matrix including floors and stringers, fully bonded to hull with GRP overlays.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Single piece GRP moulded deck with integrated self-draining cockpit and superstructure.
- Hand consolidated sandwich GRP construction.
- Moulding finished in white gelcoat with blue style stripe.
- Decks and coachroof finished with moulded non-slip textured panels.
- Teak laid panels finish cockpit seating and sole.
- Anodised alloy toerail with integrated fair leads.
- Spade rudder, GRP construction
- Stainless steel rudder stock
- Self aligning rudder bearings.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta D1-20 marine diesel engine.
- 19HP @3200RPM
- Three cylinder, naturally aspirated, indirectly cooled.
- Volvo Penta Sail Drive.
- Single lever morse control.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine serviced 2019 (boat not launched 2020)
- Cruising speed 6kts.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2 blade fixed alloy prop.
- Wheel steering with cables.
- 12VDC onboard power
- 240VAC shore power connection
- Single 16 amp connection
- Extension lead to connect shore power supply.
- Hardwired RCD protected system
- Engine Bank - 1x 12v, lead acid type.
- Domestic Bank - 2x 12v, 140Ah lead acid type.
- Engine driven 55 amp
- Split charging diode to regulate alternator
- 240VAC – 12VDC charger.
- Analogue gauge on switch panel.
- Guage can read both battery banks.
- Pressurised hot and cold water system.
- Monobloc mixer faucets in galley and heads.
- Heads faucet extending to serve as shower.
- Deck shower fitting at aft end of cockpit.
- 1x Manual bilge pump
- 1x Electric bilge pump, auto and manual switching.
- Single plastic diesel tank.
- Approximate 180ltr capacity.
- Single plastic freshwater tank.
- Approximate 250ltr capacity.
- Single plastic holding tank
- Approximate 60ltr capacity.
- Insulated tank
- Heating by engine or 240VAC immersion heater.
- Analogue gauge on ships switch panel.
Navigation & Communication Equipment
- Chart plotter – Raymarine C70
- Log/Speed/Depth – Raymarine ST60 Tridata
- Wind – Raymarine ST60
- Magnetic Compass – Plastimo Olympic 135
- DSCVHF – Raymarine RAY 54E DSC VHF
- Navtex – NASA Clipper
- Galley Stove – Bavaria Yachts two burner and oven gas cooker
- Single stainless steel sink.
- Monobloc mixer faucet.
- Jabsco manual marine toilet.
- Discharge overboard or via holding tank.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto 3500, diesel fired blown air system.
- 3 outlets
- Thermostatic cabin controller.
- Built-in top-loading unit in galley.
- Waeco 12VDC aircooled compressor.
- Incandescent overhead lighting throughout interior.
- Reading lights in way of bunks.
- Sony Radio/CD/MP3 head unit
- Speakers in saloon and cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Two double cabins.
- Two occasional single berths in saloon.
- Heads compartment with shower.
- Joinery work constructed from a mahogany type hardwood with a varnish finish.
- Teak and holly laminate finish sole boards.
- GRP moulded head linning
- Light blue upholstery throughout.
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- Large double V-bunk.
- Storage shelves running the length of the bunks outboard overhead.
- Hanging locker at aft end of cabin to port with shelved locker to starboard.
- Light and ventilation provided by large opening deck hatch.
- Bin type lockers provided beneath bunks.
- Occupying full beam of the boat.
- Bench seating port and starboard which converts to two occasional single bunks.
- Large centrally mounted double drop leaf saloon table.
- Storage lockers provide outboard of bunks overhead.
- Seating backs can be lifted to access cave type lockers port and starboard.
- Additional bin type lockers provided beneath starboard bunk.
- Located to Port side of companionway.
- L-shaped galley with fiddled worktop.
- Single stainless steel sink forward inboard
- Top loading fridge under worktop, outboard of sink.
- Gimbal mounted two-burner gas cooker aft.
- Storage provided beneath work surface with additional lockers outboard.
- Located to Starboard side of companionway.
- Partial bulkhead to separate from saloon.
- Forward facing chart table with navigators seat.
- Storage provided in table for charts with bosuns drawers and lockers beneath.
- Navtex and VHF mounted outboard of chart table.
- Ships switch panel outboard of navigators seating.
- Accessed through galley.
- Large double berth extending under cockpit sole.
- Storage shelf running length of bunk outboard.
- Hanging and storage locker provided at forward end of cabin.
- Separate heads compartment to starboard immediately aft of chart table.
- Easy clean moulded compartment with drained shower sump sole.
- Forward facing manual marine toilet located aft.
- Wash hand basin and countertop outboard forward.
- Vanity lockers outboard of countertop.
- Twin spreader 9/10ths fractional, double spreader sloop rig.
- Mast and spars by Selden in silver anodised alloy.
- Standing rigging of 1x19 stainless steel with roll swage terminals.
- Selden 200S Furlex roller reefing system for Genoa.
- Slab reefing mainsail
- Gas strut type kicker.
- All lines lead aft to cockpit except Genoa halyard.
- Spinlock rope clutches to control lines lead aft.
- Chafe tubes fitted on cap shoruds at deck level.
- Mast mounted radar reflector.
- Lazy jacks.
- All winches stripped and serviced June 2020.
- Primary Winches - 2x Lewmar 30, two speed, self-tailing.
- Halyard Winches - 2x Lewmar 16, two speed, self-tailing.
- Mainsail – White dacron. Slab reefing genoa.
- Genoa – White dacron, roller reefing.
- Windscreen covers
- Bridge deck and Flybridge dodgers
- Flybridge cover
- Flybridge cushions
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Bower Anchor – Danforth type anchor with 60m chain rode.
- Electric Anchor Windlass – Quick electric windlass, plug in remote control on foredeck, remote control switch on pedestal in cockpit.
- Mooring warps – Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Inflatable dinghy, very lightly used.
- Outboard – 2.5hp Honda four-stroke.
- Decks and coachroof finished in non-slip textured panels.
- Alloy toerail with integrated fairleads.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit railings.
- Plastic coated stainless steel guardwires running the length of the decks, supported with alloy stanchions.
- Guardwire gates port and starboard.
- Port and starboard alloy mooring cleats forward, midships & aft.
- Single stemhead roller.
- Self-draining anchor locker, accessed through deck hatch.
- Stainless steel grabrails on coachroof aft of mast.
- Moulded cockpit coamings.
- Laid teak panels to finish cockpit sole and seats.
- Wrap around cockpit seating.
- Large cockpit locker below starboard seating.
- Moulded GRP pedestal with built in instrument pod and teak topped folding table.
- Storage locker within table.
- Suede covered stainless steel steering wheel.
- Removable seat section centrally aft creating walk-thru entrance from transom.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Low level navigation lights.
- Mast mounted steaming light and deck flood.
- Mast head Tri-colour
- Liferaft – 4 person cannister raft, mounted on pushpit rail – OUT OF SERVICE
- EPIRB – OUT OF SERVICE
In this case we are acting as brokers only.
The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Mark Cameron Yachts
Craobh Haven, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Ardfern, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Oban, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Crinan, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Ardfern, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom