2003 X-Yachts X-442
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 135,000 Tax Paid (US$ 167,157)
A proper performance cruiser which has had no expense spared in her maintenance; engine, deck and paint have all been done recently. The X-442 remained in production for more than 10 years and proved to be a very popular model due to being a very capable fun fast cruiser but also great for racing. A fabulous yacht for a family looking to cruise quickly in comfort or some cross channel racing.
Please contact Sophie Kemp at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Niels Jeppesen
LOA: 44 ft 3 in
Beam: 13 ft 7 in
LWL: 36 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Displacement: 9662 kgs
Total Power: 57 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH57
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 57 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Blue painted hull (2019).
- GRP hull and superstructure.
- Teak laid deck and cockpit. Replaced March 2015.
- White antifouled hull.
Keel & Rudder:
- Semi balanced GRP rudder replaced July 2015. (Following damage due to grounding of rudder).
- Aluminium stock.
- Rod link steering system connected to an alloy quadrant.
- Lead bulb keel bolted directly to the hull with stainless steel bolts and reinforced by internal galvanised steel stringer/floor matrix.
- Epoxy coated keel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 57hp 4JH57 (March 2019).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – 42.2 hours as of January 2020.
- Engine last serviced: December 2019.
- Cruising speed – approx 6 knots.
- Maximum speed – approx 9 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3 blade folding propeller.
- Saildrive replaced March 2019.
- 12vDC domestic system with 220v ring main from shorepower.
- 3 x Service batteries.
- 1 x Engine start battery.
- Mastervolt 40A automatic battery charger.
- 12V engine alternator.
- Cable & connection for shore power.
Adverc battery management system.
- All seacocks replaced in March 2015.
- 1 x Manual bilge pump.
- 1 x Electric bilge pump.
- Total capacity 350 litres.
- 2 x Stainless steel fuel tanks.
- Total capacity 450 litres.
- 3 x Stainless steel water tanks.
Blackwater holding tank:
- 1 x PVC holding tank replaced 2018.
- Tank under port aft berth.
- Raymarine Warranty valid until June 2021.
- Raymarine Axion Pro eS7 MFD (July 2018).
- 4 x Raymarine i70 Multi-function Displays installed above companionway (May 2017).
- Plastimo Compass (August 2018).
At chart table:
- Raymarine Axiom Pro eS9 MFD (July 2018).
- Raymarine eS9 MFD chart plotter.
- ICS Navtex.
- Simrad RD68 VHF/DSC.
- Raymarine AIS (July 2018).
- Twin stainless steel circular sinks.
- Gas check (2018).
- 2 x Shower discharge pumps, 1 in each heads.
- New pumps (2018).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher diesel heating.
- Sony radio / CD.
- Cabin lighting throughout
Summary of Accommodation:
- 6 berths in 3 double cabins.
- Cream saloon upholstery. Original green upholstery in cabins.
- Teak joinery throughout.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Forward Owners double cabin with ensuite heads.
- Saloon with galley to starboard and dining table and seating to port.
- Galley with four burner gas hob and oven and refrigerator.
- Navigation / chart table to starboard.
- Heads to port with macerator pump and holding tank.
- Two double berths aft.
- Sparcraft anodised aluminium mast, keel stepped with 3 spreaders.
- Rig check 2019.
- Sparcraft anodised aluminium boom.
- Sparcraft anodised aluminium spinnaker pole.
- Profurl headsail furling system.
- 8mm rod backstay with a hydraulic tensioner.
- 8mm detachable babystay.
- 6mm runners with block and tackle dyneema tensioners.
- Rod rigging replaced in 2013.
- Fredrickson mainsheet and genoa tracks with sliding lead blocks, traveller and control lines.
- 2 x Harken 56ST two speed primary winches.
- 2 x Harken 46ST two speed electric/manual utilised by the mainsheet, mounted on the side coamings forward of the wheel.
- 2 x Harken 46ST two speed halyard winches mounted on the cabin roof.
- 2 x Harken 46 ST two speed spinnaker sheet winches mounted on cabin roof; these additional winches were installed in March 2019.
- Cruising Sails -
- One Sails furling roller Genoa – 2014.
- One Sails dacron main with 3 reefs – 2014.
- Cruising chute and snuffer.
- Racing sails built by Sanders Sails, Lymington in April 2015 -
- Mainsail with 3 reefs, black Kevlar membrane with Taffeta.
- No.1 Genoa, 140%; black Kevlar membrane with Taffeta.
- No. 3 Genoa with battens; black Kevlar with Taffeta.
- All-purpose spinnaker, 0.75oz.
- Heavy reacher spinnaker; 1.5oz.
- Sheets and Guys for the above sails.
- Large teak cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Loftrans Cayman Anchor windlass (2018).
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Blue canvas sprayhood.
- Ocean Safety 8-man liferaft – ISO 9650-1 – Greater than 24 hours pack. (Serviced June 2019, next due 2022).
- Extinguishers throughout.
- Checked 2019.
- September 2017 – repair to bow fittings and pulpit and guardrail following damage sustained in “port/ starboard” collision. TEXA was on starboard and full liability was assumed by third party.
- April 2019 – damage sustained to guard rails and deck fittings following collision in Berthon Marina due to failure of Morse cable jamming saildrive in ahead. Guardrails and deck fittings replaced, and gelcoat repaired, and topsides repainted.
- All maintenance and repairs have been undertaken by Berthon Boatyard whilst TEXA has been under the current ownership.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
X-442, TEXA @ Berthon.co.uk
Other Boats from Berthon
X-41 One Design