2005 Selene 36
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- San Diego, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 299,000
THIS IS THE ONLY OFFSHORE FULL DISPLACEMENT OCEAN TRAWLER WITH LONG RANGE UNDER 42 FEET LESS THAN $300,000
Zhivago is actually 41'8" LOA and feels like a much larger boat from any other builder. She is a wonderful blend of traditional lines and craftsmanship; and is built to the same exacting standards of design, engineering, construction and finish that make Selene's one of the finest displacement trawlers in the world. Extremely well equipped and ready to go anywhere, this trawler is ideally suited for those who wish to cruise in a safe and luxurious environment. ZHIVAGO HAS 2,500 NAUTICAL MILE RANGE AND HAS BEEN CRUISED FROM BRITISH COLUMBIA TO MEXICO THEN BACK TO SAN DIEGO. SHE IS A FULL DISPLACEMENT TRAWLER.
A FULL DISPLACEMENT TRAWLER PROVIDES RANGE, SAFETY AND COMFORT AT SEA.
UNLIKE OTHER SELENE OCEAN TRAWLERS THE DESIGN OF ZHIVAGO IS DIFFERENT. SHE HAS A PRIVATE, FULL BEAM AFT OWNER'S STATEROOM WITH HEAD AND SEPARATE STALL SHOWER, MIDSHIP MAIN SALON AND FORWARD GUEST STATEROOM WITH HEAD AND SHOWER. BEHIND THE FLYBRIDGE AND DOWN TWO STEPS IS DECK AREA FOR A TENDER.
ZHIVAGO IS A GREAT CHOICE FOR CRUISING THE NORTHWEST OR SOUTH TO MEXICO!
FRESH BOTTOM PAINT - MARCH 2020
NEW LISTING..........PHOTOS TAKEN 4/9/2020
Please contact Wayne Jones 619-890-4203 or email: email@example.com
Please contact Wayne C. Jones at cell 619-890-4203
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Howard Chen
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 41 ft 8 in
Beam: 14 ft 6 in
LWL: 34 ft 11 in
Length on Deck: 36 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 8 in
Displacement: 35700 lbs
Total Power: 230 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: QSB 5.9
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 230 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (500 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (55 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Two staterooms, two heads, salon with galley up and spacious flybridge with plenty of seating make this a most comfortable boat.
Beautiful teak interior with teak and holly sole highlight the classic craftsmanship that is the hallmark of this vessel. The light and spacious salon features the lower helm area with a double wide helm seat, a full galley, entertainment center, upgraded Ultra leather upholstered L-shaped settee, and a burled wood table that comfortably serves four guests.
Separate aft master and forward guest staterooms, each with its own one-piece solid pocket door and separate head ensuite for privacy. Ample storage is provided by the finely crafted cabinetry throughout. The master stateroom is envied by owners of larger vessels for its abundant light, ample headroom, the roominess of a walk-around queen berth and a separate head and shower with towel warmer. The forward stateroom features a large V-berth with insert, plenty of storage and separate head to accommodate your guests.
The aft shower has a watertight 2nd door leading to the nearly standup, sound-insulated engine room, which has plenty of space for working on and accessing the machinery.
Access her from dock with both port or starboard gates or the wide swim step. Secure walkaround with sidedecks and integral bullwarks; entire vessel has strong 1 1/4" SS railing.
Light and ventilated space with this up galley that is laid out for easy access, ample storage and convenience. Appliances include an undercounter Tundra refrigerator,, propane stove and oven. Beautiful teak cabinetry and Corian countertop compliment the classic decor of the salon.
- Overhead hanging cabinets with wine glass storage
- Drawers and cabinets with shelves under counter
- S/S double sinks
- Tundra refrigerator
- Force 10 three burner propane stove and oven w/alarm monitor panel
- Jabsco 12V DC electric exhaust fan above stove
- Panasonic Microwave
Engine / Mechanical
The engine room is as large as most 50 footers, with full walk-around and excellent headroom. Incredibly well laid-out with all lines and systems clearly labeled. Walk-in access is through a watertight door in the master shower. Additional step down access is through a gas cylinder-supported hatch in the galley. Extra large hatch in the salon sole provides exceptional access and natural light.
The Cummins QSB 5.9 230HP diesel will power the boat at 10 knots, but happily cruise her economically at 8. An ESI fuel polishing system keeps fuel clean. The Sidepower 8hp bow thruster makes maneuvering a cinch.
- Deluxe electrical panel w/complete instrumentation and alarms
- Complete engine instrumentation at each control station
- Hynautic hydraulilc engine control system at each helm station
- Aqua #22 S/S propeller shaft (dia 2 1/4")
- PYI dripless shaft seal
- Nibral 4 blade propeller
- Soundown E/R sound insulation system including damping tile, 3" sound insulation foam & aluminum perforated plate
- Jabsco 12V DC 4" engine room blowers
- Full protected FRP rudder w/ S/S #3165 rudder shaft
- ESI fuel polishing system
- Engine overheat and low oil pressure alarm
- FRP drip pan under engine
- Hydraulift FRP wet box muffler
- Sea-Fire engine room fire suppression system
- Watertight door to engine room
- Hurricane Diesel Furnace
- Fluorescent light for E/R
8 KW Northern Lights Generator
Balmar Smart Regulator MC-612H
Outback inverter VFX2812
Outback Remote Mate2M
Separate AGM battery banks serve the engine and genset start, the bow thruster and the house bank. Shore power is connected with the 30 amp/125v cable
- Marinco 120V 60 hz 30 Amp shore power inlet
- Hubbell AC outlets throughout the boat, and GFCI in head and flybridge
- Newmar 3-bank 120V AC battery charger system
- AC/DC control panel w/polarity indicator lights, appropriate switches, meters and breakers
- Marinco TV and Tel inlet
- Raritan 12 gallons 120V AC dual heating source hot water heater
- Copper bonding strap w/ ground cable attachment for each fitting
- Two Zinc plates at transom for grounding system
- Newmar 20 amp galvanic isolator
- AFI 12V DC air horn
- Aqua Signal navigation lights
- Rule 12V DC sump pumps w/automatic float switches
- Rule bilge pumps w/automatic float switches
- Flojet 12V DC electric pressurized fresh water pump
- Exalto 12V DC electric wipers for 3 front windshields w/fresh water wash
- Perko step lights for exterior
- Vimar Switch
- Cantalupi step lights for interior and exterior
- Cantalupi accommodation dome lights
The lower helm station is well equipped for the task and aesthetically appealing with an ergonomically angled dash and hand-crafted teak wheel. The bench seat slides out an extra six inches for seating comfort.
Entertainment is provided by the JVC/DVD/Bluetooth stereo system and a flat panel 27" TV that hides behind a sliding teak panel in the Main Salon when not in use.
Deck / Flybridge
The covered flybridge with two helm chairs, and an L-shaped settee make this a great space for entertaining and relaxing.
- Full canvas bimini over flybridge
- Bimini enclosure forward with opening center smile
- Twin Anchor Rollers
- Plow Anchor with Chain Rode
- Port and Starboard anchor lockers
- Muir Cougar electric windlass
- Mast/Boom with electric remote
- Manship S/S #316 opening portlights
- Manship S/S #316 hatches for fwd. and after stateroom
- S/S #316 rails around the boat deck
- S/S #316 telescoping swim ladder
- Underwater lights
- Teak cap rail for side and aft deck
- Molded inlay pattern non-skid to fore, side, aft deck and flybridge decks
- Transom gate with step plate
- Side deck side gates, port and starboard
- FRP steps from aft deck to flybridge
- Perko exterior courtesy lights
- Scandvik transom shower
- FRP bench settee in cockpit w/storage beneath
- Large FRP Dock Locker
- FRP hatch with teak steps leading to lazarette
- Lazarette w/excellent strorage; access to steering gear, inverter & battery bank
- Staples on Swim Platform
- (4) Fender Holders
ZHIVAGO HAS COMPLETE ELECTRONICS INCLUDING TWO RADARS.
GARMIN 7612 MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAY (RADAR-PLOTTER)
ICOM RADAR DISPLAY
(2) SIMRAD IS15 (SPEED-DEPTH)
(2) ICOM VHF'S
SIMRAD AP 16 AUTOPILOT
CM SMARTCRAFT DISPLAY
GARMIN XSV MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAY (RADAR-PLOTTER)
(2) SIMRAD IS15 (SPEED-DEPTH)
SIMRAD IS15 WIND DISPLAY
SIMRAD AP-25 AUTOPILOT
(2) ICOM VHF RADIOS
CM SMARTCRAFT DISPLAY
SEARCHLIGHT WIT REMOTE
ZHIVAGO HAS SIX OTHER IMPORTANT FEATURES:
SHE HAS A $12,000 ARTICULATING RUDDER THAT IS HIGHLY RESPONSIVE MANEUVERING IN TIGHT QUARTERS.
ZHIVAGO IS EQUIPPED WITH A DIESEL FIRED "HURRICANE" HYDRONIC HEATING SYSTEM KEEPING HER WARM AND COMFORTABLE WHEN IT'S COLD OUTSIDE.
THERE IS A VILLAGE MARINE LITTLE WONDER VIP WATERMAKER MAKING LONG DISTANCE CRUISING REALISTIC AND HOT SHOWERS ALWAYS AVAILABLE.
ZHIVAGO IS EQUIPPED WITH PARAVANES FOR STABILIZATION. THEY ARE MECHANICAL, EASY TO REPAIR AND MAINTAIN AND THEY SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE ROLL WHEN UNDERWAY AND, IMPORTANTLY, WHEN AT ANCHOR.
SOLAR PANELS ABOVE THE FLYBRIDGE PROVIDE 5 AMPS/HOUR DURING NORMAL SUNLIGHT WHICH IS ENOUGH POWER TO MAINTAIN REFRIGERATION WITHOUT USING THE GENERATOR WHILE AT ANCHOR.
ZHIVAGO HAS AN OPTIONAL DEEPFREEZE UNDER THE FLYBRIDGE SETTEE WHICH IS ANOTHER FEATURE ALLOWING LONG DISTANCE SELF-CONTAINED CRUISING.
THIS SELENE HAS BEEN EQUIPPED TO ACCOMPLISH HER GOAL..... LONG DISTANCE CRUISING WITHOUT THE NEED TO GO ASHORE, REPROVISION, OR REFUEL FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. EXPLORING THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST, THE SEA OF CORTEZ OR TRANSITING THE PANAMA CANAL CAN BE IN YOUR CRUISING FUTURE.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.