1999 Farr 60 Pilothouse
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 299,000 Tax Paid (US$ 378,713)
A one of a kind yacht, the Farr 60 Pilothouse has an impressive fast hull for quick passages but in plenty of comfort. Not only does she have a hardtop and windscreen for the cockpit, below decks she has a luxurious raised saloon. SWEET CHARIOT has been continuously updated by her current and only owner. She is looking very smart with a brand new teak deck, fitted summer 2018. It is now time for someone else to take over SWEET CHARIOT's reigns…
Please contact Sophie Kemp at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bruce Farr & Associates
LOA: 60 ft 2 in
Beam: 17 ft 12 in
LWL: 52 ft 5 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 0 in
Displacement: 24500 kgs
Ballast: 8430 kgs
Total Power: 140 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4LH-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 140 HP
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
- The hull is of a single skin construction below the waterline and has a 20mm end grain balsa core in the topsides. It is made with GRP unidirectional DBL quadraxial and triaxial glass.
- The resins used are isophalic polyester.
- Internal grid which is pre-formed on a female mould and laminated to the hull using DBLT 850 quadraxial glass. This provides the stiffness throughout the yacht.
- Integral moulded keel stub on the bottom of the hull which the keel is bolted onto.
- Main bulkheads are all of mahogany marine plywood laminated to the hull and deck.
- Engine and generator beds are of GRP with steel inserts.
- The hull is finished in white jotun NGA gelcoat with blue cove line and boot top also in gelcoat.
- Hull: Jotun 2000 gelcoat.
- Trim and Water Lines: Jotun 2007 gelcoat.
Deck and Superstructure:
- Replaced 8mm teak side decks and coachroof (August 2018).
- Cockpit teak refurbished (August 2018).
- Deck is of a GRP sandwich construction with a Balsa core using unidirectional CSM with isophalic polyester resins.
- Teak toe rail.
- High density core inserts are placed in areas of high loading or where through bolting deck fittings.
- Four 35mm internal deck drains.
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel is lead with 4% antimony to provide resistance to impacts without cosmetic damage.
- Lead is bolted on to the keel stub which is an integral molded part of the hull, by 14 stainless steel 30mm bolts.
- The bulb has two wings to improve the stability and windward performance.
- The rudder is a blade made in two halves around an aluminium stock and filled with foam.
- The stock is supported by two self-aligning bearings.
- Steering system is a Whitlock Constellation range cable type.
- Quadrant is made from Duralumin with cables going to a Premiere Maxi pedestal.
- Wheel with centre rotary brake.
- Emergency tiller for the top of the rudder post.
Through Hull Fittings:
- Seacocks checked and lubricated (2016).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LH-HTE turbocharged 140hp 4-cyl engine with fresh water-cooling.
- Engine is suspended in four rubber mounts for effective vibration damping.
- Wet exhaust pipe with swan neck and effective rubber silencer.
- Sound insulated engine room.
- Engine is easily accessible for servicing through a hatch in the saloon floor.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 10,115 as of January 2020.
- Engine currently decommissioned, last in service June 2019.
- Cruising speed – approx 8 knots @ 2000rpm.
- Maximum speed – approx 9 knots @ 2200rpm.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 5.5 litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – approx 2,400nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Gori 3- bladed propeller with overdrive for 20% more efficiency.
- 40mm stainless steel propeller shaft and p-bracket.
- Aquadrive flexible coupling.
- Stern gland with water lubricated rudder bearing.
- Single lever engine control at the pedestal.
- Lewmar Commander 40 system with twin 24v DC electric pumps powering the winches, genoa furling, mainsail furling, staysail furling and anchor winch.
- All control for the system are on the steering pedestal and around the cockpit area.
- Change over switch for 220v shore, generator and invertor.
- 1 x Engine start battery (2018).
- 1 x Generator start battery (2018).
- 1 x Navigation instrument battery (2018).
- 4 x Service batteries (2018).
- All batteries gel deep cycle.
- Battery charger Mastervolt 75 amp (2018).
- Victron Skylla-I battery charger (2018).
- 12V DC alternator 50 amp (2018).
- 24V DC alternator 90 amp (2018).
- 12V DC alternator on generator (2018).
- Fischer Panda 12kW 220volt AC generator.
- Generator fuel system and Injectors serviced 2019.
- PTO driven hydraulic pump which backs up the Lewmar Commander system and operates the bowthruster.
- Generator currently winterised, last in commission June 2019.
- Shore power with outlets in all cabins and the heads.
- 25m shore power cable with Hubbel connector.
- Mastervolt 2500 watt invertor.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold water throughout the yacht using a 24v Jabsco heavy duty pump.
- 2 x Fresh water pumps (1 x as spare).
- 2 x 65 litre hot water calorifier.
- Sea Fresh watermaker.
- Membranes replaced 2016.
- Watermaker capacity: 20 gallons an hour.
- Twin electric bilge pumps to the two bilges below the engine.
- Engine driven bilge pump.
- One Whale Gusher 30 manual bilge pump for main bilge sump.
- Four fuel tanks, two each side.
- All tanks connected and fuel can be transferred via a fuel transfer system.
- 2 x Small day tanks which fuel runs through before going through a Racor fuel/water separator to the engine.
- Port and starboard tanks switchable, via solenoid valves.
- Separate gauges for port and starboard tanks.
- Fuel capacity approximately 1,700 litres.
- Tanks emptied and cleaned summer 2019.
- Fresh water system in two acid resistant tanks with inspection plates.
- One on the portside and one on the starboard side.
- Connected together with a valve system so that water can be drawn from each tank.
- Water capacity approximately 1,060 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Holding tanks in acid resistant stainless steel.
- Total holding capacity of 300 litres.
- 2 x 150 litre tanks.
- Raymarine Axiom Pro chartplotter (2018).
- Raymarine P70 Autopilot control (2018).
- Raymarine i70 Wind, Log and multi display above helm (2018).
- Garmin GPS.
- Illuminated compass.
- Four burner Alpes gas cooker with grill and oven.
- Microwave oven.
- Four separate fridge/freezer compartments all fitted with 24v air-cooled compressors enabling each one to be used as a fridge or freezer.
- Double stainless steel sinks.
- Wine cellar under galley floor.
- Gas check July 2018.
- Hot and cold shower at the swimming platform.
- Vacuum toilet system to all toilets.
- Fresh water flushing into two stainless steel holding tanks, one situated under the walkthrough to the aft cabin, and one under the sole in the forward starboard guest cabin.
- Two electric pumps for pumping out the holding tanks when at sea.
- All shower trays pumped directly overboard by separate electric pumps.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Dorade vents with stainless steel protect covers for both forward cabins and heads forward.
- Dorade vent into the forward sail locker/crew cabin.
- Lewmar polished aluminium skylights throughout, 11 in total.
- Opening skylights, dorade ventilators, ventilation in the companionway washboards and opening port lights to the cockpit.
- 8 x Opening port holes in the hull.
- 2 x Eberspacher D5L heaters. One fitted aft serving the aft cabin, heads aft, starboard aft cabin and saloon. One forward serving two forward guest cabins, forward heads and saloon.
- JVC radio/CD player in saloon.
- Hidden Samsung TV in saloon with video and DVD player.
- International approved navigation lights.
- Anchor light at the masthead.
- Deck flood light.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Large deck saloon tinted windows in the pilot house.
- The interior is finished in a light mahogany with a satin varnish.
- To save weight all the doors and non-structural woodwork where possible have a core of Balsa with mahogany veneer on the outside.
- Hull sides above berths are lined in mahogany.
- Sole boards are varnished teak and holly plywood. Saloon sole is cosmetically damaged.
- Removable hatches for the bilge and tank gauges.
- Headlining of white vinyl covered panels and mahogany strips.
- The saloon sofa 125mm cushion with raised forward edge made up from 75mm, 35kg/m3 polyester and topped with 50mm, 25kg/m2 foam. It is covered with a leather upholstery.
- Berths: sprung mattresses throughout.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Chain/deck locker right forward with access from the deck.
- Workshop with sail storage and pipecot so it can be used for crews quarters.
- Ample stowage for spare parts, tools etc.
- Two double cabins, one to port and one to starboard, both have en-suite heads.
- Three steps up to saloon in pilothouse with seating area to starboard and two armchairs to port all in brown chesterfield styled leather.
- Galley down one step from saloon in aft port corner.
- Two steps to starboard leading to aft cabin.
- Day heads in passageway.
- Opposite the day heads in the main switch panel and access to machinery space with generator and Hydraulic unit.
- Twin cabin on starboard side of passageway.
- Aft is the large master cabin with king size aft facing bed, en-suite heads featuring custom bath.
- Forward cabin/workshop with access from deck hatch via teak ladder.
- Starboard side is a pipe cot with stowage under for sails, spinnaker etc.
- Portside are lockers and workbench area.
- Bowthruster fitted in forward section under workbench with access from top.
- Ventilation via dorade vent.
- Finished in white painted surfaces of melamine finish where appropriate.
- Unvarnished teak laid floor.
- 220v AC outlet, adequate lighting.
- Door on portside of area through to head for portside guest cabin.
- Double guest cabin on portside with hanging locker and adequate stowage for personal items.
- Two large pull out drawers under berth.
- Sprung mattress.
- Blinds to skylights in both guest cabins.
- Starboard side - double extends with infill cushion to widen berth.
- Port side – Access through heads into forepeak.
- Three steps up to the saloon/pilot house area of the yacht.
- The floor level in the deck saloon is positioned to give good all round view when standing in the pilothouse.
- The deck saloon as a low aspect, designed to harmonise with the overall design of the yacht.
- Large l-shaped settee and table to starboard.
- Additional seating on the inboard side of the table from three folding director type chairs with specific stowage.
- Two custom arm chairs forward of the galley opposite the saloon seating.
- Easy access to the main engine from under the pilothouse floor.
- Saloon upholstery in brown leather.
- Grab rails by companionway and overhead.
- Halogen lighting overhead along with table top reading lights.
- Darlington custom glass cabinet.
- One step down to the separate galley which is on the port side aft in the pilothouse.
- All work surfaces are of Corian throughout.
- Plenty of storage space both in lockers high up, suitable for plates, glasses, cups etc. and low down for food storage and storage of heavier items.
- Beneath the galley floor is a designated wine cellar.
Walk through to aft cabin:
- Three steps down to walk through to aft cabin from saloon.
- Day heads on portside fitted with vacuum flush toilet into holding tank.
- Shower and separate wash basin.
- It is also ideally situated to be very close to the main companionway.
- Plenty of hooks for hanging oil skins, wet weather gear etc.
- Door from walk through into twin cabin with upper and lower berths.
- Stowage and large hanging locker.
- Ideal sea cabin.
- Door on starboard side to machinery room to enable access to generator, battery chargers, water maker, pumps etc.
- Door to aft cabin.
- Owners stateroom aft.
- King-size double berth on the centre line facing aft to allow a view when at anchor.
- Generous stowage throughout with two hanging lockers.
- Seat with small writing desk or vanity unit on the starboard side.
- Settee to port.
- En-suite heads compartment with separate bath, shower and wash hand basin.
- All finished in white and pink laminate.
- Mirror and hanging rails for towels.
- Vacuum flush toilet into aft holding tank.
- Shower curtains.
- Shower tray pumps directly overboard.
- Spacious cockpit aft of the deck saloon.
- Custom solid windscreen with wipers attached to a fixed bimini.
- Canvas sides fit around to create a pilot house.
- Teak layed cockpit seats and sole.
- Selden three spreader aluminum white painted mast.
- Selden hydraulic in mast furling system.
- Selden hydraulic furlex for both the genoa furling system and staysail furling system.
- Spinnaker pole permanently stowed on the mast.
- Navtec hydraulic panel in the cockpit to control; the backstay, vang and babystay.
- The wire genoa halyard, staysail halyard and mainsail halyard are pulled up with separate lines and then tensioned with Hasselfords manual backstay tensioners to avoid the clutter of rope at the mast.
- Forestay, cap shrouds, lowers and backstay, bottle screws from Navtec.
- Runners 1 x 19 wire with spectra tails.
- Genoa sheet tracks Lewmar with adjustable sheet cars for the cockpit.
- Tracks outboard for the genoa when reaching.
- Separate Lewmar tracks and cars for the staysail forward of the genoa tracks.
- IM: 24.25m.
- J: 7.4m.
- P: 21.45m.
- E: 8.070m.
- 2 x 77 Lewmar electric or hydraulic primary winches.
- 2 x 50 Lewmar electric mainsheet winch.
- 2 x 58 Lewmar electric or hydraulic hydraulic winches.
- Main In-mast: 82m2.
- Furling Genoa 135%: 120m2.
- Stay sail: 46m2.
- Sanders Vectran Mainsail (2011).
- UV strips on genoa and staysail replaced 2018.
- Pulpit and pushpit in acid resistant stainless steel.
- 8 pairs of stainless steel stanchions on stainless fittings bolted through the capping rail.
- Guard rails in stainless steel wire non plastic covered.
- Gates in guard rails port and starboard.
- Folding stainless steel bathing ladder fitted to the integral bathing platform.
- Stainless steel steps from the bathing platform to the deck aft.
- There is a large self-draining anchor locker forward with stainless steel rail for hooking on warps etc.
- The aft lazarette is self-draining with two access lids, one each side.
- The bottom of the lazarette has water tight hatches for access to the autopilot linear drives and the rudder quadrant.
- The flush lid of the lazarette locker lids have O-ring seal to make them effective dry deck lockers.
- All deck lockers can be locked with a winch handle.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- The stem head fitting is made from top quality stainless steel and incorporates twin bow rollers suitable for a Bruce anchor.
- Large mooring cleats at bow stern and two each side for the spring cleats.
- Stainless steel protection strips on the teak capping near the cleats to stop chafe from the mooring warps.
- Lewmar 2500 hydraulic anchor windlass.
- 60kg Bruce anchor.
- 30m Galvanised chain followed by 30m of stainless chain. 60m total.
- Fortress FX 85 Kedge anchor – On port side of transom secured in easy deployment system.
- Simpson Davits - individual motor for each davit with control in lazerette.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Blue cockpit cushions.
- Cream canvas sides for the solid bimini, cleaned 2020.
- Sunshade– bolt rope track on boom and attachment post on transom.
Tender & Outboard:
- 30hp Mercury outboard (2012). Refurbished 2019.
- 4m Avon RIB.
- Ocean Safety ORC 6 man valise liferaft (2016).
- Various recent extinguishers throughout.
- Fire blanket in galley.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Cowes, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Sao Miguel, Portugal