2001 C&C 121
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Port Washington, NY
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 69,900
This 2001 C&C 121 designed by Tim Jackett and built in Ohio at the same plant as the Tartan yachts. She incorporates progressive construction techniques. The hull is laminated with E-glass and Kevlar with Vinylester resin for strength and longevity. Core Cell almost eliminates the problem of water migration, the bane of older coring materials. C&C omits the core in high-stress areas around the chainplates, through-hull fittings and keel floors. The hull laminate is vacuum bagged, which distributes pressure evenly over the laminate while removing air with a vacuum pump.
Glory B is listed well below market value. Unfortunately while on the hard for an extended period her interior was flooded with fresh water that went undetected. She is in need of interior woodwork replacement and/or refinishing. She is structurally sound and has been being sailed as she is. She is an excellent candidate for restoration. Call for more information and a showing.
Please contact Jim Colletti at 917-620-5955
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Tim Jackett
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
LWL: 35 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 5 in
Displacement: 14100 lbs
Ballast: 5500 lbs
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: MD 2040
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Fresh Water Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Hull, Deck, Rudder
- Hull construction is a vinylester laminate vacuum bagged with CoreCell core laminate locally reinforced with carbon fiber. The hull is postcured to 145 degrees. Post-cured epoxy resin laminate is far stronger and maximizes the physical properties of the laminate.
• CoreCell closed cell linear polymer foam coring is used for maximum impact resistance, stiffness, strength, and light weight. The cored hull also offers superior hull insulating properties, both thermal and acoustical.
• The laminate in the keel area is reinforced with multiple plies of high-tensile carbon-fiber unidirectional reinforcements.
- DECK is a balanced composite laminate utilizing vinylester resin, uni-directional "E"-glass reinforcement, and high strength/stiffness Baltek premium AL 600 balsa coring locally reinforced at high load areas with additional plies of bi-directional "E"-glass reinforcement
- Molded in aluminum backing plates on all highly loaded deck hardware
- Hull to deck joint is secured with 1/4-20 stainless machine screws installed on 4" centers through the full-length 6061 T6 aluminum backing plate imbedded in the hull flange. This method exceeds the recommended installation requirements of the ABS scantling for offshore sailing yachts.- Hull to deck joint is sealed with 3M 5200 adhesive sealant.
- Elliptical, foam-cored rudder blade with uni-directional E-glass skins
NASA high lift, low drag rudder section for maximum control and performance
Rack & Pinion steering system with 48-inch Commodore wheel. Oversize 304 stainless steel rudder post.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.