2005 Moorings 4000
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
Built in Cape Town, South Africa, the new Moorings 4000 features a large cockpit with an outside dining area and ergonomic seating for up to eight guests, all protected by a functional hard-top bimini, fitted as standard. The galley-up design incorporates a spacious saloon area and aft facing galley with a cocktail bar and serving window overlooking the adjoining cockpit area. Accommodations include four double cabins, an additional berth in each forepeak, and two large heads with separate shower stalls.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Catamaran
LOA: 39 ft 3 in
Beam: 20 ft 1 in
LWL: 37 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 16821 lbs
Engine Option 1: 2x
Fresh Water Tanks: (205 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (91 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
- AC system is 110V** / 220V*
- Yacht operates on a 12V system
- Panel supplied for 12V system & 110V** / 220V* system
- Three upgraded house batteries, and a dedicated battery for each engine
- Both amperage and DC voltage are shown at the pan
- Stereo/CD player with two cockpit and two below deck speakers
- Multi-channel VHF radio with LCD display and 25 watt output capacity
- Chart Plotter with GPS navigation system
- Navigation instruments include depth sounder gauge, speed and distance log, wind speed and wind direction
- 40 amp battery charger
- Spring loaded switches for shower drains
- Fan in the saloon, galley and each cabin
- Shore power cable 110V** / 220V* is 50ft / 15M long and permanently wired to the boat
- AC breaker panel 110V** / 220V* for hot water heater, outlets and battery charger
- AC power outlets supplied in galley, main saloon and cabins
- 12V cockpit light
- 12V cigar lighter type outlet at navigation station for various equipment connections.
- 12V outlet at helm
- LPG solenoid switch with warning light
- Freshwater pump warning light
- Warning light alarm on bilge pumps
- Separate 12V refrigerator, high volume with two compartments, adjustable damper slides and excellent insulation
- An overhead hatch and two forward opening ports provide ventilation
- Two-burner LPG stainless steel stove with oven and broiler
- Double stainless steel sinks with mixer tap and pull out rose
- A 10gal / 38L garbage bin is conveniently located
- Permanent recessed dish draining rack
- Ample counter and cabinet space for dishes and cookware
- Main work surfaces are softly curved and covered with Corian
- Twin Volvo 29Hp Sail Drive engines
- Storage shelf in engine rooms
- Engine instrumentation includes oil pressure, tachometer, water temperature, hour meter, and amp meter
- Engine sound alarm to indicate low oil pressure and high freshwater temperature
- Ignition switch in cockpit with key
- Electronic engine cutoff
- Fuel capacity is 92gal / 350L in aluminum tanks.
- Racor 500FG fuel filters on each engine
- Upgraded alternators on each engine
- Steering is via cables
- Autopilot is fitted
Mast & Rigging
- Mast is extruded anodized aluminum with a double set of swept back spreaders
- Single forestay with jib furling system
- Anodized aluminum boom with reefing system, outhaul and reefing line jammers
- Stainless steel chain plates.
- Lower ends of rigging are attached with double screw turnbuckles.
- Mast exits for halyards are stainless steel
- Four eye bolts on mast step
- SailMate self-stacking mainsail handling system, with lazy jacks and integral sail cover
- Antal mast slider system is supplied for low friction mainsail hoisting and lowering
- Large mainsheet traveler with Spinlock jammers
- Two self-tailing 48 CST 2-speed winches are located at the helm station and used to control the main and jib sheets.
- All sheets lead through Spinlock V-grip jammers.
- Two self-tailing 40 CST 2-speed winches are provided on the mast for halyard and reef line operation, two jammers for the halyards and a snatch block for the reef lines.
- A secondary bow roller is mounted on the forward crossbeam
- Steering console with compass and all engine controls
- Stainless steel Destroyer steering wheel
- Cast aluminum mooring cleats, two on the bow, two amidship and two on the stern
- Two U-bolts for dinghy towing line are mounted on the inboard side of each hull/transom area
- Two U-bolts for anchoring bridle are mounted on the inboard side of each hull
- Stainless steel stanchions and aluminum bases with uncoated stainless steel lifelines
- Port and starboard lifeline gates
- Custom extruded aluminum toerail
- Genoa cars and tracks
- Two winch handle pockets with one lock-in and one non lock-in handle
- Eight opening deck hatches are provided to give excellent ventilation
- Six opening ports are supplied in the topsides of the hull,and an additional one supplied for each aft cabin at transom level.
- One opening hatch is provided in the saloon window for additional forward ventilation
- The forward sloped windows are protected from the direct overhead sunlight by a louver system. This system also provides easy access to the roof.
- A hard top bimini and a zip-on windshield are supplied to protect the outside dining area
- Fixed davit system
Sails & Running Rigging
- A full battened mainsail with two reefs and a furling genoa are built to Moorings specifications
- One double purchase prestretched main halyard
- One pre-stretched jib halyard
- Mainsail outhaul, two reef lines, mainsail sheet, jib sheets, traveler controls, jib furling line, lazy jack lines n SailMate self-stacking mainsail handling system with lazy jacks and integral sail cover
- Asymmetric spinnaker and spinnaker gear*
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.
Please enter a valid name!
Please enter a valid email address!
RE: Moorings 4000
Message cannot be empty!