1998 Island Packet 40
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Huntington, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 165,000
CARESS is a well outfitted and very well maintained Island Packet 40. She has full electronics, canvas package, Cutter rig, Harken furling and more. Please see FULL SPECS for a complete listing.
2/2020 Price Reduction - Now asking $165,000 and open to all reasonable offers.
David Willis, CPYB 631-421-3400 office | 516-885-9481 mobile | email@example.com
Please contact Master User at (631) 421-3400
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
CARESS - WB 2743
Builder: Island Packet
Designer: Bob Johnson
LOA: 41 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
LWL: 34 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 39 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 8 in
Displacement: 22800 lbs
Ballast: 10000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 53 ft 8 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: 4JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (170 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (90 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (40 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
The interior of the Island Packet 40 features a unique tri-cabin layout with large forward and aft staterooms and a spacious central salon. Each with private access to an adjoining head compartment with shower.
The forward, or master stateroom with adjoining head compartment further forward, utilizes virtually the full beam of the yacht to create an exceptionally open, roomy layout. A large double berth, oversized hanging locker plus bureau and chest of drawers and numerous other detailed amenities provide for a gracious lifestyle for extended periods.
The main salon has large settees, a wide sole with drop-down table, pull out double berth and excellent stowage areas provide a third cabin for extra guests. The nav station has been fitted with a custom-made teak cabinet to house the electronics and radios. The station is quickly accessible from the cabin or cockpit. The large wraparound U-shaped galley has excellent storage, a 3 burner LPG stove with oven, large double sinks and a 12 cubic foot ice box.
Comfortable accommodations for two are provided in the aft stateroom. There is private access to the aft head with shower.
Cedar lined closets/hanging lockers. Chart kit drawer. Courtesy lights/night lights in main cabin with switch by companionway. Additional red lamp night fixtures installed throughout.
Large wrap-around galley area features the following:
- Double S/S sinks with Grohe fitting and retractable sprayer.
- Large insulated 12 cu. ft. ice box refrigerator
- Sea Frost engine driven cold plate refrigeration with 110v assist
- Ice box drain & light
- Gimballed three burner stove w/ oven
- Microwave oven
- Manual fresh water pump.
- Trash bin
- Teak paper towel holder
- Excellent dish storage and cutlery drawers.
- Raymarine ST50 knotmeter - bulkhead mounted
- Raymarine ST50 depthfinder - bulkhead mounted
- Raymarine ST50 wind indicator - bulkhead mounted
- Raymarine RL70C color radar/chartplotter in pod @ helm
- Raymarine ST6000+ autopilot in pod @ helm
- Standard VHF @ nav station
- Ram mic for VHF @ helm
- 12V panel with breakers and indicator lights
- 110V panel with breakers and indicator lights
- House bank: 12v AGM batteries (2018) system totaling 720 a/h.
- Starting: 12v battery
- Heart battery monitor
- Shore power: 110v 30a Shore power system with cord
- Espar diesel heat
- Tank Watch 3 water and holding tank monitor
- 12v cigarette style outlet at nav station
Sails and Rigging
- Main sail - In mast furling - 4 years old
- 130% roller furling Genoa - re-cut for easier handling
- Stay sail
- Sails were serviced by North Sails 2019
- Cutter rig w/ Harken roller furling for head and stay sails, twin backstays
- Charleston Spars aluminum mast
- Boom vang
- Lewmar self tailing winches:
- Lewmar 54 primary winches (upgrade from standard)
- Lewmar 30 cabin top winches
- Lewmar 42 for jib furling line
- Lewmar 16 for staysail furling line
- Lewmar 42 utility
- Oversized Lewmar cockpit winches
- Anchor rollers (2)
- Anchor windlass w/ foot switches at foredeck
- Teak anchor platform/bowsprit with chain pads.
- Stern chocks with chafe guards
- Mid ship cleats
- Dorade vents
- Espar diesel heat
- Electric head aft, manual forward
- Hella Turbo cabin fans
- Cockpit cushions
- Dodger, Bimini, connecting panel between bimini and dodger - excellent condition
- Handrails on side of dodger
- Ritchie pedestal mounted compass
- Max prop feathering prop.
- Macerator pump for overboard discharge of holding tank
- Wash-down pump w/ deck fitting forward - fresh water
- Cockpit icebox w/ drain
- Coaming storage bins for lines
- Teak cup holder @ helm
- All exterior teak done in Sikkens Cetol Marine - excellent condition
- Cockpit table
- Dinghy Davits
- Horseshoe buoys with brackets
- Edson outboard bracket on stern rail
- Emergency tiller
- Fire extinguishers
- Heavy duty fenders and docklines
- Various spare filters, impellers, belts, etc.
- Screen doors for companionway
- Hatch screens
- Stern perch seats
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.