2004 Novatec Live-Aboard Yacht Cruiser
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Mystic, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 189,000
A custom Novatec 66 yacht cruiser, Andrew III is located at her dock on the Mystic River, Mystic Connecticut. She has been used by her one owner for coastal cruising and has spent several winters in the Bahamas and Florida. Powered by twin Caterpillar C-18 1000 HP diesels with 1234 (port) and 1247 (starboard) hours respectively.
This seaworthy design was built to a high quality and standard by Nova Marine, Taiwan. The solid fiberglass hull, with a LOA of 66 feet was extended by 9 ft to accommodate surface drives (ideal for Bahamian waters). Well equipped with electronics, two generators (12kW and 10kW), FCI watermaker, bow and stern bow thrusters. etc., she has all the amenities and appointments for living aboard (see full listing) with accommodations for six people in comfort.
Andrew III is in good condition needing some maintenance and repair. Owner is motivated to sell and this is reflected in her below market value reduced asking price.
Engines and systems are currently decommissioned.
A recent survey (November 2019) is available for inspection upon viewing.
Please call Howard Taylor at 860 884 9924 to schedule a viewing. Thank you
Rudders and Moorings LLC, Stonington, Connecticut Office:
Please contact Howard Taylor at 1-860-884-9924
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 66 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 4 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 0 in
Displacement: 120000 lbs
Cruising Speed: 12 knots @ 1600 RPM
Maximum Speed: 22 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (206 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 3 Aluminum (1300 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Fiberglass
Number of heads: 3
Andrew III was custom built to a high quality by Nova Marine Co of Taiwan, RoC, completed in 2004. The hull is solid fiberglass laminate, with fiberglass stringers and frames. Bottom was coated with four coats of epoxy. The foam cored fiberglass deck is bonded and bolted into the hull, the superstructure is foam cored fiberglass laminate. The 66' Novatec hull was extended by nine feet aft with a deck that serves as a swim platform/sun deck and also functionally to accommodate the surface drives. The stanchions, rails, cleats and chocks are high quality stainless steel. Exterior doors to cabins are sliding polished stainless steel framed glass, with screens. There are two gates each port and starboard for ease of access. White gelcoat topsides, non skid decks.
Accommodation and layout.
A very spacious layout. The forward cabin features an office with a large desk forward. There is also a pull out bed. The cabin is air conditioned like all the interior, and ambient light and ventilation is available via over head hatch and seven substantial stainless steel framed opening ports. To starboard is a head with shower and vanity. Stairs lead up to the well appointed galley to port, dinette to starboard and large saloon going aft with rattan styled furniture and large screen TV. The owners master stateroom is down aft of the main saloon with a king sized centerline berth with electric flush head and shower to port. From this cabin the sound insulated engine room is accessed through an after door, the midship equipment room through a forward door. Behind two large cupboard doors are a Whirlpool washer and dryer. Ambient light in the stateroom is supplied by three opening ports with one in the head.
Walking aft from the main saloon one enters the sunroom with comfortable furniture and a wet bar forward. Above the saloon is the pilothouse, which features a queen sized berth, helmstation forward and head and shower aft.
The flybridge deck is accessed up a short flight of stairs aft of pilothouse
The interior is finished to a high degree in varnished blonde teak, carpeted throughout save for teak and holly soles in bathrooms. Cabins have ample stowage, drawers, cabinets and hanging lockers.
Marine Air and Dometic Zone Air conditioning throughout. There is also a NuTone built in central cleaning system
The galley features large two bowl stainless sink, Corian countertops, and extensive stowage for kitchen equipment and provisions. Well equipped with:
- GE Profile 4 burner countertop electric stove
- Kenmore Elite refrigerator and freezer
- GE Freezer
- GE Profile trash compactor
- KitchenAid Dishwasher
- Black & Decker toaster oven
- GE Profile Advantian microwave
Electronics and navigation
- Simrad AP50 Autopilot
- Furuno radar (48 Mi)
- Furuno NavNet 12" plotter
- (2) Furuno GP37 WAAS/GPS receivers and navigators
- (2) Furuno FCV-582 Depthfinder and fish finder.
- Ritchie compass
- (3) Icom IC-M502 VHF radios
- KVH G4 TracVision Satellite Television dome
- Flybridge Engine Control docking station.
- Rear steering station
- 12/24 volt DC and 240 volt AC electrical systems
- Dual 50 amp 240 volt shore power system
- Batteries: Four Group 8Ds; Three Group 4Ds; Two Group24 flooded lead/acid
- Onan diesel 21.5 Kw Generator (724 hours)
- Onan diesel 9 Kw Generator (871 hours)
- Battery switches: At engines and generators. Main at Electrical panel
- Multi-strand plastic coated copper.
- Protech 4 12v 50 amp, and Protech 4 24v 25 amp battery chargers
- Caterpillar 12 volt 105 amp engine alternators
- Two 70 ft Glendinning shore power cord reels
Mechanical and other equipment details
- Twin Caterpillar C-18 1000 HP surface drive Diesel engines, (1240h port; 1247h starboard)
- The custom designed surface drives are hydraulically controlled.
- Six Rule 2000 auto/electric bilge pumps
- Racor fuel filters for engines and generators
- 35 HP hydraulic bow and stern thrusters
- FE-241 Engine compartment fire extinguisher.
- FCI Water maker (60 gallons/hour, 1400/day)
- UV Water purifier
- Hot water heater
Deck and equipment.
- 55 kg Rockna anchor
- 'Two Fortress FX-85 anchors
- Dual Simpson Lawrence Electric anchor windlasses
- Two lengths of 150' x 3/8" chain
- 10 Docklines
- Flybridge Bimini
- Six Fenders
- 10 Life preservers
- Type IV Man overboard device.
- Four portable fire extinguishers
- Swtlik 6 person Life raft (Inspection past due)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.