2006 Moody 56
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
Designed for serious blue water cruising, the Moody 56 is a centre-cockpit yacht that is eminently capable of exploring the world?s oceans. Cutting through an expanse of ocean under full sail ? this is where the Moody 56 is in her element. Sailing her is certainly an experience to be relished. Engineered for stiffness and immensely strong, yet light enough to maintain optimum performance across the full range of ocean cruising conditions, no aspect of her design has been compromised. The balance and power of her underwater sections and lead keel certainly give superb sail carrying ability and stability for swift passage times. Her sail plan, on Seldén?s triple spreader rig, includes a cutter rig with self-tacking stay sail. Power, of course, has to be harnessed, and the Moody 56 can be sailed by just two people. Furling for the cutter rig and electrically powered primary winches are standard equipment, as is a 10hp bow thruster to aid manoeuvrability when mooring.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 58 ft 1 in
Beam: 15 ft 11 in
LWL: 46 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Displacement: 44132 lbs
Ballast: 14960 lbs
Dry Weight: 44132 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x 100 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (210 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (150 Gallons)
- Wheel steering pedestal, Whitlock Reflex with pedestal mounted compass
- Engine instrument and starting panel pedestal mounted
- Bow thruster control pedestal mounted
- Cockpit seats and sole finished in teak
- Cockpit table
- Stainless steel grab handles each side of companionway
- Optional GRP doghouse will be offered over the for?d section of the cockpit with stainless Steel edged screens and windows.
- Interior furniture to be finished in a choice of attractive timber finishes, teak or cherry.
- Two engine driven alternators, one 110amp
- 24 volt alternator charging four heavy duty
- 24 volt batteries for yachts main electrical system plus four heavy duty 24 volt batteries for winch systems plus one 50amp 12 volt alternator charging heavy duty 12 volt battery for yachts main engine circuit
- 240/220 Volt (or 110 volt if specified) shore support system with ring main, 40 amp 24 volt battery charger plus, 20 amp 12 volt charger shore powered sockets and immersion heater coil to calorifier hot water tank
- Batteries wired through isolator switches and distribution panel incorporating circuit breaker switches, indicator lights, battery state indicator, fuel and water gauges.
- Separate isolator switches for engine and domestic circuits
- Navigation lights, deck flood light and steaming light
- Lighting in all accommodation areas with overhead downlights independently switched reading lights and recessed pelmet lights, floor level courtesy lighting
- Cathodic protection with hull mounted anode.
- Large U shaped galley, one step down from saloon
- Twin sinks in Avonite worktop, sinks fitted with electric pump out
- Large stainless steel lined front opening refrigerator plus separate top opening stainless steel lined freezer
- Gimballed 4 burner cooker complete with crash bar
- Microwave, wired to shore power circuit
- Extractor fan built in above cooker
- Generous work top space with deeply fiddled edges
- Stowage lockers for food, crockery, pots and pans plus cutlery drawers.
- Yanmar 4JH3-UT(B)E (100hp 73.6kw) 4 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine driving through reduction gearbox, bronze P bracket and 3 bladed feathering propeller
- Engine instrument panel mounted in cockpit
- Fuel supply from tank fitted with remote fuel shut off cocks
- Sound insulated engine compartment
- Automatic fire extinguisher
- Thermostatically controlled blown ventilation to engine space
- Space available for generator installation.
Hull and Deck
- Hand laid glassfibre construction with isophthalic gelcoat backed by initial lay up of powder bound mat and isophthalic resin
- Balsa cored sandwich construction for increased panel stiffness and optimum weight distribution
- Hull stiffened by bonded in bulkheads plus frames and stringers
- Underwater sections from stem to keel further stiffened by utilising an Aramid (Kevlar) laminate to increase impact resistance
- Transom includes powered hinge down transom door/swimming platform
- Swept teak laid ring deck plus for?d and after coachroof areas
- Deck stiffened with balsa core, with plywood backing pads in way of deck fittings
- Deck edge incorporates raised bulwark with teak cap rail
- Inset cavita line in topsides
- Painted boot top, waterline and antifouling.
- Electronic speed/log and echo sounder
- Electric windlass, 25Kg Delta anchor, 40 metres calibrated chain
- Automatic bilge pump, plus manual bilge pump
- Switch over valve allows engine bay to be pumped from ships bilge pump
- Stereo radio/CD Player
- 3 dry powder fire extinguishers plus automatic extinguisher in engine bay
- Mooring warps, fenders, emergency tiller, folding sprayhood top to windscreen
- 2 Directors chairs.
- Optional Layout to Starboard Guest Cabin
- An option of creating an office work station is offered in this cabin
- A hinge up single berth is fitted at mid height and a work station/desk plus locker units are fitted through out this area.
- Electric powered self tailing genoa sheet winches (Lewmar 64CEST)
- Secondary winches (Lewmar 40CST)
- Mainsheet and staysail sheet winch (Lewmar 48CST)
- Mainsail control line winch (Lewmar 44CST)
- Mainsheet traveller winches (Lewmar 16CST)
- Mast mounted halliard winch
- Genoa sheet tracks with adjustable cars and traveller lines led aft to jamming turning blocks
- Genoa sheet turning blocks
- Staysail sheeted to self tacking track
- Mainsail control lines led aft through deck organisers and individual rope clutches.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.
Please enter a valid name!
Please enter a valid email address!
RE: Moody 56
Message cannot be empty!