1998 Hallberg-Rassy 42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lagos, Portugal
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 175,000 Tax Paid (US$ 223,160)
- Sale Pending
Beautiful Hallberg-Rassy 42F offered for sale by original owners.
Khamsin is a much loved example of a proven blue water cruiser offering safe and comfortable cruising for couples and families.
Hallberg-Rassy's world renowned build quality and attention to detail make her an sound investment at an attractive price.
Khamsin has recently been relaunched after winter storage ashore (under her heavy duty winter cover) and is lying in commission in Marina de Lagos ready for her new owners.
Transworld Yachts are the Hallberg-Rassy dealer for the UK and Ireland specialising in new and used boat sales. We also manage refit and repair projects and carry a range of spare parts and yacht accessories. You can visit us at Hamble Point Marina which is situated at the mouth of the Hamble River, you can phone us on +44 (0) 2380 454000 or visit our website at: http://www.transworldyachts.co.uk/boats-for-sale/
Please contact Jonathan Taylor at +44 (0)23 8045 4000
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Germán Frers
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 43 ft 4 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
LWL: 33 ft 11 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 12500 kgs
Ballast: 4700 kgs
Headroom: 6 ft 7 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: TMD22
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1063
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (685 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (420 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (40 Liters)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Sea water pump
Shore power inlet
Outboard engine brackets
All interior woodwork in light mahogany matt silk finish. Floor is in varnished teak with inlaid holly stripes. Saloon ceiling has paneling with mahogany stripes. Light coloured upholstery on all berths which rest on unvarnished, well ventilated boards to reduce condensation. The boat is carpeted throughout in light blue, except directly in front of the galley, press studs avoid movement. All portholes and skylights are fitted with blue curtains. 12v and 230v sockets throughout the boat.
- SALOON: On the starboard side the settee backrest can be lifted to make wider sleeping berth. Stowage below. On port side the L-shaped settee has a fixed backrest with opening sections for stowage and curved back rest in corner. Between the settees is a dropleaf table with bottle stowage in centre section. Sony stereo radio/CD player with speakers in main saloon and in cockpit. Ship's clock and barometer. Safe for valuables. Clock and barometer. Large opening hatch to deck and four opening portlights. Headroom in saloon 2m.
- GALLEY: Working surface in white laminate with strong, all round fiddle rail. Insulated icebox with Isotherm 12v refrigeration unit. Deep, double sink with hot/cold mixer, manual sea water and manual freshwater faucets. 2-burner gas cooker with grill and oven, gimballed with 2 x 6kg gas bottles. Cover for cooker. Safety switch on gas pipe. Crockery locker and cutlery drawer. Bread board. Stowage for saucepans and other kitchen utensils.
- FORWARD HEADS COMPARTMENT: Bulkheads and lockers in white laminate. Watertight shower stall, teak grating, china wash basin and large mirror. Shower curtain. Mixer tap in washbasin is pulled out for shower use. Shower water drained overboard by electric waste pump. Pump action sea toilet. Stainless steel holding tank which can be emptied from deck. Cupboard below washbasin. Ventilation through opening porthole and hatch. 12v socket. Headroom 1.92m.
- FORWARD CABIN: Two berths with ample stowage above and below and in addition a number of lockers. Infill cushion. A hatch and opening porthole. Mirror. Headroom 1.98m.
- CHART TABLE and WALKTHROUGH: A comfortable chart table seat with spacious chart table. Instrument shelf above. Electric panel to the left of the navigator. 5 drawers and stowage slots. Sealed 2-door access to the engine room off the walkthrough. Headroom in the walkthrough 1.68m. On portside there is a locker.
- AFT CABIN: Aft cabin has two hanging lockers on portside and two comfortable berths, one 2m long x 1.2m wide and the other 2m long and 1.15m wide. Stowage room below and above. Seat between berths. Mirror. Headroom in hatch area 1.91m.
- AFT HEADS COMPARTMENT: As forward toilet, but with a separate shower with seat. Ventilation through an opening window. Stainless steel holding tank (can be emptied from deck). Headroom 1.84m.
Volvo Penta TMD22 75 HP 4-cylinder. 1063.3 engine hours
3-blade J-prop feathering propeller
Ambassador rope cutter
Webasto Heating with outlets to all cabins.
- DIESEL: 420 Litres in stainless steel tank, below the floor in saloon with fuel gauge. The cruising range in calm waters is approx. 620 nautical miles.
- WATER: Water capacity is 685 litres in two tanks, the main tank under the floor holding 320 litres and the extra tank under the settee 365 litres. The reserve tank is piped to main tank and controlled by a stop valve. There is a water gauge for the main tank. 40 Litres hot water calorifier. There is a reserve foot pump in galley. Manual bilge pump as well as electrical emergency bilge pump.
- ELECTRICITY: Two separate 12v battery banks, one for engine start and one for domestic use on board. Charging of batteries is by 125A alternator from engine. Electrical panel with circuit breakers behind chart table corner. There is a volt, water and diesel meter. International navigation lights.
- Full 230v shore power system with, ring main throughout the boat, immersion element in calorifier for hot water and Mastervolt battery charger.
Spars & Sails
Double spreader rig by Selden.
Selden Electric Furlinmast in-mast reefing and furling.
Jib furling and reefing system by Selden Furlex.
Removeable inner forestay with running backstays.
Two Lewmar 40 CST selftailing winches on mast for main and jib halyards.
Lewmar 58 ECST primary winches
Lewmar 40 CST main sheet winches
Clutches and cleats on mast.
Spinnaker pole with track, halyard and uphaul.
Turnbuckles from Hasselfors, aluminium protection tubes from Selden, blocks and winches from Lewmar.
Mast head anchor light
Fully battened furling mainsail by Saunders sails Lymington (New 2019)
Elvestrom main as spare (light use)
Furling 120 % genoa by Elvstrom
Cruising chute with snuffler
Storm jib (unused)
Deck, toerail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and side trims in top quality teak laid in silicon rubber
Teak on coachroof
Teak hand rails full length of superstructure
Strong stem fitting with integral anchor roller holding 60lb CQR anchor and chain
Lewmar Ocean 1 electrical windlass, 1000W, with footswitches on foredeck
Stowage in chain locker for fenders
Cleats forward, aft and midships
Double guardwires with 4 supports, entry gates port and starboard
Deck inlets for water and diesel tanks
Granny bars at mast
Genoa and mainsheet tracks with blocks, footblocks for Genoa
Two electric selftailing genoa winches, Lewmar 58 CEST
Two selftailing mainsheet winches, Lewmar 40 CST
Runners, blocks and winches by Lewmar
Hatches in foredeck, toilet compartment, saloon and in aft cabin.
Portholes and hatches renewed 2015
Pulpit and pushpit in stainless steel
Gas locker on starboard side deck Further stowage in the lazarette on aft deck
Deck shower on aft deck
Fore to aft winter cover
On starboard side in cockpit there is a large sized, dry stowage locker with storage slots for wash boards
The cockpit floor is covered with a teak grating
Leather covered wheel steering with single engine control lever
Highly varnished folding teak cockpit table
Morse control mounted in the Whitlock steering pedestal
Windscreen with opening centre section and sprayhood over front part of cockpit
High gloss varnished outer chart tables either side of main sliding hatch
Cockpit speakers for ship's stereo
Cover for wheel/compass
Larger sprayhood and complete cockpit enclosure with standing headroom supported by stainless steel frame (2006)
Overall winter cover
'Crane' davits in white
Out board bracket on pushpit
Caribe hard bottom dinghy
Raymarine E90 hybrid touch chart plotter
Suunto steering compass mounted on binnacle
Raytheon ST7000 autopilot with control mounted on steering pedestal
Raytheon ST50 VMG instrument mounted on steering pedestal
Raytheon ST50 compass, GPS, speed, depth and wind instruments mounted over companionway
Raytheon RL 70C radar/plotter with scanner on mast
Raytheon ST50 multi-function instrument at chart table
Furuno GPS Navigator at chart table
Raymarine ST6000 autopilot head unit at chart table
Horseshoe life buoy
Danbuoy MOB market
Jonbuoy MOB marker
Life raft (Serviced August 2020)
120 percent furling Genoa headsail.
An addition Main Sale by Elvestrom
A stay sail
Cruising chute together with Snuffer
Rubber pipe lagging to protect winter cover from chaffing on upper guard wires when fitted.
Other Boats from Transworld Yachts Sailing Ltd
43 MK II
Swanwick, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hamble, Hampshire, United Kingdom