2002 Island Packet 420
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 289,000
His Lady Too
is a beautifully maintained and well appointed Island Packet 420. She is in excellent condition, with many custom upgrade throughout, including new electronics and solar panels in 2018.
The Island Packet 420 embodies a host of proven design and construction features that have evolved over years of boatbuilding experience and input from many other Island Packet owners.
Representing a significant evolution from earlier models in this size range, the 420 delivers the combination of seakeeping, safety, stability and speed coupled with the comfort, liveability, and value.
The Island Packet 420 received the award for 'Best Full Size Cruiser' in the 2000 Boat Of The Year competition as conducted by Cruising World magazine.
His Lady Too is a must see and ready to cruise Island Packet 420!
Contact Ed Kurowski
Cell Phone : 443-480-3616 or EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ed Kurowski : I have worked in the yacht sales industry for 35 years and have handled national and international transactions for new builds, imports, new and brokerage vessels while leading an award winning sales and service team. My years and experiences have provided me with a solid background in negotiations, customer service, technical advice, outfitting solutions, financial recommendations and insurance referrals with a life long commitment to my customers.
My enthusiasm for yachting aboard quality cruising boats and logging over 40,000 sea miles translates into an approach that will help you select and equip your boat for comfortable and safe ownership and voyages.
I have the ability to perform for my clients who share the same high standards and desires that I do. I treat you, your vessel and transaction in the way that you deserve in a timely, conscientious, consistent and exacting manner.
Please contact Ed & Robin edkurowski at 443-480-3616
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
His Lady Too
LOA: 44 ft 7 in
Beam: 14 ft 3 in
LWL: 37 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 30000 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1396
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
About the Island Packet 420
The Island Packet 420 defines Island Packet designs in every aspect, while also representing a significant evolution from earlier models in this size range. With ongoing advances in construction technology, equipment selection, manufacturing processes, and quality control measures, the 420 is one of the most desirable and best built yachts Island Packet has ever offered.
The 420 hull incorporates a host of design elements that improve a concept that emphasizes seakeeping, safety, stability, and speed. The bow and stern configurations combine to increase boat speed through a longer sailing waterline and reduced resistance in waves, while refinements to the keel and rudder foil sections benefit upwind performance, reduce drag, and enhance steering.
The hull continues to be molded as a one-piece (integral hull and keel) solid tri-axial fiberglass structure, utilizing Island Packet's pressure-fed resin impregnation system, PolyClad 2 gel below the waterline, and DuraShield gel on the topsides.
The 420 deck design offers all the key features long appreciated by Island Packet owners: recessed foredeck with bulwarks, anchor platform with two rollers (the exclusive SeaSafe patented design), full-length stainless steel cabin top handrails, beautifully molded detail for hardware, an improved dodger - windshield mount, and Dorade vents with stainless steel cowls and welded guards.
The cockpit offers long, contoured seats with big lockers under push-button latch seat hatches with gas support struts, an insulated beverage box, hand-held shower, separate helm seat with backrest and premium rack and pinion pedestal mounted steering (with provision for auto pilot), molded stern rail seats, and a central gate leading to a stern platform.
As always, sail control lines are led aft making sail trim or changes convenient from the cockpit. Bins located at the forward end of both coamings have hinged tops and provide handy and neat storage for these lines. With the available option of a roller furling mainsail, sailing has become easier and more enjoyable than ever.
It's a real pleasure to be able to quickly set, trim, or stow the sails without leaving the cockpit. While on the subject of the rig, the Island Packet 420 has been created with a somewhat taller configuration to take advantage of her extra sail carrying ability and to enhance both light air and upwind performance.
The contributions to performance and sail control from the Hoyt staysail boom would be hard to overstate. This simple device has "turbo-charged" the staysail's contribution to overall performance and makes the cutter rig better than ever. The 420 should have excellent qualities for cruising under all points of sail in a wide variety of conditions with a very manageable and versatile rig.
Perhaps the most exciting aspect of the Island Packet 420 is the interior arrangement. The beam of over 14 feet and a lot of usable hull length, have enabled Island Packet to create very spacious accommodations with all the amenities that owners are looking for, along with lots of storage space and large tank capacities to meet the demands of extended cruising.
The owner's quarters are located forward and include a private head compartment with stall shower. The stateroom introduces an arrangement with a large double berth offset to starboard and angled away from the hull side to allow access from either side. The berth top is hinged and supported with gas struts and may be raised to access a generous storage bin underneath for blankets and the like.
Additional drawers, bureaus, shelves, and a cedar lined hanging locker provide ample room for personal items. A dressing seat adds further convenience, and two deck hatches, a Dorade vent, and several opening ports will keep this area bright and breezy, as are all other areas throughout the interior. The adjoining head has a sink vanity with cabinet space over and under, "captain's-chair" seating for the toilet, and built-in medicine chest and linen drawers.
The shower includes a molded seat and folding textured acrylic door that stows flat against the bulkhead when not in use. The big forepeak is reached through a tall bulkhead door in the shower area. This area is unique in that it features Island Packet's usual divided chain locker forward (prepared for windlass installation and chain control), plus a separate area immediately aft that will be handy for storage of items like fenders, extra anchors, and rodes, etc. when underway.
The aft guest stateroom has a wide double berth, ample storage in a hanging locker and bureau, and private entrance to the aft head compartment. The aft head may also be accessed from the salon area, and includes a shower with curtained enclosure and folding seat over the toilet. The sink vanity has cabinet storage over and under and, as with the forward head, is finished in light colored Formica laminates with varnished teak trim for an attractive, bright, and practical finish. Shower drains in both heads have an electric drain pump discharging overboard, with sole drains configured to work at rest or under sail.
The main salon is notable for its overall spaciousness. Once again, the popular arrangement of full-length, facing settees is incorporated, with the starboard L-shaped settee able to convert into a double berth with a pull-out extension. Island Packet's trademark folding dining table hinges from the bulkhead storage rack to provide for either a large serving - dining area or, when retracted, a completely open salon.
Large storage areas are available under and behind both port and starboard settees, in cabinets outboard, and above the settees, and in a cedar lined hanging locker. Large capacity tanks for water, fuel, and waste are located under the sole, keeping these considerable weights low and close to the center of the yacht to maximize stability, minimize trim changes, and increase useful storage elsewhere.
The full-size navigation table with swing-out seat - adjacent to the main salon - should please the most ardent navigator, and includes recessed master electrical distribution panels, with numerous spare breakers and ample panel space for dealer - owner installed electronics. A storage tray is provided under the hinged tabletop, with a locker under and outboard of the table, and a chart drawer under the settee immediately forward of the nav area.
The Island Packet 420 galley combines the best features of all previous Island Packet models and is notable for its generous counter space, storage room, and numerous convenience and meal preparation and cooking features. The large refrigerator/freezer is ample and easy to access.
Several deep storage drawers, a pull-out trash receptacle, dish rack with cutlery drawers, pot and pan bin, dry storage lockers, and counter top cabinets should make one feel right at home. All sole surfaces in the galley, companionway, and navigation areas are molded in a slip-resistant diamond pattern for improved safety and ease of maintenance in these frequently used areas. A teak grate in the sole covers a lift-out dust tray, as well as access to the fuel and water tank fittings and the lighted bilge sump.
Hull, Deck & Cockpit
- Apex RIB 10' (2014)
- Mercury 15 HP outboard (2014)
- Custom dinghy cover
- Kato upgraded davits on stern
- Side-Power 6HP 75 model Bow Thruster (serviced in 2018 with new brushers, located on pedestal with joystick control)
- Rocna 33 anchor with 250' of chain with rode
- Simpson Lawrence Sprint 1500 Windlass with controls at cockpit pedestal and bow with a fresh/salt water wash down (Rebuilt 2019)
- Bottom prepped and (2) coats of Interlux Barrier Coat 2000 applied and then Petitt hard anti fouling bottom paint (2015), then bottom painted each year
- Pettit Ultima SR60 bottom paint (2019)
- SS dorade style cowls and SS mast guards
- Flexible Solar Panels mounted on Canvas (2018)
- Complete cockpit enclosure with plastic roll ups & sun shades
- Island Packet cockpit cushions with 2" closed cell foam and textalene covers
- Dockside fresh water connection
- Cockpit cable TV connection for dockside
- Hot and cold water wash down
- Zacor custom companionway entry doors
- Drink holders
Sails & Rigging
- Cutter rig
- Hoyt boom
- Roller furling staysail
- Roller furling genoa
- Roller furling mast with spare halyard
- All sails cleaned and repaired in 2018
- All control lines led aft to cockpit
- SS cabin lights in all areas
- (6) Hella turbo 12V fans
- Light beige ultra leather upholstery with matching mast cover
- Custom screens on all hatches
- Zacor Peek-A-Boo shades on all ports
- Multiple 12V outlets throughout
- 7" custom mattress in master stateroom
- Small SS safe mounted under master berth
- Custom fitted Bed Sack for aft cabin berth
- Storage ottoman/cooler with custom cover
- SS Weems & Plath 8 bell clock/barometer
- Williams-Sonoma stainless microwave (2019)
- 3 burner Princess stove with oven
- Frigoboat keeled cooled refrigerator (1 compressor)
- Frigoboat keeled cooled freezer (1 compressor)
- Custom installed thermometers for refrigerator/freezer
- SS fresh water double sink with Seagull #4 water filter
- Custom counter top extension near sink
- Custom splash guard between galley and chart table
Electronics, Navigation, Audio & Entertainment
Electronics : Cockpit Helm
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 12" multi-function display (2018)
- Raymarine Auto Pilot (2018)
- Knot Meter, Wind Direction and Depth Finder
Electronics : Interior Nav Station
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 9" multi-function display interfaced with cockpit electronics
- AIS connection to electronics
- VHF radio with emergency distress activated button
- Alpine Stereo and CD player in main salon and cockpit speakers
- HD TV's in main and master stateroom cabins
- KVH-M3 satellite TV system in main salon
- Digital HD antenna on mast for both TV's
Mechanical & Electrical
- Fischer Panda 6KW Generator : 965 hours. Recently serviced and capable or running all electronics, heat and air
- (2) A/C with reverse cycle heat (1-10,000 BTU, 2-16,000 BTU)
- (6) Series 27 Lifeline AGM sealed house batteries (2018)
- (1) Dedicated engine start 27 Lifeline AGM battery (2018)
- Electric macerator pump with valves for overboard discharge
- (2) Vacuflush heads with fresh water flush
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Baltimore, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States