2002 Puffin Boats 42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Dover, NH
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 399,000
Don't let her 42' size fool you, this yacht is more of a mini-ship in capability and construction. Her steel hull is durable yet efficient, at close to 19 tons displacement she is capable of handling the worst Mother Nature can throw at her. Van Meer designed the hull to enable sailing in the shallowest of waters and cross oceans. On top of internal 4,400# of ballast there is an additional 2,700# in the foil shaped centerboard. With the board up she draws shy of 4' so you can get into the smallest island holes you can find.
The Puffin deck layout and construction was done with safety in mind. Her high bulwarks will keep you on deck while moving about, and the uncluttered layout will allow easy handling of the cutter sail plan. There is a non-overlapping yankee at the end of the sprit, a furling staysail, high aspect main, and spinnaker. The cockpit is nicely protected with a dodger and bimini. Most controls are led aft (main halyard and reefs are done at the mast) and the traveler is mounted forward of the dodger on top the deck house, the cockpit is large and uncluttered.
Below is what you would expect of a yacht of this caliber and more. The raised salon with large picture windows gives you and your guests and uncompromising view as the world goes by. To port is the salon table with leather upholstery, the table also drops down to form a double berth. To starboard is a fully equipped nav station and behind that is a single sea berth that also doubles as a storage area when not in use. Yes, those are real opening port holes in the forward portion of the salon. This design is kindly for both island hopping and riding out a gale. Continuing below to the lower salon and it just gets better. It's hard to believe this is a 42' yacht. Immediately to port, under the raised salon, is a large double berth. In the middle of the salon is a large table, with galley to port and a large L shaped-settee to starboard. The galley arrangement on this boat lends more to a gourmet kitchen then an afterthought tucked into a corner as it is with many production boats. You and your guests can be easily entertained in both salons, and the chef can remain a part of the action. Such a rarity on any boat, let alone one of this size. Plus the head room! The Dutch after all are some of the tallest Europeans, almost 6' 6" of clearance! This is thanks to Van Meers rounded bilge design; 93% of her length is water line. The interior mahogany joinery, wood headliner, and bronze hardware fill the soul with warmth and comfort. Forward of the galley is the head to starboard with a separate shower to port. Entrance to both from the galley or master stateroom. The master stateroom forward features a large double bed along the starboard side and a seat on the port side next to the large hanging locker. A solid bulkhead separates the chain locker and bow from the cabin area.
The listing agent has known the seller for his entire life, and I have not only sailed upon her numerous times but was lucky enough to meet One Love in Bermuda on her maiden voyage from Europe, leaving from England with a stop in the Azores. One Love was the US show boat for Puffin, and she was in the Newport Boat Show in 2003, Annapolis Fall Show in 2004, and again in Newport in 2005.
A yacht of this caliber is about as unique you can get on the water without spending millions on a completely custom build. The build quality, fit and finish, and thoughtfulness that went into the construction of One Love is second to none. You will not find a better ocean cruiser in this size range.
If you're in the market for a world voyager with a head turning look this is your ticket. Be sure not to pass up a look at One Love.
Bottom stripped and barrier coated in 2016Certified Grade A Shipbuilding SteelCE Rated Class A
Available to view strictly by appointment.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Contact Erik Haaland; CPYB (410)279-3027 Talk or Text
Italia Yachts USA Sales Director and North American Hylas Yachts New/Brokerage Sales
David Walters Yachts
Port Annapolis Marina
7080 Bembe Beach Rd Suite 111
Annapolis, MD 21403
(410) 279-3027 - Cell
Erik is a Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Florida Licensed/Bonded
Go to www.CPYB.net to learn more about how a CPYB Broker can better work for you!
Please contact Erik Haaland at 410-279-3027
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Oliver F van Meer
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 50 ft 10 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 6 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 7 in
Displacement: 36500 lbs
Ballast: 7100 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 10 in
Total Power: 83 HP
Engine Brand: Deutz
Engine Model: DT4.29
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2900
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 83 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (127 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
- Option 1 Standard Layout
- Dickinson Alaska diesel cabin heater
- Lee cloths on all berths
- Solid Mahogany joinerywork with bronze fixtures. Has to be seen to appreciate the quality and craftsmanship that has gone into this vessel.
- Separate shower stall with sink.
- Sidepower Bow Thruster
- Lofrans Tigres 1200W electric anchor windlass
- 200ft of 10mm anchor chain
- 90lb Hall anchor
- Fortress FX50 secondary anchor with chain and rode
- 5x SS dorade vents
- 7x Lewmar ocean series opening deck hatches
- 12x opening bronze and glass round port lighter
- Viking 6 man offshore canister liferaft mounted on foredeck (Last serviced 2005)
- Cradle for tender to sit upright on foredeck
- Fairclough winter cover
- Bimini and Dodger, no side curtains but zippers in place for one to be added.
- Sun shades for bimini in hot weather at anchor.
- Force 10 3 burner propane stove with oven - gimballed
- Front opening DC Isotherm refrigeration in galley
- Engine Driven Sea Frost refrigeration, extra insulated, dual cold plate deep freezer
- Double SS sink
- Simrad AP20 autopilot with simrad hydraulic pump spare pump on board
- ICOM M-700 SSB
- ICOM M-502 VHF radio w/ RAM mic at helm
- Raymarine ST60 Speed, Depth, and Wind
- Raymarine digital radar
- Raymarine RL70 Chartplotter with radar overlay
- Poly Planar stereo with speakers in cabin and cockpit
- 2x Sunpower 130w solar panels
- Blue Sky Solar Boost 3024i MPPT solar charge controller
- Mastervolt 1kw mass/sine inverter
- Mastervolt 100amp 120/240v 50/60hz Battery Charger - new 2015
- 600Ah@24v House batteries 4x 4d AGM - new 5/2016
- 2x Optima engine start batteries
- Balmar 100amp alternator - dual pulley/belt - w/Balmar external regulator
- All cabin lights LED
Sails and Rigging
- Decries Full Batten Main, Yankee, Staysail 2003 (Good Condition)
- Asym Spinnaker
- Hall Spars double spreader rig
- Fredriksen ball bearing mainsail cars
- Reckmann roller furling on genoa and jib
- 2x Andersen 52st 2 speed self tailing electric primary winches
- 2x Andersen 46st 2 speed self tailing secondary winches
- Andersen 12st furling line winch
- Andersen 28st main sheet winch
- 3x Andersen 28st halyard and reefing winches on mast
- Hall Spars rigid screw-type boom vang/boom kicker
- Lawmar Blocks
- Max Prop Folding Prop
- Spare Fixed 3 Blade Prop
- All sanitary plumbing into holding tank (Black and Gray Water)