2004 Lightwave 38
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Langkawi, Malaysia
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 237,000 Tax Paid
Seaspray Yacht Sales Langkawi proudly presents for sale this Lightwave 38 Yacht, Ridgee Didge.
Ridgee Didge has returned to Langkawi. She is actively back on the market, having made the most of this Fabulous cruising season sailing through the Islands of Langkawi and Thailand. Next season, it could be you! :)
For sale in Malaysia, this Lightwave 38 was built specifically for extensive offshore cruising. The Lightwave 38 is renowned for combining impressive sailing performance and luxurious comfort in a sleek, stylish catamaran that will take you safely to the place of your dreams. One of the most refined Lightwave designs, the Lightwave 38 is spacious and airy, functional and safe, and easily handled by two. Featuring full headroom throughout Ridgee Didge has two identical master queen-sized berths, and a double aft berth, as well as a spacious head, and navigation area. Cooking, dining and serving is a breeze in the well equipped galley, with ample space for preparation and an innovative fold out saloon table where you can entertain your friends. Nestle in the comfortable saloon sofas, and enjoy the view over your transom, or dine outside on the shaded aft deck. Ridgee Didge has been loved by its current Shipwright owners, and the upkeep is impeccable. Based already at Rebak Marina, she is already on the doorstep of some of the most idyllic and tranquil cruising grounds in the world.
Seaspray Yacht Sales is a division of Seaspray Marine Services Langkawi.
Qualified Shipwright Services established and operated in Langkawi for 10 years.
Please contact Rachel Robertson at +60174814869
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 21 ft 0 in
Number of heads: 1
- Vessel Name : Ridgee Didge
- Launch Year : 2004
- Length : 38' 1" - 11.60m
- Beam : 6.65 m
- Draft : 1.1
- Displacement : Dry weight 5.9 ton with full cruise weight 8 ton
- Vessel Location : Rebak Marina Langkawi
- Region : Asia
- HIN : H. I. N no: AU-LWY38
- Registration : 857619
- Designer : Tony Granger Lightwave 38
- Builder : Lightwave Yachts Gold Coast Qld and Terry Crisp Boatbuilding for interior completion.
- Hull Material : Fibreglass/GRP
- Decks Material : Fiberglass
- Engine : 3YM30 fitted to SD20 sail drives.
- Engine Make : Yanmar
- Number Engines : 2
- Horsepower : 30 hp each
- Fuel Type : Diesel
- Engine Hours : 4000
- Engine Hours (2nd Engine) : 4000
- Max Speed : 8 knots ( on a calm day )
- Cruise Speed : 6-7 knots
- Propulsion : 2x 18"Auto stream s/s feathering props
- Fuel : 430 ltr
- Water : 440 ltrs divided into 2 tanks.
- Dinghy : 1x 3.1m rib Swift (Australia) hypalon inflatable and float covers new 06/2016
- Outboard : 1x9.8hp Tohatsu o/board (2011)
- Covers : 1x mainsail cover ( New 2018)
1x set clears on helm station pod new 10/13
1x rear and side cockpit covers
1x set hatch covers
1xset saloon window shades
1x set saloon window covers
1x set lower window covers
1x boom awning
1 pair foredeck covers for opening ports
1x set mozzie screens for hatches and ports
- Accommodation : The interior layout has two queen sizes berths forward with plenty of storage and wardrobe hanging space in the forward hull areas to reduce weight forward.
Nav station is downstairs port hull and the galley downstairs stbd hull.
Toilet is a Jabsco 12 volt electric with a 2 way valve fitted for direct overboard discharge or direct to holding tank.
Holding tank is a gravity discharge overboard or can be sucked out for shore facility. Shower is standard for the
Lightwaves in the port aft hull
Saloon has a "U"shaped settee with entertainment unit in aft port corner.
Aft in the stbd hull is a double berth with the washing machine and water-maker under this berth.
Timber trim and cupboard doors are in European Beech with an extendable timber table on s/steel legs, cockpit table is fitted on the stbd side.
Floor covers are vinyl planking with black inset in a light beech colour.
Upholstery is Macro suede in red gum. Renewed in 2011.
- Cabins : 2 x Queen Berths, and a double berth
- Berths : 6 berth
- Shower : Yes. Walk in segregated shower
- Toilet : Yes. Jabsco 12 V electric
- Entertainment : 1x JVC KD-DV6105 stereo AM/FM /CD/DVD/MP3 player coupled to a JL Audio E4300 amp with 2 saloon speakers and 2 c/pit speakers. 1x Glomax UFO 12v boosted TV antenna, 1x 23" LCD LED DVD colour TV. We run the TV on 240volt thru inverter.
- Galley : Long fully equipped, light and spaciour galley, a treat for food preparation and entertaining. Sovereign BBQ attached to the aft deck for outdoor cooking.
- Refrigeration : 1x 80 litre front opening Isotherm fridge in galley new 2008
2x 55 litre top opening units in cockpit with individual 12 volt Isotherm systems which can be run independently as fridges or freezers as required and on half thermostat settings will keep ice-cream and bread solid!!!!. Each unit uses 35 a/h per day approx in freezer mode.
- Stove : Smev 3 burner oven and grill gas cooker/ solenoid remote for gas supply to galley. 1x gas locker plus 2 x 4 kg gas bottles new 09/13 1x Sovereign BBQ.
- Water-Maker : 1x 12 volt Spectra water maker with MPC 3000 electronic controller delivering 50 litres/hr @ 16amps.
- Hot Water : 2x 20 ltr 240v/heat exchange Isotherm hot water units new 09/13
- Ground Tackle : Anchor winch Muir 2200 Atlantic with "Auto anchor" remote up/down and counter in cockpit. Up switch only fwd deck. New 2017 20kg Rocnor Vulcan with 65m 8mm high tensile chain new 2009
35lb Fortress with 15m of 10mm chain and 100m 12mm nylon. Approx lengths.
- Safety Gear : 1x v sheet
1x set deck safety lifelines
1x set underwing safety lines
1x escape/ ventilation hatch in saloon floor.
8x sealed buoyancy areas with inspection ports.
- Bilge Pumps : 4x 1500gph Rule bilge pumps with float switches set up for manual/auto operation
- Epirb : 2 x 406 MHz GME EPIRBS in date
- Life Jackets : 4x inflatable life jackets 2x Horseshoes with 1x mob light
- Flares : 1x set inshore and 1 set offshore flares expiry 2019
- Fire Protection : 4x 2.5kg approx dry powder fire extinguishers and 1x fire blanket
- Electrics : 2 x 85 a/h alternators
4x 140w Solar panels and 1 x 120w solar panel, with individual regulators (3 of the 140's are mounted on the Stainless steel davits and can tilt. ) ( new 2014)
2x Air Marine wind generators.
4x 100amp AGM batteries for house and 2x 100a/h AGM batteries for start new 1/17. Batteries are fitted with isolating/change over switches and BEP charging relays to prioritise charge from both engines and solar. Any battery bank can be used for engine starting if required.
BEP switchboards fitted with circuit breakers for 12 and 240 volt power supplies.
240volt shore power is fitted and protected with an earth leakage breaker and reverse polarity warning.
1x Xantrax 1800watt pure sine wave inverter
1x 30 amp fully automatic 3 stage battery charger
1x NEC NW 4100 twin tub washing machine
1x set Aquasignal lower nav lights new 09/13
1x Aquasignal steaming light
2x Aquasignal deck lights
1x LED Aquasignal tricolour/anchor light combination new 2009
12 xLED interior lights plus 3x cockpit lights
- Electronics / Navigation : 1x GME GP450X GPS new 2010
1x Raymaine C93 9" chartplotter new 2016
1x Icom IC-M402 VHF with DSC and cockpit remote
1x Icom 710 HF withAT130 tuner
1x Raymarine autopilot with hydraulic linear drive
1x Raymarine speed log new 2018
1x Raymarine depth sounder new 2018
1x Raymaine wind instrument new 2018
1x Raymaine Quantum24m radar new 2017
- Sail Inventory : Main 49 sq m Tri radial cut Hydranet with three reefs age 2011
Genoa 27 sq m Hydranet sail tri radial cut age 2011
Storm jib age 2004
Screacher 52 sq m Hydranet age 2014
Asymmetric spinnaker 105 sq m age 2006.
All sail trimming is handled in the cockpit.
- Mast / Rigging : Rig is by David Lambourne Rigging Brisbane, a 15m single spreader double diamond config which has been spec'd for the true cruising weight of the boat giving a stiff safe rig in all sailing conditions.
All standing rigging was replaced in 2016
10mm Furlex headsail system is fitted with 10mm dyform forestay
Port side stay insulated for HF radio antenna.
2500kg Searig screecher furler fitted on retractable prodder pole
Folding steps to masthead
- Deck Gear : Halyards and reefing are handled simply at the mast by 2 x 40 st Harken winches. Ronstan "I" beam self tacking headsail track and blocks 2:1 sheeting to winch, Ronstan genoa tracks, cars and turning blocks.
Ronstan "I" beam mainsheet track and blocks 2:1 sheeting to winch
1x retractable prodder for screecher and spinnaker
1x 6m running pole, with pole chocks fitted to stanchions on port
1 set blocks and rope clutches for spinnaker sheets and furling lines
6x mooring cleats
1x set mooring lines
5x inflatable fenders
S/steel bow rails with s/steel stanchions and 3 lifelines. Bow seats fitted to bow rails
Deck gear is a blend of Ronstan tracks and fittings with Harken winches, 1x 46 st, 2x 44st, 1x 40 st.
3x winch handles
1x s/steel swim ladder
Wheel steering is connected by cable to the link bar and rudders.
Emergency steering is set up and operated in the safety of the cockpit.
5mm amour-plate glass tinted windows
Large sliding door giving access to saloon
2x Moonlight opening ports one in each fwd cabins
7xMoonlight deck hatches
1x GRP deck hatch giving access to forward deck locker
4x access hatches giving access to cockpit lockers
2x GRP access hatches 1 to each engine room
1x double folding helm seat1x set s/steel davits
- Remarks : Note from the current owners: We have enjoyed our time aboard RD, as we have in all our boats. We have sailed approx 25,000 miles aboard RD and find her a safe and comfortable boat to travel with a capacity of a good turn of speed if you choose to. We work on daily runs of 180 miles in 15-20 knots and up the east coast of Qld have done 100 miles in a little over 12 hrs in 25 knots downwind! On autopilot! surfing at up to 19 knots so it can be done, but we really enjoy the sailing sitting around the 7-9 knots it's easy to take and the miles roll past quickly and it's still fun. Windward sailing is not bad and for a mini-keel cruising cat is actually quite outstanding. In light winds we will carry the screacher up to 15 kn (we can carry it up to 22kn) @ 60 degress app. You can tack thru 130 degrees with the screacher hard to believe but true. Actually we have won a race doing that in Phuket!( on handicap though, I can't lie). Much to everyone's surprise, 8-10 KN breeze and you are doing your 7-8 knots, plus it's better than motoring in light winds to windward. In heavier breezes is where the realistic rig designed for the true cruising weight of the boat pays off, it gives you peace of mind. Ridgee Didge was purpose built to cruise offshore and includes a 450g Kevlar laminate in all underwater areas up to 600mm above waterline to improve impact resistance. Underwater config is mini keels with balanced spade rudders and sail drives. Lightwave's yachts are built using Vinylester and polyester resins with knitted fabrics and high quality gelcoats to optimise strength. Vinylester resins and good quality gelcoat on the external laminates excludes the risks of osmosis. Ridgee Didge was constructed under instructions to minimise weight but not compromise quality and is believed to be one of the lighter vessels out of the factory. The boat is currently based on the west coast of Malaysia and Thailand.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.