2006 Krogen Express 52
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- London, Greater London, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 799,000
AMUSANT is a lovely Krogen Express 52’, and the only one available that is designed to operate comfortably on any power system worldwide! It is also a yacht that is extremely manageable by a couple who want to cruise without crew, and for long term live aboard in comfort – gourmet galley, lovely cherry woodwork, raised pilothouse for inclement weather situations, flybridge with duplicate navigational instrumentation, and of course, an exceptional engine room. AMUSANT is ready for another adventure. For a potential US buyer, the owner has received shipping quotes of $35,000 for East Coast USA delivery.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Please contact Jennifer Stewart at +1 (401) 855-8404
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Krogen Express Yachts
Designer: James Krogen
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement
LOA: 57 ft 6 in
Beam: 15 ft 11 in
LWL: 51 ft 4 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 12 in
Displacement: 19504 kgs
Total Power: 880 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LY2A
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 440 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LY2A
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 440 HP
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
This one owner Jade Mist Green Krogen Express 52’, has cruised from Maine to the Abaccos, from Oslo to Turkey, with a complete tour of the Med & Adriatic Sea. She has cruised down the Rhine and out the Danube. AMUSANT is offered by her owner in London, in ‘cruise away’ condition. She is fully equipped including a complete suite of Raymarine electronics, Yacht controller for safer single hand operation and a fuel polishing system. AMUSANT will be sold with everything necessary to head down the Thames and across the Channel to your dream adventures on the European continent.
It has been a wonderful experience, and the owner would be happy to redeliver the boat to the Med for a new owner, any excuse!
Having purchased our Krogan 52 Express after only few years of fun on a 20 foot runabout – and then deciding to retirement and cruise Europe was quite a learning curve. One thing we learned immediately is how Mother Nature can change your well formulated plans in about five seconds. Part of the fun cruising through Europe is the crossing of borders, all of whom have their own culture, and what wonderful people we met in every port. The language barrier can be a little difficult at times, as we obviously did something wrong in a French lock, but to this day, have no idea why we were scolded so harshly! What we have learned from cruising on board AMUSANT for more than 2000 miles is that is better to take the time to stop and stare at every opportunity, because a passing glance will only make you wish you had slowed down for more. AMUSANT has been a fantastic yacht for our retirement dreams, and hope that her new owner will enjoy her just as much.
- Adjustable trim tabs.
- Semi displacement configuration.
- Twin spade rudders of stainless steel.
- Hydraulic steering.
- Dark green Awlgrip.
- SST capped GRP rubbing strake.
- 26” four blade props nibral, on 2” stainless steel shafts.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
Designed by James Krogen, the KE52 combines classic, timeless style with exceptional seakeeping and efficiency. Her plumb stem, raised bow and broad beam forward allow her to slice through the waves with ease while providing surprising space in her accommodations. Her low profile allows her to get under bridges as low as 15’ and with a draft of just 4’, she’ll take you places most 50 footers won’t. Her semi-displacement hull delivers trawler efficiency at displacement speeds with true cruise capabilities in the mid-to-upper teens. And her generous keel provides stability and protection for her twin 26x26 propellers.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 2 x Yanmar 6LY2A STP turbocharge diesel, 6 cylinder (M56092/M56093) on flexible mountings, 440 HP total which can be easily accessed all round.
- An exceptional walk-in, stand-up engine room.
- The engines are fired by dedicated Lifeline AGM starting batteries and drive through matched Twin Disc transmissions.
- Structure-born noise and vibration is well controlled with the standard Aqua Drive systems.
- The 12kw Northern Lights (1220 hrs) genset sits on the centreline and is easily accessible.
- A Reverso system is connected to both engines, both transmissions, and the genset to make for easy fluid changes, while a fuel transfer pump makes equalizing the tanks a breeze.
- A fuel polishing system equipped with AC pump and 2 micron Racor filter provide the cleanest fuel possible to your engines.
- Fuel tanks breathers are fitted in aluminum to the side of the hull.
- The water tanks and diesel fuel levels can be easily assessed with convenient sight glasses.
- An automatic fire suppression system, freshwater wash down and storage for tools and supplies above and alongside the water tanks are additional features.
- Cruis Air reverse-cycle A/C systems is Located underneath the GSR.
- In the same compartment is a 75 litres stainless steel water heater which is supplemented with heat from the main engines.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx. 3200 hours on main engines.
- Engines last serviced: 6 hours ago – Injectors pulled and rebuilt.
- Cruising speed – approx 15 knots @ 2750rpm, 9 knots at 1650 rpm
- Maximum speed – approx. 20 knots
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 18 litres per hour 9 knots
- Range @ cruising speed , approximately:
- 6 knots, 4850 nm
- 7 knots, 3300 nm
- 7.5 knots, 3000 nm
- 8 knots, 2500 nm
- 9 knots, 1200 nm
- 15 knots, 850 nm
Propulsion & Steering:
- Vetus 24V Electric bow thruster.
- ELECTRONICS: (note that both steering stations are duplicated) and all new 2012 including Raymarine transducers and Class B AIS.
- 12v system.
- 115V for internal appliances and outlets.
- Note the galley appliances (toaster, kettle, cappuccino maker) are included.
- Beneath the salon are the 2000 watt Mastervolt inverter, 80 amp Mastervolt charge, 1,200 amp hour house battery bank, and Cablemaster drum storage.
- Generator, Northern Lights 12 k – 1306 hours.
- All conversion are possible with: 8Kw Asea conversion system (transforms power worldwide).
- Tanks are positioned in engine compartment outboard of engines.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water is heated by a Calorifier (also fitted with an electric immersion heater).
- Electric fresh water pump.
- 4 x automatic electric bilge pumps.
- Total capacity of 600 gallons in 2 equal aluminum tanks
- 2 x Stainless steel water tanks, 300 gallons total
Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 100 gallons holding tanks made from fiberglass.
- Magnetic steering compasses in wheelhouse and on flybridge.
- 2 x E127 Raymarine chart plotter, 2012
- Raymarine 4ft open array HD radar, 2012
- i70 Instrument display panel, 2012
- P70 Pilot controller, 2012
- Raymarine AIS 650 Class B Transceiver, 2012
- ICOM M505E VHF radio, 2012
- ICOM CommandMic III, 2012
- Raymarine Smartcontroller remote, 2012
- Yacht Controller (with battery and signal indicator)
- Force 10 cooker with three burners and oven.
- Large electric refrigerator/freezer in galley.
- 2 x vacuum heads with freshwater flush, Vacuflush.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 3 x alum propane tanks, stored in GRP compartment on stbd side of flybridge, venting overboard.
- CruisAir reversible air conditioning / heating system installed beneath the forward cabin.
- 47’’ TV in master cabin and sound bar with subwoofer in stateroom.
- 21’’ TV in salon.
- CD player.
- Fusion 700.
- 4 zone 3 remotes sound system.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 7 berths in 2 cabins (Pilot house double, Pull down single and double in guest room, UK King size Double master)
- Boarding a Krogen Express couldn’t be easier with a large transom door and wide boarding gates on either side of the spacious, covered cockpit.
- Ample storage for lines and fenders, cleaning supplies, two folding bicycles and more is provided by the cavernous lazarette below.
- Entering the saloon through double, watertight aluminum doors, her owners are treated to an inviting blonde cherry wood interior. Along with her sumptuous joinery, old world craftsmanship is obvious with the quality of her appointments and overall exceptional fit and finish.
- Legendary Krogen livability is evidenced by the large side windows and generous headroom along with the integral galley-up design.
- Two Norwegian Stressless chairs to port and an L-settee to starboard are perfectly situated for enjoying the built-in 24’’ TV.
- Passarelle, composite carbon fiber, 2 meters, 11kg.
- Cockpit table and four chairs for al fresco dining
- Teak flooring in cockpit.
- Cockpit Shower.
Description of layout:
- Located to starboard, the comfortable L-shaped settee has storage beneath and a nice end table forward. The hi-lo table has leaves that fold out for expanded seating capacity.
- The 52’s gourmet galley is located up where her chef can always be part of the action.
- She’s well equipped for meal preparation with a 3-burner, Force 10 propane range, 14 cu. ft refrigerator, GE microwave oven, and deep Elkay sink with pullout sprayer faucet.
- Neutral Corian countertops are elegant and easy to maintain and will complement any decor, and the raised section is ideal for serving the crew.
- A traditional round port light provides ventilation while abundant storage ensures a good home can be found for all provisions.
- Beneath the port side bookcase, the U-line ice maker frees up space in the ice box and ensures drinks will be well chilled.
- The centerline helm console in the raised pilothouse is the place to operate AMUSANT when the weather is not kindly.
- The completely integrated Raymarine system includes video signal from two aft facing cameras, all within easy reach from the fine ultraleather Stidd helm chair.
- Enjoy the custom, handcrafted Cherry helm wheel.
- Controls for the dual trumpet Kahlenberg horns, three speed and intermittent Exalto wiper/washer system, Maxwell windlass and Bennett trim tabs are all close at hand.
- Music is provided by an amplified AM/FM CD system and Fusion AV 700 series.
- To starboard, a spacious counter for unfolding full size paper charts and two full size drawers. There is also a counter to port.
- The pilothouse watch berth is elevated for optimal forward visibility, long enough for naps underway, and converts to a ¾ double berth to accommodate overnight guests.
- A table provides a convenient work surface and wall mounted reading lamps make this an ideal location to retire with a good book.
- Above the settee, a colour coordinated half hull model showcases her elegant lines and efficient, seaworthy form.
- Beneath the settee are several small lockers for equipment storage.
- High quality, weather-tight Dutch doors lead directly to the wide side decks while stairs to port of the settee allow convenient access to the flybridge.
- High-tech, optically clear film on all large windows provides sun protection while inside mounted Textilenen screens with snaps outside and Hunter Douglas accordion blinds on saloon windows offers optional privacy.
- Full double berth.
- Located inboard is a large desk with drawers.
- A deep hanging locker and huge drawers under the settee provide ample storage.
- Two port lights and a screened hatch overhead make the guest state room light and airy while three wall-mounted lamps allow for reading at night.
- All full head, complete with stand-up shower, is located across the companionway.
- A true UK king island berth with a TempurPedic mattress is the centerpiece of the master stateroom.
- With over 7’ of headroom and light provided by the 4 ports and a large deck hatch, the MSR feels surprisingly generous for a motor yacht this size.
- Hanging lockers and smaller cubbies to port and starboard.
- 6 deep drawers under the berth.
- A dresser with both drawers and shelved storage ensure her owners have ample room for their belongings.
- A power lift raises the berth to reveal cavernous storage beneath along with dedicated battery bank for the windlass and bow thruster.
- The ensuite head features a molded fiberglass shower stall with a seat, Vacuflush head.
Flybridge & Boat Deck
- A frameless venture windscreen deflects air above the captain sitting in the comfortable, raised centerline Stidd helm chair.
- Navigation support includes a helm station duplicate to the pilot house.
- The 4’open radar array and satellite TV dome are mounted on a sturdy but stylish aluminum spar-style.
- Shaded by a colour coordinated Sunbrella bimini top, the L-settee with matching cushions provides ample seating for crew and guests and contains storage beneath for the extensive canvas package.
- Situated aft of the settee, the open boat deck will easily accommodate a set of folding teak chairs and serves as access to the complimenting white luxury tender. This is the ideal place to enjoy that cup of morning coffee or catch a beautiful evening sunset.
- Stainless steel pulpit.
- Handrails fitted to wheelhouse and flybridge.
- Electric windshield wipers.
- HDC100-2 hydraulic crane on flybridge for launching rigid inflatable.
- Raw water and fresh water anchor washdown.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 65 lbs anchor on stemhead.
- 100ft of chain and 300ft of line
- 32 lbs Fortress kedge anchor with 300’ of warp.
- Stainless mooring cleats on aft deck, amidships and foredeck.
- 24V Maxwell electric windlass.
- Dock lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sunbrella bimini top.
Tender & Outboard:
- 11’ AB DLX deluxe tender, with a raised console and seating for 4, is powered by a 25hp Yamaha 4-stroke outboard motor (just serviced and unused at time of listing) and launched with the fully hydraulic davit.
- Swim ladder.
- Stainless steel stanchions and guard rails.
- Assorted lifejackets.
- Doughnut buoy in cockpit lazarette (not mounted)
- Seafire FE241 Automatic CO2 extinguisher in engine room.
- 1 x C02 extinguisher in engine room and four portables extinguishers in cabins.
- Personal effects.
- Binoculars, personal navigational items.
- Chelsea clock and barometer attached to wall in pilot house.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.