2002 Malo 42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 182,500 Tax Paid (US$ 235,754)
As only the Swedish can, she was the last Malo 42 to be built in 2003. Ordered by experienced owners and still in their ownership. She has a myriad of clever touches born out of experience. Used for 6 months of the year for Caribbean cruising. She has benefitted from continual upgrades and is ready for more adventures.
Please contact Sophie Kemp at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Malo Yachts
Designer: Malo Yachts
LOA: 43 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
LWL: 34 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 7 in
Displacement: 14021 kgs
Total Power: 99 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 99 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate).
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White GRP hull with blue stripe.
- Teak side deck and coach roof. Sanded 2018.
- Copper coated hull (2012).
Keel & Rudder:
- Encapsulated lead keel.
- ¾ skeg hung rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH3-HTE 99HP.
- Yanmar Kanzaki KM4A 2.63 gear ratio.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – 5,320 as of June 2020.
- Engine last serviced: April 2019, Impeller Jan 2020.
- Cruising speed – approx 6 knots @ 2,200rpm.
- Maximum speed – approx 7.5 knots @ 2,800rpm.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 3.5-4 litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – approx 600Nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Flex O Fold prop.
- Jefa rod steering.
- 10hp Side-Power bowthruster.
- Hydrovane self-steering.
- 12vDC domestic system with 220v ring main from generator and shorepower.
- 5 x Firefly Carbon Foam AGM Service batteries. – 110Ah (Jan 2020)
- 1 x Engine & generator start battery (Nov 2018).
- Mastervolt battery charger (Feb 2020).
- Balmar 12v engine alternator with smart charger (2012).
- Spare alternator – not fitted.
- Duogen wind generator.
- Detachable solar panel.
- Northern Lights 5 kW 50hz (2012).
- Generator hours – 2,265 as of June 2020.
- Generator last serviced: April 2019.
- Cable and foreign adaptors.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot & cold water.
- Galley foot pump
- Spectra 200T.
- 25 – 30L per hour.
- Membrane replaced 2012.
- 2 x Manual.
- 1 x Electric.
- 2 x Stainless steel tanks
- 1 x 370L Stainless steel tank.
- 3 x Stainless steel tanks.
- Total capacity: 750L.
Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 x 50L Stainless steel tanks.
- Raymarine E125 Hybrid touch chartplotter (2015) Charts for S.America, N. America and Caribbean.
- Raymarine i60 Speed.
- Raymarine i60 Depth.
- Raymarine i60 Wind.
- Raymarine ST60 Wind (In place but not wired in and replaced by i60).
- Vespermarine AIS WatchMate (2020).
- Raymarine 7000i autopilot.
At chart table:
- Raytheon B&W radar.
- Raytheon GPS.
- Iridium sat phone.
- RedBox router.
- Icom IC-M710 SSB.
- Icom IC-M604 VHF with cockpit extension (US, CANADA AND INT).
- Icom handheld VHF.
- Smev 2 burner hob and oven.
- Double stainless steel sinks with covers.
- Seagull filtered drinking water tap.
- Isotherm top loading freezer.
- Frigoboat front opening fridge.
- Fresh water foot pump.
- Large aft heads with pull out shower.
- Separate shower and separate heads forward.
- Raritan large heads.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher diesel heating (2013).
- Pioneer CD/Radio.
- Majority of lighting is LED.
- Mood strip lighting.
- Red night lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 berths in 2 cabins.
- Saloon sleeps 2 with lee cloths to both berths.
- Blue Malö upholstery in saloon (2015).
- Cream Corian worktops in galley.
- Mahogany joinery throughout.
- Teak and holly sole.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Owners cabin forward with large berth and customised sprung mattress. Drawers beneath and wardrobe storage to starboard and port, 3 cabinets and shelves either side of berth. Port side of cabin has an ensuite heads and starboard has a separate shower.
- Aft of the cabin is the saloon with expanding table and U shaped seating to port and bench seat to starboard. Both sides can be used as a sea berth and have lee cloths.
- Aft of the saloon is the galley to port with lots of worktop space, top loading freezer and front loading fridge. Lovely cream Corian worktops.
- Opposite the galley is the forward facing chart table with nav gear and switch panel.
- Aft of the galley is the second cabin with berth infill and wardrobe storage and cabinets.
- Aft of the chart table is the day heads which has a pull out shower and wet locker.
- GALADRIEL has a slightly bigger galley and bigger aft heads than the standard Malö 42.
- Selden aluminium mast.
- Cutter rig
- Furlex genoa and cutter furler.
- Single line slab reefing main – 3 reefs.
- 2 x Carbon fibre Selden spinnaker poles.
- Track for tri-sail on mast.
- Selden vang.
- Running backstays
- 1 x 40ST Andersen winch.
- 1 x 40ST Electric Andersen winch.
- 2 x 58ST Andersen winches.
- 1 x Halyard winch on mast.
- North Sails main (2018).
- North Sails genoa (2018).
- Storm jib.
- Bow ladder.
- Stainless steel solid sprayhood.
- Stainless steel bimini frame.
- Stern swimming ladder on aft sugar scoop.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Electric Loftrans Kobra with remote and wireless remote.
- 25kg Rocna with 60m of 10mm chain
- Fortress anchor with 10 metre chain, rode and storage bag.
- 30kg Stainless steel claw (Spare anchor).
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- White vinyl cockpit cushions with blue piping and breathable backs (2012).
- Cream sprayhood attached to targa arch.
- Cream cockpit tent with sides.
- Foredeck tent for sun protection.
- Tonneau cover for cockpit.
- Assorted rail bags and mast bags from sheet and halyard storage.
Tender & Outboard:
- AB RIB dinghy stored on foredeck (2017).
- Tohatsu 2-stroke 9.8hp outboard (2017).
- Transom outboard hoist.
- Transom outboard bracket.
- 4-man Ocean Safety liferaft (2017)(First service due October 2020).
- Guardian 3SI EPIRB (2017).
- 2 x Horseshoe buoys.
- 3 x Fire extinguishers.
- 2 x Fire blankets.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Malo 42, GALADRIEL @ BerthonInternational.com
Other Boats from Berthon International