1999 Island Packet 380
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 155,000
Tamarak is a one-owner IP380, very clean, well maintained and ready to launch. Here is an opportunity to own a well equipped, blue water capable cutter rigged sailboat, at a fraction of the cost of new, with an owner motivated to sell.
The Island Packet 380 is a robust blue-water cruising vessel that will take you safely and comfortably anywhere. A well-designed vessel from renowned naval architect Bob Johnson. In addition to the offshore capabilities, the Island Packet 380 offers a bright airy salon, excellent headroom, a very spacious main stateroom, over-sized head, comfortable aft cabin and plenty of storage.
Salt Yacht Brokerage ... simply doing it right
Contact Connie@SaltYachts.com or call 610-247-1645
Please contact Connie Ranney at 610-247-1645
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 39 ft 7 in
Beam: 13 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 4 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1999
Engine Model: 4JH2E
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3448
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (170 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (85 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Tamarak, Island Packet 380
Tamarak is very clean, in great condition, continuously maintained with upgraded electronics, A/C and heat, large 55 lb Rocna anchor, Lofrans Windlass, Autoprop feathering prop, custom canvas with full enclosure, Kato Marine davits with Caribe RIB, and much more!
Below decks, the 380's open layout and spacious surroundings is impressive. A harmonious blend of practical cruising features and liveaboard comfort is throughout, giving the Island Packet 380 some of the best accommodations of any yacht in its size range.
This large, central living area is equally suited for social gatherings, off-watch retreats, or gourmet dining. The central hinged table with overhead lights may be either secured against the bulkhead mounted bottle and glass rack or easily lowered (and extended) to make a large dining area.
Unique to Tamarak is a removable Jambilan Plum wood coffee table/wall sculpture.
An exceptional amount of interior stowage is available in the salon and additional sleeping space is provided with the portside bunk pulling out to make a nice sized double. Beautiful cabinetry and joiner work in select teak, African Mahogany (Sapele) wood paneled hull in saloon and v-berth, well placed light fixtures and handrails, numerous opening ports, deck vents and hatches, and durable and easily maintained surfaces make this salon as attractive as it is practical.
- Custom teak hatch screens and door by Glebe Creek.
- Island Packet Yachts custom carpet (2017)
The forward owner's cabin is a delight with a large, centerline island berth with full access from both sides. The aft half of the berth, mounted on gas support struts, lifts to reveal a large "blanket chest". Drawers, storage bins and a generous hanging locker also provide additional storage space for personal gear and provisions. A dorade vent, opening ports and a large overhead hatch provide light and ventilation. A private door into the head further enhances this exceptional forward stateroom.
The roomy aft cabin boasts the large Pullman style athwartship bunk. A full length mirror, two opening ports, overhead hatch, large cedar-lined locker and bureau provide comfort and convenience.
Accessed from the owner's cabin or the main salon, this spacious head features a generous vanity with cabinet below a deep polished oval stainless steel sink, a large overhead hatch, opening port and several lockers for toiletry items. A fold-down teak shower seat and wrap-around countertop surrounds the head providing "captain's chair" seating and making the whole area very user friendly.
- Custom teak towel holders.
- Raritan Head rebuilt (2017)
The U-shaped galley, immediately to the starboard side of the companionway, is easily accessible to the cockpit and the main salon, and features numerous convenience details for the cruising sailor. A generous, wrap-around counter provides ample work space for food preparation while numerous drawers, lockers and laminate-lined cabinets offer abundant space for organized provisioning and kitchenware storage. Deep polished stainless steel sinks, overhead light and a slide out trash receptacle make for galley duties easy.
- A fold-up counter extension,
- Built-in dish rack and cutlery storage drawers
- 3 Burner Princes Propane Stove w/Oven
- Large in-counter Refrigerator & Freezer (Frigoboat refrigeration 2003)
- Full galley cookware
- Seagull drinking water filter
The cockpit has full length contoured seats with cockpit cushions that accommodate a large crew or invite stretching out. The helmsperson will enjoy excellent visibility from the raised seat with padded backrest. Other cockpit conveniences include a built-in insulated beverage locker, two large seat lockers with gas support struts for easy access, a hand held personal shower, deep swim ladder, two stern rail seats and a pedestal mounted folding table.
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit Stereo Speakers
- Glebe Creek Companionway Screen Door Set with Plastic Inserts
Cockpit seat cushions
- Custom stainless and color matched Navpod for Radar/Plotter/Autopilot mounted at Helm
- Solar Panels-2 Kyocera KD 140SX, 140 watts with Blue Sky booster controller
- Raymarine MFD E 125 Chart plotter (2014)
- Raymarine SR 50 Auto Pilot
- Raymarine RD418HD Radar
- Raymarine E70149 Tri-Data transducer and through hull for speed, temp, depth
- ICOM M59 VHF with cockpit command mike, flush mounted at nav station with long-range masthead antenna
- Additional VHF radio in cockpit with short-range antenna
- Sirius SR50 satellite radio and weather (2015)
- West Marine 4000 Bluetooth stereo/radio (2017)
- ICOM 700 PRO SSC Single Side Band (2015 sent to ICOM factory to open all frequencies) flush mounted at nav station with proper foil/screen ground system and insulated backstay
Electrical / Mechanical / Misc:
- Yanmar diesel
- Auto Prop, 3 blade self-feathering propeller
- Lifeline Group 27 house batteries (4), Group 27 Starter Battery (1) (2016
- LED masthead anchor light
- Tricolor masthead light
- Forespar lightening charge dissipater at masthead
- Link 1000 Energy Management Panel
- Heart interface 1500 Watt Inverter
- Balmar 100 Amp Dual output alternator with smart regulator
- Additional matching DC breaker panel mounted at nav station
- DC power ports (2) at nav station (for computers, etc)
- DC power port in cockpit (for spotlight, etc)
- Frigoboat refrigeration system (2003)
- Evaporator coil for refrigerator (2013)
- Temp switch/speed controller for refrigerator (2015)
- 17,000 BTU Marine Air reverse cycle heat/air-conditioning to all cabins
- 5 cabin fans
- SMARTPLUG shore power cord & receptacle
- 50' shore power chords
- High water bilge alarm, new Rule 2000 bilge pump (2015)
- LED running lights and most interior light fixtures
- USB jacks for charging (3)
Sails & Canvas:
In-mast furling main
Genoa (2017) with new sheets (2016)
Staysail (original, lightly used)
North Sails Bimini and Dodger & Connector with aft & 2 side grab handles, window covers, wheel cover (2013)
North Sails full cockpit enclosure (2015)
Starboard Anchor 55lb. ROCNA with 175ft. of G4 hi-tensile chain and additional 120' of 9/16 nylon rode, total 295'
Port Anchor FORTRESS with 40'-of 5/16, G4 hi-tensile chain with 120' of 9/16 nylon rode, total 160'
Anchor/Deck wash pump (2018)
Dinghy, Davits, and Life Raft:
2009 Caribe 9 ft RIB dinghy
1999 Mercury 9.5 HP outboard motor
Stainless outboard motor lift
Kato stainless steel Davits
4 person Viking Life Raft
3/8" stainless lifelines (2014)
Rigid Boom Vang (Forespar)
Numerous dock lines
Fender boards - 2x6x4' (2)
Portable side-gate boarding step
6 Type 1 offshore life jackets
Man Overboard Life Sling
Chrome dorade vents
3 Fire extinguishers
Extensive spare parts for engine and pumps
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Salt Yacht Brokerage Company
Rock Hall, MD, United States