2006 Catalina 440
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Holland, MI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 249,000
Wonderful fresh water one owner boat with great options.
Please contact Henry DeJong at (616) 335-3144
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 44 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 0 in
Displacement: 25528 lbs
Ballast: 8600 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 567
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (176 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (55 Gallons)
A Cruiser’s Dream
This all-fresh-water sailing vessel is outfitted for extended cruising. Powered by a Yanmar 75 HP diesel (567 hrs), equipped with a Panda 8 KW diesel gen set (<50 hrs), with Kato davits supporting a 9’ Achilles hard bottom dinghy tender with a Yamaha 9.9 HP outboard, one can be self-sufficient for long periods. The North Channel and Georgian Bay beckon. And Sea Cure has been there so she knows the way!
Also equipped with a full cockpit enclosure, both vinyl for warmth up north and screen to keep the black flies and mosquitos out in warmer weather.
For winter storage a full canvas cover for outside mast up storage keeps down the year-to-year overhead.
The Catalina-Morgan 440 was voted the Best Production Cruiser from 40 to 45 feet. The 440 has a raised deck salon that takes advantage of scenic views through large salon windows while sailing or at anchor. Designer Gerry Douglas created a very comfortable and fast blue water cruiser.
One owner since June, 2006, this vessel was chosen by newly retired sailors wanting to cruise the Great Lakes and live aboard between trips. The amenities make living aboard very enjoyable. Salon seating with two recliners with extendable leg rests was a big selling point for the owners. The original small flip-down analog TV in the salon was recently upgraded to a smart TV which can stream movies, etc, form marina Wifi.
Two heads service a generous forward and a large aft cabin with very comfortable mattresses and lots of storage
The salon dining area table is motorized to lower the table so a cushion insert turns it into a comfortable sleeping area.
Starboard of the aft cabin is a large work/storage area with a space wired and plumbed for a compact washer/dryer. There is access to this area from the cockpit. Farther aft is a large space under the cockpit for additional storage.
A large cockpit has a table, cushions, cockpit shower and easy acces to the swim platform and ladder. There is a large storage locker aft (under the helm seat) with access from the swim platform. There is DC power at the helm.
Sea Cure has in-mast furling main. The cockpit power winch handles all of the control lines which are led aft to the cockpit making it easy for a couple to control. With autopilot single-handed control is very doable
The foresail is a 135% genoa also easy to deploy and furl from the cockpit. Both sails have been recently cleaned and stitching checked and repaired as needed. There is an extra halyard for spinnaker rigging. No spinnaker in the sail inventory.
A Sidepower bow thruster with remote makes docking and handling worry free.
All maintenance has been handled by the Eldean Shipyard marina where Sea Cure has been moored since 2008.
In 2007 nearby lightning strike flux caused damage to all the electronics. The Raymarine E-120 chart plotter, tri-data, wind instrument, auto pilot, radar, inverter were all replaced and have all worked fine since. There was no damage to the hull from the nearby lightning. Sea Cure is equipped with Sirius for weather (subscription not included).
In 2016 during a trip to the North Channel and Georgian Bay a collision with a submerged rock caused some minor damage to the bow and keel, but we sailed and motor-sailed 400 miles back to home marina for repairs which are complete.
Sea Cure is in tip-top shape, Bristol condition for avid sailors who also want comfortable live-aboard conditions.
Sea Cure has had exceptional care and maintenance. She presents an excellent value at $264,900. Call Holland Yacht Sales in Macatawa, MI, (near Holland, MI) for more information and a showing.
Sea Cure's galley is conveniently located to the starboard at the salon level as you come down the companionway. The large U-shaped galley has all the amenities, a great view through the large windows and ample storage areas.
- Gimballed Princess three burner propane stove with oven
- Deep stainless steel double sink with single lever mixing valve
- Tappan microwave oven
- Pull-out cutting board
- Trash bin under top companionway step
- Solid surface counter tops
- Stainless steel lined well insulated freezer - top loading - 12V/120V
- Front loading refrigerator - 12V/120V
- Overhead galley storage cabinet with glass storage underneath
- Large top loading dry storage locker
Mechanical and Electrical Systems
The boat is powered with the dependable Yanmar 4JH3-TE turbo diesel engine. Engine access is through a large floor hatch in the galley area. For electric service away from the dock the boat is equipped with an upgraded Panda 8 KW diesel generator, which has less the 50 hours. For maneuvering in tight quarters the SidePower bow thruster is great, it also comes with a remote.
- Dual zone Cruisair reverse-cycle air-conditioning with controls in the salon and forward stateroom
- Dual 30 amp shore power with cords
- 120V and 12V service panels with voltmeters
- Dual 12V battery switches for house and engine power
- Xantrex inverter/charger
- Three 8D house and engine start batteries
- Additional battery for the generator
- Bronze intake strainer
- Cockpit propane locker with two cylinders
- Cockpit shower with hot and cold water
- Jabsco automatic bilge pump
- Manual cockpit bilge pump
- Dockside water
- Edson pedestal with Edson wheel
- Emergency tiller
- Maxwell 1200 electric windlass
- Deck light
- Electrically operated salon table
- Acugage tank monitor
- Racor fuel filter
- PYI packless shaft seal
- Yanmar cockpit engine panel with tachometer, engine temperature, volt meter and a fuel gauge
- Bilge blower
- Two Raritan electric heads
- The aft starboard storage area has the space and is plumbed for a compact washer/dryer
Electronics, Safety and Entertainment Systems
- Raymarine E120 radar/GPS/chartplotter display mounted in a NavPod at the helm
- Raymarine ST60+ tridata display
- Raymarine ST60+ wind display
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot
- Icom M-424 VHF with cockpit microphone (2015)
- Raymarine ST60+ data display at the navigation station
- Ritchie compass
- Poly Planar MRD-60 stereo system with cockpit speakers and Bose speakers in the salon
- Poly-Planar CD changer
- Blue Ray CD player
- Recently mounted flatscreen smart TV in salon
Hull and Deck Features
Sea Cure has a white hull with a blue boot strip, the cove stripes are blue and gray. The deck and cabin areas are also white with a gray non-skid. A few of the great features of this boat are wide safe walk-around decks, large salon windows, roomy cockpit and a molded-in swim deck that's great for water activities. The boat has navy blue canvas which includes a dodger and bimini with full enclosures including screens and two sail trim windows.
- Custom cockpit cushions with raised helm seat
- Stern rail seats with cushions and stereo speakers underneath
- Long fold-down swim ladder
- Large bi-fold cockpit table with storage and drink holder
- Hinged companionway door
- Kayto dinghy davits
- Six opening deck hatches including one in the cockpit for the aft stateroom
- Privacy shades and screens for the deck hatches
- Nine opening portlights
- Transom storage locker
- Anchor locker
- Double anchor roller
- Port and starboard boarding gates
- Flag pole
- Aluminum toe rail
- Rub rail
Sails and Rigging
The boat has an aluminum deck stepped double spreader mast. The sails include an in-mast furling mainsail and 135% roller furling genoa. The genoa has a dark blue weather cover.
- Schaefer 3100 roller furling system for the genoa
- Harken #60 CST two speed primary winches
- Harken #44 electric winch on the port cabintop
- Ridged boom vang
- Spinnaker halyard
- Hard bottom Achilles 9' tender with a Yamaha 9.9hp outboard
- Custom canvas winter cover
- 45 lb. CQR anchor with rode
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.