2000 Catalina 42 MkII
- View Full Specifications
Rare 3 Cabin
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Galesville, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 99,000
Golden Wind is a 3-cabin version of this very popular Catalina 42, Mark II cruiser. Her build is robust and her design lends itself well to passage making as easily as it does to dockside living. She is a pleasure to sail thanks to her fin keel and positively roached mainsail. GOLDEN WIND has seen significant upgrades during her current owners' 11-year tenure and awaits your inspection.
- New Standing Rigging (2016)
- New Running Rigging (2016)
- New batteries (2016/2017)
- Adler Barbour refrigeration (2012)
- New Main and 140% Genoa (2011)
- Asymmetric Spinnaker, staysail
- Both heads converted to electric freshwater
- New cockpit cushions, dodger, bimini, connecting canvas (2010)
- Engine has been professionally serviced each year and runs well
- New Raymarine EV-200 Autopilot (2019)
- Garmin 10” Chartplotter (2013)
- Flexofold prop (2011)
Since her delivery new from the factory, her owner's have maintained her equipment in good working order, under the watchful eye of professional management, ready to sail on short notice. She is capable and prepared to take you for a sail across the Chesapeake Bay, a trip to New England and Maine, and adventures in the Caribbean.
Forbes Horton Yachts is a contributing MLS brokerage firm and is happy to co-broke central listings on a 50:50 basis with other contributing firms. Call for details.
Please contact C. Forbes Horton CPYB at 410 268 2337
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
GOLDEN WIND II
Designer: Catalina Yachts Design
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 8 in
Displacement: 20500 lbs
Ballast: 8300 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 8 in
Dry Weight: 20500 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2000
Engine Model: 4JH3E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (115 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (38 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 7
Number of heads: 2
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Catalina 42 has earned an international reputation as the leader in her class. By leading in design, cruising performance, and comfort, the Catalina 42 has become the first choice of sailors worldwide. The hull of the 42 MkII is high volume, and easily driven, with a fine entry, firm midship section, and smooth run aft terminating in a modified reverse transom with an uncommonly spacious and functional boarding platform. A long, horizontal skeg runs aft between the fin or wing keel and the rudder for sure tracking. The rudder is large and balanced, ensuring control in all conditions. The Catalina 42 MkII deck was designed with shorthanded sailing in mind. All the halyards, the mainsheet and the single line main reefing controls are led to the cockpit, and placed to be operated from under the dodger when necessary. The wide weather decks and inboard shroud base make passage forward easy and secure. The bow roller and below deck electric windlass greatly simplify anchor handling. Both the two and three cabin arrangements feature varnished teak joinery and ash side paneling on the hull. Excellent light and ventilation are provided naturally from aluminum-framed opening hatches and ports. Numerous recessed halogen lights offer an inviting ambiance.
This thoughtful layout offers great flexibility in accommodating owners and guests.
The master stateroom is luxurious: a large pullman berth, hanging lockers and drawers, a large vanity and head, plus a separate spacious shower stall in the forepeak.
The stern has two cabins, divided along the centerline of the boat. Each has a hanging locker and space to stand up. Ventilation made possible by two hatches, one large, one small.
The main salon table lowers and joins with the seating to convert to a large, circular queen berth--ideal for guests who like to enjoy the large, open spaces of the main salon.
Galley and Domestic Systems
Technautics Refrigeration. Powered by the Yanmar diesel, this compressor will quickly chill food to the zero degree level. And it will not draw down a single amp from the boat's battery bank. Three burners and a oven offer ample space for cooking different foods at the same time.
Three halogen lights recessed in the ceiling offer ample light on the counters and food preparation is possible even after sundown.
Double stainless steel sink.
Storage available in a stack of drawers plus the island seat has two large, tall drawers.
- 12V DC Refrigeration
- Electric heads with FWF
Sail Canvas and Rigging
- New Standing Rigging and chainplates (2016)
- New Schaeffer roller furler (2016)
- New Running Rigging 2016
- Mainsail replaced 2011, 8.3 oz dacron, full battens, 3 reef points
- 140% Genoa 7.5 oz. dacron 2011 (both sails from National Sail Supply)
- Asymmetric Spinnaker with Sock
- Storm jib (2009)
- I : 53.00 ft
- J : 16.42 ft
- P : 46.75 ft
- E : 15.50 ft
- Working Sail Area : 797.00 sq ft
- 40# Claw Anchor
- 200' Chain
- Fortress Anchor
Mechanical & Electrical Systems
- 12V & 110V Ship's Service Panels at Nav Station
- Dual 30A Shore Service
- Shore power inlet
- 3 - 4D Batteries with Battery Switch (2016/17)
- Smart Battery Charger
- 30A Shore Power Cord
- Bilge pump
- Engine professionally serviced and maintained annually
- Windlass motor replaced (2008)
- Flexofold 3-blade prop (2011)
- New House and Starter Batteries (2016/2017)
- Adler Barbour Super Cold Machine 12V refrigerator/freezer
- Technautics engine driven refrigeration
- Garmin 4210 10” chartplotter
- Raymarine EV-200 Autopilot with P70s control head (2019)
- Raymarine ST60+ speed, depth, wind
- Uniden UM380 VHF
- Mobri 4” radar reflector
- Peak 1200 Watt Inverter
- Sony AF/FM/Digital Media Player
- Jabsco Electric Flush toilets (fore and aft), fresh water valving
- Zodiac 6 person life raft
- Bottom Paint October 2018
- 40# Plow anchor with 200’ of chain, spare Fortress anchor
- New cockpit cushions, dodger, bimini, connecting canvas (2010)
- Annual maintenance/service/replacements professionally performed as needed
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy