2001 Nordic Tugs 37
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- New Bern, NC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 229,000
2001 Nordic Tugs 37
Hull just painted FLAG SHIP BLUE in 2020. Bottom repainted 2020. Now is the time to buy!
A 2001 Nordic Tug 37 in good overall condition with two staterooms, single head with enclosed shower, galley up and a raised pilothouse. The current owner has customized the interior with cellular shades and additional teak cabinetry in the master stateroom, matching the original woodwork. She’s fully equipped with a six cylinder 330 hp Cummins diesel engine, twin radars, autopilot, inverter, generator, bow and stern thrusters, and more. All recently professionally serviced. With an air draft of less than fourteen feet, the 37 beats any height restrictions on the Great Loop and all of the side trips along the way!
Designed by Lynn Senour, the 37 shares many of the features found in other Nordic Tugs with hand-laid fiberglass hull with hard chine, full keel, and the same attributes of speed and sea keeping qualities. The waterline length of the 37 is actually 39 feet due to a molded-in swim step that is essentially an extension of the hull giving her greater speed, stability and fuel economy.
Excellent value with new paint and a fastidious owner who maintained and upgraded as needed. A Great Loop veteran she is ready to go again, cruise in safety and style or live aboard.
CONTACT LISTING BROKER:
JOHN A. PETERSON, CPYB @ 910-546-5760 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
VESSEL IS LOCATED IN: NEW BERN, NC
Please contact John A. Peterson, IYBA, CPYB at 910-546-5760
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Nordic Tugs
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 37 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 4 in
Displacement: 22000 lbs
Total Power: 330 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 6BTA 5.9 M3
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2580
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 330 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 14 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (120 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (325 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
As you walk up to this beautiful Nordic Tugs 37 you will immediately notice that she looks great with her Flag Ship Blue hull, white boot and hull stripe and white superstructure. From the outside this fast trawler is very well kept and the large cockpit with an overhead for weather protection adds an exceptional spot for relaxing while cruising to distant ports and enjoying a leisurely day on the hook. Above the cockpit extension is an area for additional open relaxation and even above the pilothouse there is storage for kayaks, paddle boards and other toys!
Walk onto the wide solid hull extension swim platform and through the cockpit door you enter deep cockpit that is covered by the top deck overhang to keep you dry on rainy days. The cockpit is large enough to accommodate a table and chairs or fish for your favorite dinner. Along the starboard side is a ladder with access to the overhead deck. At the base of the ladder is a propane locker with additional storage. The deck is protected with stainless steel stanchions and rails for added safety. The deck provides access to storage over the pilothouse for water toys.
Walk forward through the full size, solid aluminum door into the massive full beam salon. Overhead are teak handrails for added safety. To starboard you will see the large galley area complete with solid surface countertops, bountiful cabinets and drawers, and bright natural light from large windows. To port is a large hanging locker and end table with the beautiful L-Shaped settee just forward. Under the settee are large storage areas. The settee has a large folding table, which will allow this area to convert to a double berth. There is a flat screen television and a built-in DVD player. As you continue forward and up two steps, you will enter the pilothouse that has made Nordic Tugs famous. There are two very comfortable seating areas, with enough seating for four, and a large chart table just forward of the companion helm seat. To starboard is the traditional helm with electronics. The visibility is outstanding with a 360-degree view. To the port and starboard are sliding pilothouse doors. Access to the engine compartment is through the pilothouse hatches. As you continue forward from the pilothouse and down a few steps, to port is a stateroom with upper and lower berths, hanging lockers, and storage. The single head is to starboard with direct entry from the passageway and master stateroom. Forward is the large master stateroom with queen sized centerline bed, tons of storage and hanging lockers. The overhead hatch is oversized. There are custom cabinets along the side for added storage for long term stays.
The galley is located in the main cabin along the starboard side and offers excellent natural light and plenty of storage and food preparation space.
- Solid surface counter tops with fiddles
- Double stainless steel sinks with faucet and sprayer and filter fresh water
- Princess (3) burner propane stainless steel stove top with oven and broiler
- Propane solenoid and control system
- Nova Kool dual voltage refrigerator and freezer
- Microwave/convection oven
- Ample storage in cabinets and drawers
- Pull out cutting board
The main electrical panel is located in the pilothouse with easy access.
- 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC power
- Power distribution panel with circuit breakers
- Chafe protected and color coded electrical wiring
- (2) 30-amp shore power connections with splitter
- GFI protected receptacles
- Northern Lights 5.5 kW generator with sound shield in engine compartment
- Stat Power 2000 watt Inverter with remote control panel
- Centrek Battery charger
- True Charge 40+ battery charger
- Seaward 11-gallon hot water heater with engine heat exchanger
- Ocean Air marine reverse cycle air conditioning and heat with electronic controls
- (3) Two-speed pilothouse windshield wipers
- Dual stainless steel trumpet horns
- Side Power 4-hp bow and stern thrusters with joy stick controls
- LED interior lighting
- CO2 and smoke detectors
- Samsung 32” flat screen TV with built-in DVD player
- Samsung Sound Bar for added surround sound
- LG Blue Ray player for TV
- Sony Marine AM/FM/CD player with (4) remote speakers and Sirius XM
- Tank Tender Gauge for fuel and water tanks
- VDO water level gauge
All electronics are within easy reach and visibility of the pilothouse helm.
- Ritchie compass
- Raymarine E-120 color chart plotter and display
- Raymarine RL-70C color chart plotter and display
- Raymarine 2-kW radar for RL-70
- Raymarine 4-kW radar for E-120
- Raymarine ST-500+ autopilot
- ICOM IC-M506 VHF radio with DSC and GPS display
- ICOM IC-502 radio with DSC
- ICOM IC-M802 SSB radio with ICOM BP-24 external speaker
- ICOM AT-140 Automatic Antenna Tuner
- Raymarine ST-60 TriData for speed, depth and water temp
- Raymarine AIS receiver
- Sirius weather receiver
- Tank Watch system for fuel, water and holding tank levels
- HP 5520 PC printer and USB outlet at chart table in pilothouse
Excellent access into engine compartment through two pilothouse hatches giving complete access to the mechanicals. Seller has maintained mechanicals well with oil samples and oil changes every 200 hours. All invoice and records for service and maintenance available.
- Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M3, 330 hp diesel engine, fresh water cooled, with 2,600 hours
- ZF Marine transmission
- Stainless steel shaft with dripless shaft seal
- Cummins engine panel with RPM, temp, oil pressure, and volt gauges/alarms
- Cummins single station engine and transmission control
- Dual RACOR primary fuel filters with vacuum gauge
- Oil exchanging system for engine, transmission and genset
- Spare propeller
- Hydraulic steering with wood helm steering wheel
- Side Power 4-hp bow and stern thrusters with joystick controls and remote control
Deck and Hardware
In 2020, the hull was painted with Flag Ship Blue Awlgrip paint and the bottom was repainted. Bottom was painted also in 2020.
- Bow pulpit with single stainless steel bow roller
- Lofrans 12-volt electric anchor windlass with foot and helm controls
- Bruce 44 lbs. anchor with 200 feet of chain rode
- Stainless steel stanchions and rails extended for port along bow to starboard pilothouse doors
- Port and starboard boarding gates
- Swim platform with folding stainless steel swim ladder and transom door
- Dingy davit system for rising and lower dingy with transom connections
- Outboard motor hoist
- Built-in storage for fenders, (4) fenders
- Magma BBQ grill with cover mounted on stern rail
- Removable screens for pilothouse and salon doors
- Cockpit transom hot and cold water shower
- Self-draining cockpit
- Stainless steel hand rails along cabin top from cockpit to bow
- Stainless steel stanchions and rails on top deck
- Storage racks for kayaks or other water toys on deck over pilothouse
- Stainless steel fish pole holders on top deck
- Textalene exterior window covers
- Anchor bow protection
Recently painted hull and added features make this the 37 Nordic Tugs to consider for cruising or live aboard. MAZEL TUG has completed the Great Loop and is ready for other adventures. Don’t miss this one!
Seller has a change of plans which dictates the sale.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.