2002 Gozzard 37A Aft Cockpit
- 360° Photo
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 210,000
Traveller is the "B" interior layout that features a combination two place dinette and a separate forward facing nav station and a truly spectacular large galley. The Gozzard 37 was the first redesigns of the extremely successful classic Gozzard 36.
Details like the satin varnished interior cherry joinery and beautiful hull lines help set this yacht apart from the average production boat. The unique transom looks traditional but folds down, revealing a walkthru with steps and a stainless steel boarding ladder that makes dinghy access simple.
She easily handles all kinds of weather conditions.
Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free, personalized market evaluation.
- Builders and worldwide distributors for Passport Yachts
- Representatives for Gozzard Brokerage Yachts.
- Quality brokerage sailing and motor yachts.
For showings contact John Albertine 443-837-5075 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact John Albertine at 443-837-5075
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Gozzard Yachts
Designer: Ted Gozzard
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 42 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 31 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 37 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 19000 lbs
Ballast: 6800 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 56 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 63 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: 63D-Four
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 718
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 63 HP
Number of heads: 1
- Fuel: 70
- Freshwater: 121 (51 stbd aft and 70 fwd/bow) fiberglass
- Holding: 26 gal fiberglass
- Hot water heater: 11 gal (110v AC or engine) fiberglass
- Tank tender
The Gozzard 37 interior layout has become legendary for the beautiful North American cherry with a satin finish and an absolutely innovative design. The cabin sole is solid teak with basswood inserts (not a thin ply veneer) and finished with a high gloss urethane varnish. Traveller has many custom features beyond the stained glass additions shown in the photos.
The saloon easily converts to a large centerline queen size berth. Behind the settee backs are storage for the large dining table on the starboard side and wine storage on the port side. There is a flatscreen TV that folds down in a custom cabinet all the way forward. There is a propane space heater with ceramic tile surround aft to starboard. . The midship bulkhead has a slide-up panel and a double-hinged door to port that can be closed to convert the forward salon into a private stateroom. There is a coffee table that converts to become the base for the dining tabletop.
Next aft to port is the forward-facing navigation station which houses a 12" B&G Zeus 3 chart plotter, an Icom VHF, and Raymarine RLC80 sonar display.
Aft of the nav. station is the refrigeration/freezer cabinet.
On the starboard side is the dinette followed by the L-shaped galley.
Aft on the port side is the head. There is a separate shower with a folding door and teak grate on the floor. There is a Sealand Vacu-Flush toilet.
Light and excellent ventilation from two Dorade vents, six 7'x14" and five 5"x12" stainless steel opening ports with screens. There are two fixed round ports on the forward bulkhead. There is a wooden butterfly hatch (skylight) overhead. There are two deck prisms. There are built-in screens for all opening ports and hatches, and curtains for all ports. The companionway has an overhead sliding screen and separate companionway screen doors (fold-in).
The hanging lockers are cedar lined. Locker doors are louvered for ventilation.
- WMPE clock, Barometer, and Hydrometer
- Four 12 volt Hella fans
- Four Alpenglow ceiling lights (red/white/bright/dim) for each of the compartments.
- U-shaped work area with Corian counters
- Centerline sink with custom maple cutting board cover
- Undercounter LG microwave
- Force 10 gimballed 2 burner propane stove with oven
- Propane detector with automatic solenoid shutoff with sensors by the stove and in the bilge
- Nova Kool two-section heavily insulated refrigerator/freezer
- Dish locker
- Force 10 hot water heater (engine and 110v AC)
- Stern mounted BBQ topside or stored in a canvas bag in the forward deck locker
- Deck has molded sand type non-skid on all exterior walking areas
- Double 27" high lifelines with gates port and starboard
- Six bronze chock/cleats capable of handling 2 -3/4" dock lines each
- Bowsprit with anchor rollers for two anchors
- Custom Samson post on the bowsprit
- Anchor rode locker is located in the forward part of the sail lockers with drains through the hull sides and not into the interior of the boat
- Lewmar electric windlass
- Delta anchor
- Freshwater deck and anchor washdown in the forward locker
- Dodger and bimini with sail view window and connector
- Full cockpit enclosure with screens
- Canvas covers for dinghy and outboard
- Canvas covers for teak cap rails, butterfly hatch, dorades, helm, table, and windlass
- Cockpit sole in Asian teak
- Teak companionway doors
- Hatches, handrails, stanchions, pulpits, stern pulpit, and dinghy davits are in polished 316 stainless steel
- 4 cockpit locker hatches provide access for bulky storage items, w/custom cutouts under 2 lids for winch handles, bilge pump handle, and emergency tiller
- Teak custom drink holders at the helm
- Three flush-mounted deck tie-downs
- Trail board in teak from Gozzard
winch handles, flashlight, emergency tiller & bilge pump handle
- Fenders and dock lines
- Fold-down walk-thru transom with stainless steel swim ladder
- Built-in hot/cold cockpit shower
- Mercury 9' RIB
- Outboard 6 hp Tohatsu model MFS 6
- Forespar Nova dinghy davits integral to stern rail and four-part tackle for up to a 10' inflatable dinghy
- Closed-cell cockpit cushions with Sunbrella covers (2017)
- Fixed windscreen with canvas dodger, bimini, and connector
- Gusher 10 manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Winslow 6-person offshore liferaft in (Winslow vacuum wrapped in Ultima wrap) needs inspection
Electronics and Communication
- 4 1/2" Richie compass
- B&G Zeus 7" chart plotter at helm
- B&G Zeus 12" chart plotter at nav station
- Triton 2 digital multipurpose instrument with Sailsteer
- Triton autopilot
- Raymarine RL80C sonar display
- Raymarine ST60 at the nav station
- Icom VHF w/remote mic in cockpit and aft cabin
- ACR Global Fix 406 mhz EPIRB
- Sirius weather
- Furuno 207 weather fax
- Cable/phone outlet forward into the nav station
- Docking lights forward with a switch at the helm
- RR DSC Pacific antenna (TV/AM/FM/VHF
- Tri-color OGM LED strobe light
- CD/FM/AM stereo with two cockpit and two cabin Bose 131 speakers
Hull and Construction
Traveller is equipped with a cruising style fin keel, skeg hung rudder, and prop in an aperture, these characteristics make for a perfect maneuverable, and great tracking hull design.
The hull is constructed with E-glass cloth and marine grade resins. The gel coats are NPG/ISO formulations backed with AME 5000S vinylester resin. The hull is fully cored from the turn of the bilge to the cove strip. In areas where there are high loads including sheer line, centerline, keel, rudderpost, and thru-hulls, the core is eliminated for a solid laminate.
There is external lead ballast is attached to cover the entire length of the keel bottom.
The hull deck joint is bedded in 3M5200 polyurethane adhesive and bolted every 6" with 5/16" S/S bolts.
The rudder shaft is 1 1/2" in diameter 316 stainless steel. The rudder is constructed with a stainless web that is welded to the shaft. It is heavily glassed to one of the two 1/4" fiberglass skin halves. The foils are then cored and assembled together. The cosmetic joint between the two skins is glassed over and faired. 3M 5200 is used where the rudder shaft exits the rudder to prevent water intrusion. The entire rudder is coated with Interprotect 3000 barrier coat. The emergency tiller is stored in a custom holder under teh aft cockpit locker lid.
The skeg is made much like the rudder except considerably heavier. It has a stainless steel bolt spider that is permanently bolted using epoxy to the hull.
The decks were designed with ease of use. They feature wide low cambered side decks and bulwarks for sure footing in healing conditions. The deck is molded FRP sandwich construction Corecell with extra solid fiberglass laminate in high load areas.
All main or structural bulkheads are constructed with cored fiberglass laminates that are very strong and rot-resistant. The main bulkhead has a cherry veneer face. The bulkheads are glassed to the hull and later the deck when it is installed. The interior has a closed grid structure that combines the stringers and the floor assemblies. Whenever possible all wooden structures are glassed to the hull or deck to minimize unsupported panel size.
All exterior woodwork is all Asian Teak. There are teak cap rails with the signature stylized dolphins midship.
Sails & Rigging
- Selden double spreader deck stepped mast and boom
- True cutter rig with Quantum Stack Pack mainsail with lazyjacks
- Quantum topsail and self-tending staysail.
- All sheets and halyards are led aft to the cockpit.
- Schaefer 1100 and 2100 furlers
- Lewmar electric utility winch in cockpit portside forward
- Custom stainless steel mainsheet arch with cockpit light
- Two Lewmar 48 Chrome ST primary winches
- One Lewmar utility winch cockpit starboard side
- Sheet bags port and starboard in the cockpit
- Custom curved athwartships staysail traveler
- Selden rigid boom vang
- Mast height 53'6" with antennas 56'
- Topsail 514 sq. ft.
- Staysail 227 sq. ft.
- Sail area with 100% fore-triangle 818 sq. ft.
- Total sail area 1,071 sq. ft
Comfort Ratio: 30.96
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.80
Mechanical & Electrical
- Westerbeke W63D-Four naturally aspirated diesel
- Transmission 2.7:1
- 150 amp alternator with multistage voltage regulator
- Bullflex drive coupler to reduce engine noise and vibration
- Racor 500 fuel filter/water separator
- Remote oil filter making oil filter changes easier
- 1 1/4" stainless steel shaft
- PSS no-drip stuffing gland
- 18" x 12" RH three-blade bronze Max-Prop
- Kobelt single-lever shifter/throttle
- Engine instruments (tack, hour meter, water temperature, oil pressure, voltmeter, and fuel gauge
- SidePower SP55 S bow thruster
- Binnacle/center console with 32" traditional teak wheel
- Center console has two drop-down leaves to expand the cockpit table
- Fischer Panda DC generator with 28 hours
- Battery Isolators
- 600 amp hour main battery bank
- Dedicated West Marine Group 24 engine start battery
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord and inlet aft
- Galvanic isolator
- Xantrex Freedom 458 Inverter/charger (1500 watt / 75 amp charger)
with Heart Link 2000-R
- Lightning protection with shrouds, mast, compression post, pulpits, lifelines grounded with tin copper braid to the keel, and a Dynaplate
- Fully bonded for electrolysis with zinc aft and on the shaft
- 12-volt bilge pump (auto and manual) with counter
- 12-volt sump pump for the shower and refrigeration drains
- 12-volt Rule high water electric bilge pump
- 12-volt secondary bilge pump (2020)
- Bilge high water alarm
- Freshwater or saltwater flush for head
- Mermaid 12000 & 5000 BTU reverse cycle air & heat
- Dickerson propane space heater mounted on the forward bulkhead
- Spare fuel pump
- Hurricane Hydronic Heating Systems (not in use)
- Airmax Marine 400W wind generator on a stainless steel pole
- Solar panel (rolled up and stored)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Wagner Stevens Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States
Newport Beach, CA, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States