2004 Morris Apogee 50
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bourne, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 515,000
EIDER DOWN represents a great opportunity to own a proven blue water cruising boat, built and maintained to the highest standards and set up to be easy to handle and take care of. With two separate cabins with double berths (as well as the settees in the main cabin), the large head with separate shower area and abundant storage and tankage, she is perfect for family and friends for extended cruising.
Specializing in Morris/Hinckley Boat Sales, please call me, WYTHE INGEBRITSON: Cell: 207-664-8111 Office: 207-401-2802 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Morris new and used sailboats and brokerage Hinckley power or sailboats.
For more information on Eider Down, or any other Morris listings, please contact Morris Yachts Sales Director Wythe Ingebritson at (207) 664-8111 or email@example.com.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111 or 207-401-2802
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Chuck Paine
LOA: 50 ft 10 in
Beam: 14 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 36000 lbs
Ballast: 11400 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: J4H3TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1100
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 Stainless steel (240 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (40 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
EIDER DOWN is an exceptional vessel, combining one of the best Chuck Paine designs with the fiberglass skills of Morris Yachts and the talents of an extremely detail oriented owner whose company specializes in high-end woodworking. The hull and deck were built by Morris in 2001, shortly after the purchase of Able Yachts and using the molds from the well-respected Apogee 50. The owner, a highly skilled craftsman who had previously built out a Hinckley SW42, meticulously finished off the boat over the next three years and the boat was finished in 2004. Imagine a boat that was built personally by a boat builder with no time constraints, and every square inch inspected at length by the owner and then kept in Bristol condition. With her Leisurefurl boom, electric winches and deck layout she is easily sailed shorthanded for either an afternoon sail or a blue water cruise.
- The hull and deck were built by Morris Yachts and designed and finished to satisfy the ABS Guide for Offshore Yachts
- Composite hull with foam core, Vinylester resin and Kevlar hybrid laminate layer in both inner and outer skins.
- Deck foam cored and laid up with Vinylester resin.
- Carbon fiber spade rudder with 5" carbon fiber post and upper and lower self-aligning bearings.
- External ballast lead keel with stainless steel keel bolts.
- (8) Fixed hull portlights.
- White Awlgrip decks with tan non-skid.
- Sugar scoop stern with steps and boarding gate for easy access to the water and dinghy.
- Integrated storage for dinghy gas in bottom step of sugar scoop.
- Large hatch integrated into transom under helm seat for storage and easy access to life raft and ditch bag
- PVC rub rail painted to match hull with stainless steel half round chafe strip
The deck is designed and laid out for safety, simplicity in sail handling and comfort. Control lines are led aft to the cockpit and wide, uncluttered side decks allow easy movement around the boat and the painted on non-skid provides secure footing underway. The use of wood has been minimized on the exterior for simple maintenance.
- Double SS lifelines with stanchions and bow and stern rails with gates port, starboard and through middle of stern rail
- (9) Bomar stainless steel deck hatches.
- (6) Fiberglass dorade boxes with chromed cowlings and stainless steel guards on four forward dorades.
- SS cabin top hand rails.
- Large forepeak storage locker accessed from the deck for line/fender/sail storage. Separate partition for chain storage.
- Stainless steel stem fitting with dual anchor rollers
- Deck fitting for secondary anchor rode
- Chain stoppers for primary and secondary anchors.
- Aluminum toe rail
- Deck mounted Harken big boat traveler.
- Harken genoa tracks with car adjustment line led back to cockpit
- Separate tracks with blocks for storm staysail
- Main sheet, main halyard, main furling line, topping lift and genoa/jib sheets run back to the helm.
The large T-shaped cockpit is laid out for easy access the electric winches from the helm or settees with all control lines for main and genoa led aft. A step down under the dodger provides additional protection under way and an easier transition down the companionway.
- Access to machinery space, propane locker and lazerette spaces under cockpit seats.
- SS wheel with elkhide cover.
- Edson pedestal with separate throttle and gear controls.
- SS pedestal guard.
- Folding cockpit table mounted to pedestal guard.
- Cup/mug holder mounted on pedestal guard over table
- Cockpit cushions.
- Bimini with integrated supports eliminating forward and aft straps
- Removable filler piece to connect bimini to dodger
- Teak cockpit sole.
- Dodger with zip up front window. (New 2019)
- Welded handrail on aft end of dodge with elkhide cover.
- Switches in cockpit for all exterior lights
- Bose cockpit speakers
- Chartplotter/radar repeater mounted to port of companionway for easy viewing from helm or under cover of dodger underway
- B&G instrument displays above companionway
Interior Finish and Layout
Eider Down's interior is extremely spacious and well appointed. She is finished in exquisite detail with contrasting cherry and curly maple and high gloss varnish. The custom cabinetry incorporates beautiful details like the ornate vents cut into each storage door and intricate inlays. The cabin sole is traditional teak and holly and the overall effect is a rich, elegant interior that is both functional and attractive without being over the top. Ample light and ventilation is provided by the overhead hatches, hull ports and dorades.
The layout moving forward from the companionway is:
Upon entering the boat at the companionway a large separate shower stall is immediately to port. A watertight bulkhead door give access through the shower stall to the engine and mechanical space aft. Built in drawers and lockers outboard give considerable storage. Access to this area (and additional light when working below) is also available through the port seat locker door in the cockpit.
To starboard at the foot of the companionway is a quarter cabin with a hanging locker outboard and a large built in 8 drawer dresser and built in shelves above. The hull is finished in cherry sheathing. There is a full length shelf outboard and a hull portlight and overhead hatch for light and ventilation.
Moving forward on the starboard side is a spacious sea-friendly U-shaped galley with a three burner stove/oven outboard and a two basin sink facing inboard. The galley is finished with Corian counter tops with fiddles. Separate Fridge and Freezer lift tops are along the aft bulkhead with arched storage lockers above. Outboard are three storage compartments with sliders and a built-in microwave above. Dry storage is available through lift tops outboard fore and aft. Additional storage is offered in drawers and lockers below.
Opposite the galley is a head with a Corian countertop and sink. A cherry framed mirror is on the forward bulkhead. Storage is available from an outboard shelf and two sliders, a hinged locker in the counter as well as another locker outboard and under the sink.
Just forward of the head is a forward facing nav station. Outboard is a full breaker panel with digital amp and volt meters. All instrumentation is flush mounted outboard and forward. A full size computer monitor is mounted diagonally inboard at eye level. The chart table top is hinged with storage within. Outboard are two more lift-up storage areas. Drawers are built in below the desk for additional storage.
The main salon is beautifully finished with a raised panel forward bulkhead in cherry and curly maple. Outboard on the port and starboard are lockers (sliding lowers and hinged uppers with arched tops). A full length settee is located to starboard and a U-shaped settee with a large table to starboard. The dinette table has a hinged leaf and a detailed inlay on the top.
- Custom storage lockers for liquor storage and entertainment systems
Forward of the main salon is a spacious stateroom with a centerline queen bunk. Ample storage is outboard both port and starboard in the way of hanging lockers, upper lockers, and dressers below with drawers. The hull is finished with cherry sheathing. Two hull ports and an overhead hatch give plenty of light and ventilation. A flat screen TV is mounted on the aft bulkhead.
The electrical system on Eider Down has been carefully designed, installed and maintained and updated utilizing high quality tinned boat wire and components and is laid out so as to be easily accessible for service and upgrades. Wire runs are neatly run and well secured with each end numbered for identification.
- 12 VDC System.
- 110VAC 30 Amp shore power.
- 110VAC outlets.
- (4) AGM 4D Batteries (House) (New 2017)
- (1) AGM Start battery. (New 2017)
- (1) AGM Emergency battery.
- Start and House battery switches with emergency parallel
- Victron Energy battery monitor.
- Victron Phoenix 12v 350VA inverter
- Heart 2500 watt Inverter with remote control panel at nav station.
- Heart 90 amp battery charger.
- 12v outlet at nav station
- Balmar 400 amp alternator with smart external regulator
- Secondary alternator for charging start battery.
- Flexible solar panels mounted to bimini with Genasun solar panel charge regulators
- Copper bonding strap glassed into hull tying together all bonding points
- All lighting upgraded to LED
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- (2) Northstar 6000I chart plotters (cockpit bulkhead & nav station).
- Northstar 6000I radar.
- Samsung SyncMaster 215TW flat screen display (connected to DVD player and computer input)
- B&G Multi Data (at nav station).
- B&G autopilot (at helm).
- B&G Depth. (at sea hood).
- B&G Speed/Log (at sea hood).
- B&G Wind (at sea hood).
- B&G Tack (at sea hood).
- B&G Compass (at sea hood).
- Raymarine RH200 GPS (nav station).
- Icom IC-M602 VHF Radio (nav station).
- Icom CommandMic at helm
- Icom IC802 SSB (nav station) with AT-140 tuner.
- Ritchie Globemaster Compass (helm).
- KVH Fluxgate Compass.
- B&G Fluxgate Compass.
- Alpine AM/FM/CD Player.
- Alpine 12 disc CD changer.
- DVD Player (feeds forward stateroom TV and monitor at nav station).
- Sharp flat screen TV mounted in forward stateroom
- Alpine amplifier.
- ADS Power amp.
- XM Satellite radio.
- Bose 131 Cockpit Speakers.
- ADS Main salon speakers.
- ADS Fwd cabin speakers.
- ADS Subwoofer.
- Alpine speaker controls for each zone
The large engine room provides excellent access to all systems for maintenance and upgrades. Systems throughout the boat have been installed with high quality materials and are well thought out for service and function. Many systems are upgraded beyond what is normally done by high quality builders such as Morris and Hinckley (such as the stainless steel fuel lines and solid PVC sanitation lines). Bilges and system areas are clean and well organized and all valves and systems are carefully labeled.
- Espar heat system.
- Sea Frost Refrigeration with engine driven compressor and 110v shore assist.
- Princess stainless steel gimbaled three burner stove with oven.
- LPG System with Trident control and detection system. (New 2017)
- Isotherm HW heater (11 Gallon) shorepower, or engine heated.
- Prepped for future installation of generator
- Fireboy automatic engine room fire suppression system
- Overhead engine room lights
- 110v outlet in engine room
- Stainless steel fuel lines
- Dedicated electric diaphragm bilge pump for forepeak
- Shurflo salt water deck wash pump with flush deck removable hose fitting
- (2) 80 gallon aluminum fuel tanks (160 gallon total)
- (2) stainless steel water tanks (240 gallon total)
- 40 gallon polyethene holding tank (new 2016)
- Raritan electric head with smart toilet control (New 2017)
- Head plumbed to use either fresh or sea water
- Yanmar 4JH3TE 75hp marine diesel engine (approximately 1375 hours fall 2018).
- Deluxe Yanmar engine panel at helm with gauges for oil pressure, water temperature, tachometer and hour meter with additional warning lights
- ZF Vee drive reduction gear.
- Exhaust system: raw water discharge manifold ducted over by 2" multi ply flex hose transiting through transom through a water lift receiver.
- Dripless shaft seal.
- SS fuel shutoff valves.
- Dual racor filters with water alarm at nav station.
- 3-blade bronze feathering Max Prop.
- 1 1/4" stainless steel Aquamet shaft.
- Reverso oil change pump for engine and transmission.
- GMT sloop rigged double spreader Carbon fiber mast (keel step).
- Bird deterrent wires over spreaders
- LeisureFurl Stow Boom.
- Harken MKIII roller furling for headsail.
- Rod rigging.
- Sailtec fittings.
- Closed barrel turnbuckles.
- Sailtec Hydraulic boom vang with boom angle indicator.
- Sailtec Hydraulic backstay.
- Spinnaker pole with mast mounting system
- Removable inner forestay with staysail halyard and removable running backs
- (2) Spinnaker halyards, spare jib halyard, main halyard, topping lift, main furling line
- Mast head wind indicator
Sails and Canvas
- Harding D4 Mainsail Pentex 2008 - Excellent.
- Harding Mainsail Pentex 2004 - Good.
- Harding genoa 150% Kevlar 2004 - Excellent.
- Harding genoa 135% Pentex 2004 - Good.
- Harding jib 100% Pentex 2004 - Good.
- Harding heavy weather jib – Like new.
- Harding storm staysail – Like new.
- Harding Asymetrical spinnaker 2004 - Excellent.
- (2) Anderson 68 ST Electric two speed primaries.
- (2) Anderson 52 ST Electric two speed secondaries
- (4) Anderson 46 ST two speed (two on cabin top and two on mast)
- Muir 12VDC Vertical Capstan windlass and up/down foot switches.
- CQR Stainless steel 60lb anchor with 250' 3/8" chain.
- Bruce 60lb secondary anchor.
- Spare Fortress anchor with storage bag in forepeak
- 100' chain, 300' 3/4 nylon rode.
- (2) Electric bilge pumps with pump cycle counters and indicator light
- (2) Manual bilge pumps.
- Emergency manual Edson bilge pump.
- High water alarm.
- Carbon monoxide alarm.
- Propane alarm system.
- Winslow 8 person liferaft. (Out of inspection)
- Fire Watch FM 200 fixed engine compartment fire system.
- (4) Portable fire extinguishers.
- AIS System.
- Sea Anchor.
- SSB & VHF emergency antenna.
- Radar reflector.
- Life sling.
- Life preservers.
- Man overboard module.
- Flare Kit.
- Hand held search light.
- Emergency tiller.
- Emergency rudder.
- Wood plugs at every seacock.
- Weems & Plath Clock & Barometer.
- Magma propane grill.
- Extensive spare part inventory
Owner’s personal gear, artwork and tools do not convey.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
OCEAN SERIES 46
Bradenton, FL, United States
Ocean Series 34
Harpswell, ME, United States
Ocean Series 38
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Tampa, FL, United States