2002 Legacy Yachts 28
- View Full Specifications
NEWLY LISTED AND READY TO GO!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Charleston, SC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 79,900
November 7, 2019: $10,000 price reduction. This is a great boat, schedule a showing before she's gone!
Looking for a fast, beautiful motoryacht that's comfortably appointed and easy to manage? This beautiful Downeast-style express cruiser ticks off all the boxes! Life’s circumstances have unfortunately necessitated the sale of this owner's cherished Legacy 28. She has been meticulously maintained by professional boat yards for her entire life, and has been stored in a covered dry-stack facility when not in use. Clean, capable and economical to operate, this boat is ready to go cruising or weekending now!
For more details, or to schedule a viewing of this yacht, please contact Charles Hunt
Please contact Charles Hunt at (843)607-3148
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bill Langan
Hull Shape: Modified Vee
LOA: 28 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 2 ft 2 in
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Deadrise: 5 ° at Transom
Dry Weight: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 315 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: 6LPA STP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 132
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 315 HP
Cruising Speed: 23 mph
Maximum Speed: 30 mph
Fresh Water Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (120 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of heads: 1
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Equipment, recent upgrades and maintenance
This vessel's owner has been very actively involved with regard to maintenance and upkeep. Miscellaneous details and recent maintenance/improvements include:
- Professionally maintained at all times Rex Marine CT, Gamage’s Maine, City Boatyard CHS and Ross Marine
- New gelcoat on hull - 2016
- New canvas – 2012
- New cushions – 2015
- Refinished cabin sides/gelcoat/re-stripe – 2015
- Vessel has the upgraded and beautiful varnished teak transom option from the factory
- Engine/turbo – complete and thorough engine inspection/go through and upgrade in 2008 by certified Yanmar engine technician
- Electrical upgrades/refresh – 2018
- New radar/New gamin chart plotter – 2013 (Garmin GPSMAP 5212 MFD, a Garmin GMR 18HD radome, and a Garmin Marine Heading Sensor)
- New refrigerator – 2015
- New head – 2015
- New prop – 2016
- Seller has most if not all manuals for the boat and its gear/systems
- May 2019 Complete Refresh/update/cleanup –(approximately $25,000)
- New hot water heater
- New fire control extinguisher tank
- New sound down engine bay insulation
- New built-in oil change pump
- Complete engine bay “clean up”
- New bilge pump
- New fire extinguisher system
- Complete engine review and tune-up of diesel engine
- Engine cooling system flush and refill
- Engine and transmission cleaned, primed and repainted
- Removed water tank and waste tank, made new strapping to hold tanks and new support boards then reinstalled.
- Installed new bilge pump and pump hoses,rewired switches, installed new macerator pump and toilet pump.
- AC and DC panel: clean up and organize wiring.
- Treated fuel system with Lucas Fuel Treatment
- Removed batteries and cleaned behind all areas in the bilge, reinstalled and tested battery charger.
- Bottom: prep/paint, two coats of Micron CSC Green Anti-fouling paint
- Hull sides buffed and waxed
- Replaced all zincs
- Unbolted prop shaft & coupling, replaced seal & bellows. Aligned engine.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Legacy 28 features an abbreviated keel that allows for good tracking, a modified-V entry that takes the bang out of the seas, and flat aft section that gives the boat stability and easy planing. The 315-horsepower engine is capable of powering the boat to 27 knots. Even with a powerful engine, the 28 is quiet, with low-vibration, and virtually free of exhaust fumes. An oversized, pot-style muffler also keeps the sound down and an underwater exhaust system eliminates diesel fumes underway. The engine has been installed on flexible rubber mounts which are situated on high-density foam stringers. Seating on the bridgedeck and cockpit accommodates nine easily. The copilot seat to port is tall with visibility equal to that of the helmsman. Other standard features include an opening center windshield, recessed trim tabs, flush-mounted hardware, secure bow rails, and hydraulic steering. Storage is abundant with under-berth stowage, a hanging locker, and storage below all the bench seats. The cabin features six feet of headroom and is finished in cherry joinery and teak sole. Four opening ports and an overhead hatch allow plenty of light and air. Other features include a refrigerator, a two-burner stove, an enclosed head with room for a morning shower, and a choice of design packages with options for countertops, bulkheads, and upholstery.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy