1999 Sabre 452
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Scituate, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 245,500
Passage is a fully featured Sabre 452 in great condition. She is well cared for and is ready for offshore sailing. Currently out of the water and covered in her winter berth area, she will be ready to go this coming spring 2021.
Outfitted for long distance cruising, in addition to the multitude of superb attributes possessed by all Sabre 452's, she has additionally, a 5kW generator, 2500 watt Inverter, LINK 2000 system, Sea Recovery 300 gallon per day Watermaker, electric winches, Staysail on furler, electric furling genoa, Leisure furl boom all for great ease of handling for those older, less nimble or vertically capable owners.
She also has the benefit of an owner who could make her better, and whose care is evident. She has never been left for dead. To the contrary, she has always been cared for carefully and with devoted hands.
The owners shop is immediately adjacent to the boat, thus providing her with all sorts of options for maintenance and upgrades, that unfortunately, many boats are severly and dangerously lacking.
In wonderful shape for her age, and superbly equipped, she is bargain priced compared with many and is for sale only due to owners change in plans.
Contact Dana Davidson at 401-965-1684.
Please contact Dana Davidson at 4019651684
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Sabre Design Team - Jim Taylor Yacht Designs
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 45 ft 2 in
Beam: 14 ft 1 in
LWL: 38 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 26900 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 10700 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 26900 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar 4JH3-TBE
Year Built: 1999
Engine Model: Yanmar 4JH3-TBE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3000
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (45 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Depthsounder - Raymarine
Log-speedometer - Raymarine
Wind speed and direction - Raymarine
Plotter - Raymarine Touch screen
Autopilot - Raymarine
VHF - Icom
Radar - Raymarine hybratouch
Computer - Raymarine
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Air conditioning - Two units 12k BTU
Heating - Esbar heat rebuilt 2015
Hot water - 6 gallon hot water tank
Fresh water maker
Sea water pump
Electric head - both heads are Sealand vacuflush, rebuilt
Refrigerator - Seafrost
Shore power inlet - 125
Solar panel - 18 amps total on Bimini
Cockpit table - Folding cockpit table with extension
Outboard engine brackets - Edson bracket
Davits - Dwyer designs for 10' dinghy
MASTER CABIN: Owner’s cabin forward with large overhead hatch, dressing seat, two large cedar-lined hanging lockers, starboard bureaus with locker storage above.
FORWARD HEAD: The ensuite head is aft with separate shower stall, Corian countertops, louvered locker storage and VacuFlush toilet.
MAIN SALON: The main salon is spacious with U-shaped settee and dining table to port and settee to starboard. Custom table design on starboard settee to allow for table insert. Dining table slides on two custom tracks allowing for bed support to be installed creating additional double berth. Upholstery is Dark Green Ultra-suede. Cavernous Storage below and behind seating, as well as in lockers. Liquor or Wine cabinet forward and to starboard
Overall there is a great use of natural light via overhead hatch, opening ports, coachroof portlights and cherry-trimmed white headliner.
GALLEY: Aft to port is the L-shaped galley with large refrigeration capacity great countertops for preparing gourmet meals and plentiful locker storage.
Galley Features Include:
- Corian countertops with twin stainless steel sinks
- Force 10 Three burner propane stove with oven
- Microwave oven powered by inverter or shore power
- double icebox with top-opening lids and front door - Sea Frost Refrigeration system with holding plates
- Drawer and locker storage
- Foot pumps for back-up water operation
NAVIGATION AREA: To starboard is a outboard facing navigation station with opening chart table and three drawers.
AFT HEAD AND AFT CABIN: Aft of the Nav Station is the aft head, with doors to both the main cabin and to the aft cabin. Aft and to starboard is a double-berth guest cabin with 6’-8” long berth. Hi Lo boy cabinets, hanging locker, access to engine space, multiple opening ports. Lighting, Ventilation via opening ports. Custom berth divider made of 1 by cherry, varnished, to allow for extra baggage, supplies, etc. to be stored inboard.
- Two-stateroom layout with owner’s suite forward
- Two heads, forward head has separate stall shower.
- 6'-6" headroom in main and aft cabins, 6'-4" in forward cabin
- Varnished American red cherry interior
- Varnished cabin sole
- Ultrasuede upholstery Dark green cushions
- Corian counters in galley and heads
- Aft cabin to starboard and aft 6'-8" long full-width double and custom lee board allowing guest to store extra gear inboard and still sleep
- Locking main salon floorboards
- Accord privacy shades for all ports, screens for deck hatches
Passage has a comprehensive electrical system, in part due to her current and previous owners numerous upgrades and add-ons, and partly due to her complete in build program when new.
GENERATOR: She has a large Westerbeke Generator in its own soundshield, 800 hours.
INVERTER and CHARGER: Heart Interface inverter charger, 2500 watt capacity. Xantrex Link 2000-R Controller to manage inverter and charging functions.
SHORE POWER SERVICE: She has also a 125V/250V shore power service.
12 V CHARGING: Her charging of house bank batteries while underway is accomplished by a large Balmar Alternator. This is remote mounted on a frame in the engine space with a double belt pulley system for maximum power. The generator and engine batteries are charged by a 55 amp Hitachi Alternator on the engine. Note photos for information.
AIR CONDITIONING: Her air conditioning is comprised of two seperate units, one being a 16,000 BTU system for the main salon and aft cabin, and a 9,000 BTU system for the forward stateroom. There is a reverse cycle feature to this to provide heat.
HEAT: Esbar Heating for all cabins.
BATTERIES: Three 8-D house bank batteries split into two banks: one with two batteries, 260 ah X 2 thus 520 ah, and one with one, 230ah. New 2019.
Engine starting batteries, group 27
LIGHTING: LED Lighting
- Bass brand Master AC and DC panels with volt and amp meters
- Lewmar electric winches
- 3500gph Bilge Pump
- Raymarine E125 GPS/radar plotter at helm (2013)
- AIS and Sirius Wx (2013)
- Raymarine ST2 90 package:
(2) Data displays and analog wind display over companionway
Remote keypad, autopilot keypad, data display at helm
Graphic display at nav station
- Raydome on mast
- Raymarine ST7001+ autopilot with control in cockpit coaming
- Autopilot remote control
- Autopilot interfaced with ST2 90 data processing unit
- Horizon Intrepid VHF radio at nav station
- RAM full function VHF mic at helm
- VHF interfaced with GPS for Mayday function
- C.A.R.D installed at nav station
- Laptop computer hook-up at nav station with Raytech software
- Cell phone hands-free setup at nav with amplified antenna
- Ritchie 6" compass in pedestal
- Navigation lights
- Tri-color masthead light
- Steaming light
- Yanmar 75 HP 4JH3-TBE (3000 HRS)
- Water heater 125/250V located port side aft
- Sea Frost refrigerator/freezer. Runs at 125 V from inverter
- Vacu-flush toilet in both heads
- Lofrans electric windlass
- Westerbeke generator 7.6 kW generator 800 hours in sound shield
- Espar Heating system throughout yacht
- Air Conditioning system throughout vessel 16000 BTU and 9000 BTU. Has reverse cycle also
SAILS and RIGGING
Sails by Halsey Lidgard
Halsey Main, Hydranet fabric, in Leisure Furl boom furler; fully battened, new UV cover. Genoa, Halsey Hydranet, 130% on Profurl electric furling system. Doyle Staysail new in 2011, on roller furler, controllable from cockpit. Asymmetrical spinnaker with spinnaker sock for easy takedown. All sails serviced by Doyle Marblehead.
IJPE : 1028.58 sq ft
I : 59.58 ft
J : 17.58 ft
P : 52.58 ft
E : 19.17 ft
Working Sail Area : 1028.00 sq ft
Navtec Stainless steel rod rigging. Stalok terminals.
Backstay details, single rod Navtec hydraulic backstay with running backstays. Navtec backstay rebuilt 2015
Profurl Electric Roller furling headsail
Triple Spreader rig
Leisure furl boom.
Keel Type: Bulb
Ballast: 10850 lb
Total vessel Displacement: 27150 sq ft
Max Draft: 5.50 ft
- Resin infused Airex closed cell PVC foam cored, fiberglass of alternate layers of mat knitted biaxial roving.
- Internal deck to hull joint.
- Bulkheads, berth faces, shelves and floor stringers laminated to hull providing integral, structural strength
- Stainless steel, thru-bolted to chainplate bulkheads bonded to the hull. Grounded to the keel and mounted well inboard for optimum sheeting angles
- Step transom with ladder and extra handles
- Dark Green Awlgrip, 2019
Custom stainless steel deck stanchions, 30"
COCKPIT and COCKPIT EQUIPMENT
- T shaped cockpit
- Large stainless steel destroyer wheel
- Large storage locker to port beneath lazarette
- Cockpit locker to starboard providing access hatch to aft cabin
- Winch handle pockets in coamings
- Pods with GPS Radar and Max view screens on pedestal, also, cup holder on pedestal
- Two cockpit scuppers to sea valves
- Propane storage locker in port side deck
- Stainless steel boarding ladder with teak treads
- Nav Pod with depth, speed and wind
- Nav Pod with Raymarine E80 chartplotter/radar
- New Raymarine autopilot outboard to port
- Clarion stereo remote control to port
- speakers on forward face of helm seat
- Sunbrella Bimini and Dodger
- Cockpit shower
- Electric primary winches and halyard winch
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Sabre 452 has been thought out down to the smallest detail with safety, comfort, and confidence at the forefront of every design and engineering decision. Her design incorporates hundreds of innovative ideas and details, many gathered from discussions with some of Sabre's 2,000 boat owners.
Efficient and easy to understand plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems will minimize maintenance time and allow more sailing time. The Sabre 452 offers a two cabin layout, with the owner's stateroom with head and stall shower forward. This luxurious stateroom offers a large island double berth, many convenient drawers, and a large, cedar-lined hanging locker. Ventilation and light are superb. A full length mirror graces the bulkhead. The head counter surfaces are of Corian and the sole is ceramic tile. The standard head is a Vacuflush unit with matching ceramic sink. There's even a convenient laundry hamper. The standard interior of the Sabre 452 is built of American Cherry. The chart table has all the space needed for today's sophisticated electronics systems and ample space for paper charts and navigation tools. A full seven cubic feet of refrigerator space is accessible through two top lids and a front door. The front opening door even has recessed shelves, just like a domestic refrigerator. The microwave oven is powered by a standard 2500 Watt inverter. Dry storage volumes are spacious, with one cupboard big enough for a lobster pot. Many hatches and ports fill the cabin with light and fresh breezes. The area to port will seat six adults in comfort while the starboard settee offers a clever fold-down table for light meals, a drink, or a book. For convenience and security, Sabre provides a switch at the companionway which illuminates the courtesy lights and an overhead light at the chart table. A dimmer has been added to the overhead light circuit to add ambiance to this luxurious space, and behind all of the beautiful furnishings and bright ideas is an abundance of storage space.
Neither brokers nor owner offer warranty's of any kind. It is the buyers responsibility to hire competent marine surveyors to assess the fit and fitness of the vessel. All inventory is stated on the listing and any item not listed should be considered excluded from the inventory of the vessel.
Other Boats from Davidson Yachts
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
60 Schooner, Compleat rebuild
Chagaramas, Trinidad and Tobago
Reedville, VA, United States
45 Aft Cockpit
Barrington, RI, United States
Sudmen Meriten OY 65
Clarks Court, Grenada
Chaguaramas, Trinidad and Tobago