2001 Caliber 40 LRC
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Alameda, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 179,500
Think .." S S S " Safety , Seaworthy and Sexy ! And look no further. Give us a call today ! "Topaz" a 2001 Caliber 40 LRC is here at our docks. Original owner and you will not find a boat to match that has been as meticulously maintained. LRC .. LONG RANGE CRUISER , yes, she carries 212 gal of fuel, 179 gal of water + HRO water maker. Keel stepped sloop rig with a convertible cutter rig, In Mast furling main. Hard dodger / Bimini w/ transition , along with multiple sun shades for those long, hot days. Raymarine has helm covered with Radar, RL70C chartplotter, autopilot, knot-depth and wind. Safety … Viking 4 man Liferaft (nice to have, but never want to use). Keep the Admiral comfortable with HEAT / AIR for all climates . Ready to go ashore … no problem, the dingy and ob are at your finger tips on the stern mounted Kato Davits .
Topaz's upgrades just keep going … read further or just give us a call.
She is a comfortable at sea, tracks extremely well and is ready to go !
She is a rare fine on the West Coast !!
The Caliber 40 LRC has features like Water Tight Collision Bulkhead. High Ballast/Displacement ratio adding safety and stability. Modified cut a-way full keel with skeg hung rudder. Unbelievable storage ! Richly furnished in teak, the interior is light and airy, not to mention roomy !
NEW LISTING … MORE TO COME !!!
Roger and Dinah Goodsell
Cell 510-710-6822 / 510-710-6823
1070 Marina Village Pkwy #101 A
Alameda, CA 94501
I am available 24 / 7 and look forward to working with you ....
Please give me a call or drop me a line....
Dinah Goodsell Cell 510-710-6823 email@example.com
Please contact Dinah Goodsell at 510-710-6823
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 40 ft 11 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 32 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 39 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 1 in
Displacement: 21600 lbs
Ballast: 9500 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
A lot of thought has gone into the construction and layout of the Caliber 40 LRC. As you come down a very comfortable and wide companionway, you have 3 steps that welcome you to a well illuminated and richly furnished teak salon. To port you have a large "L" shaped galley with access to Nav Station. Adjacent to starboard is a full head with dual access. Starboard and aft is a large berth (6'7" x 4'4" ) , cedar lined hanging locker and private access to the aft head. Moving forward is beautiful "L" shaped seating to port with a twin-leaf dining table that folds up against the bulkhead. When stored up, you find yourself in a "Living Room" that's perfect for entertaining guests. When lowered, you have access to a very nice and handy liquor cabinet with assorted glassware and additional storage. With the single leaf you can have dining for 4 comfortably. Extend the leaf and you have a table that extends to include your guest to starboard. This port settee also has a flip up extension, giving this single berth additional width. Starboard, you have a long settee . Storage beyond belief behind and below both settees. Do not take lightly ! This is a cruisers dream !!! Moving forward you have the Master Stateroom with a Pullman berth to port (6'4" x 4'4" ) which is extremely comfortable with a custom Hypo Allergenic Pure Latex foam mattress on the "Froli " System …. don't ask , just try it out !! The Pullman mattress lifts up on for access to a "drop-in" storage locker . On the front side of the berth are 2 lockers and 3 drawers. Adjacent to starboard, double cedar lined hanging lockers with a desk and storage below..... Storage ! Storage ! Storage … unbelievable for a 40' vessel ! Forward is a large head with separate shower area to port .
- 6'5" Headroom
- Beautiful teak with craftsmanship of 10+
- Teak and Holly sole
- Marine Air 1600 BTU Reverse Cycle Heat / Air conditioning (2010 )
- (2004) Custom Ivory Pleather interior cushions
- Upgraded foam and batting on all cushions (2011)
- (7) Hella turbo Fans placed strategically throughout the boat
- Raritan Sea Era Electric Toilet in aft head (2007)
- Manual head fwd
- Flat Screen 19" HD TV / DVD (no antenna)
- Jensen AM / FM / CD w/ NOAA Weather -- Bose 151 salon speakers
- Oceanair Hatch screens and shades for the larege deck hatches (2005)
- LED upgrades throughout the interior
The galley is port of companionway , "L" shaped and great for working underway or on the hook. Storage .. Storage .. Great counter working space.
- Deep double sink
- Hot / Cold Pressure water with hand spray
- Bestek under galley sink Freshwater Filtration System
- Foot pump for fresh water
- Frigaboat AC / DC Refrigeration with freezer and ice tray
- Frigidaire Microwave (2015)
- Force 10 (2) burner LPG / Gimbaled stove & oven
- Xintex Fireboy Propane Fume Detector and valve control
The Nav station is port and aft of companionway with ample storage and desk. 12V / 110 panel at your finger tips . Space for future electronics .
- Jensen AM / FM / CD w/ NOAA weather
- Sirus Radio Receiver at Nav Station
- ARC Rapid Fix 406 EPIRB w GPS Interface (new battery 2014)
- Weems and Plath Barometer 3"
At the Helm ..
- Whitlock SS Wheel 36" leather wrapped
- Ritchie compass 4"
- Raymarine ST60 Knot - Depth - Windspeed/point
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot w/ wireless remote control
- Raymarine Radar and RL70C Chartplotter
- Raystar 125 GPS Receiver Antenna
- Std Horizon Matrix AIS / GPS w/ Ram Mic
Engine and Electrical
Yanmar 55 hp … 4JH3E 4 cyl FWC
- Approx 2650 engine hrs.
- 3 bladed prop 17x14
- 1 1/4 SS shaft
- Rope cutter "Stripper" on shaft
- PYI Packless shaft seal (PSS)
- Yanmar standard panel at helm with tach
- 150 amp (upgraded) alternator
- Whitlock .. Leather Wrapped SS 36" wheel
Engine Service … fluids / filters/ impeller (2061 eng hr)
- (4) Gp 31 GELTECH deep cycle - in parallel … House Batteries (May 2014)
- (1) Gp 27 GELTECH deep cycle … Starter Battery (May 2014)
- Upgraded battery cables (August 2005)
- Perko rotary type battery switch
- Balmar 150 A w/ Smart remote regulator
- Heart Interface Freedom 1500 Inverter / Charger
- Heart Interface Link 2000 battery monitor
KYOCERA 125 W Solar Panel on custom mount above Kato Davits
- (2) 50' 30 amp Marinco power cords
- (1) Marinco power cord adapter for 1-50amp to 2 30 amp
- FUEL ….. 212 gals total / 2 tanks
*Estimated Range of 1,484 nautical miles !
- WATER ….. 179 gals total / 2 tanks
- Hot water heater ….. 6 gal
- HOLDING ….. 60 gal
** The WATER / FUEL are fiberglass tanks, built-in to the bilge before the interior is laid up. Laminated directly to the hull. The "Integral tanks" enhance the hull strength and serves as a double bottom to the hull.
** The "Dual Diesel Fuel System" are a completely independent fuel supply source to the engine. Each system has it's own tank fill, filter, vent and pickup. If there is ever a contamination or delivery problem a turn of valves puts the second system on line without even shutting down the engine !
** The "Dual Fresh Water Systems" … each sysem has its own tank, fill, filter, vent and pickup. If there is a contamination or delivery problem a turn of valves puts the second system on line instantly !
HRO WATERMAKER (2005) … 150-200gal/day w/ freshwater flush
Rigging and Sails
Keel stepped sloop rig with convertible cutter shroud. All lines lead aft to cockpit to Lewmar line stoppers.
- Furlex 300S Roller Furler
- Doyle 95% furling jib (2009) .. excellent condition
- Doyle 135% w/ Capt Navy UV (2014). .. excellent condition
- Doyle staysail for convertible cutter rig (very little use, like new)
- Doyle In Mast furling main (2011)
- Forespar telescoping Whisker Pole - mast mounted
- Selden Rodkicker Rigid Vang
- Intermediate shrouds and fittings replaced in 2014
- (2) Lewmar #50 ST Primaries (upgraded)
- (2) Lewmar #40 ST Cabin top winches (upgraded)
- (1) Lewmar #24 mast winch
Hull to Deck
The Caliber keel can be best described as a long shoal fin. This type of keel has become very popular for offshore sailing. This designed fin in conjunction with a skeg hung rudder can provide excellent directional stability, ease of maneuverability, reduced wetted surface, and improved windward performance. The bottom of the rudder/skag is much higher than the bottom of the keel for added grounding protection.
- Hand laid fiberglass construction
- Reinforced Impact Zones (2 areas). These areas are heavily laminated with extra layers of solid fiberglass to help minimize damage in case of impact. ... 1) Bow at water line 2)Leading edge of bottom of keel.
- Water tight forward bulkhead … this vertical bulkhead is above and below water line, near the fore foot.
Caliber uses the horizontal flange method for all the deck to hull connections. The deck- to- hull joint starts with an inward turning flange on the hull. The deck, which is slightly oversized, allows the deck flange to be custom fit perfectly to each hull. Which starts the four - step process of sealing the deck to the hull
- FIRST.... a polyurethane adhesive sealant (#5200) is utilized to bond the deck and hull together. This 3M product is an excellent sealant and a very strong adhesive.
- SECOND …. an isoprene copolymer flexible tape is added protection against leakage in this critical seal. The tape is 1/2" wide and 1/4" high, and is placed along the inside edge of the hull flange, around the circumference of the hull. It is designed to remain pliable and act as a soft gasket to help prevent water penetration.
- THIRD …. after the hull and deck are jointed together, a maintenance free aluminum toe rail is bedded with the #5200 polyurethane marine sealant and bolted on six inch centers with 1/4" 18-8 grade stainless steel carriage bolts. This toe rail acts as a full-length backing plate to help spread the loads evenly throughout its entire length.
- FOURTH …. the outboard edge of the deck to hull connection is then further sealed against moisture intrusion with a maintenance free rub rail. This is also bedded in the #5200 polyurethane marine sealant. An easily replaceable, stainless steel striker rail then caps off the rub rail. The rub rail acts as a bumper, preventing nicks and dings when the hull scrapes against pilings or docks.
Another nice feature on the Deck-to-hull joints is accessibility to the connection. With the simple removal of valance covers, the entire perimeter of the deck-to-hull joint system is accessible from the interior of the hull if the need should ever arise.
The heavy stainless steel chain plates are bolted through a chain plate bulkhead. Firmly attached to the hull utilizing 8 layers of mat and roving running vertically and horizontally on both sides of the chain plate. the horizontal bulkheads located near the chain plates are also glassed into the hull, spreading the chain plate loads fore and aft.
The Caliber deck is built with Marine Tech structural coring. The actual length of the hull (LOH) is 39'1", but the added anchor roller platform/ bow sprit makes the length overall (LOA) 40'11" The headstay is moved out twelve inches onto the anchor platform to increase the "J" measurement. Thus, opening up the slot between the headsail and the staysail to create an efficient cutter rig. The anchor roller extends even farther out beyond the headstay attachment point for easy storage of the main anchor. The 8" extension plates on the furling drum allows the anchor to be lowered and raised without the shank hitting the drum. Large anchor well locker with hatch contains a partition to separate rode and chain for 2 anchors.
- Lewmar "Concept One" Windless w/ two remote stations
- Custom fabricated stainless steel plates to protect bowsprit
- 45 lb CQR w/ approx. 130' 3/16 chain and 150' rode
- Fortress FX 23 with approx. 25' chain and 150 rode
- Slotted aluminum toe rail …. great for mounting blocks for different sailing conditions, hanging fenders, or provides secure footing for deck work.
- High-quality stainless steel portholes
- Raised cabin top with low maintenance anodized handrails … safety
- (2). Stainless steel dorade vents provide excellent ventilation w/ SS guards … safety
- (14) Opening ports
- (7) overhead hatches
- In board shrouds for easy and safe passage moving fore and aft
- Large T shaped cockpit
- Cockpit benches 7'6" in length w/ high back coamings for security and comfort
- Transom boarding platform makes boarding simple , safe and easy !
- Drop down stern boarding ladder can be easily accessed from IN THE WATER
- Bow and Stern double high pulpits
- Double high life lines with boarding gates port and starboard
Hard Dodger with hand rails .. new windows upgraded in 2011
- Bimini and transition
- Multiple sunshades
April 2017 Bottom Paint --- Micron 66
- Viking 4 Man Self-Righting Life Raft in canister on cradle (packed 2014)
- Kato Davits w/ blocks and tackle will support up to 600 lbs
- 2001 Achilles LSI / 9'6" inflatable floor w/ custom "chaps"
- 2002 Tohatsu 6 hp (4 stroke)
- Edson OB Motor Mount on stern rail
- "Wave Stopper" Hard Dodger Navy (new windows 2011) w/ covers
- Bimini and Transition (2016)
- Multiple Custom sun shades (covering bow and midship )
Items not going with vessel
- Hand Vacuum
- First Aid kit
- Personal items in fwd and aft head
- Personal clothing
- (4) Inflatable life vest and safety harnesses (under stb settee)
- Charts / Book
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.