2001 St Francis 48 Custom
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Mobile, AL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 499,000
Quantum Leap is a very special St. Francis 48. She is a single owner boat that has been used exclusively for family cruising throughout her entire life. She has completed almost 1.5 circumnavigations and is ready to go around again! Her owners have meticulously cared for her and done many updates and modifications over the years. She is just coming off a yard period in which they addressed the usual upkeep and maintenance while she was hauled out for hurricane season.
In 2008, Quantum Leap was modified to a 51ft catamaran by adding extensions to the sugar scoops. Angelo Lavranos, the naval architect who designed the St. Francis line of catamarans, also took great care to design transom extensions specifically for Quantum Leap. The extensions were professionally fabricated and installed at a yard in New Zealand. The quality of the installation is evident in the fact that the average observer will never know the boat has been modified. These modifications add waterline length for increased handling and speed when sailing offshore. They also create a larger platform on the stern scoops.
In 2014, after completing their first circumnavigation, the owners returned to the St. Francis factory in South Africa where the boat was built. The factory did a full professional refit of the boat - added an armored glass cockpit windshield, new Lewmar ocean series hatches, new electronics, replaced the standing rigging, installed a new stove, and went over the boat with a fine tooth comb. Quantum Leap was brought back to "like new" condition. They then continued across the Atlantic and back to the Caribbean, ultimately returning to her home port in Mobile, Alabama.
Quantum Leap is a tried and true bluewater cruiser fully equipped for family live aboard. Don't settle for an average production boat when you can have a high quality catamaran that's more fun to sail!
Andrew Hodgdon - Broker at The Multihull Company
Please contact Andrew Hodgdon at 215-508-2704 Fax: 215-508-2706
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 51 ft 0 in
Beam: 26 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 2 in
Displacement: 24250 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 71 ft 0 in
Cruising Speed: 8 knots @ 2200 RPM
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (210 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (190 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2
Number of double berths: 4
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
Electrical Circuit: 110V
- 2 x Yanmar 4JH3E 50 HP main engines - approx. 3500 hours on each
- 2x SD-31 Sail Drives
- 2 x 2-blade Flexifold folding props
- Yanmar 6 KW generator - approx. 3000 hours
- Whitlock cable steering system with emergency tillers
- Extra S.S. Cable and dogs for emergency repairs
Service and shop manuals for almost all equipment.
- Raymarine Autohelm 6000 Autopilot with spare drive and spare CPU
- Raymarine LX 360 wind instrument with inside repeater
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata instruments
- Raymarine Chartplotter - 10" multifunction display
- Furuno GPS / WAAS Navigator unit in office area
- AIS transceiver
- Icom 802 SSB and Ham radio transceiver with sailmail installed
- Icom 422 VHF radio
- Ritchie compass
- Several handheld VHF radios
- MOB alarm system
- Radar System
- AM/FM Stereo and CD player
- Sat phone
- DVD player
- Flat screen TV
- 12 volt fans in all spaces .
Sails and Rigging
- All new standing rigging factory installed in 2014
- Mainsail - Shurr Sails Pensacola - new in 2017
- 110 %. Roller furling Genoa
- Staysail on a Roller furler - installed in Australia
- 3 Spinnakers
- Spinnaker pole set up on main mast
- 2 x Anderson 58 ST main sheet power winches
- Andersson 46 ST. Power winch Genoa winch + Anderson 46 ST manual Genoa Winch
- Stack pack installed 2014
- 110v AC power supply
- 7 x 75 watt Solar Panels mounted on hardtop
- Multi Voltage Charging - Both 110 Volt and 220 volt shore power connectors. Plug in anywhere in the world!
- 3000 W pure sine wave inverter
- 9 x T-105 batteries in two banks - 945 AH
- 2 x Marine Air AH Passport Compact 16000 BTU air conditioners
- Spectra 380-C watermaker - 15 GPH
- Isotemp 20gal water heater
- 4 burner Italian cooktop with oven and gimbals - installed 2014
- Corian counter tops with double sink
- Complete cookware and complete table ware
- 110/12 Volt refrigerator in galley
- 12 volt South African freezer -this will keep your ice cream frozen!
- 12 volt portable refrigerator for cockpit
- Microwave - Dulonghi
- 2 x aluminum propane tanks with solenoid
- Adjustable cockpit table with extensions allowing seating for 8
- Salt water faucet at galley sink
- Fresh water filtered water at galley sink.
- Armored Glass Cockpit screen installed 2014
- AB aluminum dinghy with 15 HP Yamaha 2 cycle outboard
- Dinghy Davits - stainless steel - can be operated with power winches
- New Lewmar Ocean hatch lenses - factory installed 2014.
- Wonderful N. Z. Mesh flooring for cockpit and under cushions - Can be rolled and stored when not needed.
- 100lbs Buegle anchor with 300’ of 3/8” chain and 300’ of nylon rode
- 60lbs Fortress anchor with 100’ of chain and 300’ of rode
- 25lbs Danforth "lunch hook"
- 18’ Para Anchor with 600’ of 3/4” nylon rode
- Fire suppression system
- 6 person Lazarri Life Raft
- Several inflatable life preservers with harnesses
- Hand pump water maker
- 2 x Ditch Bags
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from TMC
44 MK II
Anacortes, WA, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Santa Cruz, CA, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Georgetown, MD, United States
Maverick Yachts Of South Africa
440 Custom, owner version
Fort Myers, FL, United States