1999 Gozzard 37A
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stamford, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 227,000
El Dorado is a Gozzard 37 with the 37A model layout and is being sold by her original owner. This solidly built and beautifully crafted yacht was designed for a liveaboard offshore cruising lifestyle. She easily handles all kinds of weather conditions.
Details like the satin varnished interior cherry joinery and beautiful hull lines help set this yacht apart from the average production boat. The unique transom looks traditional but folds down, revealing a walkthru with steps and a stainless steel boarding ladder that makes dinghy access simple.
New Beta 50 engine, new shaft, and prop (2018).
Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free, personalized market evaluation.
- Builders and worldwide distributors for Passport Yachts
- Representatives for Gozzard Brokerage Yachts.
- Quality brokerage sailing and motor yachts.
For showings contact John Albertine 443-837-5075 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact John Albertine at 443-837-5075
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Ted Gozzard
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 42 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 31 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 37 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 19000 lbs
Ballast: 6800 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 53 ft 6 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Beta Marine
Year Built: 2018
Engine Model: Beta
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 460
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Number of heads: 1
Tankage and plumbing
Fuel: 67 gals. (52.5 main + 14.5 reserve) aluminum. There is a fuel manifold and a Racor 500 primary filter. Tanks new in 2011.
Water: 117 gals. (55 bow + 51 stbd + 11 hot water heater) fiberglass tanks with vinylester resin and lined with an FDA approved epoxy barrier.
- Whale 2000 hard plastic pipes color-coded blue for cold and red for hot water and with quick disconnect fittings.
- Kuma Marine 11 gal. water heater (AC and engine) with a thermostatic mixer (2019)
Waste: 40 gals. fiberglass that can be emptied through a deck pump-out fitting or with the onboard macerator pump. There is a Raritan fluid monitor.
- Shurflo Aqua King II Variable speed freshwater pump (2019)
- Rule 1100 GPH automatic electric bilge pump
- Sump pump for shower and refrigerator drains
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump in cockpit
Construction - Hull and Deck
The hull is constructed with knitted double bias E-glass RM (0-90) and XM (45-45) cloth and cored with 1/2" SPS Corecell foam using both vacuum bagging and hand-laid techniques. The core is eliminated and replaced with solid glass laminate in high load areas including sheer line, centerline, keel, rudderpost, and thru-hulls.
The decks were designed with ease of use. They feature wide low cambered side decks and bulwarks for sure footing in healing conditions. The deck is molded FRP sandwich construction with 1/2" and 3/4" SPS Corecell with extra solid fiberglass laminate in high load areas.
The rudder shaft is 1 1/2" in diameter 316 stainless steel. The rudder is constructed with a stainless web that is welded to the shaft. It is heavily glassed to one of the two 1/4" fiberglass skin halves. The foils are then cored and assembled together. The cosmetic joint between the two skins is glassed over and faired. 3M 5200 is used where the rudder shaft exits the rudder to prevent water intrusion. The entire rudder is coated with Interprotect 3000 barrier coat. Emergency tiller is stored in a custom holder under teh aft cockpit locker lid.
The skeg is made much like the rudder except considerably heavier. It has a stainless steel bolt spider that is permanently bolted using epoxy to the hull.
All main or structural bulkheads are constructed with cored fiberglass laminates that are very strong and rot-resistant. The main bulkhead has a cherry veneer face. The bulkheads are glassed to the hull and later the deck when it is installed. The interior has a closed grid structure that combines the stringers and the floor assemblies. Whenever possible all wooden structures are glassed to the hull or deck to minimize unsupported panel size.
The hull deck joint is bedded in 3M 5200 and bolted on 6" centers with 5/16" stainless steel machine bolts with aircraft type nuts.
There are full-length FRP rub rails installed approximately 18" below the cap rail. It includes a 316 stainless steel striker plate.
There is external lead ballast is attached to cover the entire length of the keel bottom.
Below the waterline, there is an Interprotect 2000 barrier coat.
All exterior woodwork is all Asian Teak. There are teak cap rails with the signature stylized dolphins midships.
The Gozzard 37 interior layout has become legendary for the beautiful cherry finish and absolutely innovative open concept design. El Dorado has the A plan layout that includes a two-place dinette with a separate nav station and a freezer over refrigeration box arrangement.
The forward cabin/salon easily converts from a large centerline queen size berth to dining for 6 at the large table, to a comfortable settee area with coffee table. Behind the settee backs are storage areas for the large dinette table and plenty more. More storage aft of the seats both port and starboard. The midship bulkhead is hinged to easily convert the forward salon into a private stateroom.
Next aft to port is the forward-facing navigation station. The refrigeration/freezer cabinet is just aft.
On the starboard side is the dinette followed by the L-shaped galley.
Aft on the port side is the head with a separate shower stall.
Recessed sinks in head and galley with backsplashes. Countertops are cultured marble.
Aft on the starboard side is the aft cabin with king-size berth.
There are built-in screens for ports and hatches and curtains for all ports. The companionway has an overhead sliding screen and separate companionway screen doors (fold-in).
Ventilation: Two 24" x 24" hatches
Two 8" x 14" hatches
Six 7" x 14" opening ports
Four 5" x 12" opening ports
Two teak dorade boxes with 4" cowl vents
Three 3" Nicro solar ventilators
- 12v Nova Kool air-cooled refrigerator (2017) with approx. 5 cu. ft. fridge and 2 cu. ft. freezer
- Force 10 SS 2-burner gimballed propane stove with oven and broiler
- Two propane tanks in the bow locker
- Large deep polished SS sink
- Santec propane detector
- Panasonic NN-S446 800 watt microwave
- Stern mounted Force 10 BBQ
- Custom dish locker
Electronics and Communications
- Richie SP5C compass
- Raymarine E-series plotter; Radar and GPS at helm and nav. station
- Raymarine ST60 Tri-Data at helm and nav. station
- Remote windlass control
- Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS
- Raystar 112LPdd GPS receiver
- Uniden ES UM525 VHF radio with a remote wireless transceiver
- ST6000 Plus autopilot control unit
- Type 100/300 Raytheon autopilot course computer
- ICOM IC M710 MF/HF SSB transceiver
- ICOM AT-130 Automatic SSB Antenna Tuner
- Pioneer DEH-245 AM/FM radio with two cabin and two cockpit speakers
- Weems and Plath barometer
- Radar reflector
- Two Lifeline AGM 12 volt house batteries (2019)
- AGM 12 volt start battery (2017)
- 30 am 110-volt shore power inlet with cord
- Bass AC/DC Master electrical panel at the navigation station
- Freedom 15 Inverter / Battery charger (1500 watt inverter and 75 amp charger)
- 70 amp 12v alternator
- 12-volt outlets at the helm and nav. station
- 110-volt outlets throughout
- Marine-grade tinned copper wiring
- Courtesy lights
- Anchor, navigation, and forward deck lights
Sails and Rigging
- Traditional cutter rig
- Self-tending staysail on a curved athwartship traveler forward of the mast
- Selden rigid boom vang
- Selden mast and boom, deck-stepped with a fiberglass compression post
- Double spreader rig
- Schaefer furlers for genoa and staysail
- 1x19 SS rigging
- Lewmar 30 Chrome ST mainsheet winch on steering console
- Lewmar 48 Chrome ST primary winches
- Two Lewmar utility winches
- All control lines led aft to the cockpit
- Fully battened mainsail
- Two genoas (each has ten years use)
- Staysail (2019)
- Asymmetric spinnaker (2010- Main 330 sq. ft.
- Topsail 514 sq. ft.
- Staysail 227 sq. ft.
- Sail area with 100% fore-triangle 818 sq. ft.
- Total sail area 1,071 sq. ft
- Deck have molded sand type non-skid on all exterior walking areas
- Double lifelines with gates port and starboard
- SS handrails are positioned near the side decks on the coach roof
- Six bronze chock/cleats capable of handling 2 -3/4" dock lines each.
- Bowsprit with anchor rollers for two anchors.
- Anchor rode locker is located in the forward part of the sail lockers with drains through the hull sides and not into the interior of the boat.
- Dodger and bimini with connector
- Nova dinghy davits incorporated into the stern rail and designed to hold 300 lbs. They include 4:1 tackle with snap shackles and Harken jam cleats
- Mercury 300 RIB 9'6" (2019)
- Outboard crane at the transom
- Nite Tracker 12-volt handheld 1200 lumen spotlight
- Fiberglass companionway storm boards
- Cockpit table with two drop-down leaves
- Lewmar Ocean 1 electric windlass with foot controls forward and a remote switch at the helm.
- 44 lb Spade anchor with 175' chain (2015)
- 35 lb CQR anchor with 20' chain and 150' rode
- 32 lb Danforth anchor as spare
- Built-in storm panel tracks for drop boards
- Traditional teak wheel
- Teak cockpit sole (vacuum bagged / not screwed)
- Fold-down walk-thru transom with SS swim boarding ladder
- A built-in hot and cold freshwater shower in cockpit
- 8" x18" spring-loaded (blast gate) transom cockpit drain
- Closed-cell cockpit cushions
- Four standard lifejackets and four CO2 inflatable lifejackets
- 4 cockpit locker hatches provide access for bulky storage items, w/custom cutouts under 2 lids for winch handles, flashlight, emergency tiller & bilge pump handle
- Fenders and dock lines
Engines and Mechanical
- Beta 50 fresh water-cooled engine with 460 hrs as of Nov. 2019 (new 2018)
- The engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter, oil pressure, voltmeter, water temperature (2018)
- Kobelt single-lever shifter
- Racor fuel filter
- PSS No-Drip shaft seal
- 70 Amp 12 Volt alternator
- Cabin Mate heat and air conditioning
- Four Kidde fire extinguishers
- Raritan PH II marine toilet
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Wagner Stevens Yachts
Falmouth, ME, United States
Oriental, NC, United States
Newport Beach, CA, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Goderich, ON, Canada
Goderich, ON, Canada