2005 J Boats J 100
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Vineyard Haven, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 83,500
J -100 number 50
The J/100 defines what the ultimate day-sailor/racer/overnighter, easy to single-hand, room in the cockpit for 3 couples, an inboard diesel and true marine head, a v-berth along with two berths in the main cabin, and most important of all, the J/100 offers one of the most rewarding sailing experiences you'll ever know on a sailboat. This J 10 is the best cared for; best maintained and best equipped J 100, on the market today. Owned, sailed, day raced and maintained by the owner of a high end boatyard in southern New England. Many customer upgrades. Navigation table, over sides backing plates for all the life line stanchions, highly effective jib inhaler, steering comb, Raymarine tiller pilot, duel navigation stations in cockpit and nav. table. Custom dodger over the companionway; this keeps the boat dry while allowing the companion way hatch to be open while sailing. Owner is selling due to age and is moving to a smaller boat. This J 100 is not scheduled to launch in 2020 and shows in like near new condition with original gelcoat in excellent condition.
SOME PHOTOS ARE OF THE BOAT IN 2015.ALL SAILING PHOTOS ARE RECENT. There is NOT a trailer included with this boat.
Please contact Shep Shove for a viewing: Cell 781.254.2385 Shep@easternyacht.com
Shep's cell: 781.254. 2385
Please contact Shepard Shove, CPYB at 508-693-8900
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 32 ft 8 in
Beam: 9 ft 3 in
LWL: 29 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Displacement: 6500 lbs
Ballast: 2500 lbs
Total Power: 15 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 2 Cylinder
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 15 HP
Number of heads: 1
J Boat Specifications
- Lloyd's approved, CK-57AL-600 Baltek Contourkore end grained balsa composite construction using biaxial and unidirectional glass fabrics with vinylester resin on outer hull layer.
- TPI patented SCRIMPÒ resin infusion system molding process for optimum laminate strength with 65-70% glass content in structural skins.
- White gel coat hull with single (1.75" to 3.25") tapered bootstripe.
- Large sit-in cockpit with 9.5’ seats having comfortable 13.75” backrests, suitable for cockpit cushions.
- Two cockpit seat storage lockers.
- One lazarette storage locker.
- Swimming and boarding platform sculpted into aft face of full height transom with integral safety ladder.
- Molded companionway seahood and dodger sprayshield bosses.
- Teak toe-rails with two scupper drains on aft side decks.
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin house.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded to hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to head and forepeak.
- SCRIMP molded longitudinal and transverse keel support beams and integral mast step.
- Lead & antimony fixed 5.75' draft, fin keel with bulb bolted to a deep molded sump. (4.0’ shoal draft option
Mechanical and Steering
- 2 cylinder Yanmar 15HP diesel saildrive engine with Gori geared folding prop.
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer, engine hour gauge and water, oil pressure alarms in cockpit with acrylic cover.
- Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- 10-gallon fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port.
- Balanced hi-aspect spade rudder constructed using "E" glass and large diameter shaft mounted in ACC composite rudder bearings.
- Curved laminated wood tiller with Spinlock tiller extension.
Recent Improvements and Additions
Main and jib Quantum 7300 series new 2017
Raymarine Axiom 9 dual stations new 2019
Raymarine Wind machine new 2019
Raymarine depth and knot meters new 2018
Sail cover jib cover and dodger new 2017
Main cabin cushions new 2017
Batteries new 2019
Carbon fiber spinnaker pole new 2019
Aluminum whisker pole new 2019
Varnish 3 coat 2019
Boltoplate bottom paint
Two asym kites used twice under current ownership
Running rigging new 2018 and 2019
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.