2003 Magna Marine Nova Scotia 47
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tampa, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 319,900
2003 Magna Marina Nova Scotia 47
**Virtual Showings always available using your preferred video chat service, meet listing broker Rob Buscaino and get a personalized look at this boat from wherever in the world you are.**
Price improvement 4/2020
The NS47 is an incredible boat, well designed, well constructed, and loved by the few lucky enough to have owned one. The current owners of The Bar-B have cruised extensively during their twelve year ownership, including the Great Loop, Bahamas, Erie Canal, Inland Rivers, Great Lakes, Florida Intercoastal, and 19 Gulf of Mexico crossings, and now they've decided it's time for a change so this well loved Nova Scotia is available for purchase.
Her current owners have made thoughtful upgrades and provided thorough maintenance during the last twelve years, and now this unique and exceptional vessel is available for another owner to continue to enjoy.
Builder Captain Curt Marsh's personal description of these boats is copied in the Full Specs section. Some of this boat's specific highlights include:
- Cummins 480hp single diesel engine w/electronic controls, just serviced
- Efficient 3MPG cruise at 7.5 MPH, with a range of 2000nm with fuel reserve.
- Bridge davit with included 2009 Walker Bay 10' dingy w/ 20hp Honda
- Electronics refit completed at both stations.
- Spacious interior featuring ample storage, island queen master, murphy bed forward guest stateroom, jack-and-jill head with access in both staterooms, and open salon.
- Work-around engine room with easy access to both sides of the motor, systems, generator, batteries, and more. Access hatch through salon floor for easy servicing as well.
- Electronics suite at both stations including Radar and Trac-Vision (details in full specs).
- Bow and Stern thrusters with bridge controls, cockpit controls, and remote control.
- Water Maker
- Washer and Dryer
- Full walk-in master closet
There's so much more to love about this boat, please contact us for more complete details.
Landmark Yacht Sales is happy to consider all trades on this vessel. Financing is available, as is worldwide shipping, insurance, inspection or travel arrangements, and anything else you need to make this your next boat.
We look forward to finding out more about how we can help!
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Please contact Rob Buscaino at 727-422-3914
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 51 ft 0 in
Beam: 17 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 50000 lbs
Total Power: 480 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: 6CTA 8.3
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4690
Engine Power: 480 HP
Maximum Speed: 11 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (800 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
Upper and Lower Station Electronics
- Garmin 7215 Chart Plotter Touch Screen (Pilot House)
- Garmin GXm51 weather/audio satellite receiver
- Garmin HD Radar Radome
- Raymarine depth sounder
- Icom VHF at Pilot House and Helm Stations
- Garmin AIS at Pilot House & Helm
- Garmin 6212 Chart Plotter (Upper Helm)
- ZF micro commander single lever control pilot house and upper helm
- Bow and stern thruster joy sticks at two locations (pilot house and stern)
- Remote thruster control for stern and bow thrusters
- Windlass controls (additional foot pedal controls on bow)
- Guest search light
- Tank Tender
- Cummins digital display
- Inverter control panel
- Generator stop/start
- Onan 11Kw generator
- House Batteries, 4 sets of 12v (24 pak)
- Engine Batteries, 1-12V 24(pak)
- Bow & Stern Thruster, 24V switches
- Voltage Readout in Pilothouse
- Heavy Duty Generator Charger, 12V Generator Engine Alternator
- Galvanic Isolator, Guest Model 2450P
- Xanttrex 2500watt Charger / Inverter w/ Readout at Pilot House
- Charles 60 AMP Battery Charger
- Spectra Water Maker
- Washing Machine, full size
- Dryer, full size
- Water Heater 30 gallon
- Racor Fuel P510MAM fuel polisher system
- Heads waste pipe replaced w/ new PVC piping through out
- Hi Pressure Sea Water wash down pump
- Hi Pressure pump and storage tank for domestic water system
- Guest Head Jabsco Marine w/macerator
- Master Head Raritan w/ elongated bowl
- Raritan Purasan EX Sewage Treatment Device 12VDC
- Salon TV 42” w/ Sony DVD Bluray Player
- Master State Room TV 32” w/ Sony DVD Bluray Player
- King Dome Satellite System w/ Direct TV master state room and salon
- Reverso Oil Change System
- NuTone Central Vacuum Cleaner
- Pilothouse air conditioner - Cruisair 16,000BTU (new 02-2016)
- Master State Room AC - Cruisair 16,000BTU (new 07-2017)
- Salon AC - Webasto 16,000 BTU (new 07-2011)
Ground Tackle and Docking
- Main Anchor, 70lb Plow
- 275' of 5/16 G4 chain (new 2016)
- 250' of 3/4 3-strand nylon
- Secondary Anchor, 45lb Delta 275' of 3/4 3-strand nylon
- Extensive dock lines and fenders
- Broil Master Gas Grill
- Two Biminis
- 2009 Walker Bay 10’ Dingy w/ 20hp motor
RPM / Speed / MPG
1110 / 7 MPH / 3.9 MPG
1240 / 7.2 MPH / 3 MPG
1300 / 7.5 MPH / 3 MPG
1350 / 7.8 MPH / 2.7 MPG
1430 / 8.2 MPH / 2.5 MPG
1650 / 9.2 MPH / 1.8 MPG
1925 / 9.9 MPH / 1.4 MPG
Notes from the Builder
The Nova Scotia Pilothouse Trawler was the brainchild of Capt. Curt Marsh built at his former factory in Moncton, New Brunswick Canada. Hull #1 was launched and delivered on her own bottom to her new owner from The Bay Of Funday, New Brunswick, Canada to Hilton Head, SC in the cold winter of 2003.
The interior user-friendly designed floor plan is meant for cruising in comfort. She features two staterooms and two heads. The master staterom is midship features a centerline queen walk around berth, a walk-in cedar-lined 5x7 air conditioned closet and plenty of stowage drawers under the queen berth. Separate built in washer/dryer units are also featured in the master stateroom along with built in TV/stereo unit. Master stateroom head features separate very large shower stall, electric whisper flush head, corian sink w/designer faucets, corian counter top, medicine cabinet and lots of cupboard storage below sink area.
The guest/office stateroom is forward, featuring ultra leather sofa and behind this sofa is a murphy-style double guest bed, computer size desk, built-in wall linen cupboard, book shelves and full size cedar lined hanging locker. The quest head features electric whisper flush head, corian sink with designer faucets, medicine cabinet and storage cupboard below sink.
For a boat this size it may be a surprise to hear that the walk-in engine room features 6'8" headroom and it's air conditioned, comes with built-in workbench, vice and toolbox.
The aft salon is ready for entertaining with a bar, entertainment center, an abundance of space and luxury, electric sofa/sleeper, recliner chair and teak & holly floor. Access to the 5'X 7' storage commissary is through a salon floor hatch.
The large U-shaped galley is open to the salon and would make a gourmet chef feel right at home, featuring three burner gas range with built in convection/microwave oven, double corian sinks with designer faucets, above and below cupboard storage, plenty of drawer storage, full size refrigerator/freezer and plenty counter space.
The pilothouse is a captains dream come true! Inside access from the pilothouse to the flybridge. This raised pilothouse features a center line captains helm seat, full electronics display package with all the bell's and whistles, 6'8" watch berth, port & starboard dutch doors to side decks.
This vessel is very comfortable, a home away from home, ideal for the cruising couple and has space for the occasional guests. Very economical cruising speed with her single 480 hp Cummins diesel @ 7 knots she gets 2 miles per gallon and at 6 knots she gets over a 2000 mile range and her top speed is 11 knots. She holds 800 gallons of diesel fuel, draft is 5-1/2', beam 17', bridge clearance 22'with antennas down, LOA 51', holding tank 100 gallons, water tank 300 gallons, displacement 50,000 lbs.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.