2001 Seaworthy Downeast
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Boston, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 69,000
October 2019 - $17,500 PRICE REDUCTION FOR QUICK END OF SEASON SALE!! You already know the Seaworthy (BHM) 28 reputation for exceptional handling, stability, economy and comfort offshore, and this fully restored example is at the top of the list! She's powered by a reliable Yanmar 315 turbodiesel, which provides an easy 18k cruise, burning under 10gph. Her layout is perfect for day fishing, and the 100sq.ft. cockpit will accommodate a sizable fishing crew. The very knowledgeable owner has completely gone through this boat, from plumbing and wiring, to a highly functional electronics package. She is designed for fishing, and in her size class, is well known as one of the very best of Spencer Lincoln's conceptions. These excellent Downeast boats don't appear for sale often, so take advantage of this opportunity! TRULY, this is a SUPERB BOAT!
Contact Larry Bussey
Call me directly @ 603-433-3222
Creating a SEA CHANGE in how brokerage is done!
Please contact Larry Bussey at 603-433-3222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 28 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 6 in
Number of heads: 1
Details and Specifications
DETAILS and SPECIFICATIONS:
- Yanmar 6LP-STE 315 hp. (3740 hrs as of 6/5/19) w/waterlift muffler
ZF 63A transmission w/ troll valve
- 210 gallons of fuel in (2) 105 gallon tanks
- Dual Racor fuel filter assembly w/ selector valve
- Built in oil change electric pump
- 3 steering stations (wheelhouse, stern, tower)
- Buss heater in wheelhouse off engine coolant
- Microwave oven
- (3) 8D batteries (2 new this year, other 3 years old)
- Electradyne hauler w/gin pole & block
- Shore power w/ outlets v-berth & wheelhouse & onboard battery charger
- Custom port side seating that folds down
- Engine box seating w/ tackle & general storage
- Helm seat on bulkhead swivel mount (removable)
- Stb side swing up door
- Custom bi-fold winterback doors
- 70 gallon below deck livewell w/high volume pump, 6 overflows (2 stern, 2 each side) & pumpout
- 2 below deck 48x24x16 insulated fish holds with anchor hatches
- Rule 17a high volume washdown w/ 1 1/2 hose (16 ft new this year)
- Transom walk thru door
- Custom transom (hidden/fold down) helm controls
- Tower w/helm controls. (Easily removed for transporting)
- Custom port side ladder to access tower/roof
- Rocket launcher for 8 rods (roof mounted)
- Rocket launcher for 6 rods (tower)
- Port side rod holders for 6 rods
- Rod holders for 6 rods (winterback door)
- V-berth has 3 built in rod holders (storing 130s on butts)
- 10 LD Marine swivel rod holders (8 0 degree cockpit, 2 15 degree stb side at helm
- 6 Lee rod holders (cockpit) (bass rods trolling, chunking.... ect)
- Roof mounted Lee outriggers; Lee Center rigger
- Tower mounted LD heavy duty outriggers (pulling spreader bars)
* (2) Simrad NSS12 displays
* 4 G broadband radar
* BSM-2 chirp sounder module
* Airmar B275 1K chirp transducer
* Pair (stainless with faring blocks) side/down scan transducers
* Simrad AP-24 auto pilot (interfaced with NSS displays)
* Raymarine E80 display
* M260 1K shoot thru transducer
* DSM 300 sounder module (have spare module also)
* Garmin 2010c chart plotter
* Garmin 2006 chart plotter (tower)
* Standard horizon vhf w/hailer, Horn, fog signals
* 2nd vhf will be included, either unit with scrambler or other unit with expanded channels
* Revere 4 person canister (roof tower base mounted) liferaft (new in 2016)
* Throw ring
* 8 Commercial 50 mile offshore flare kit
* Vessel has a CG commercial dockside exam sticker good till 2021
- Boat got a new (raised) deck 5 years ago, transom - dash and bulkhead. The
stringers are full height (2 inch Nidacore) and 2x2 fiberglass angle that the deck is glued & fastened to. All wood was removed and Coosa deck installed with vinylester resin used with fiberglass Matt & 1708 cloth used top & bottom sides of deck. This winter boat got a major rehab/facelift with the hull receiving Awlgrip 545 primer & Awlcraft paint (gray). Spray rails, quarterguards white, boot stripe red, both 545 primer & Awrcraft paint. V-Berth, wheelhouse, cockpit & deck all new gelcoat (White/gray non skid). Most everything was removed for the rehab (no sand & mask job). New custom stainless stern corner trim/protectors , fabricated-polished to mirror finish & installed. All bilge, livewell, macerator, pump-out pumps replaced this winter.
- Owner is the 2nd owner of this 28' Seaworthy. The original owner kept it in pristine condition, and only utilized it for personal recreational fishing.
- This owner bought this boat in June 2008 with 144 hrs. Motor / boat has never gone more than 125 hrs between oil changes & fuel filters (most changes @ 100 hrs) in the time I’ve owned it).
- Prior to that it got more coats of wax that hrs put on it it’s 1st 7 years. All recommended maintenance was done according & above recommended schedule including: timing belt, tensioner, idler pulley, valve adjustments, alternator belts replaced, transmission oil replaced annually ,engine & boat zincs, turbo washes.
- The Intercooler is serviced & cleaned annually. The heat exchanger been removed & cleaned very 3 years ( though each time not necessary upon inspection after removal.
- 2018 replaced 6 new fuel injectors, new OEM raw water pump assembly.
Boat cruises 15-16 kts depending on load & conditions (17-18kts with a light load) tops out @ 22-23 kts
15-16 kt cruise @ 300-3200 RPMs it sips fuel !!!
Boat has been stored each year since 2009 inside a giant Shelter November- March at owner's house (out of the winter elements).
- This boat has had immaculate care over the years, and will continue to provide excellent, reliable service for years to come.
Sea Change Yacht Sellers, LLC offers the details of this vessel in good faith but does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor does it warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy