2000 Island Packet 350
- View Full Specifications
Katydid (a 10)! Ready to Go
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 137,900
The Island Packet 350 is the culmination of Island Packet’s mid-thirty designs continuing to refine IP’s hallmark hull, rudder and keel configuration as well as the cutter rig; but, adds a swim platform, athwartship aft cabin, improved sail handling equipment including the Hoyt Staysail Boom, and even replaces the earlier used teak handrails and other teak trim with easier to maintain stainless. Katydid also has a new Fibreglass Waste Tank and Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Conditioning. The 350 is one of IP’s best sailing models and you can see and feel that in this safe, comfortable, and luxurious yacht. She handles and performs extremely well. Katydid is one of the best 350s I have seen. All manuals are onboard.
With a lifetime of boating, fishing, waterskiing, cruising and racing experience and 25 years of selling all kinds of power and sail boats, I will guide you effortlessly through the purchase process from the showings, to the offers, through the counters, survey, acceptance and settlement. I can make your boat buying experience easy and fun, and guarantee that you will get the boat best suited for your needs, plans and monies. And, I will be there after the sale to help you with every aspect of your boating experience.
Please, don't forget, I am always looking for good, quality sail and power boat listings. With real Yacht World Sold Boat comparables, a quarter century of marketing and sales experience, as well as a standing list of Buyers I have the selling know-how to move your boat in this tough economy with a simple goal of getting you the most monies in the shortest time. Call me to discuss your current boat and how we can maximize its sale.
Please contact Jim Elliott at (410) 708-4422
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 10 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 29 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs
Ballast: 7500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 48 ft 4 in
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 3JH3E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3400
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Walkthru & Accommodations
The Forward Cabin has a Pullman berth on the Starboard side with a hanging locker, bureau and dressing seat to port. There is additional storage under the berth and shelves on both hull sides. Also, there is plenty of dressing room and a private entrance to the head. Three opening ports and a large opening hatch provide excellent ventilation.
The large Head is to starboard aft of the forward cabin with entrances from both the saloon and the forward cabin. It is comfortable with good counter space, a commode (with a teak drop-down shower seat), sink, shower as well as an opening port and hatch plus excellent storage. The shower's grey water is pumped overboard.
The Main Saloon follows aft with facing settees, a table that unfolds to serve both settees and then folds up to store on the forward bulkhead when not in use creating a very large, open living space. The starboard settee pulls out making a true, comfy double berth. There are 4 opening ports and a large opening hatch in the saloon. With the fuel, water, and waste tanks under the cabin sole, there is tremendous storage under and behind the settees. A large built-in chart drawer is under the starboard settee. All Hanging Lockers are cedar-lined. A removable, custom ottoman with lots of internal storage provides flexible seating/lounging in the saloon.
The aft facing Nav Station is at the end of the saloon’s port settee with a nice sized desk with the electrical panel above. There is a small drawer for nav tools. The VHF, SSB, stereo, GPS and Nav Repeater are all within easy reach along the hull side as well as a fuel/water gauge, clock and barometer. The batteries are installed under the Nav Seat with additional switches and breakers easily accessible.
The “U” shaped Galley is on starboard behind the saloon with double sink, 2 burner propane stove and oven, large ice box and plenty of work room and storage including 2 drawers under the refrig, clever dinnerware storage above and a real pull out trash can. An opening port and hatch keeps the galley cool`.
Across from the galley on port and separated by the companionway is the Aft Cabin entrance. It has a big comfortable athwartship doubleberth, large dressing area with a bureau and hanging locker. Two opening ports and an opening hatch make the cabin comfortable.
The easily transversed Companionway separates the galley from the aft cabin.
The full accessed engine room is located underneath the companionway making engine work comfortable and easy.
The Cockpit is large and long enough for great sailing and is the best place to stretch out and nap or entertain 6 to 8 family and friends. There are stern rail seats on either side of the helm. Twin backstays, boarding ladder, and swim platform make this cockpit extremely functional.
- Cruisair 16,000 BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air
- 15 Opening Ports and Hatches for Tremendous Ventillation
- Ultraleather Cushions in Saloon
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water
- Additional Cold Water Hand Pump At Galley
- Cockpit Shower
- Non-Skid Sole in Galley and at foot of Companionway plus head with teak and Holly elsewhere.
- Screens for all ports
- Peek-A-Boo Shades on All Opening Cabin Ports
- Glebe Creek Hatch Screens
- Glebe Creek companionway Cafe Doors with Glass/Screen Inserts
- VacuFlush Commode with full rebuild kits
- Waste Tank Replaced with Fiberglass Tank
- 2-Burner, Gimbaled propane stove and oven with security bar for offshore strap in. There are 2 10# Aluminum Propane Tanks with new solenoid, hoses and regulator '13.
- Frigoboat Keel Cooled 12 Volt Refrigeration with electric drain pump
- Complete Set of Quality Dinner and Cookware
Electronics & Navigation
- ICOM-M710 SSB at Nav Station w/counterpoise, automatic antenna tuner, insulated backstay antenna & dedicated hull grounding plate. (Ready to interface w/Weather Fax or Pactor Modem)
- Furuno 36 Mile Radar w/Questas Gimbal Backstay Mount
- Garmin 546 Chartplotter at Helm w/SD Card for US East Coast, Bahamas. (All Tracts Chesapeake to Bahamas saved for future use)
- Garmin 176C Chart Plotter at Nav Station w/AA Battery Backup.
- Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF w/built in AIS Receiver at Helm interfaced w/Garmin 546 for AIS overlay on plotter. Separate back up antenna mounted on radome, DSC.
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF at Nav Station w/DSC
- B&G Wind, Knot, Depth, Autopilot at Helm and Repeater at Nav Station. (Anemometer Bearing at Mast Head 2012)
- Autohelm ST6000 Electric Ram Mounted Below Deck
- Alpine Stereo CD w/6 speakers, (On/Off Controls for Cockpit Speakers)
- IPad Bracket at Helm
- LED Anchor, Bow & Stern Lights
- TV Antenna
- Battery Phone Charger at Helm
Electrical Systems and Equipment
The Island Packet 350 is equipped with both 12 Volt Ship's and 2 - 30 amp 120 Volt Shorepower Systems. One of the 120 Volt systems is dedicated to the Reverse Cycle Central Heating/Air Conditioning system.
- Equipped with an upgraded version of Island Packet's Cruising Electrical Upgrade that includes 5 group 31 AGM House Batteries and a single group 31 AGM Starting Battery. There is the standard Island Packet crossover momentary switch on the cockpit engine panel to start the engine off the house bank. A Lockout Key is installed that combines the engine and house batteries as one power source. The Package also includes a 110 amp Balmar High Output Alternator ('12) regulated by a 3 Stage Balmar Regulator ('12) and a 30 amp Battery Charger for the AGM Batteries.
- Amp and Volt Meters on 12 Volt Electrical Panel
- 2 - 12 volt Outlets
- 2 - 50' 30 amp Shorepower Cable
- 6 - GFI Receptacles
- 3 - 12 Volt Fans
- Chromed Reading Lamps
- Courtesy Entry Lights at Companionway, Nav Station and Battery Switch
- Trimix Battery Meter at Nav Station
Sails and Sail Handling Equipment
The IP 350 has a modern, high aspect, masthead, cutter rig with a keel stepped mast, twin backstays. All sails are Sobstad. Full Battened Mainsail w/2 Reefing Points handled by a Dutchman Flaking System. All Running Rigging Lines led aft to Cockpit.
- The Genoa and Staysail are on Harken Furlers
- Staysail is on a Hoyt Self-Tacking Boom
- Upgraded Lewmar Winches: 44ST Primaries, 40ST Mainsail, 16ST Staysail
- 3 Winch Handles
- Spare Mainsail Halyard
- Boom Vang
- Whisker Pole
- Equipped for Cruising Spinnaker
- Coach Roof Mounted Traveller
- Mainsail Cover w/IP Logo
- Bosuns Chiar
The 350 is driven by a Yanmar 3JH3E, 3 Cylinder, self aspirated, Fresh Water Cooled, 40HP Diesel. Island Packet Engine Panel in Cockpit.
- Electric Automatic & Manual Bilge Pump
- Mechanical Bilge Pump
- Raw Water Anchor Washdown at Bow Sprit
- Dripless Shaft Seal (2011)
- 3 Blade Fixed Prop
- Whitlock Rack and Pinion Steering
- Vacu Flush Fresh Water Toilet (2011) with Complete Rebuild Kits Onboard.
- NEW 30 Gallon Fiberglass Holding Tank
- Waste System with "Y" Valve directing waste Overboard or to Holding Tank
- Oil Change Pump
- Complete Engine and Equipment Manuals
- Many Spare Parts
Deck and Equipment
The Island Packet 350 has a solid glass hull and synthetically cored deck. Her bowsprit is molded with the hull as well as her stern swim platform. Her non-skid and bulwharks make for safe movement fore and aft and her cockpit is shaped for comfort and functionality. She has a deep, divided Anchor Locker and a sealed and overboard drained Propane Locker w/full saftey features.
- 2 - 10# Aluminum Propane Tanks w/new regulator, hoses & solenoid '13
- Bowsprit w/2 anchor davits and chain protectors
- Lofrans Tigress Vertical Windlass w/Foot Controls Forward & Hand Controls at Helm.
- Rocna 25 Anchor w/100' Chain
- 25# Bruce w/30' Chain & 150' 3-Strand Nylon Rode w/Snubber
- Garhauer Out Board MOB w/6:1 Lift
- Kato Dinghy Davits w/Stabilizing Straps
- Dodger w/Side and Aft Handrails & Removable Eisenglass Front Panel
- Bimini and Connecting Panel each w/Sighting Windows
- Canvas By Vicki Full Enclosure
- Canvas By Vicki Cockpit Sun Screens
- Stern Rail Seats
- Cockpit Cushions (Closed Cell)
- 3 Stainless Dorades w/SS Protectors providing great handholds
- Full Canvas Winter Cover
- Cloth Mainsail, Binnacle, Hatch & Winch Covers
- Cockpit Table & Drink Holder
- 5 Fenders, 8 Dock Lines & Boat Hook
- Filtration System for Dockside Water
- 3 - 5 Gallon Spare Fuel Containers
- 3 - 5 Gallon Spare Water containers
- SS Flagpole w/Stern Mount
- Booster Seat for Helm
- SS Lifelines with Pelican Hooks and Bow/Stern Gates
- Beautiful Semco Finished Teak
- USCG Safety Package
- ACR Satellite 4 EPIRB 2012
- First Aid Kit
- Jack Lines in both Cockpit and along both Side Decks
- Lifesling on Stern Pulpit
- Horseshoe on Stern Pulpit
- Island Packet Emergency Tiller
- MOB Function on GPS at Helm
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Baltimore, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States