2004 Ta Chiao Custom 92' Pilothouse Cutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 3,299,000 Tax Paid
Built for an experienced yachtsman and designed by Ted Hood / Ted Fontaine, CABOCHON's stout construction, world-class features and attention to detail are evident everywhere, from her robust practical engineering and redundant systems, to beautifully book-matched teak joinery and dovetailed drawers. CABOCHON is remarkable in that she brings so many desirable features – shoal draft (board up = 6’6”/ board down = 18’), performance under sail and comfort at sea, to name a few – together all in one beautiful vessel.
Unlike most boats of her size, CABOCHON is easily sailed shorthanded with “big boat” systems such as captive winches and hydraulic furling - all sails can be deployed, trimmed, and furled by 1 person from the helm pedestal. Also unlike boats of her size that are commonly made of steel or aluminum, her hull is fiberglass with layers of Kevlar for strength and rigidity.
She is US duty paid, MECAL approved, and recently commercially registered to allow for a charter program (although never chartered thus far). CABOCHON will continue to turn heads worldwide, no matter where she is sailing, and is currently offered at an exceptional value. She is a boat that has no excuses and is simply in need of nothing.
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales, please call me - DOLF HAFFENREFFER at Hinckley Yacht Brokerage: Cell: 401-644-3005, Office 401-683-7090, E-mail: email@example.com for more information on the used Hinckley market.
Please contact Dolf Haffenreffer at 401-644-3005
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ta Chaio Shipbuilding
Designer: Ted Hood - Ted Fontaine
Flag of Registry: Cayman Islands
LOA: 92 ft 0 in
Beam: 21 ft 10 in
LWL: 71 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 198000 lbs
Total Power: 375 HP
Engine Brand: John Deere
Year Built: 2013
Engine Model: 6-cylinder 6090SFM75 diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 612
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 375 HP
Cruising Speed: 10 knots
Maximum Speed: 12 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (1000 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (2000 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2
Number of double berths: 4
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
CABOCHON has just received a major Refit where nothing was left untouched. Never before so “dialed in”, she is ready to cruise anywhere, immediately. Only a few seasons ago, she had an exterior paint refit including an entire new (Awlgrip) paint job that encompassed the hull, superstructure, davits, mast, boom and spreaders, painting and repair of all hatches. Everything aboard is now fresh – all exterior paint, rigging, electronics, entertainment systems, exterior and interior soft goods, mechanical service, air conditioning system, hydraulic system, helm station controls, exterior canvas, tender, etc.
HULL and DECK
- ��Flag Blue” Awlgrip hull (2015) with varnished teak exterior trim
- “Light Gray” Awlgrip nonskid (2015)
- “Whisper Gray” Awlgrip house (2015)
- Integral rubrail with a stainless steel striker
- (4) Watertight bulkheads
- New teak caprail with (16) coats of varnish (2017)
The hull is built with composite material and a sandwich structure using Core-cell foam core. An additional five layers of Kevlar were incorporated for extra strength. The deck and pilothouse are also sandwich construction with E-glass. Centerboard configuration offers minimum draft of 6’-6” with board up and a maximum draft of 18’ with board down. New rudder bearings (2013/2016). New bottom paint (Winter, 2019).
- Lloyd's Construction Hull Certificate
- MECAL Certificate (2019)
CABOCHON has accommodations for six adults and two children in the owner’s party, with three large private staterooms aft, split-level dining/lounge areas amidships, plus two en-suite cabins forward of the galley for crew. Joinery is finely crafted Euro-style teak with a gloss varnish finish. Major interior refit in 2019 including, but not limited to – all new soft goods, lighting fixtures, satellite TV system & TVs, Wi-Fi system, Sonos audio system, carpeting throughout, head fixtures, etc.
The large pilothouse, originally designed for inclement weather, has quickly become the center of activity aboard CABOCHON. It is light and airy with excellent visibility all around. To port is a U-shaped settee and teak table that seats six, great for informal meals, cocktails or just planning the day's activities.
To starboard and forward is the navigation area with throttle and autopilot control, complete with all electronics, nav table and helmsman's seat. Aft of the nav area is a wet bar and coffee machine.
Entered from the pilothouse down full-sized easy-access stairs and hallway, the master stateroom aft has 1 king (new, 2019) and 1 queen sized berth, port and starboard, a makeup area, two cedar-lined hanging lockers, plenty of storage space and his and hers bathrooms. Port head features a bathtub while the starboard head features an enclosed shower. Opening portholes for ventilation and deck prisms for additional natural light. LCD TV with high definition satellite and Sonos system (2018). Aft, a centerline vestibule leads to a private aft cockpit.
Forward of the master stateroom and separated by a passageway are two guest staterooms, each with en-suite head and stall shower. Both guest staterooms have two twin beds, plus fold-away Pullman berths for children. Both cabins have fillers for the twin beds which convert them to single queens (new, 2019) Both cabins have cedar-lined hanging lockers, plenty of storage space, two opening portholes for ventilation and deck prisms for additional natural light.
The full-beam salon is open to the pilothouse salon, so that the pilothouse windows reach over 50 percent of the salon. Two hatches provide abundant natural light in the salon. To starboard there is a dining area for eight. To port is an L-shaped couch with coffee table and a 40" LCD TV with high definition satellite, DVD, and Sonos system (2018). In addition to ample dry storage, there is a built-in wine rack, refrigerator and ice maker (new 2015).
Forward of the main salon, a sliding teak door, as well as a watertight MCA door, lead to a large, U-shaped galley and crew mess. The fully-equipped galley has a large hatch for light and/or fresh air while at anchor, so the running of A/C (new 2019) is often an elective. There are multiple freezer compartments to support “around-the-world” adventuring.
- Broadwater 4-burner propane stove and oven (new propane tanks, 2019)
- KitchenAid cook top
- KitchenAid microwave oven (new 2020)
- KitchenAid dishwasher (new 2016)
- KitchenAid trash compactor
- Sub Zero vertical refrigerator with (2) bottom drawers
- Sub Zero (2) freezer drawers
- Lift-up, under-counter freezer compartment outboard (D.C.) (new 2013)
- Sub-sole freezer compartment (D.C.) (new 2013)
- Miscellaneous small appliances
- Extractor fan and lighting over stove
- Double stainless steel sinks with retractable faucet (new 2013)
- Corian countertops
- Cork flooring with full carpet (new 2019)
Two double crew cabins are located forward of the galley. Each cabin has its own sink and toilet and shares a centrally located shower.
The crew mess is equipped with its own entertainment center, including LCD TV (new 2018), with High Def Satellite, Sonos. The Miele washer (new 2015) and Miele dryer are located beside the crew mess for easy access.
Aft of the pilothouse is a large cockpit which can be fully enclosed and protected from the elements with a rigid bimini top, eisenglass side curtains, and dodger (all new 2019). There is a U-shaped seating area to port with a teak table that opens for cocktails or on-deck dining. Opposite to starboard is an L-shaped seating area with an additional teak table. Blue cushions with white piping (new, 2019) complement the “Whisper Gray” Awlgrip (new 2015) house. Awlgripped teak trim and teak deck. In the cockpit there is a top-loading refrigerator to port of the pilothouse companionway and cabinet space to starboard.
Aft of the cockpit area is the raised helm area. A U-shaped settee surrounds the 4.5 foot wheel and pedestal, which accommodates navigational instruments, compass, engine controls and toggle controls for easy command and control of all sail handling. CABOCHON can literally be sailed by just one person without leaving the helm.
Helm Station completely redesigned and rebuilt in 2019 including, but not limited to:
- New engine controls
- New MFDs which show engine data
- New generator start/stop controls
- New engine, generator gauges
- New navigational electronics and wind instruments
- New PTO controls
- New hydraulic shut down controls
- New anchor windlass remotes
- New sail handling (furlers, winches) remotes
On the aft deck, there is a private owners' cockpit and hydraulic swim platform for easy access to and from the water.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
All new Navigation and communications equipment (Spring, 2018):
- (2018) (4) B&G Zeus 12” MFD Radar, Chartplotter, GPS, AIS units - (2) at helm pedestal and (2) at navigation station
- (2018) (2) B&G open array 4kW digital radar scanners
- (2018) (2) B&G V60 VHF radios with DSC
- (2018) (4) B&G Depth, Wind, Speed, sailing instruments - (2) in cockpit and (2) at navigation station
- (2018) (2) B&G Hydra autopilot at helm and navigation station - Hydraulic ram and pumps (new, 2018)
- (2018) Navtex NX-300 receiver
- SatCom, Iridium GO!, phone and data
- Thrane & Thrane TT-3020C with GPS
- (2018) High Definition Satellite TV
- (2018) Sonos stereo system throughout entire vessel
- Weather Station Ocens Sea Station 2000 Micro
- Weather Fax
- EPIRB ACR Global Fix 406 Category 1
- 40" LCD in salon (new, 2018)
- 30" LCD in master stateroom (new, 2018)
- 24" LCD in crew mess (new, 2018)
- High Definition Satellite TV system (new, 2018)
- Wi-Fi system (new, 2018)
- Sonos audio system (new, 2018)
- Surround sound in salon with additional speakers in pilothouse, cockpit and aft cockpit
- Separate system in master stateroom
- 81 Kg polished stainless steel CQR anchor with 450’ ½” galvanized all chain rode (all new, 2019)
- 63 Kg polished stainless steel Delta anchor (new, 2019) with 350’ re-galvanized (2019) all chain rode
- Fortress anchor, 3 piece
- Muir hydraulic windlasses mounted under hatch (both rebuilt, 2019)
- Solimar flush hatches with solid teak rims (Removed, rebuilt, refinished, & re-installed all deck hatches (2019)
- Teak decks (sanded and re-seamed as necessary, 2019)
- Teak bow seat
- Teak stern seats
- Dinghy lift aluminum davits with hydraulic function (rebuilt, 2019)
- Spectra line for davits (2019)
- Hydraulic stern stairs and teak boarding platform
- Hot and cold shower, at stairs
- (8) Deck prisms
- Sturdy, rigid bimini, dodger and connective piece
- Viking 8-person Solas life raft (new 2015)
- Full list of safety gear
- Ch New hydraulic manifold and all hoses (2019)
- Backstay hydraulics overhauled (2019)
- Centerboard hydraulic ram (2019)
- Chocks on foredeck for dinghy, as well as davits on the stern
- Tender chocks and custom lifting system for on deck storage including new lifting boom (2019)
- New fire alarm system in 2014, and completely overhauled in 2019
- Fire extinguishers (new 2015)
- Life lines (new 2015)
- Tender: Highfield 13’ center console inflatable hard bottom tender with 70-hp Yamaha outboard engine (2016)
SAILS and RIGGING
All furlers and sail control lines controlled with remotes at helm station.
Rig pulled, stripped, inspected, and completely re-wired (Spring, 2018).
- World-renowned French Lorima Carbon Fiber mast with 4 spreaders and in-mast furling, “Whisper Gray” Awlgrip (painted, 2015)
- Spreader lights (2019)
- Navtec rigging and hydraulics
- Backstay hydraulic cylinders rebuilt (2019)
- Rod rigging (new 2015)
- Mast partner with Spartite (new 2015)
- Spectra running rigging (2019)
- 1,944 ft.² Hood Vectron mainsail (new 2010, fully serviced 2019)
- 828 ft.² Spectra Polyester Hood Vectron staysail (new 2010, fully serviced 2019)
- 2,583 ft.² Hood Vectron genoa (new 2010, fully serviced 2019)
- 204 ft.² two-ply Storm Orange Dacron storm (Halsey Lidgard)
- 527 ft.² two-ply Storm Orange Dacron trysail (Halsey Lidgard)
- (4) Nielson (Harken) for genoa and staysail sheets
- Magic Trim for mainsheet
- Magic Trim in boom for outhaul
- (2) Harken 3-speed MPS/running backstay
- (2) Harken 2-speed halyard/mast winches
- Harken foredeck winch
- Reckmann for main, staysail and headstay
- All sail handling is fingertip controlled via toggles located at the helm station (completely rebuilt and redesigned in 2019)
- (2) Northern Lights 1800 RPM generators 25 kW – (Port gen.@ 7654 hrs./ Stbd. gen @ 7676 hrs.). Major service including new heat exchangers (2019)
- 2000 Ah Mastervolt batteries (new 2015)
- Mastervolt 3x100A and 1x40A charging system (new, 2019)
- 300A Electrodyne alternator on main engine, including (1) spare
- 220-volt single phase 100A Shore Power with transformer
- Cablemaster to store 90’ cable (new 2016)
- 4 kW inverter for house bank (new 2019) and 2.5 kW Mastervolt inverter for nav station (new 2019)
Large well-laid-out engine room (new paint 2015 and partially repainted in 2019) with easy access to all pumps and power, stand-up headroom next to main engine.
(2013) John Deere 6-cylinder Model 6090SFM75, 375-hp diesel engine main engine (612 hours) turbocharger and heat exchangers overhauled in 2019.
- 90 cm 3-blade Maxprop propeller
- Max Power 35-hp bow thruster (new, 2019)
- Chilled water MarineAir air conditioning (entire system new, 2019) - New chillers, air handlers, ductwork
- Fire suppression system in engine room (new, 2019)
- Eberspacher diesel heater system (entire system new, 2019)
- Sea Recovery watermaker, 60 gallons/h 110 VAC
- Sea Recovery watermaker, 8 gallons/h 25V DC
- Isotherm water heaters (new 2011)
- Fresh Water pumps (new 2019)
- Fuel polishing system (new 2014)
- Fuel shut off system (new, 2019)
- Shaft seal (new 2015)
The ship's hydraulics are an integrated system designed by Maxpower. This system allows the functions to be powered by three sources: Maxpower DC-pump or (2) Rexroth Genset driven PTO's. Entire system completely rebuilt in 2019 including an entirely new centerboard ram.
- New hydraulic manifold and all hoses (2019)
- Backstay hydraulics overhauled (2019)
- Centerboard hydraulic ram (2019)
All artwork and owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.