2005 Moody 66
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- -, St. Lucia
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 795,000 Tax Paid (US$ 1,019,270)
Very special Bill Dixon that has been totally upgraded in this ownership. Coded to MCA Cat 2, cosmetically totally fab, great design and perfect for comfortable bluewater. MUSTIQUE has her own website to support her charter activity.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: VT Halmatic
Designer: Bill Dixon
LOA: 65 ft 9 in
Beam: 17 ft 6 in
LWL: 54 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 6 in
Displacement: 28800 kgs
Total Power: 230 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4LHA-STE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 230 HP
Number of single berths: 9
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
Spring 2016 Refit
- All running rigging onboard renewed.
- An additional Mastervolt charger was installed to service just the navigation batteries - leaving the existing two chargers to service the house bank.
- All onboard lighting changed to LED.
- New Jabsco 'dual' fresh water pressure pump fitted.
- Factory rebuild of the Spectra 700 watermaker.
- Bow thruster engine removed, serviced and replaced with new joystick controls installed at binnacle.
- Windlass serviced with a replacement motor set up for redundancy.
- New Raymarine 260 VHF dual station installed.
- New Samsung 'home cinema controller' installed in saloon.
- New calorifier.
- New fresh water pump.
Refit 2018/19 at Yacht Work
- All old underwater coatings removed to gel coat with 5 coats of new epoxy barrier coat applied and new antifouling.
- Repaint of transom in Awlgrip with signwriting.
- New wrap for topsides – beneath the dark blue gelcoat remains in perfect condition.
- All new swept laid teak decks including the ring deck and superstructure areas laid at 14mm and sanded to 12mm.
- Port toe rail remade in one-section and foredeck cleats repositioned for better angling when lying from a buoy.
- Dorade boxes and sprayhood retaining moulding repainted.
- Rig pulled, fully checked, polished and re-stepped.
- Spinnaker pole in carbon fibre repainted as was the main boom in Awlgrip.
- Dynema spinnaker halyard.
- Anchor windlass totally refurbished and anchor locker cleaned and repainted.
- Aft lazarette has new floors and has been repainted.
- Hydraulic rams for aft lazarette replaced and the gas struts for the deck-opening locker.
- Davits removed, rewired, with new gears and replaced.
- Steering – bevil boxes serviced, universal joints replaced and reduction gearbox removed and serviced together with the drag link.
- All facias for electronics on deck at both pedestals and at companionway replaced.
- New cockpit cushions including sunbed pad and gin and tonic seats.
- New dark blue sprayhood and fixed bimini over cockpit and steering position.
- Refrigeration unit fitted to the cockpit table.
- New Yanmar main engine with python drive and new fly by wire controls to helm.
- New Onan generator in acoustic hood.
- The engine room was totally emptied with new rock wool sound deadening/insulation fitted, new engine and generator. All services then refitted.
- Air conditioning fully refitted.
- New bow thruster controls to helm.
- New engine and generator start batteries.
- All seacocks replaced in bronze.
- Propeller sent to Darglow for service and refitted.
- Refurbishment of the interior including the restoration of the saloon cream leather, new carpets throughout, new curtains, new inner linings in all cabins, and the replacement of all soft goods.
- Interior teak woodwork touched in as needed.
- New mirrors.
- New dimmable sidelights.
- New Indesit washer dryer.
- Clean of fuel water and black and grey water tanks.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate). She is currently MCA Category 2 in class.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Dark blue hull gelcoat. Professionally wrapped in blue vinyl (2019). Transom painted in flag blue Awlgrip (2019).
- Underwater body totally stripped and re-coated with 5 coats of epoxied and antifouled (2019).
- Teak side deck and forward coachroof, and aft areas all replaced in 2019 with 14mm teak sanded to 12mm.
- Dorades ad upstand for fixed screen in cockpit refurbished.
- Port toe rail dressed and position of forward cleats adjusted for anchoring/lying to a buoy.
Keel & Rudder:
- Standard specification with fin keel.
- Due to some movement in skeg, rudder and skeg were rebuilt in 2010 and have been without issue since.
Engine & Gearbox:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230hp, replaced 2019.
- New Python drive (2019).
- Engine room emptied, all services removed, cleaned repainted with new sound deadening/insulation materials fitted with rock wool
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: 88 at June 2019.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Steering wheel disengagers (reduce loadings on autopilot drive).
- Dual throttle and bowthruster controls on each pedestal, new 2019.
- Maxprop propeller with Ambassador rope cutter removed and overhauled by Darglow (2019).
- Side power bowthruster tunnel with handheld remote. Refurbished 2016.
- Bowthruster engine removed, serviced and replaced with new joystick controls installed at binnacle (2019).
- New electric controls for Yanmar main engine to the pedestal with fly by wire.
- 2 x 220v supplies.
- 8 x AGM 260ah House batteries (new 2015).
- 8 x AGM 160ah electronics batteries (2017).
- 2 x AGM 105ah Engine start batteries (New 2019).
- 1 x AGM Generator start battery (New 2019).
- 2 x Mastervolt 100/24 chargers.
- An additional Mastervolt charger has been installed to service just the navigation batteries - leaving the existing two chargers to service the house bank (2016).
- Mastervolt charger dedicated to main engine start (2019).
- 1 x 175amp auxiliary engine alternator.
- 1 x 95amp standard alternator.
- 220v shore power connection.
- 1 x Onan 13.5kw generator, new 2019.
- Generator Hours: 37 hours June 2019.
- Galvanic isolator for both shore power connections.
- 1 x Inverter. 400w new 2019.
- Separate inverter for entertainment system.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised water system with accumulator.
- New Jabsco ‘dual’ fresh water pressure pump fitted (2016).
- Hot water via heat exchanger and 220v immersion (2016).
- 24v Spectra 700 watermaker. Delivers 114 litres an hour. Factory rebuild in spring 2016. Reconditioned 2018.
- There is a central bilge well at keel, and separate wells in the engine room and lazarette, with alarms; all have automatic bilge pumps.
- Main automatic bilge pumps. 2 x 3,500 litres per hour.
- Automatic bilge pumps throughout the yacht.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit with diverter from engine room.
- All new bronze sea cocks fitted 2019.
- 2,000 litres (439 gallons).
- Fuel tanks and piping inspected and cleaned 2019.
- Total capacity 1365 litres (300 gallons).
- Water tanks inspected and cleaned 2019.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity 250 litres.
- 2 x Grey water tanks.
- 1 x Polycarbonate black water tank.
- Pipework to black water tank replaced 2011.
- Blackwater tank for all heads; grey water to all sinks and basins with pump out for black water on deck.
- Blackwater and grey water tanks fully cleaned 2019.
- Raymarine Ray 260 dual station VHF installed (2016).
At chart table:
- Digital Raymarine E120 radar/chartplotter (2010).
- Raymarine smart controller (2010).
- McMurdo ICS Nav 6 Navtex (2010).
- Radio Telex weatherman (2010).
- Iridium phone (2010).
- Comar AIS transmitter. Class B (transmit/receive)
- Sea-me radar transponder.
- MES Solid State onboard computer (2010) with wi-fi booster; wi-fi booster throughout yacht.
- Redbox GPRS / Wifi Router.
- Raymarine ST60 wind.
- 2 x Raymarine ST60 graphic.
- Raymarine ST60 speed.
- Raymarine ST60 depth.
- Raymarine ST60 rudder partially renewed 2010.
- Raymarine smart control.
- Raymarine G Series screen (plotter repeater).
- Raymarine E120 radar/chart plotter.
- Interphase forward looking sonar.
- Facias for the instrumentation for the 2 helm positions and companionway replaced 2019.
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot (2010) with 2 x repeaters.
- 2 x Interphase forward looking sonar.
- 2 x Raymarine ST70 graphic displays. Heads replaced 2017.
- Indesit combination washer/dryer mounted in forward cabin (2019).
- 24v cooling unit to cockpit table drinks storage (2019).
- Siemens dish washer in galley (2017).
- Panasonic microwave
- Force 10 electric cooker with 3 burner ceramic hob, grill and oven.
- Full sets of crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Extractor fan for galley.
- Transom shower, hot and cold supply.
- 3 x Vacuflush electric fresh water heads.
- All Vacuflush WC pumps have been serviced 2019.
- ALL WC piping replaced 2017.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning in all cabins and main saloon. Forward cabin shares with twin forward cabin. In addition, separate air conditioning for crew cabin forward. All overhauled 2019.
- Phillips DVD/Theatre system (2010) linked to computer and television in saloon and aft cabin.
- New Samsung ‘home cinema controller’ installed in saloon (2016).
- 2 x Samsung Smart TV's.
- Mac Mini running the entertainment system onboard, with Apple TV installed in the owner’s stateroom.
- Apple Airport Express.
- Tricolour and all round white light to masthead.
- Spreader Uplights and Downlights (serviced 2019).
- All onboard lighting has been changed to LED (2016).
- Side lights all fitted 2019 all of which are dimmable.
- Remote searchlight on spreader (2010).
- Deck Light.
Summary of Accommodation:
9 berths in 3 cabins and 1 side cabin. The interior is executed in teak with cheque board figuring at galley and elsewhere. There are teak and holly soleboards throughout. In 2019 all the soft goods were replaced including carpets, side linings on cabins, beheads and curtains. All mirrors were also replaced, and the cream leather seating in the main saloon was restored. Some cosmetic work was undertaken to the interior veneers.
- Full cotton shag pile carpet in light brown colour, fully edge bound throughout, new 2019.
- Teak interior woodwork.
- Teak soles beneath carpets.
- Interior varnish all restored in 2019.
- Refurbished cream leather upholstery (2019).
- Full set of linen for yacht, 3 sets for each bunk.
- Ocean air screens throughout with blackout and fly screens.
- Lee clothes throughout.
- Hatches re-bedded 2019.
Description of layout from forwards:
Two single berths, fitted to port and starboard. Storage lockers fitted below with additional locker forward between the berth units. A new washer/drier is fitted in this area. Additional lockers fitted in forward bulkhead at the foot of each berth. Steps fitted to allow access to deck hatch.
Secondary Guest Cabin:
Situated forward of the saloon to starboard. Twin single berths with storage space beneath the lower berth. Hanging locker forward and tallboy chest of drawers, inset into the bulkheads on the inboard side with mirror above. Opening hatch together with topside portlight give light and ventilation.
Situated forward of the saloon on the starboard side. The compartment includes a separate shower stall complete with hinging door. Wash hand basin with mirror and locker space. Vacuflush electric freshwater toilet (serviced 2019. Opening hatch gives light and ventilation.
Private to the primary guest cabin, the compartment includes a separate shower stall complete with hanging door. Wash hand basin with mirror and locker space. Vacuflush electric fresh water toilet (serviced 2019). Opening hatch gives light and ventilation.
Primary Guest Cabin:
Situated forward of the saloon to the port side. Large offset double deck hatch together with topside port light give light and ventilation.
Large C shaped settee to port side with storage space beneath. Extending leaf dining table with decorative veneer tabletop with removable stainless steel fiddles. 2 x Leather covered occasional chairs provide additional seating to starboard side of the table. Built in 2-seater sofa to starboard side with drawer space beneath. Outboard of the settee and sofa are top storage lockers. The furniture outboard of the sofa houses the Manhattan flat screen television and DVD/audio system. Mounted to port is an enclosed CD storage rack. Large fore and aft and forward facing windows plus hull topsides portlights light the saloon area. Opening deck hatches and dorade vents give ventilation, the topsides ports.
- Saloon windows were removed and resealed (2019).
- Fixed screen renewed and recoated (2019).
Large U-shaped galley one step down from the saloon area. Twin galley sinks integrated into the Avonite galley worktop. Large stainless steel front opening refrigerator with two doors, one to the main refrigerator area with a second door to the chilled wine bottle rack. Stainless steel top opening freezer. Refrigerator and freezer cooled by separate DC powered, water cooled compressors. Gimbaled four burner cooker with oven.
- Hull mounted Cooling plates for both fridge and freezer.
Generous navigation desk with chart storage beneath the lid. Drawer space below chart table. The furniture units incorporate space for navigation displays. Electrical distribution board built into the furniture opposite the chart table area. Wet hanging locker aft of the chart table seat. A comprehensive tool drawer is fitted complete with tools below the navigator’s seat. Door aft to seat. A foldaway sea/occasional berth hinges out from the furniture with additional paper chart stowage in the base. One door provides primary access to the engine room.
Large centreline double berth with deep drawer beneath. Twin curved seats flowing away from the berth with curved fronted lockers above. Generous hanging space to both port and starboard. Drawer and locker units with fiddled tops both port and starboard below hull portlight. Forward bulkhead, a fitted vanity unit with a large electro lift mirror above behind which is mounted the aft cabin Manhattan flat screen television with video sender. Light and ventilation are provided by two opening deck hatches, four opening portlights and two fixed hull portlights.
Owner’s Heads Compartment:
En-suite to the owner’s cabin, the compartment comprises a separate shower stall complete with hinging door. Wash hand basin with mirror and locker space behind. Vacuflush electric freshwater toilet (serviced 2011). There are also two removable engine room access panels.
This compartment is spacious and well planned, giving good access to the main engine, generator, air conditioning units etc. There is a soft spot in the cockpit so that the machinery can be removed if needed. It was totally emptied in 2019 to allow for a thorough clean and new sound deadening/sound insulation to be fitted. At this time the engine and generator were replaced and all engine room systems were thoroughly overhauled at this time.
- Cutter headed keel stepped rig by Seldon with hydraulic in mast furling mainsail, furlex furling yankee to forestay and furlex furling self-taking staysail to inner forestay. All powered by Lewmar Commander power pack.
- White power coated mast and boom.
- Rig has diamond jumpers in addition to running backstays.
- Full rig service (2015) – mast pulled, all rods re-headed, furlers dismantled and serviced, hydraulic vang and backstay rams fully serviced, and mast checked, cleaned and serviced. Rig dropped, fully checked and polished including painting the boom in Awlgip (2019).
- Carbon spinnaker pole and bowsprit by All Spars. Repainted in Awlgrip (2019).
- Spinnaker pole stowed at mast.
- Dyform low stretch stainless steel wire standing rig.
- Padded luff to Yankee.
- Hydraulic Navtex vang and backstay adjuster.
- All running rigging onboard has just been renewed (2016). Spinnaker halyard replaced 2019 with dyneema.
- Lewmar 3000 windlass, serviced 2019 with spare unit and hand held remote.
- All winches fully serviced 2019 and control boxes for halyard mainsheet winches replaced in 2018.
- 2 x 66 S/T electric primaries.
- 2 x 58 S/T manual secondaries.
- 2 x 30 S/T mainsail traveller.
- 2 x 58 S/T electric halyard/mainsheet at companionway.
- All North Sails and Pentax - New August 2013.
- C3 cruising chute Iin sock (2010).
- Parasailor 250 squ metres (2015).
- In mast furling Part Vertical Battened mainsail (2013).
- Staysail (2013) with self-tacker (2005).
- Yankee (2013).
- Storm jib (2010).
- Simpson electric stainless steel davits; fully overhauled 2019.
- Nemo passerelle in stainless steel with teak treads.
- Hydraulic transom with remote control. New hydraulic rams and gas struts (2019).
- Stainless steel dorades with protectors and refurbished 2019.
- Sea water deck wash.
- Gin and tonic seats and backrests in white vinyl.
- Soft spot in cockpit for engine access.
- Solid stainless steel tube hand rail and hinged gates port and starboard.
- Repaint of lazarette with new floors (2019).
- Watt and Sea generator delivers charge to house bank when in use
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 50kg Delta stainless steel anchor.
- Fortress FX55 kedge anchor.
- 130m chain fitted to main anchor with 2 x 50m plus 90m multiplait anchor warp available for kedge.
- Lewmar 3000 windlass (serviced and Motor replaced 2014; further service, with a replacement motor set up for redundancy (2016)), with spare unit and hand held remote.
- Anchor locker overhauled and repainted 2019.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Hide covers to both steering wheels.
- Cockpit cushions (2019)seat bases in silvertex grey
- Cockpit cushion backrests to main cockpit (2019).
- Cockpit table cover.
- Transom skirt (2011).
- Boom tent.
- Sprayhood in dark bluewith stainless steel grab bar (2019).
- Semi permanen'Soft Top' Bimini over entire cockpit with drop down detachable clear 'skirts' and integral lighting (2019).
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon Adventure rib with 50hp outboard (2009) plus cover.
- Custom stainless steel deck mounts on foredeck to take the dinghy during passage.
- 5-year coding renewal (2015) – addition of a new 8-man Ocean Safety liferaft, allowing for coding of 7 sleeping and 12 day cruising.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.