1999 Baltic 73 Pilothouse
- View Full Specifications
Judel Vrolijk & R&J Designs
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Viareggio (LU), Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 1,160,000 Tax Paid (US$ 1,411,024)
Stunning pilothouse Baltic from Judel Vrolijk & R&J Designs. Maintained regardless of cost and updated/refitted in recent seasons. A very special custom yacht at a very appealing price.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Designed for a European who wanted a pilothouse yacht, NEURATH (built as CANICA and later renamed BRAMORA) had to perform well under sail and at the same time be a very good load carrier – the sort of challenge Baltic Yachts relishes!
Through careful design and precise weight calculations combined with the use of high-tech composites Baltic were able to achieve a ballast ratio of about 40 per cent which meant the yacht had plenty of stability and achieved her aim of having an abundance of stowage space.
At 73ft NEURATH is a powerful, very long legged cruising yacht and demonstrates Baltic’s ability to build not just for performance, but specifically for efficient, fast passage-making.
Throughout all her ownerships, NEAURATH has benefitted from ‘open cheque-book’ maintenance and upgrade programmes
Since my purchase of NEURATH, every year the boat is lifted ashore for at least a month, in this period the state of the hull, bulb, rudder, propeller shaft and bowthruster are checked and any updates and servicing works carried. Following application of fresh antifouling, she is then relaunched. The engine and generator are serviced annually and in accordance with hours run with service records kept.
In the years that I have owned the the boat, she has always benefited from a professional crew who have carried out annual and extra maintenance works as required, to guarantee a high standard and slowing down the natural process of use.
The main goal with this project was to develop a high quality comfortable Pilot House cruising Yacht
but with a higher level of performance than normally found in this category of sailing yachts.
The only way to achieve the performance was to build the yacht lighter then traditionally
expected from a Pilot House type boat. The only way to achieve the weight saving without
compromising on the cruising comfort and equipment was to utilize High Technology materials
and methods in the design and building process of the yacht.
Hull and deck plus main bulkheads were built in Epoxy / Carbon / Vacuum bagged laminates resulting
in a substantial weight saving compared to conventional materials and methods.
In order to reach a high stability with moderate draft and with moderate ballast weight a welded
keel fin was opted for with a lead bulb. The welded keel fin allowed for a much lighter fin and this
allowed for higher bulb weight all resulting in a low ballast CG.
The interior layout had to offer very comfortable cruising facilities for the owner and his family
plus for occasional guests. However Bulkheads an main paneling was made in sandwich construction
for weight saving reason.
Spring 1999 the yacht was launched and have crossed the Atlantic plus cruising sailed in Mediterranean
- RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
- Hull built in Epoxy Aramid/Glass laminates cured under vacuum in room temperature and post cured at 50 C for 20 Hours.
- End Grain Balsa CK57 sandwich.
- Hull repainted 2009/2010 – original white colour
- Cove stripe recessed into hull repainted 2009/2010
- Waterlines re-painted 2009/2010
- Antifouling paint on bottom new every year.
- Hull windows port and starboard flush mounted in hull
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Deck built in Epoxy Carbon laminates cured under vacuum in room temperature and post cured at 50 C for 20 Hours.
- End Grain Balsa CK57 and foam sandwich.
- Chainplates showed here are also in Carbon laminate construction
- Unidirectional Carbon is carried down along both sides of the main structural bulkhead. This way the Chainplates, bulkhead, hull and deck becomes one piece eliminating flexing, leaks and "weak points".
- Deck surfaces re-painted 2009/2010 – original white colour
- Teak decks including cockpit and coamings – caulking serviced 2019
- Pilot house windows are fixed and made of hardened glass securely attached and sealed off to the deck.
- Custom stainless steel steamhead fitting incorporating anchor roller and headstay chainplate
- Teak toerail, varnished
- Varnished teak nosing around deckhouse
- Swim platform in transom with opening hatch to accept 3.4m tender
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin keel (welded stainless steel) with lead ballast bulb
- The keel fin is a hollow welded construction enabling a substantial weight reduction in the fin hence allowing a heavier lead bulb. This results in a much lower Center of Gravity hence influencing the yachts sailing stability and handling characteristics positively.
- A large bilge sump is incorporated in the welded keel fin.
- The keel fin has a large top plate recessed into the hull. This top plate is spreading the keel loads over a larger area into the hull construction making the keel-hull connection extremely strong.
- Cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder
- Rudderstock is made of high strength, S-glass - Epoxy construction using "Vacu-Press" manufacturing system
- Rudder bearings replaced - 2016
Engine & gearbox:
- Caterpillar 3116TA 6-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 205hp @ 2400rpm
- Twin Disc 5050A reduction gearbox
- Double sea water intakes for main engine. Engine can run on one or the other.
- Mannesmann Rexroth electronic engine controls
- Engine instrument panel to be easily accessible from helm station. Buttons instead of ignintion key.
- Freshwater engine cooling
- Engine oil sump of stainless steel
- Permamently mounted engine and generator lube oil tanks 80 liters/tank with electric pump for oil changes.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: 4403 as of January 2020
- Engine service – 2019
- Heat exchanged overhauled - 2016
Propulsion & Steering:
- Lewmar 300SA 25hp hydraulic retractable ‘swing’ bowthruster
- Brunton feathering propeller - 2016
- Spurs ropecutter
- Pneumatic shaft break
- Twin steering pedestals with two 1,100mm diameter ‘Speedwave’ steering wheels in carbon fibre with teak rim – revarnished 2016
- Custom made composite white painted steering pedestals.
- 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
- 2x 108Ah 12vDC engine start batteries – 2016
- 8c Mastervolt Gel 270Ah service batteries bank with 1,080Ah capacity @ 24vDC - 2019
- Sonneshine 24vDC 200Ah electronic battery
- Magnetronic battery control system
- 2x Mastervolt 100Amp battery chargers for service batteries with current control systems.
- Mastervolt 50Amp battery charger for electronics battery - 2019
- Northern Lights ML984 25kw 220vAC 50 Hz Diesel generator
- Generator hours:- 6284 as of January 2020
- Date of last generator service – May 2019
- Mastervolt inverter
- 240Amp engine-mounted alternator
- Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp. meters, voltmeters and tank level meters are provided. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
- 220vAC 50Hz Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Water heater. Heater capacity is 80 L. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
- Water pressure system with outlets in heads, galley and crewcabin.
- Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurized water.
- Outlet for freshwater deckwash hose in anchor locker
- Hot-cold shower in transom door.
- Marinco Aquamarine 300 watermaker - approx 290 litre per hour output
- Watermaker completely overhauled 2016 with new membranes and updated high pressure pump, low pressure pump and pressure gauges
- Engine driven bilge pump with high capacity. Manual clutch
- Automatic electric bilge pump 24 V/DC heavy duty
- 2x Whale Gusher manual bilge pumps
- Seacocks replaced 2010-12
- 2,300 litre fuel capacity in 4x stainless steel tanks plus further day tank
- Stainless steel fuel lines
- Fuel management system with alarm in cockpit. Includes fuel flow gauges for main engine.
- Extra filter with bypass on fuel line in order to change one filter under power.
- Vacuum gauges on fuel filters.
- 1,120 litre fresh water capacity in stainless steel tanks
- 2x 150 litres black water holding tanks in stainless steel
- 150 litres grey water holding tank in stainless steel
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B &G Hercules 2000 Offshore racing Pack, include bronze speed sensor, Sea temp sensor, barometric sensor, wind sensor, tactical software, performance processor and main processor
- B&G displays include (1) NMEA FFD, (4) FFD, (2) analog 260 degree wind, (2) analog magnified wind, (6) 20/20 dispalys
- Robertson Autopilot with Simard AP20 control units in cockpit and at chart table, RF300 rudder angle sensor with tiller arm, RFC35
- Fluxgate compass, HLD2000D/RPU200 double drive cylinder including hydraulic pump
- Leica MX 400 Professional DGPS Navigator
- Raytheon Pathfinder 24” radar with radome antenna on tilt mount on front mast, 15m cable
- Raytheon Pathfinder 7" CRT display at chart table
- Raytheon Pathfinder 7" LCD display in cockpit, watertight
- Simrad chart plotter screen in cockpit
- Echopilot FLS Compact forward looking depth sounder including bronze sender unit
- Acer PC with HP screen running Windows software – 2017
- Acer with HP screen running Max Sea navigation software integrated to navigation instruments
- AIS transceiver – 2008
- 2x Riviera steering compasses - 2018
- B&G V90 VHF with DSC with units positioned internally and externally – 2017
- Wi-Fi network – 2017
- Thrane & Thrane sat coms with KVH Gyrotrac antenna
- RR-active antenna for TV/VHF/NMT/GSM/FM/Weatherfax. Masthead
- Alpes Inox stove with 4 burners and oven – overhauled 2017
- Microwave oven – 2008
- Iceberg refrigerator (with door) and freezer (top loading) – new compressor 2019
- Extra thickness fridge and freezer insulation
- Separate drink-fridge in saloon, 24vDC – new compressor 2019
- Dishwasher – 2008
- Coffee maker – 2008
- Icemaker - 2019
- Garbage disposal in galley sink
- Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water and manual fresh and salt water pumps
- Sealand 24vDC electric vacuumflush heads - 2003
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- Abachi or teak seats in sauna
- Drying rack in sauna
- Sauna to have a small sink. Sauna to work as guest bathroom as well
- Miele washing machine
- Miele dryer
Heating & Ventilation:
- Marine Air 220vAC reverse-cycle air-conditioning with units in master cabin, saloon and galley - 2008
- Eberspacher D8LC hot air cabin heating system with port and starboard unit controls
Heating & Ventilation:
- LED dimmable lighting – 2016
- Samsung LCD Smart TV in saloon - 2016
- Stereo / CD in all cabins, salon and cockpit
- Philips Smart TV in master cabin - 2019
- LG home cinema system - 2019
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 10 berths in master twin cabin, two aft guest cabins with double and single berths and saloon settee berthing. Further crew berth(s) in forepeak.
- Bulkheads and inter panels made out of Vacuum Carbon laminates on foam sandwich.
- Visible surfaces covered w. thin Teak veneer.
- Corian countertops in galley
- Cabin doors with raised and fielded panels
- Doors in front of TV, video and stereo in saloon
- Ocean Air Skyscreens for all deck hatches. Hidden in frames – replaced 2019
- Blinds for saloon windows. Adjustable with remote control
- Safe with combination lock in master cabin port inner locker
- Removable covers for saloon furniture
- Memory foam mattresses in aft cabin, and memory foam toppers on all berths throughout.
- Lee-boards instead of lee-cloths for berths
- Drawers under berths wherever possible
Accommodation Layout From Forward:
- Forepeak for sail storage
- Crew quarters with upper and lower berths to starboard, hanging locker and head with shower to port.
- On the center line is a stall shower with doors forward and to two guest heads (one on either side).
- To both port and starboard are two equal guest cabins with upper fixed berths and lower 1.5 width berths, hanging lockers and vanities.
- U-shaped galley to port with counter space and two swivelling chairs to starboard.
- Pilothouse saloon with U-shaped settee and dining table to port, navigation station and bar/entertainment area to starboard, companionway at aft section of settee leads to cockpit
- Modification to the dinette to replace the two chairs of the table with a sofa with a folding back that offers greater comfort and storage - 2016
- To starboard is a full size sauna; opposite the sauna to port is a small compartment for washer dryer and engine room access
- Large master head with separate stall shower
- Master cabin with king size double berth to port, double hanging locker to port and single hanging locker aft to starboard, settee and lockers on starboard side outboard.
- Omohundro (Southern Spars) carbon fibre mast – repainted 2008
- 4-sets of spreaders
- Stainless steel BSI rod standing rigging – replaced 2011/12
- Date of last rig-out ultransonic inspection - 2016
- Reckmann hydraulic furling unit for headstay RF 90-3 with R5 profiles
- Loadcell on headstay
- Shroud rollers for D1 and V1
- Removable Kevlar cutter stay with additional pad eyes at toerails port and starboard
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang, backstay adjuster, outhaul and genoa halyard
- Omohundro (Southern Spars) carbon fibre Park Avenue style main boom with slab reefing
- Boltrope track on boom wings
- Carbon spinnaker pole mounted on front of mast
- Carbon fibre bowsprit pole for gennaker - 2016
- Lewmar Commander hydraulic power pack with 12 functions
- Hydraulic mast jack
- Halyards replaced 2016
- Aramid running backstays with Frederiksen runner blocks
- Tylaska shackle for main halyard
- New inner forstay cutter jib 2008 with spectra halyard and roller (Code zero type)
- Rondal Silver Line and Lewmar stainless steel deck hardware
- Hydraulic x-haul system for mainsheet traveler.
- Movable stoppers on traveller track
- Extra genoa sheet tracks on toerail, from middle to stern L= 6m
- All Lewmar Chrome hydraulic
- Primaries (2) L - 88 3 SHST GY CH Hydraulic
- Secondaries (2) L - 88 3 SHST GY CH Hydraulic
- Main sheet (1) LMS - 600
- Halyard at mast (1) L - 66 SST GY CH
- Halyard at mast (1) L – 2 x 66 SHST GY CH Hydraulic
- Main switch in cockpit for hydraulic winches.
- Millennium Arxe Carbon fully battened mainsail – 2016 and serviced annually
- Millennium Arxe Carbon furling 105% jib – 2016 and serviced annually
- Millennium Arxe Carbon furling staysail with UV strip and anti-torsion cable
- North Sails 2.1oz A1 PBO asymmetric reacher gennaker with ATN snuffer
- North Sails 1.5oz A2 nylon Gradient A2 asymmetric gennaker with snuffer
- North Sails 1.5oz spinnaker with snuffer
- Foredeck recess for windlass, chain and anchor
- Lifeline gates on both sides and stern
- Deck drains 40-50mm diameter with seacocks under WL
- Hatch 60 x 60 from cockpit coaming into sauna
- Stainless steel eyes for safety harnesses in cockpit
- Stainless steel mooring line chaulks with rollers
- Lifeline wire without plastic coating
- Teak false bottom in bow thruster compartment
- Low profile model deck hatches – replaced 2016
- Lighting in cockpit and deck lockers.
- 5x windshield wipers for pilothouse
- Carbonfibre passarelle with stanchions
- Removable cockpit table with stainless steel legs – revarnished 2016
- Teak folding pushpit seats - 2018
Covers & Canvas:
- Mainsail cover - 2018
- Bimini for cockpit – 2016
- Boom awning - 2018
- Canvas covers for steering wheels and pedestals - 2019
- Canvas covers for windshield - 2018
- Padded cover for saloon table - 2019
- Cockpit cushions with closed cell filling, incl. storage
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lewmar 3000 Windlass Hydraulic/Vertical 13 mm Gypsy/Capstan
- CQR anchor 75 lbs. stainless steel with 100m chain
- Delta 25 kg
- Windlass and anchor also in stern
- Anchor wash down with permanently mounted nozzle
Tender & Outboard:
- Geniuss 3.85m folding keel inflatable tender – 2016
- Suzuki DF20 outboard engine – 2016
- Stainless steel tender chocks for foredeck - 2017
- Lifting crane for outboard motor
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
12-man liferaft with stainless steel cradle – 2019
Lying Viareggio, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Baltic Yachts
Designer: Judel Vrolijk / R&J Designs
Flag of Registry: Italy
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 22.30 m
Beam: 5.50 m
LWL: 18.50 m
Minimum Draft: 3.30 m
Maximum Draft: 3.30 m
Displacement: 35000 kgs
Ballast: 14300 kgs
Total Power: 205 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Year Built: 1999
Engine Model: 3116TA
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4403
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 205 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (1120 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (2300 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 3 Stainless steel
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 4
Number of bathrooms: 4
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Sea water pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 12
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
San Remo, Italy
Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy