2005 Mast & Mallet Thomas Point
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Edgewater, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 268,500
- Sale Pending
40' Mast & Mallet 40 Thomas Point Hardtop Cruiser, 2005. Custom built with full keel, single Cummins QSC8.3, 490 hp Common Rail diesel with 1086 hours. Onan 6 kw generator with 350 hours, 2 zone A/C, 2 solar panels, bow and stern thruster, galley down, king-sized berth in owner's stateroom.
Sometimes good things can happen in one's life and this time it's happened in a very serendipitous manner. You see, Joe Reid is a master builder who owns and operates Mast & Mallet Boatworks in Edgewater, Maryland and he loves his boats. The Thomas Point series, designed by Mike Kaufmann range from 30 to 44 feet. They combine the best of the New England lobster boat and the Chesapeake Bay deadrise design. This particular Thomas Point has now been brought back to Joe's shop for a bit of beauty parlor work after having been purchased in New England by Joe from its former owner. The three day trip had no issues and ran great, with cruising speeds of 12 knots @ 1800 RPM and 14 knots @ 2100 RPM with maximum speeds @ 18-20 knots at 2600 rpm.
A recent survey had revealed an issue in the forward section of the hull due to a light grounding that Joe repaired. He guarantees that this repair is done to his standards.
Now that Joe has it in his care he is cleaning and polishing the hull sides using Awlgrip Awlcare, and tending to a few minor issues that have been noted since it's arrival at his shop. The results will reveal an absolutely beautiful vessel that will ready for a new owner very soon. Call Mike Johnson of Eastport Yacht Sales to schedule a showing and meet Joe. You will be impressed by this beautiful yacht that turns every head in the harbor.
Call Mike Johnson at 410-903-1830 for a showing of this great boat!
Please contact Eastport Yacht Sales at 410-903-1830
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Eau De Vie
Builder: Mast & Mallet
Designer: Mike Kaufmann
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 36 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 8 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 11 ft 6 in
Total Power: 490 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: QSC8.3 Common Rail
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1086
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 490 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (70 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (150 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (35 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
The Details of the Build
The hulls are cold-molded to 1" thick, with two layers of cedar laid for and aft and glued with Gougeon Bros. WEST Epoxy. Planks are glued between layers to 3/4" x 3" frames. The exterior of the hulls are saturated with epoxy and sheathed with two layers of 10 oz. fiberglass cloth for extra strength and resistance to abrasion. All interior surfaces are coated with an epoxy barrier coating for an especially clean, finished appearance, and all other exterior areas are sheathed in epoxy/fiberglass. This method of construction results in a very strong, lightweight hull while eliminating or reducing the maintenance problems normally associated with traditional wood construction.
HULL & DECK:
- Awlgrip Maroon hull, white boot top, black bottom.
- Composite construction – cold molded with layers of strip cedar planks, epoxy-glued. The exterior of the hull is saturated with epoxy and sheathed in layers of 10 ounce fiberglass cloth for extra strength. The interior surfaces are coated in epoxy as well for a strong, ultra light hull.
- Long solid fiberglass keel; fiberglass side decks painted light gray.
- Fiberglass swim platform; transom door for boarding.
- Heavy duty gray Stamoid brand canvas cockpit bimini with S/S aft supports.
- Varnished teak exterior trim including double teak sliding doors into salon.
- Varnished spruce hull ceiling in cockpit.
- S/S bow and side rails aft to cockpit.
- S/S handrails with extra handrails added.
- Six S/S portlights; one Lewmar deck hatch and two overhead hatches.
- Laid and caulked teak cockpit.
- Built-in aft cockpit bench seat with striped cushions with storage under.
- Textalene covers for all windows.
- Lofrans dual action windlass.
Fuel: 300 gallons in 2-150 gallon aluminum tanks
Water: 70 gallons under forward bunk.
Holding: 35 gallons.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Cummins QSC8.3 Common Rail diesel, 490 hp., FWC, with approximately 1086 hours.
- Sidepower bow SP 7.5 and stern SP 5.5 stern thrusters.
- Twin Disc transmission.
- Ultraflex hydraulic steering with S/S wheel at starboard helm.
- Bus heater off engine cooling.
- Lenco trim tabs.
- Cummins throttle controls.
- 12V electric engine hatches; very well insulated engine room.
- Two Racor fuel filters.
- Wireless docking system.
- Cruising speed: 12 knots @ 1800 RPM; 14 knots @ 2100 RPM.
- Maximum speed: 18-20 knots @ 2600 RPM.
- 12V-110V electrical system with AC-DC circuit breaker panels.
- Onan 6kw generator, 350 hours.
- 2 zone air conditioning-reverse cycle heat.
- Atwood S/S 11 gallon hot water heater.
- Charles C charger 5000 SP Series.
- 50 amp CableMaster shore power cord system.
- 2017 installed two large solar panels to keep house batteries trickle charged (to keep refrigerator operating all week).
- Two 8D batteries, one for house and one for engine.
- Two battery switches with combiner.
- 4 Rule electric bilge pumps and shower sump.
- 12V oil change system.
- Fuel and water gauges.
- Xantrex Prosine 2000w inverter.
- For four in a lovely traditional Herreshoff style interior.
- Chain locker forward.
- King-sized berth forward with numerous storage lockers outboard and hanging locker aft.
- Next aft to starboard is the enclosed head with Bemis Vacuflush head, Corian counters, sink with hot and cold pressure water, and a large stall shower with folding door.
- Opposite to port is the U-shaped galley with Corian countertops, round S/S sink, two burner electric cooktop, toaster oven, coffeemaker, microwave, and Frigiboat refrigerator and freezer; also, a trash locker.
- Next up to the spacious main salon with port and starboard built-in helm and companion seats with cream-colored ultra leather cushions.
- The electrical panels are to port and starboard also.
- Next aft to port is the built-in entertainment center separated by two built-in handsome seats with ultra leather cushions.
- Opposite to starboard is a three-seat “cream” ultra leather couch which converts to a double berth.
- There is an attractive hi-lo teak table with moveable cushioned box seats which tuck under each end of the table.
- There is a varnished teak and holly sole throughout.
- Overhead Soundown acoustical ceiling.
- Salon windows slide open; hinged salon double doors.
- Halogen dome lights with dimmers.
- All reading lights are LED.
- Raymarine C120 Radar-GPS with depthsounder.
- Standard Horizon 3500s VHF radio.
- Ritchie 4” compass.
- Azimuth 1000 electronic compass.
- Raymarine Autopilot 6000 with remote.
- Textalene covers for all salon windows.
- 3 Roca double-arm wipers with washers.
- ACR searchlight.
- Holding tank gauge.
- Fresh water washdown at bow in port locker.
- Starboard bow lockers hold fenders.
- Claw-type galvanized anchor with 100’ chain on roller and 100’ anchor rode.
- Life ring.
- Fenders, dock lines, flares, life jackets.
- Boathook, fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Eastport Yacht Sales