1998 Hallberg-Rassy 46
- View Full Specifications
Coded bluewater spec H/R46
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Enroute Portugal Spring 2020, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 320,000 Tax Paid (US$ 349,056)
Extremely well maintained bluewater equipped Hallberg Rassy 46 with great specification and trans-oceanic coding for skippered charter.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Coded for skippered charter at the very highest trans-oceanic level in Finland, SISSI has been enjoyed by her owners and their guests for extended ocean adventures across the Atlantic and further afield, with her most recent cruising taking in a circumnavigation following on from the 2018 ARC. Having been a regular entrant in the World Cruising Club’s ARC (Atlantic Rally for Cruisers), SISSI has proven herself in all conditions and in all climates.
SISSI’s specification highlights include:-
- 3-cabin layout with split aft owner’s cabin.
- Standard 1.88m fin keel with skeg-hung rudder
- Powerful 125hp Yanmar diesel engine
- Fischer Panda 6kw generator
- Twin wind generator and solar panels on custom fabricated stern gantry
- Davits built into stern gantry
- Schenker watermaker
- Webasto diesel fire hot air cabin heating
- Inmast furling system
- Spinnaker pole
- Recent sail wardrobe
- Autohelm and Lowrance instrument package with plotters and 4G radar
- Satellite phone
- Sea water cooled compressor for refrigeration and freezer
Continually updated in recent seasons, SISSI is now offered for sale in turn-key condition.
We have sailed SISSI across the Atlantic on seven occasions and we had planned for a circumnavigation. The Hallberg Rassy 46 has proven herself to be extremely sturdy and easy to navigate. We have been positively surprised by her light wind sailing qualities. SISSI is already sailing well in winds as light at 8 knots.
The Hallberg-Rassy 46 was built in 132 units between 1995 and 2005. Production numbers were shared between the HR 45 and the HR 46, although there were different moulds. Hull numbers 1-69 plus Number 83 are Hallberg-Rassy 45s, and 70-202, except No 83, were Hallberg-Rassy 46s.
Short-handed sailing is easy in this attractive Frers-designed cruiser. She is both a fairly good performer and seakindly. It is a boat made to go around the world or cruise local waters.
When she was introduced, the Hallberg-Rassy 46 won the Yacht of the Year award in the biggest category in the respected German magazine Yacht.
“Taking everything into consideration the Hallberg-Rassy 46 got my vote as the boat best-designed and equipped to sail long distances comfortably."
"Swedish builders Hallberg-Rassy have a global reputation when it comes to setting standards for blue water cruising......Apart from their good manners under sail and power, much of the yachts' reputation is based on the solid build and high quality standard specification - considered by many to be the cruising icon."
Yachting World Magazine
- Our understanding is that the vessel was constructed under supervision by Germanischer Lloyd and is certified by Germanischer Lloyd and delivered with a CE certificate and a CE plaquette for category A (unlimited ocean voyages).
- GRP hull construction.
- Divinycell closed-cell foam core insulation above waterline. Solid laminate below waterline.
- Isophtalic resins are used.
- White gelcoat topsides with blue decoration stripes.
- Built in longitudinal stringers.
- Rubbing strake with brass-strip under the blue stripe.
- Underwater sections soda-blasted and recoated with epoxy - 2016
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP-sandwich construction 35 mm for strength and insulation.
- Hull and deck completely joined by overlapping GRP-laminate.
- Bulwark formed in the deck and hull mouldings and fitted with a solid capping in teak.
- Handrails, companionway, hatch guides, sole and seats in cockpit and bathing platform are all in solid teak.
- Laid teak deck on top of the GRP deck and coach roof.
Keel & Rudder:
- Standard draft ballast keel in lead with stainless steel bolts.
- Rudder blade in GRP supported by semi-skeg– rudder plus bearings replaced 2016
- Rudder main shaft diameter 80 mm stainless steel.
- Heavy cast rudder fittings in bronze.
Engines & gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH3-THE 4-cylinder turbo-charged 125hp marine diesel engine.
- Mechanical gearbox with shaft drive.
- Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
- Single lever throttle/gear control
- Twin Racor filters
Service & Maintenance:
- Engine hours – approx. 5,060 Hours as of Spring 2020
- Date of last engine service – Serviced annually
- Starter motor replaced 2015
- Cruising speed – approx. 6 Knots
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx. 5 litres per hour
Propulsion & Steering:
- Shaft drive with stainless steel and water lubricated shaft bearing and Aquadrive flexible link
- Gori 3-bladed folding propeller with Propspeed coating – fitted 2016
- Sleipner Sidepower 24vDC 8kw bowthruster
- Hide covered stainless steel steering wheel on GRP pedestal, 100 cm diameter
- Cardan links with roller and ball bearings
- Emergency tiller
- 24vDC domestic system with 12vDC engine start bank and 220vAC system via shorepower, generator or inverter
- Mastervolt multi-function battery tracking monitor – installed 2017
- 1 x 12vDC 120Ah engine start battery
- 4x 12vDC 180Ah Exide AGM service batteries joined in parallel and series to provide 360Ah @ 24vDC
- 1x 12vDC 35Ah AGM radio device battery with isolation transformer
- Mastervolt 220vAC 110Amp automatic battery charger with charger control at chart table – installed 2017
- 220vAC inverter
- Yanmar 60Ah 12vDC engine-mounted alternator for engine start battery
- 80Ah 24vDC engine-mounted alternator for service battery bank
- Fischer Panda 6kw 220vAC diesel generator
- Generator hours – approx. 2,100 as of Spring 2020
Wind and Solar Power Generation:
- 4x 100w 24vDC solar panels with charge regulator
- 2x Silentwind 400+ with charger regulator/controllers
- 220vAC shorepower with cable
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised hot & cold water throughout with 24vDC fresh water pressure pump
- Water heated form main engine & immersion heater in well-insulated 40 litre hot water tank
- Schenker Modular 30 24vDC reverse-osmosis watermaker
- Manual and electric bilge pumps with manual override at chart table
Black & Grey Water Systems:
- Grey water discharges to sea
- Black water discharges to sea or to black water holding tank
- 660 litres of fuel capacity in stainless steel tank beneath saloon floor
- Tank level monitoring system
- 920 litres of fresh water capacity in stainless steel tank beneath saloon floor
- Tank level monitoring system
- 50 litres blackwater holding tank for aft heads
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Lowrance colour GPS radar chart plotter with mounts at chart table and at helm – 2014
- Lowrance 4G broadband radar scanner mounted an transom arch – 2014
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot – planetary gears replaced with brass 2016
- Autohelm wind, speed and depth transducers with displays at companionway
- Autohelm ST60 multi-display at chart table
- AIS transmitter – installed 2017
- Furuno NX300 Navtex – installed 2014
- 2x tablet computers with email and weather chart software
- Steering compass
- Lowrance VHF with DSC and external speaker – 2014
- Lowrance portable VHF with DSC - 2014
- Motorola Iridium 9555 satellite phone
- Force 10 3-burner gas stove with oven – fitted 2014
- 24vDC sea-water cooled refrigeration with pumps replaced 2017
- Fridge & freezer
- Twin stainless steel sink with pressured hot & cold water supply
- Manual fresh supply to galley
- 2x Jabsco manual marine heads
- Hot & cold pressurised showers in both heads
Heating & Ventilation:
- 2x Webasto diesel-fired hot air cabin heating systems with outlets in all cabins
- 12 opening windows/ports
- Dorade vents
- LED interior lighting
- CD/Radio with speakers in saloon and cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to to 9 berths in three separate cabins plus saloon. Two heads, each with a dedicated shower cubicle.
- Up to 1.97m headroom in saloon (1.92m in aft owner’s cabin)
- Interior finished in African Mahogany hand-rubbed with a silk smooth finish
- Laminate counters in galley and heads
- Blue cloth upholstery
- Teak floorboards with contrasting inlay
- White vinyl padded headlinings with mahogany battening
Accommodation Layout from Forward:
- Double cabin with v-berth.
- Stowage beneath bunks.
- Further stowage above and outboard.
- Hanging locker.
- Aft of forward cabin to starboard.
- Manual marine heads.
- Separate shower cubicle.
- Opposite forward heads to port.
- Upper and lower bunks.
- Hanging locker.
- L-shaped settee to port with occasional seaberth and large folding leaf table.
- Further settee to starboard with occasional seaberth
- Stowage above/ outboard in lockers and below/outboard of seating.
- Forward facing chart table to port with dedicated seat.
- Oilskin locker aft
- U-shaped galley aft of saloon to starboard.
- Top-opening fridge & freezer
- Twin stainless steel sinks
- Gimballed gas stove
Aft (Owner’s Cabin)
- Split berth arrangement with extra-wide berth to starboard and single berth to port.
- Central settee seat
- Lockers with shelves outboard
- Stowage beneath berths
- Hanging locker in the walkthrough to chart table area.
- Ensuite to owner’s cabin
- Manual marine heads.
- Separate shower cubicle.
- Seldén aluminium anodized spars with masthead-rig
- Two pairs of spreaders
- Selden rod kick with gas damper
- In-mast furling system – overhauled with new parts 2016
- Furlex manual genoa furler
- Mast-mounted spinnaker pole with track
- Mainsheet track aft of cockpit
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging – 1998 - professionally inspected annually by Selden rigger.
- Lower spreaders replaced 2019
- Aluminium rigging screw protectors
- Fixed backstay with mechanical adjustment
- 2x Lewmar 64ST 2-speed self-tailing manual genoa winches
- 2x Lewmar 44ST 2-speed self-tailing manual mainsheet winches
- 2x Lewmar ST 2-speed self-tailing manual spinnaker/checkstay winches
- 2x Lewmar 44ST 2-speed self-tailing mast-mounted halyard winches
- 1x Lewmar 16C manual mast-mounted reefing winch
- Bryt Sails Dacron inmast furling mainsail – 2018
- North sails Dacron No.1 furling genoa – 2013
- North Sails Dacron No.3 furling genoa – 2014
- North Sails Dacron storm jib – 2015
- Gennaker with snuffer
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit with twin guadwires and stanchions
- Side boarding gates
- Stainless steel gantry at stern with solar panels, radar scanner and wind generators - 2017
- Integral dinghy davits on gantry
- Teak outboard bracket
Anchoring & Mooring:
- 24vDC 1,200w electric anchor windlass with remote control
- 30kgs primary anchor with chain
- kedge anchor
- Warps & fenders
Covers & Canvas:
- Sprayhood with stainless steel frame – 2016
- Bimini with stainless steel frame – 2017
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Viking 8-man cannister liferaft mounted on foredeck (2014) – next service due ???
- 8x 290N Crewsaver Ergofit lifevests with lights and harnesses
- Personal AIS alarms
- MOB recovery sling
- Ocean Signal 406Mhz EPIRB with GPS (2014) – battery replaced 2019
- Ocean Signal SART radar receiver – 2014 – battery replaced 2017
Lying: Caribbean, enroute Portugal
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact:
Lead broker: Jonas Renlund – Grabau international ( Scandinavia)
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hallberg Rassy
Designer: German Frers
Flag of Registry: Finland
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 14.78 m
Beam: 4.35 m
LWL: 11.90 m
Minimum Draft: 1.88 m
Maximum Draft: 1.88 m
Displacement: 16500 kgs
Ballast: 6600 kgs
Total Power: 125 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3-THE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 5060
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 125 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (920 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (660 Liters)
Holding Tanks: (50 Liters)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Outboard engine brackets
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
Grabau International (Scandinavia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Scandinavia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
Cairnbaan, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom