2001 Spencer 1330
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Nanaimo, BC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- Can$ 169,900 (US$ 128,461)
Thoroughbred! - This tried and true "Offshore" John Brandylmayr designed Spencer 1330 is ready to spread her wings! Pampered all her life and ready for adventure.
Prairie Dust's hull was built in 1981 spent years building the interior to a high standard under the guidance of European craftsmen.
A 20 year labour of love, the fit and finish is "stunning" with nicely rounded corners and finely sculpted fiddles. Bulkheads and cabinetry are fully tabbed to the hull for superb strength and rigidity yet hidden under veneers to carry out a finished and luxurious feel.
Whether the PNW or abroad this offshore cruiser will get you there!
Call Calvin Wilson for your tour today.
Great Boats....Great Service!
Call Calvin Wilson for more information and to arrange a viewing: 250-739-2195
Please contact Charles Petersen at (250)755-5887
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
S/V Prairie Dust
Builder: Spencer Boatworks
Designer: John Brandlmayr
LOA: 44 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 35 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Ballast: 10000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Isuzu
Year Built: 1981
Engine Model: C240
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 425
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (135 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (75 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
More About the Spencer 1330
Designed by John Brandlmayr, and built by Spencer Boatworks, the Spencers are known for their beautiful lines, seaworthiness and quality construction.
The hull was laid up with an Airex foam core from the turn of the bilge to just below the sheer. This yields a strong hull and gives extra insulation from weather and noise. With solid fibreglass below the waterline, thru hull fittings can be added with no chance of compromising the core.
The decks are built with thick fibreglass inside and out of a 3/4" inch balsa core, which add more insulation and provides strength and stiffness. The hull to deck were joined with the hull still in the mold, to prevent deformation, with a join built from 5 layers of fibreglass for a leak free and strong joint that further contributes to the toughness of the boat. A unique feature is the built-in and leak-free skylights created by breaks in the deck core with clear gelcoat that lets in lots of natural light without compromising strength or seaworthiness.
Back-swept keel and skeg-mounted rudder provide extra resilience to minimize structural damage in case of bottom touches or other impacts.
Spencer’s are built with care and integrity and, what’s just as important, much thought and know-how. – Ferenc Matte “Best Boats to Buy”
Purchased by the current owner in 1981, this is hull # 25, the second from last of Spencer Boats' 1330 line. She was delivered as a shell with engine, interior bulkheads and rigging, awaiting his loving touch for the interior finishing. He then spent 20 years building the interior to exacting standards, with guidance from European craftsmen with years of yacht design and building experience who willingly shared their expertise from lifetimes building sailing yachts and yacht interiors.
When you step aboard, you will see the high quality of the woodwork but there is much more that is not visible:
- original factory bulkheads were all replaced
- bulkheads and cabinetry fully tabbed for the optimum in rigidity and strength
- veneers extended to the hull, over tabbing that was countersunk and ground flat, to give a completely finished and elegant appearance
- all deck fittings properly sealed, with an epoxy seal protecting the core to ensure no deformation or water penetration
- factory deck fittings, including the entire toe rail, re-bedded to the same exacting standard
- all porthole openings in the hull similarly bedded to permanently ensure the integrity of the Airex foam core
- Blackore insulation built in to the ceiling and hull lining throughout the living spaces, taking the sound and heat insulation to the next level beyond what is already inherent in the hull and deck cores
- 50+ drawers and cabinets for unmatched storage capability. All outer drawers are designed and built to conform to the shape of the hull, to take full advantage of the available space.
- cabinetry, including all of the drawers, finished to a high standard inside and out - to ensure no warping, no scrapes from unfinished fibreglass and easy to clean surfaces throughout
- three big dorade vents for great flow-thru ventilation in all weather conditions
- heavy duty 3/8" aluminum backing plate the full size of the anchor locker, gives a tremendously strong base for the anchor windlass and bow rollers
- Pull-out pilot berth in the aft cabin passageway provides an very secure berth in rough seas
- spacious stand-up workbench with attached vise in the engine room
- bottom painted with 3 layers of Interprotect epoxy coating in 2019
To port is a large curved settee with a beautiful table built using advanced marquetry style techniques and beautifully executed fiddles. Two lounging seats are built in to starboard, with an Avonite counter, liquor cabinet, glass storage and entertainment system housed in a convenient console between. The salon is also surrounded by storage spaces, including numerous cupboards and drawers, as well as locker spaces under and behind the seating.
This roomy stateroom offers expansive open floor space easy to move around in.
A comfortable L-shaped seat with a nicely sculpted Avonite countertop is a great place for quiet relaxation.
The roomy double berth has a very comfortable custom made foam mattress.
Storage space abounds, with a spacious hanging locker, cupboards, drawers and lockers surrounding the room and under the seating. Convenient access to the engine room is also here.
The en-suite head is very roomy, and includes a stainless steel sink inset in an attractive Avonite countertop and nicely finished vanity, Raritan manual head and shower with surrounding curtain.
The passageway to the salon and galley runs to port and includes an inset wet locker, more cupboards and a pull-out pilot berth for secure sleep in rough conditions.
The U-shaped galley is large and open feeling, with a double stainless steel sink, in-counter fridge/freezer and three burner oven/stove. Beautifully finished high fiddles surrounding the counter give a real feeling of elegance while providing a wonderfully secure work space while underway. Storage abounds in numerous cupboards and drawers.
To starboard, opposite the galley, this again has beautifully finished, high fiddles surrounding it, and two chart drawers under providing a large secure working space. The flip-down electrical panel here demonstrates the high quality and meticulous attention to detail in the electrical system. Specially designed speaker cabinets built in here and over the galley provide beautiful audio from the entertainment system.
The long double berth offers a comfortable, roomy space for guests. A huge hatch above, with molded-in skylight offers plenty of daylight, fresh air and easy access outside.
The guest head is just aft of the v-berth and readily accessible from the salon. The vanity to starboard has a beautifully molded Avonite counter, inset stainless sink and lots of storage. The Raritan manual toilet is to port.
- 30 Amp shorepower connection with cord
- Pro Mariner 60 Amp 4 bank battery charger
- 2 x Cole Hersee 3-way battery isolator switches
- Tinned, marine grade wiring throughout
- Cruising Equipment Amp-hour meter
- 2 x 6 volt golf cart house batteries
- Engine start battery
- Icom IC-M402 VHF radio with remote control microphone in the cockpit
- Lowrance Elite-5 chartplotter with depth
- Incastec Maxilog knot meter
- Incastec Maxidepth sounder
- Teleflex 5" binnacle compass
- JVC AM/FM cassette
- Sony CD Changer
- Sirius satellite radio receiver
Sails and Rigging
- Storch mainsail, 9.6 oz Dacron with 2 sets of reefing points
- Lazyjack flaking system with bag
- Quantum furling genoa - new in 2007
- Storch 9 oz spare working jib
- Equipped for future inner forestay with mast fitting and reinforced chainplate on foredeck
- Pace Edwards mast steps full length of mast
- Sound deadening mast conduit
- 2 Arco #55C self-tailing primary winches
- 1 Arco #40C self-tailing mainsheet winch
- 2 mast-mounted halyard winches
- 1 boom-mounted winch
- Dickinson Antarctic diesel heater
- Raritan R-12 12 gallon 120V hot water tank
- Refrigerator and freezer with Norcold compressor
- Almost new dodger and bimini - new in 2018
- Stainless steel mast pulpit for extra safety on deck
- Muir Cougar 1200 electric windlass with foot controls
- Twin bow roller and custom stainless bollard
- CQR 35 lb anchor with 200 ft high tensile chain plus 300 ft 3/4" nylon rope rode
- Zodiac 8' RIB dinghy
- Yamaha 2.5 HP 4-stroke outboard
- Force 10 propane bbq
- Scotty manual downrigger on pulpit mount
- Man overboard pole
- 2150 watt generator
Mechanical and Engine Room
The engine room is perfect for cruisers and offshore sailors alike. Plenty of space around and above make servicing the engine a breeze. To port of the engine, a full-height workroom with L-shaped workbench provides a valuable space aboard for repairs and storage space for tools and parts.
Features and equipment:
- Isuzu C240 engine with only 425 hours, started regularly and carefully maintained
- Aquaalarm raw water flow detector (components installed but must be wired)
- 108 Amp high output alternator
- Wagner Hydraulic steering
- Single lever shift/throttle control
A 46 foot slip with a 15 year lease in The Palms, a premiere Nanaimo marina, is available for purchase with this yacht. Please ask for details.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.