2000 Outbound 44
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Wilson, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 285,000
- Sale Pending
Who says cruising boats have to be heavy and slow? Carl Schumacher certainly doesn’t. The outbound 44 may look like a tank with its oversized hardware and serious good looks but there is more than meets the eye. The 44 has a surprisingly slippery underbody and a waterline length that will scrub off miles. The design boasts an internally ballasted fin keel with a bolt on bulb and a semi balanced rudder which utilizes the strength and tracking ability of a skeg with the added performance of a balanced blade. It’s a perfect marriage of old school building with new school design. This particular 44 was built with a 6’ draft and in mast furling (mast extrusion has luff track); two features that make her an ideal couples cruisers for the Bahamas and beyond. This 44 is loaded with spares and is absolutely ready to go south now. Please contact us today to receive additional equipment and spares list. Highly Recommended.
Priced below Market. Please call today to schedule your appointment. This boat will not last.
- Shoal Draft 5' 6"
- New Awlgrip on hull with gold cove stripe 2019
- New Standing Rigging 2019
- New Sails 2018
- Updated plumbing and fixtures 2019
We sell the boats that allow you to effortlessly connect your passion for yachting to the sea, bringing your world one step closer to perfection. To learn more about this pre-owned Outbound 44 or any of our centrally listed boats, please CALL/TEXT: FORBES HORTON 443-254-2337 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact C. Forbes Horton CPYB at 443 254 2337
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 44 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 42 ft 1 in
Displacement: 28000 lbs
Ballast: 10000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 0 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH2M-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3800
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 90 (2 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 60 (2 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 33
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
The interior includes a double off-set berth forward with ensuite head and separate stall shower, large U-shaped dinette with settee opposite (designed to be used alternatively as sea berths), U shaped Galley with Corian counters 2" fiddles, and Force 10 stove. Aft of the galley is a forward facing chart table and inside access to the gear lazarette and tool storage. To starboard of the companionway is the aft head with large stall shower (that doubles as a great wet locker when underway) and large double quarter cabin aft. The interior wood is African Cherry and the floors are teak and holly. All hatches have screens and the port lights have curtains or peek-a-boo privacy slides. When at dockside, the Marine Air Conditioning adds comfort in the hot weather for all the cabins.
- T-Shaped with 6' seats for sleeping outside or entertaining.
- Cockpit seats are ergonomically designed for maximum comfort both at the dock or sailing off-shore.
- Quick-dry foam cushions provide additional seating comfort.
- Large lazarette to port which can be accessed from the cockpit or the cabin.
- Only 4 "wide" steps (pet / people friendly) make the companionway easy and safe access to and from the cockpit.
- Dedicated life raft stowage under the helm seat for easy deployment by the smallest crew member.
- A large locker to starboard will accommodate volumes of gear or provide a secure storage space for your outboard when you are away from the boat.
- Propane locker to port has two 20# bottles.
- Four pad-eyes for securing a safety harness.
- Dodger and Bimini offer great protection from the sun. At anchor, the screen mesh enclosures add additional sun protection, and the plexiglass enclosures add warmth in the Northern latitudes. 2017
- Solar panel / wind generator / radar poles and platform assembly (slightly aft of the helm) offer additional sun protection to the helm station.
- Outboard motor bracket mounts and lifting davit (with tackle).
- New 9.9 Tohatsu Outboard 2017.
- A fishing rod holder and rail space for a grill insures great meals at anchor.
- Force 10 3-burner stove with thermostatically controlled oven, stainless stove bar with harness attachments
- 10 cubic feet refrigeration box
- The refrigerator / freezer, with dual sliding plexiglass trays, is easily accessed.
- Dual compressors (refrigerator and freezer) offer redundancy to the refrigeration system.
- 10 inch deep stainless steel sink
- Dedicated USCG approved propane locker in cockpit containing 2 large tanks
- Green Corian counters, 2" fiddles
- Fresh and salt water foot pumps
- Charcoal filter serves potable pressure water system
- 6 drawers, slide out garbage bin, roll-top microwave locker
- Dedicated food pantry, dish storage rack / hammock hanger located above the sink.
- Cabinetry includes spice rack, dish rack, cup and tray storage.
- 160 gallons of water, along with a water, maker provides great independence at anchor and underway.
Electronics At the Nav station
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch / E Chart Plotter / Radar Screen,
- Standard Horizon VHF with AIS (receive only) feature,
- ICOM 802 SSB,
- Raymarine Multi,
- Link 10 monitor and Inverter Controls,
- Computer Connection Cable for GPS,
- Switch for spare (stern mounted) VHF antenna.
- 12 /110 volt charger plugs.
- Iridium Docking station with a permanent external antenna.
Electronics at the Helm
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch / E Series Color Chart Plotter and Radar Screen,
- Raymarine 6000 Autopilot Control,
- VHF Ram Mike
- Wind, Depth and Speed ST70 at companionway.
- AIS Transmit and Receive 2017
- Bow Thruster Control
- Marine Air Conditioning (two systems / three fan units).
- Wabasco Heater
- 12 Volt systems throughout with 110 GFI plugs in each cabin, workroom lazzerette and heads.
- All wiring is Ancor tinned copper for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Heart Interface Inverter/Charger
- Galvanic Isolator,
- Link 10 battery monitor,
- 3 8D batteries (late 2016) in house bank (600 amp hours plus),
- 1 group 27 engine cranking battery,
- 100 amp output alternator.
- Balmar regulator control for maximum efficiency charge efficiency.
- Alternator includes temperature sensors for both the alternator and the battery bank.
- 100 square feet of copper SSB ground plane molded into the hull.
- Three 75 watt solar panels and a D-400 Wind Generator supplement the engine out-put for battery maintenance (recharging).
- Hot water heater is fitted with a dual heating element (12 /110 volts) - the 12 volt element serves as the "heat-sink" for the solar output (when battery state is at full charge).
- Electronic and manual combiner switches for the battery banks.
- Most interior lights and anchor light features LED bulbs.
- Lazarette is prepared with a bed / space allocation for the installation of a generator.
- Electrical panel is set-up with the required switching for a future generator.
- Courtesy night lights provide floor lighting for greater safety at sea, or at anchor.
- There are shore power connections both fore and aft. The service is 110 volts / 50 amps.
- 12 volt / 11GPH Village Marine Water-maker.
- New water pump and cooling lines (2018)
- Plasma TV (2018)
- Stereo System (2018)
Engine Yanmar 75 HP FWC Turbo Diesel
- 3,800 Engine Hours (+/-).
- New Custom Exhaust (2014)
- Unmatched engine access under the hinged companionway with lift out side panels on both sides (providing for three-sided access).
- Excellent space for all other machinery under the cockpit and engine / support systems are easily maintained, with the large lazarette hatch open for light and ventilation.
- There is a substantial spare parts inventory on-board to include: a spare starter, fuel pump, water pump, water pump impellers, alternator, thermostat, macerator pump, potable water pump, head assembly, water maker service kit, kit and numerous other "parts and pieces".
Deck and Safety Features
- Solid FRP construction.
- Watertight bulkhead forward (with valve / drain leading to bilge).
- Excellent sailing performance.
- Ergonomic cockpit design.
- There are spreader / deck lights in addition to the required running lights.
- The mast is equipped with an LED anchor light and tri-color.
- Ground tackle includes a Rocna, and a Fortress Danforth #35 (on the stern).
- Easy 4 step companionway ("people and pet friendly")
- Foredeck bulwark.
- Baltex cored deck with molded nonskid.
- Molded dodger coaming,
- Wide side decks,
- Walk through transom,
- Large aft lazarette,
- Huge forward sail locker.
- Massive stowage throughout to keep the decks and cabins clear.
- Easy access to chain and anchor locker and the three hundred feet of 5/16" chain and 200' of 3/4" rode.
- Sampson post immediately aft of the Lewmar electric windless for securing lines (in addition to the standard forward bow cleats).
- 30" high 1.25" diameter stainless steel stanchions, bow and stern pulpits.
- Plexi-glass storm boards.
- Jack lines.
- Boom preventer lines.
- USCG safety package.
- Life jackets for six on-board.
- There is an Avon 9'-6" dinghy
- 2015 8hp Mercury 2 Stroke Motor for dinghy
- Easily driven lines by Carl Schumacher, NA
- Solid fiberglass construction.
- Vinyl-ester resin on outer layers.
- Single piece keel/hull lamination.
- 10,000 lbs of internal lead ballast.
- Shoal draft.
- Semi-balanced rudder and partial skeg.
- Three blade folding "Auto-prop".
- Awl grip paint on topsides 2019
Sails and Rigging
- There are running back stays.
- Removable inner solent head stay with hank-on sail.
- Furlex roller furling headstay.
- 140 genoa Mck sails 2018.
- 180 A-Symmetrical with sock.
- New mainsail Mack Sails(2018)
- The main mast is a Selden rig with In-Mast Furling
- All winches are Lewmar.
- The main sheet winch is electric.
- Spare winch Handles.
- A mast mounted whisker pole is included.
- I: 57.33 ft
J : 17.50 ft
P : 53.75 ft
E : 20.00 ft
- Working Sail Area : 1083.00 sq ft
- Mast stepped in 2015 and all rigging inspected and replaced as required.
Most Sanitation hoses replaced 2019
Macerater hoses replaced 2019
Sink faucets and foot pump fixtures replaced 2019
All new reading lights 2019
Bow thruster removed and re-furnished 2019
Most running rigging 2019
All standing rigging 2019
New main and Genoa Mack Sails 2019
3 new 225ah Odyssey batteries 2019
New Awlgrip paint 2019
1 New Raritan head 2019
New suede wheel cover with closed-cell foam 2019
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Forbes Horton Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States