2000 Polar Beluga
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cruising, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 298,000
55 Polar Beluga 2000
Professionally built by Polar Boat and Yacht’s owners for themselves between 1989 and 2001. Construction was done to exacting standards. Whatever the design called for, the next level of quality or grade was used. Ancor Marine 24v, 110v and 220v wiring. Harken hardware, Bowmar hatches to name a few. That care and thought continues, as "Northern Dream" is still immaculately maintained.
Very large Master stateroom aft, two guest staterooms, two heads, double sided galley, spacious salon-dinette, dedicated navigation station and a large workshop full forward to handle any project.
Well appointed, from upholstery to lighting and beautiful joinery. The interior is finished in mahogany with teak trim, or solid teak. The cabin sole is thick solid teak and holly. Headroom is an incredible 7’1”!
Any mechanical or systems work is a breeze due to large removeable panels to the engine room.
The cockpit is very large and comfortable. The deck is easy to move around in. Storage compartments are watertight, hatches are flush.
The boat sleeps 6 comfortably in 3 staterooms, with additional sleeping for up to 3 more in the dinette and workshop. Total of 8-9 people can be accommodated. However, it is easily handled by a couple due to its furling boom and jib, and all running rigging leads aft. Enjoy the dolphin seat at the bow and watch the dolphins frolicking while you are underway.
A true blue-water boat, built tough and capable of worldwide adventuring in comfort! Her chainplates are integrated into the hull and are located by either sidegate. They are so strong that she can be lifted up on those cleats!
Built from 1989 to 2000, launched in 2001. Has sailed from Alaska down to Mexico. One-owner!
And for the welding nerds – she was built with a combination of mig and tig welding. Email the broker for more details on her hull construction, design details, and safety features.
CONTACT LISTING BROKER:
MARISA VELASCO @ CELL +52-622-855-9167 or US 949-209-8699
or EMAIL email@example.com
VESSEL IS LOCATED IN: Cruising, Mexico
Please contact Marisa Velasco at +52 62 28 55 91 67
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Polar Boat and Yacht
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 54 ft 5 in
Beam: 16 ft 8 in
LWL: 47 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Ballast: 15000 lbs
Headroom: 7 ft 1 in
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 4JH3-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 110 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2250 RPM
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (350 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (490 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (235 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Above decks and full forward is the dolphin twin-seat, anchor, then anchor locker, followed by the sail locker. A collision bulkhead was installed aft of the lockers.
WORKSHOP: Below decks and full foward is a spacious full workshop which has a work bench surface, multiple storage cabinets, drawers, tools and AC electrical panel. The space is a woodworker and maintenance person’s dream. Some of the built-in gear includes an isolation transformer, access to the depth sounder-transducer, heater (inop).
Overhead is a rectangular oversized hatch to accommodate lowering large pieces of equipment.
FWD GUEST ROOM & HEAD: Continuing aft and to port is the forward guest stateroom. The Pullman style athwartships double berth has 6 drawers and underberth storage. Against the forward bulkheads is a vanity with a 2-door cabinet above. Cabinet under stbd side and hanging locker to port. Outward is another set of lockers, cbinets, a seat with storage, followed by cubby holes and an opening port light. Above the berth is another long 3-door storage cabinet. Overhead is a large opening hatch. The area houses a 30 gallon water heater under the bunk. Across and to starboard is the Spelndide washer/dryer combo and more storage.
The guest head has a toilet, sink, 4-door cabinet, slider bar adjustable shower head and opening port light. The shower drains to the sump pump.
Salon, Dinette and Nav Station
Coming down the cleverly Lapierre designed dual companionway steps covered with non-skid tape is the salon-dinette to port. Navigation station is to starboard, aft of which is the door leading to the mid stateroom.
The dinette is a cross between a rectangle and an oval, and seats 8 comfortably. Upholstery is soft white leather accented by designer throw pillows. Under and behind the settee is storage throughout. Above the outward area is the entertainment center for stereo and bookshelves. The back of the settee has shelf storage.
The forward facing Navigation station is a comprehensive area of electronics, computer, printer, all at your fingertips. A comfortable upholstered seat has storage and drawers underneath. The wet locker is aft, conveniently located close to the companionway steps.
The galley is located to port and is two-sided. Port outboard is the Glacier Bay front and top-loading 8 cu. Ft. refrigerator. Behind it is a 3 cu. Ft. freezer compartment. The gimbaled stove with oven has storage beneath. Above is hexagon cabinetry showing the microwave and cabinets plus lower drawer and cabinet.
Across amidship are the double SS sinks, above a cabinet with sliders and below doube doors plus two-drawer cabinet left. Aft of the galley is the door providing portside access to the engine room, steering chain (no cable!), and shaft steering.
- Refrigerator/Freezer: Glacier Bay
- Water Heater: 30 gallon, electric
- Stove: Princess 3-burner propane, with oven
- Microwave: GE 1000 watt semi-built-in
- Ice Maker: Standalone ZB-16 series
- Clothes Washer/Dryer: Splendide Combo-Matic
- Sink: Double SS
- Pressure H/C water: Paragon Sr.
- Other: Inboard side of the galley slides out for more engine access. Above the sink is a secure storage system, for plates, bowls, cups and glasses.
The Master aft stateroom is the “piece de resistance”. The elevated queen-sized in line berth is beautifully appointed. Each side has cubby holes, lockers, settees with storage, his and hers hanging lockers. Each side has swing out lamps in addition to personal reading lamps.
In the transom are two large portlights, port and starboard opening hatches, and a large opening skylight/hatch to starboard.
At the base of the berth is a beautiful marble tablet. Pneumatic cylinders lift and hold the berth while you access the huge storage space underneath. At the foot are 2 rows of 3 drawers plus a drop-down shoe-storage space. Under the upholstered seats is more storage. On each side are water-tight lockers that originate on deck for general stowage and vented propane locker holding 6 tanks bolted down.
The master head to starboard has a manual skipper toilet, rectangular porcelain sink, roomy vanity and rectangular soaking tub and shower.
To port and forward is a custom mirrored vanity. Angled corners and mirrored lights complete the area. More hanging lockers are located immediately aft of the vanity and into the stateroom.
Midships Guest Stateroom
Midships and to starboard is the additional Guest stateroom and passageway. The Pullman style double berth lays fore and aft. Beneath are six drawers and cabinet while above the pillows are 3 cubby holes. At the foot is a hanging locker with a seat beneath and more storage. There is an opening portlight to starboard.
The passageway has long removable panels to give you starboard access to the spacious engine room.
Aft is the door to access the Master Head.
- 2016 – Hull sandblasted, primed and painted with awlgrip to its current white and claret color.
- Bottom paint is a tin-base Biotin II (especially for aluminum boats), just done in Nov. 2018
- Windlass – powered by its own bank of (2) 4D batteries
- Anchor #1: Bruce 100 lb with 350’ chain, marked in paint and zipties in 50’ segments
- Anchor #2: Bruce 80 lb. with 50’ chain and 450’ line 1 ¼ nylon rode
- Anchor #3: Fortress 75 lb (Storm anchor)
- Anchor #4: Danforth 45 lb with 50’ chain and line, Stern mounted
- Toe rails: Aluminum
- Ladders: Custom ship-style boarding ladder; swim ladder
- Bow Pulpit: Yes
- Pulpits: SS with one Dolphin Seat for two
- Anchor Windlass: Lofrans Titan 24v electric with wired remote and foot switch
- Dinghy: Achilles 12’, 2007 Hypalon;
- Dinghy motor: 10 hp outboard (1989) 2-stroke
- Dinghy Davits: Manual
- Anchor Rollers: (1) aft; (2) forward
- Lights: Deck, tricolor, spreader
- Saltwater deck washdown (manual)
- Other canvas: Dodger, Cockpit Awning, 5 panels to enclose dodger and additional cover behind dodger. Winch covers, binnacle wheel cover, dolphin seat cover, dinghy cover
- Lifelines/Stanchions: 3 lifelines, Extra high ½” coated wire
- Deck Material: Treadmaster nonskid
- Gates: Port / Starboard / Aft
- Other Deck equipment: (4) Dorade vents
- Additional equipment: (2) African wood way boards 10” x 4’ x 1” panels to add to fenders for connecting to pilings.
Sails and Rigging
- Cruise equipped: Mainsail, Jib, Staysail and Storm sails.
- Dacron Mainsail – fully battened, Quantum (California), in excellent condition (575 sq. ft)
- Dacron Jibsail – Banks (Oregon), in good condition (825 sq ft.). Roller furling in boom
- Dacron Staysail and Storm sails – never used, NEW!
- Boom Vang: Yes
- Mast: Aluminum Isomat, keel stepped with compression post
- Standing Rigging: Oversized wire
- Mainsheet Traveler: Yes, Harken
- Lines Lead Aft: Yes
- Whisker Pole: Yes
- Spinnaker Pole: Yes
- Winches: (3) 52 Andersen; (2) 58 2-speed, ST; (2) Barient on Mast
Electronics and Helm
- Radio/Stereo: Sony CMT-CP II with SP-24 speakers SSB/Ham Radio: Icom IGM802 Auto Ant
- TV: (1) Polaroid 20”
- DVD Player: 1
- VHF#1: Icom IC M502
- VHF#2: Icom IC M45
- Radar: Raymarine Pathfinder 48 mi, integrated to Nav station
- Radar Alarm: Yes
- Depth Sounder: Raymarine L760
- Wind Speed & Direction: Raymarine ST40, plus on Main Mast head
- Auto Pilot: Raymarine ST 7001T
- Chart Plotter: Raytheon L769
- GPS: Raystar 120
- Compass: (1) Ritchie
- Displays at helm and nav station
- Other: Fluxgate compass for Autopilot.
All electronics are Raytheon and talk to each other via high-speed bus and “Seatalk”. Transducer is replaceable via a tube within a tube system with an O ring, in the workshop, allowing you to change or service the transducer in water.
- Batteries: 2 banks, fore and aft, O’Rielly, 2019. Forward are two 4D AGM batteries. Aft are 4 in Series/Parallel.
- Total Amp hours: 390
- Smart Regulator: (Rebuilt 2009) Bomar.
- Battery parallel switch: (2). Main bank and engine start
- Battery Monitor: (2) Link 10 and Prosine
- Dockside Electrical Cable: 30A/50A 75/100 feet
- Electrical System: DC: 12v and 24v plus AC: 110v and 220v
- Inverter/Charger: Prosine 3500 watt, auto and manual
- Interior Lighting: 12v/24v and 110v. Full red night lights below decks
- Alternator: Engine (12v) mounted in workshop for front battery bank, plus Bomar (24v) High output
- Battery charger
- Other: By nav station is 24v DC breaker panel – 36 breaks available. Forward is an AC panel. Dockside AC is routed through isolation transformer, for galvanic protection.
- Wiring is up to ABYS standards.
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
- Engine: Yanmar 4JH3-THE
- Engine Hours: 3118, Rebuilt in May 2019
- Hours since Maior Overhaul: 10
- Cruising Speed: 6 knots at 2250 rpm
- Maximum (hull) speed: 9.5 knots
- Gallons/hour at Cruise: 2.5
- Gallons/Hour at Max: 4
- Range: (approx.) 1400 nm
- Custom 3-blade all SS propeller
- Bowthruster – 10 hp Electric with controls at helm, powered by its own bank of 2-4D batteries (shared with windlass)
- Airconditioner: Glacier Bay, to staterooms
- Bilge Pumps: (4) Rule 3800, 2 Auto and 2 manual
- Raw Water Sea Strainer: yes, with spare
- Bilge Blower: Yes, Manual
- Fire Extinguishing: Manual
- Fuel Filters: 2 (10 micron) plus one on engine. Primary is 2 micron
- Steering: Wheel, chain and shaft (not hydraulic!)
- Fuel Shut Off: At stove, engine, and fume detector
- Fresh Water Cooling: Yes
- Transmission: Yanmar 2000 KM4A
- Head Type: Wilcox Manual (2)
- Holding Tank: Electric – Pump out or overboard. Forward = 40 gallons; Stbd = 100 gallons
- Watermaker: Spectra 20 gpd (2000)
- Lifejackets: 10, plus 2 childrens
- LIFESLING: Yes
- Liferaft: Switlick 6-person
- Jacklines: Yes
- Emergency Survival Pod / Kit – at Nav Station
Notable features: This well thought out vessel has many outstanding features. All hanging lockers are cedar-lined. The hatches and portlights are best quality Bowmar. Several of the lighting fixtures are state-pf-the-art Scanvic brand. Drawer sliders and hinges are of European styling. The joinery is either solid teak or mahogany with teak trim throughout.
In each head, the shower head slides on upright SS bars for tall and short crew. The portlight curtains are reversible upholstered panels with sailboat motif. The cabin sole is solid teak and holly over ¾” marine ply. The cabin sole hatches are snap locking for safety at sea while underway.
Materials used for the hull are all 50-86 with a ¼” minimum thickness. Bottom is 1” plate, Frame-to-keel is 3/8”. Hull is 3/8” x 2 ½”. Stern from bow to keel and front of keel is 1” x 3”. Keel is 1” x 3/8” x 3/8” welded in 4 places total. At the bow is a collision bulkhead and watertight compartment. 6 zincs on the keel, 3 per side which last 6-8 months each. The zinc on the bowthruster lasts upto 6 months.
Launched in 2001. Rudder is oil-filled. Custom SS propeller is mounted on a 1 ¾” shaft, custom designed by a propeller engineer to ensure that no copper is in the material to interfere with the aluminum hull.
Portside stern quarter has 2 propane vents.
Portside hull by the keel has 50-86 plate to cover all 3 tanks; pinholes can be discovered by dripping into the galley sink.
Owners personal items, heirloom clock and barometer excluded.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from United Yacht Sales California / Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico
San Carlos, Mexico
480 Motor Yacht
San Carlos, Mexico
Las Playitas, Mexico
Guaymas, SONORA, Mexico
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico