2003 Hallberg-Rassy 43
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tracys Landing, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 345,000
The Hallberg-Rassy 43 Mk I was built in 150 units from 2001-2007. She has won Yacht of the Year in Germany, Best Midsize Cruiser in the USA, Best overall Cruising boat in the USA as well as Top 10 in the US and Import Boat of the Year in Australia 2006. The Mk I was followed by the Mk II version and later the 43 Mk III, both later models used the same hull as the Mk I which speaks for itself.
The HR 43 has all the typical Hallberg-Rassy benchmarks. It goes without saying that this is a well-built blue water cruiser. The interior floor is all in one level, there is a seagoing galley, a hard windshield, a rubbing strake to the hull, big engine, generous tankage and timeless beautiful lines with a natural grace.
Furthermore the HR43 is well recognized to be one of the best and most sought after long distance cruising boats on the market Today. She is known for her comfort, speed, safety and of course, her elegance.
“Cadence” offers all the right options starting with Hallberg-Rassy signature Hardtop and the most comfortable easy chairs, inmast furling, bow thruster, shoal draft, generator, air conditioning, Webasto diesel heater, solar panels, hydrovane, watermaker, AIS, Inmarset KVH voice & data, Isolation transformer 220v=120V, high output alternator, dual chargers and inverter,and dual autopilots.
“Cadence” has been very well maintained and has received constant upgrades.
Some of her recent Highlights include:Standing rigging, port light and hatches, upholstery, AGM batteries, through hulls, windlass,anchor and chain, just to mention a few.
Specializing in Quality Cruising Yachts
Please contact Roger Johansson at 410-867-9022
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: German Frers
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 44 ft 6 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
LWL: 38 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 28000 lbs
Ballast: 9950 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 5 in
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2003
Engine Model: D-2 55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3750
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 55 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (105 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (20 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Interior woodwork in light mahogany matte silk finish. Floor is varnished teak with inlaid holly stripes. Carpeted throughout, replaced in 2017. Two cabins, two head compartments. Hella turbo fans (4) for additonal ventilation. Upholstery replaced in aft cabin and salon (2017). Portlights (replaced and resealed in 2015) are fitted with custom curtains (2017)
Salon: L shaped sofa to port with backrests on hinges for additional storage. Strong, fixed table with drop leaves and top opening bar. Stb side of salon with two Hallberg-Rassy signature easy chairs and entertainment center.
- Binocular rack at companionway
- Mini safe
- Lee cloths (aft cabin & salon port settee)
- Wempe Ship's Clock and Barometer
Aft Cabin: Extra wide double berth to starboard and settee.Stowage room below and above. Mounted mirrror, book shelves and plenty of natural light.
Aft Head Compartment with separate shower, well ventilated with opening portlight. White laminate, teak grating. Electric toilet. Washbasin and countertop.
Forward Cabin: Generous sized forward cabin with two long berths with stowage above and below, hanging lockers. Spectrum watermaker under berth. Hatch and opening portlight for ventilation and light.
Forward Head Compartment with separate shower, fitted mirror. White laminate, teak grating. Basin and countertop, cupboard above and below basin. Electric freshwater toilet new in 2014.
Working surface in white laminate with strong, all around fiddle rail. Well insulated refrigerator plus additional deep freezer with dual thermostats.
- Force 10 2-burner stove w/oven and broiler (2015)
- Deep double stainless steel sink with cover
- Crockery locker, cutlery drawer, bread board
- Ample stowage for saucepans and utensils
- Water cooled Isotherm SP system with Danfoss compressor unit for refrigeration and freezer
- Hot and cold pressurized water with equalizing tank
- Hot water tank, new 2015
- Fresh water foot pump
- Galleyware - pots, pans, utensils and dishware, etc
- Double filtered water in the galley
Electronics and Navigation
Nav Station: Spacious chart table, shelves, drawers and stowage. There is a larger gasket sealed 2-door access to the engine room off the walkthrough. Good headroom in the walkthrough thanks to use of cockpit coaming for headroom. Behind the navstation portside there is a wet locker. Freezer is behind Nav area.
- Furuno Nav Net installed in 2014
- Two Multifunction Displays
○ TZ Touch 14 inch Cockpit
○ TZ Touvh 9 inch Navstation
- Furuno Radar
- Furuno Echo Sounder
- Furuno Auto Pilot and backup RayMarine originally installed
- Inmarsat KVH, V3: Voice and data
- Icom SSB
- Icom VHF with cockpit repeater
- AIS transmit receive system
- Linksys Router for HotSpot
- Radar pole with support legs and engine lift
- Lifting arm on radar pole
- AM/FM/CD player with speakers in cockpit - 2017
This boat is equipped to work on both European and American charging system
- 12V DC outlets at helm station, cockpit and salon
- 120V/30amp shore power system with 4 outlets
- 120V/30amp shore power for air conditioning
- Panda 4.9 Kw generator 120V/60Hz -replaced 2013 - Approx 1200 hours
- MarineAir dual units air conditioning - 10,000 and 12,000 BTU's with controls in main salon and aft cabin.
- Volt, water and diesel meter.
- International navigation lights, steaming light and anchor light with switch on the
- Four solar panels, two flexible Solbian mounted on bimini, two rigid mounted on
- New Battery Bank - 2019 Lifeline AMG 800Amp hour house bank, seperate Lifeline engine battery and two Rolls batteries for bow thruster 2017
- Two battery inverter chargers:
○ Xantrex inverter and Isolation transformer
- Mastervolt Isolation transformer allows 110 or 220 charge
- MK3 Grounding plate
- Selector switch for shore power
- Eight (8) 115V outlets through out the boat.
- Marinco shore power inlet
- Insulation transformer Ivet C 3,5kW in110/220 Out 110V
- Updated high output Alternator with double belt pulley 2019
- Balmar Smart Regulator for high output alternator
Deck and Safety
- Hull sand blasted and applied 5 coats Interprotect e2000 2013
- Hallberg-Rassy's signature hard top with teak
- Deck, coachroof, toerail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and side trims in top quality teak laid in silicon rubber
- Teak hand rails full length of superstructure.
- Strong stem fitting with bow roller.
- Electric Lemar windlass with capstan 2017
- Anchor winch remote control at steering pedestal
- Rocna 33kg with 300ft of chain 2019
- Aft lifelines replaced with stainless rails for holding solar and accessories 2014
- Double stainless lifelines with opening gates port and starboard.
- Deck inlets for water and diesel tanks
- Integrated bathing platform in transom with folding ladder
- Hot and cold shower at bathing platform
- Deck wash pump with hose
- Cockpit dry stowage locker with storage slots for wash boards.
- Teak grating
- High gloss varnished folding teak cockpit table.
- Strong windscreen with opening center section
- Chart tables and washboards in high gloss varnish
- Teak Outboard bracket
- New acrylic and seals in salon and aft cabin hatches (2019)
- Tri Color toplight
- AIS Simrad 2014
- Winslow 6 person life raft (Needs Service)
- Lifebelt fittings (3) in cockpit
- Life-Sling with 3-in-1 lifting block and tackle
- Horseshoe throwable in bracket
- EPIRB - needs to be updated
- Complete cockpit enclosure
- Bosun's chair
- MOM 8 Solas MOB
Engine Room and Systems
Volvo Penta D2-55 :3700 hours meticulously maintained
- 3-bladed Gori folding propeller with overdrive
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into an 11 gallon well insulated hot water tank new in 2015
- The engine is served by a separate 12 V battery.
- Three bilge pumps; one manual, electric and high capacity electric
- High water alarm
- Double Racor filters
- Electric oil change pump
- Bow Thruster
- Webasto Diesel heater - rebuilt 2015
- Spectra Watermaker Ventura 150
- All thru hulls in bronze, grounded - 2014
Sails and Rigging
New Standing Rigging 2018
- Rig by Selden
- Selden Rodkick with gas spring- New gas spring (2019)
- NavTec Backstay tensioner
- Spinnacker pole against mast with topping lift
- 2 mainsheet winches, size 40 CST at mast
- Lewmar 40 CST main/outhaul winch
- Lewmar 58 CST Genoa sheet winches
- Hatches, windows, blocks and winches by Lewmar
- Doyle Gennaker
- Winch handle pockets
- New Hallberg-Rassy pedestal cover (2018)
- Silver Sunbrella UV cover on jib
- Elvstrom furling main
- Elvstrom furling working jib
- Hank on Storm jib
- Storm Trysail
- Removable inner forestay
- AB Dingy 9ft, 2018, Honda 10hp 2018
- Weems Plath Electronic Barometer
- Complete D2-55 Schematic and Parts Diagrams/binder/manuals
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Free State Yachts
Tracys Landing, MD, United States
Deale, MD, United States
Tracys Landing, MD, United States
Deale, MD, United States
43 Pilothouse MKII
Tracys Landing, MD, United States