2002 J Boats 109
- 360° Photo
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Santa Cruz, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 99,000
- Sale Pending
Mariah has been sailed and casually raced her entire life. Sellers have decided to go a different route, and are putting her up for sale. The sails are fair, Rod rigging replaced 2017, bottom also 2017, recent head.
SELLERS ARE VERY MOTIVATED, ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED!
Please contact George Sikich at 415-793-9376
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: J Boats Tillotson Pearson (USA)
Designer: R. Johnstone
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 35 ft 4 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 30 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 10900 lbs
Ballast: 3900 lbs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: D1-30F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1524
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (21 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (18 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 110V
The J/109 interior is European style with two private, spacious sleeping cabins. The nav station is a large sit-down forward-facing console with abundant space for instrument displays. The head is conveniently located aft near the companionway, providing easy access from the cockpit while underway. Portside settee converts to a double, lee cloths port and starboard.
- Gimballed Propane stove with oven and 2 burners.
- S/S double sink.
- Pressurized cold water.
- Large 90 litres moulded icebox/fridge with 12 volt compressor.
- Full length locker outboard of galley countertop.
- Cold moulded fiddles around the edge of the countertop.
- Storage under sink with shelf and space for trash bin.
Tapered aluminium mast with double airfoil spreader clear anodised.
- Continuous Rod rigging (Nitronic 50) (New 2017)
- Integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Boom with internal outhaul 8:1 purchase system, mainsail reef line sheaves, main sheet and rigid vang tangs.
- Headsail furling system.
- Retractable carbon fiber bowsprit with seal.
- Solid boom vang with cascade purchase system.
- Complete running rigging package
North Dacron main
2 North jibs 90% &100% (mylar/Dacron/Kevlar)
2 Harken 46.2 AST, 2 Harken 40.2 AST standard layout
HARKEN split-drum roller furling system
Harken adjustable genoa cars
Edson 54" Diamond Steering wheel
Sailtec Hydraulic Adjustable backstay
Upwind sail area 657 sq.ft Downwind sail area 1485 sq.ft Mainsail area 301 sq.ft Genoa area 355 sq.ft Asymmetric spinnaker area 1184 sq.ft Rigging type Sloop Marconi fractional Mast position Keel stepped mast Spars Mast and boom in Aluminum Standing rigging Single-strand (ROD) Number of levels of spreaders 2 Spreaders angle Swept-back
Capsize Screening Formula:2.08
Upwind sail area to displacement
Downwind sail area to displacement 47.51
Displacement-Length ratio (DLR)
174 Ballast ratioi36 %
Hull speed 7.40 knots
Hull and Deck Construction
- Baltek Contourkore end grained balsa composite construction using biaxal and unidirectional glass with vinylester resin on the outer hull layer for 10 year warranty against hull blisters.
- Patented “SCRIMP” resin infusion system moulding process for optimum laminate strength.
- Off-white deck with a high traction non-skid.
- White hull. Single tapered gel coat integrated double boot stripe.
- Foredeck and helmsman moulded toe rails.
- Large bow locker with laminated watertight forward collision bulkhead.
- Large cockpit storage locker on starboard.
- Propane bottle storage.
- Moulded stern platform with removable swimming ladder.
- Moulded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway instrument pod.
- GRP moulded structural bulkhead bonded to hull and deck.
- All intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull and deck for stiffness.
- Heavy-duty fibreglass floor stringer grid infused into hull, including mast and chain plate structure.
Keel and Rudder
- Low VCG Keel of cast lead with antimony bolted and bonded to deep molded stub with sump.
- Balanced high aspect spade rudder construction using biaxal and unidirectional glass and large diameter anodised aluminium stock mounted in self-aligning bearings.
- Aluminium wheel with natural leather grip on custom moulded pedestal with compass, brake and stainless guard.
- Emergency tiller.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Automatic/manual electric bilge pump with float switch.
- Pressurized water system.
- 1 water tank (96 litres) under starboard berth in saloon.
- Ice box drain
- Marine toilet
- 80 AH house battery and 70 AH engine start battery with switches and double diode/circuit breaker.
- 12V electric panel with fuel gauge and voltmeter.
- Halogen lights on ceilings and swivelling tulip lights in cabins.
- Ceiling light in head
- Light in cockpit locker
- Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and mooring light.
- Rig grounded for protection against lightning.
- Interior built using wood, laminated or solid. All wooden parts are varnished or laminated with white Formica. Cabin sole in plywood laminated with wood effect Formica.
- Vinyl lined ceilings throughout, but main saloon which has moulded slats on hull sides.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.