2003 J Boats J 109, J/109, J109
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 99,000
In 2017 she participated in the bi-annual Annapolis to Newport Race where Rosalita took 1st Place in PHRF 2. In 2018 they placed 1st in PHRF B for the 69th Down the Bay Race. Rosalita also took part in the J/109 One Design Class at the 2015 and 2017 Block Island Race Weeks. The 2015 and 2016 Governors Cup turned up a 1st and 2nd Place trophy respectively in PHRF A2. Rosalita took 2nd Place in the 2015 J/109 NE Championships.
A proven winner thanks to a thoughtful owner and regular upgrades, Rosalita is well positioned for continuing to win silver. She would be the perfect J/109 to join a growing fleet in the mid-Chesapeake or the New England fleet.
Rosalita is a Northern Chesapeake Bay boat that has lived much of it's life in water of very low salinity. Her material condition is excellent for the age. Please click on the Full Specs to learn more about Rosalita and why she is the right J/109 for you!
Available to view strictly by appointment.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Contact Erik Haaland; CPYB (410)279-3027 Talk or Text
Italia Yachts USA Sales Director and North American Hylas Yachts New/Brokerage Sales
David Walters Yachts
Port Annapolis Marina
7080 Bembe Beach Rd Suite 111
Annapolis, MD 21403
(410) 279-3027 - Cell
Erik is a Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Florida Licensed/Bonded
Go to www.CPYB.net to learn more about how a CPYB Broker can better work for you!
Please contact Erik Haaland at 410-279-3027
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Rod Johnstone
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 35 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 30 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 10900 lbs
Ballast: 3900 lbs
Dry Weight: 10900 lbs
Total Power: 28 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3GM30F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 28 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
The J/109 is setup with two large cabins, two settees in the saloon, nav station, galley, and head. Plus a sail locker behind the head. There is plenty of space for the full crew aboard so you can participate in away regattas or couples cruising!
- Port side hanging locker.
- Starboard side locker.
- Large storage space beneath berth.
- Shelving on port side.
- Cabin door currently removed for racing but aboard.
- Port and starboard settees, deep with thick cushions, great for sea berths! Port settee has lee cloth.
- Saloon table with drop leaves and storage space inside.
- Port and starboard lockers and shelving.
- Under starboard settee; bladder water tank, batteries and storage.
- Under port settee; bladder water tank and storage, access to water valves.
- Three opening port lights.
- Large chart desk with electronics.
- Lee cloth
- Storage below seat
- Double basin stainless steel sink
- Hot/cold pressure freshwater with pull out nozzle
- Foot pump freshwater
- Force 10 2-Burner range with oven and broiler
- Ice box
- Raritan manual toilet
- Holding tank with overboard discharge valve and hand pump
- Hot/cold sink with pull out shower, shower sump pump
- Large double berth
- Short hanging locker
- 12V fan
- Cockpit portlight
Sails & Rigging
The seller purchased another vessel in the past year, these sails have not been used for two seasons and as such are in good condition.
- North Performance Dacron, class legal, very good condition - 2017
- UK Titanium, very good condition - 2015
- UK light air tape drive class jib, good condition - 2016
- North 3DL light/med genoa, fair condition - 2014
- Doyle heavy class jib, good condition - 2014
- Heavy Air Jib - A2N compliant
- North Class Asym, used 2-3 times - 2018
- North PHRF 120 sq m - older but good shape
- North heavy air 108 sq m - older but good shape
- Several other delivery/cruising sails
- Storm Jib and Storm Tri Sail - A2N compliant
- Standing Rigging Nitronic 50 continuous rod and turnbuckles - replaced 2017
- Running rigging updated regularly
- Sailtec hydraulic backstay with pump handle
- Harken blocks and stoppers
- Spinlock clutches
- Harken 46 2-speed primary winches
- Harken 40 2-speed secondary winches
- Harken travel with single point mainsheet in cockpit.
- Harken MkIII furler
- Sparcraft aluminum mast and boom.
Electronics and Navigation
Rosalita is well equipped with current sailing electronics including a new set of companionway instruments and AIS transceiver.
- Raymarine ST4000+ Autopilot with Wheel Drive
- Cockpit speaker for VHF
- Garmin GPSMAP 441
- Ritchie Powerdamp Compass
- Polk cockpit speakers (Qty 2)
- Raymarine i70 Instruments (Qty 4) with wind wand and depth/speed/temp tri-ducer, all installed in 2018.
- Garmin echoMap CV GPS/Sounder
- B&G V50 VHF with AIS Receiver
- B&G Wireless Mic for VHF
- Emtrac AIS transceiver
- Sony AM/FM/CD/Sirius Ready Stereo
- Bose Speakers (Qty 2) mounted on saloon bulkhead.
The hull gleams on this J/109! She just received a full detail for the season. Being a SCRIMP resin infused built J/Boat of this era she does have the normally seen gelcoat crazing on the transom and hull sides along the waterline and some on deck. The hull is built with Baltek Contourkore end grained balsa plus vinylester resins to protect against hull blisters. The internal structure is bonded to the hull and deck and bulkheads are tabbed to the hull and deck to increase stiffness.
- March 2020 full detail and wax.
- Typical hull crazing for this year SCRIMP built J/Boat, has been inspected professionally and no moisture found.
- Black Widow race bottom, burnished - 2018
- Transom shower hot/cold
- Trolling rod holder
- Removable transom locker/dock box. Great for away racing events!
- Life line gates port and starboard
- Gebo deck hatches
- Dodger (Qty 2) Tan in good shape, Navy in need of re-stitching
- Navy canvas covers for helm, mainsheet, winches, mainsail cover
- Group 29 860 MCA Lead Acid Start Battery (Being replaced this Spring)
- Group 27 800 MCA Lead Acid House Battery (Being replaced this Spring)
- Guest battery selector/combiner.
- BEP 12V DC electrical panel with breakers.
- BEP digital battery gauge.
- 12V outlet
- ProSport 8 2-Bank battery charger with extension cord (there is no permanent shore power installed)
- Bilge pump with automatic Ultra sensor and manual over-ride.
Engine & Mechanical
The Yanmar auxiliary has been professionally maintained and all services are up to date, including the sail drive gasket!
- Major engine overhaul, including injection pump rebuilt, valve job, bearings replaced - 2012
- Injectors rebuilt and valve seals replaced - 2018
- Sail drive diaphragm gasket replaced and sail drive leg pressure tested - 2019
- New water pump and engine mounts.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.